Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167702 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1475 on: September 13, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
It's not like they are gonna use WSR cycling as the method for making Link move around. SHouldn't be too tiresome if used in precision required places.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 13, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »
SHouldn't be too tiresome if used in precision required places.

Exactly. We're going to have to wait and see before we know for sure, but one thing I think we can count on is Nintendo's ability to find the balance; the balance between generic and precision.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 13, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
Remember this...

The game we all want and didn't even know it? - Super Annutation coming through again.

Warren Spectre & Disney/Pixar working on "Epic Mickey" for the Wii?
http://www.fredgambino.co.uk/film_tv_thmbs.html
Amongst other non-ludological things, concept art for an “interactive game” called “Epic Mickey.”

Seems to lend some credibility to that story from late last year about a Warren Spector-developed, steampunk-themed title of the same name. I really, really, really hope this is being fully realized, or I’ll be very sad.

Gamasutra.com ran a story on this game in Dec. of 2008. They also ran posted more in an interview with Warren Spectre @ E3.

And here is a pic straight from the Junction Point Studio website

Quote from: JunctionPointStudio.com
Boy, do we wish we could talk about what we're working on. Soon… Soon…

To quote Warren: "When we DO announce what we're doing, half the world's going to think we're crazy and half the world's going to think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread–how great is that?!"

1up has an article up on this game as well

*all pics in this post are a link*

It appears that the next Game Informer is gonna have more info on this game, and hopefully reveal a platform for it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 13, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
A surrealistically bizarre take on the usually bright Disney universe? Now that seems like a strange concept. I don't know if any Disney fanatics would be happy with a change like that but it might be a hit with the masses. As for me, I'll pass.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 14, 2009, 12:15:06 AM »
Some details about the game that might change your mind.

Warren Spector was noted to have said that he was working with Disney on a game, it was his dream game, the game he's always wanted to make.

It supposedly a platformer & potential "Mario Killer".

You draw & paint to return the world to normal.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:16:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 14, 2009, 12:20:23 AM »
You draw & paint to return the world to normal.
That's interesting. The one idea I've ever had for a videogame involved a colourful happy-go-lucky world which was taken over by filth and darkness, and the hero sets out to clean it all up. I guess I shouldn't write it off so prematurely, but I have trouble getting into games with drab art styles. They tend to make me depressed.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 14, 2009, 12:27:21 AM »
1st Details on Epic Mickey from CVG

We've since been told that it's a Wii-exclusive where you paint your way through levels using the Wii Remote. This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go. Capcom's Okami immediately springs to mind but we've not got enough info to go on to make any kind of informed judgement.

As for the story, we've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey, presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune. We Googled 'early Disney characters' and found that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit returned a lot of hits. A bit before even CVG's time all that though.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 14, 2009, 11:39:20 AM »
Go play WiiSports Resort. Consider yourself uninformed on the subject until you do so.

Then go play Zack & Wiki and tell me ho a little M+ wouldn't improve that game, then apply everything you just learned to the next Zelda.

Did you just call her a ho? Wow I can't believe the mods approved that.

And don't call me "Mop it".

Yes ma'am!

Pfft, yet BnM lets you call him "Blacky" and she gives you guff for that? Please.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 14, 2009, 02:30:15 PM »
Actually I was gonna say something about the "nicknames" but I got distracted by something else.

BNM, BNM2k1, BlackNMild or BlackNMild2k1 are all acceptable. Blacky is not. it almost sounds offensive.
And it was the name of my 1st goldfish when I was young. it was all black.

As far as the typo, LOL, I didn't even notice it. and since you already quoted it, there is no point in fixing it now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:07:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 14, 2009, 03:05:46 PM »
We know that Factor 5 was working on some Wii titles before they closed shop and relocated around the corner under a new name. We re also pretty sure that the only thing they are still working on are 2 Wii games, one of which we are sure is being published by Nintendo and the other one is rumored to be published by Lucas Arts. Here is a little glimpse of what was being worked on.

http://www.reillygames.com/games.htm
Quote from: resume
Factor 5 was my most recent place of employment where I was brought on as a Jr. Game Designer. I was working on an unannounced casual title for the Nintendo Wii.

My main duties were to implement missions based on the activities outlined in the design doc. Most of what I did was to create fun missions/activities using object placement. We had "design kits" which were essentially just a group of assets that were made to function with certain mission types. How they were placed throughout the environment determined the experience given to the player. For example, if a mission was to destroy a number of targets I would vary the mission by changing the number, type, and placement of the targets. The missions were designed to be played in 5-15 minute increments and players had a wide variety of activities to choose from.

I loved working on this project because it taught me a lot about designing for casual players as opposed to my previous experience designing for the hardcore players.

Now that sounds alot like Pilot Wings to me.

http://drewlanglois.com/resume.html
SHIPPED TITLES

-Title Classified- March 2008 to Dec 2008
Developer: Factor 5
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Publisher: Classified
Lead Systems Designer on a casual title for the Wii.

-Title Classified- Aug 2007 to March 2008
Developer: Factor 5
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Publisher: Classified
Lead Designer on a 3rd person shooter featuring ground and arial combat.

