Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167932 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1325 on: April 04, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »
I personally would like the Wii to keep the TP styles and then let the Celda stay on the DS front. that way we can get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the numbers Mop it up.

I agree. I personally enjoyed both styles, especially since both are able to bring life and personality into the characters.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1326 on: April 04, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »
It might MysticGohan. I think a trailer would be shown and that would be it.
On a unrelated note welcome back.I joined the forums back in Jan 08.If I recall correctly you played Mafia.We got a dedicated forum to it.

Nintendo has made it clear that they no longer plan to announce games long before they come out (like how they announced Twilight Princess in like 2004). I don't expect the next Zelda game to be announced more than a year before they expect to release it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 04, 2009, 09:04:34 PM »
It might MysticGohan. I think a trailer would be shown and that would be it.
On a unrelated note welcome back.I joined the forums back in Jan 08.If I recall correctly you played Mafia.We got a dedicated forum to it.

Nintendo has made it clear that they no longer plan to announce games long before they come out (like how they announced Twilight Princess in like 2004). I don't expect the next Zelda game to be announced more than a year before they expect to release it.

So we hope to see an announcement at E3 because then that means it will be out soon!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 04, 2009, 10:11:14 PM »
While "Twilight Princess" was a smashing success across the world in Japan it only sold 500,000 copies
Just out of curiosity, where did you get that figure from? Wikipedia doesn't list sales information per region, so I don't know where to find that data from. I'd also like to know how many copies The Wind Waker sold in Japan.

Personally I'd like to see a Zelda style somewhere in between Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker, a sort of "realistic cartoon" I guess would be as best I could describe it. Kind of like the Zelda cartoon only without the "Well excuse me, princess!" campiness.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1329 on: April 04, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »
From Famitsu. As of of the end of 2007 (the game failed to crack the top 100 in 2008), the Wii version sold 546,093 copies in Japan.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 04, 2009, 10:33:46 PM »
I sincerely hope that Wii Fit Plus is an actual sequel and not just the same old Wii Fit with Wii Motion Plus support.

How did TP fared in US compared to WW? and either to OOT?
It's hard to say, but Wikipedia puts the worldwide sales as follows:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (7.6 million)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (3.07 million)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii version) (4.52 million)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN version) (1.32 million)

Looks like Twilight Princess sold almost twice as much as The Wind Waker worldwide, so I don't know if Nintendo would be willing to go back to that style.

Interesting numbers, So the combine numbers of both GCN and Wii versions of TP sold nearly the same amount as OOT.

I just would like to see how hard they can push the wii's graphical limit. Seeing that OOT broke the 64's and TP to GC. I'm assuming it would be in line that the wii is roughly 2-3x as powerful as GC.

Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 04, 2009, 11:15:10 PM »
Here are the VG Chartz numbers:

Ocarina: 7.6 M                       (Japan-1.46m      America-4.08m   Other-2.06m)
Twilight Princess Combined
 Version Sales 6.82 M             (Japan-640k             America-3.95          Other-2.23m)

Twilight Princess Wii: 5.26 M  (Japan-600k           America-2.82m   Other-1.84m)
Link to the Past: 4.61 M         (Japan-1.16m           America-2.46m   Other-990k)
Wind Waker: 4.55 M              (Japan-890k           America-2.58m   Other-1.08m)
Phantom Hourglass: 4.49 M   (Japan-950k           America-1.74m   Other-1.80m)
Majora's Mask: 3.36 M           (Japan-740k           America-1.89m   Other-730k)
Twilight Princess GC: 1.56 M   (Japan-40k           America-1.13m   Other-390k)

So TP was one of the worst selling versions, but not horribly worse. Both Celda games did much better over there though. Hourglass is also the closest any Zelda game has come to breaking 1 Million since Ocarina and Link to the Past. It's the highest handheld seller as well. Awakening was 3.83M, Awakening DX was 2.22 and Minish was 1.34.

I'm going to guess that the next Zelda on Wii will be a Celda game or an entirely new style we've yet to see. I think TP is going to be a one time thing.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1332 on: April 04, 2009, 11:28:05 PM »
Any numbers from VG Chartz should be taken with a grain of salt of coarse as they are not a reliable source.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 04, 2009, 11:31:12 PM »
They are older numbers and they tend to align them to fit the real ones once they get leaked or released to the public. Plus it was stated earlier that their numbers ten to be close enough to guess and compare.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 05, 2009, 01:12:41 AM »
Did anybody hear about the trouble Factor 5 was in and how they might be laying off everyone and shutting down?
Did anybody hear about how Factor 5 supposedly had to cancel all their projects except for two and had to let go of about half their staff which is about 35 people?
Did anybody hear that those two projects that are for Nintendo and that atleast one of them are a flying game?

Its been long rumored that one of the games is Pilot Wings, but what is the other one?

could the other one possibly be Star Fox? or another Rogue Squadron?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: April 05, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »
Did anybody hear about the trouble Factor 5 was in and how they might be laying off everyone and shutting down?
Did anybody hear about how Factor 5 supposedly had to cancel all their projects except for two and had to let go of about half their staff which is about 35 people?
Did anybody hear that those two projects that are for Nintendo and that atleast one of them are a flying game?

Its been long rumored that one of the games is Pilot Wings, but what is the other one?

could the other one possibly be Star Fox? or another Rogue Squadron?

Factor 5 are just about the only company who could save the Star Fox franchise at this point and Star Wars is tapped-out when it comes to flight sims, so that'd be my guess.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 05, 2009, 01:48:47 AM »
I know they disappeared and I have no clue what happened with them or if they are even in business anymore, but I was also secretly hoping that Nintendo rescued them on the down low and that they have been busy working on a major new game for Wii and that at E3 Nintendo would unveil both the game and that they rescued Factor 5 and made them a second party.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 05, 2009, 02:18:19 AM »
I forget where I heard it, but the rumor is that Nintendo is bankrolling Factor 5 right now and that they have two project deep in development for them right now.

Factor 5 had a falling out with Sony after Lair and that hurt them really bad financially. Rumor was that they were gonna lay everyone off and close up shop, but from what I last heard, they were just laying off everyone that couldn't be assimilated into the ongoing Nintendo projects(roughly 35 people).

The Pilotwings rumor has been going on forever, so there is no need to go into any detail about that.

But the rumor right now is that Factor 5 is working on two games and they are both for Nintendo.
One of the rumored games is believed to be a flying game, and nothing is really known about the second.

What has also been rumored is that Factor 5 has already successfully ported RS3 onto the Wii, so we know they have a working Wii engine to play with. - if they really needed money that bad, why didn't they release the port of Rogue Squadron 3? New Play Control anyone? -

But if Nintendo is foting the bill, I'm pretty sure we can rule out another Rogue Squadron cause that belongs to Lucas Arts. So if Pilot wings is that 1st rumored flying game, what could theother possibly