More Pilot Wings and some more Rogue Squadron?

http://ryanbond.net/resume/
Associate Producer, Engine Tech / Tools / Tech-Art / Build Engineering / Production Test: FACTOR 5, INC.
LAIR(PS3)
UNANNOUNCED WII TITLE 1
UNANNOUNCED MOVIE TIE-IN (PS3, 360, WII) <----- Superman(cancelled)
UNANNOUNCED WII TITLE 2
UNANNOUNCED LICENSED TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE (WINPC).

If my memory serves me correctly, it was back in 2007 that F5 mentioned porting over RS3 to Wii for testing purposes and then in early 2008 they also bragged about how their Wii engine "could do everything the PS3 engine could do... and then some".  Sounds like they were confident in what ever Wii game(s) they were(are) working on.

And if you take Achim Moller's word, both of these Wii games are still supposed to ship this year:
Multiple unannounced Wii-Titles (2009)

Quote from: RSWii?
A 3rd person shooter for the Nintendo Wii featuring seamless ground and aerial combat.

Lead a cross-disciplinary team of artists, designers and programmers in the creation of a playable prototype. Major design work included player camera and controls.

Quote from:  Pilotwings or Flight Game?
A highly accessible game for the Nintendo Wii focusing on many of the features unique to the Wii and Factor 5's strengths.

None of this confirms anything ofcourse (duh... rumor thread), but lets hope that both of these get announced soon especially if they are planning on releasing them this year.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: September 14, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »
Sorry BlackNMild, i've been discussing the Pirate Black Beard allot lately and just been calling him ol blacky. Then when I see your name I just do the same, I guess that is bad, wont happen again.

I'd love to see some flying mechanics with the M+. But if these games have been in development since 07 does that mean M+ wont be included? or is there always time to add such a thing?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1486 on: September 14, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »
Probably go out of business first.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 14, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »
Well if Red Steel 2 did, then they can do it for sure.

And I thought Blacky was hilarious; kinda like KY is for me.

BTW, good **** Blacky (hehe), your really the only one that updates this thread.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 14, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »
It's all good Caterkiller, I know you didn't mean anything by it, that's why I didn't necessarily make a point of it and was easily distracted away from pointing it out. I only remembered because EC mentioned it.

Pro
If Nintendo is publishing the game, then you can bet that they will have atleast enough money to keep the Pilotwings team going. Same goes for Lucas Arts and the Rogue Squadron team. Both Publishers have deep pockets and own the IP. They've probably already invested so much into either game that they would rather invest a little more to see it released and take a chance at recouping investment before they just let it go and write it off as a loss.

Factor 5 has really botched this whole generation. Why didn't they license out Wii tools to low effort developers? that seemed like the easy money route to take.

BTW, good **** Blacky (hehe), your really the only one that updates this thread.

I'm just one of the last forum member that give the staff news stories to report(uncredited).
they made the most of them staff already.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:51:35 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 14, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »
Hey I pointed it out cuz i thought it was funny, Blacky, I didn't really think anyone would take offense. Besidies, Caterkiller is half- blacky, half-whitey so cut him some slack :P

I really wish F5 was working on Star Fox instead of Pilot wings.. but thats just me.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 14, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »
It could be StarFox, all that is known is that it is a flying game, but would you consider StarFox casual?

As far as the name Blacky, I just don't like it. Never said I was offended, just that it almost sounds offensive.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 14, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »
I'm offended by the term whitey.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 14, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
He could have been cleverly describing a Wii Fish game.  Targets = fish, destroy = hook.  Placement would indeed matter, as well as number, type, and weight.

Is there a rumor about a serious Wii Fish game?  I'm shocked we haven't seen much since the beginning, when the Wii was fresh and new.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »
I wouldn't want Factor 5 to touch Starfox. Pilotwings is definitely the better choice. They can't possibly **** that up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 14, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »
I would've thought that SEGA would have a Bass Fishing Tournament+ or something on the way, but I haven't heard or seen anything anywhere about it. Perfect chance for a wiimote snap on attachment with a crank on the side that holds the nunchuck to simulate a fishing rod.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 14, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »
It could be StarFox, all that is known is that it is a flying game, but would you consider StarFox casual?

As far as the name Blacky, I just don't like it. Never said I was offended, just that it almost sounds offensive.

No i wouldnt consider StarFox casual, which is why I used the word "wish" considering outta the possible nintendo IP's that they could be working on, Pilot Wings makes the most sense as a "casual" title.

I'm still dicking around with the whole Blacky thing, we should just drop it now.

I'm offended by the term whitey.

You hush.

I wouldn't want Factor 5 to touch Starfox. Pilotwings is definitely the better choice. They can't possibly **** that up.

I suppose youre right, but recently I've had an itch for some Starfox damn you Krystal!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 14, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »

I suppose youre right, but recently I've had an itch for some Starfox damn you Krystal!

Furry? with a lice problem?
I'm sure they have a powder to fix that "itch" for you.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 14, 2009, 04:45:30 PM »
Don't get me wrong; I'd love a new Starfox. I'd rebuy a Wii to play it.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 14, 2009, 04:45:53 PM »

Furry? with a lice problem?
I'm sure they have a powder to fix that "itch" for you.

Furry, no surprisingly she had every very neatly trimmed :P

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 14, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »
I blame the "The Magnificent BlackNMild & the E.S.P Triforce" for every devolved topic on this forum.

C'est la vie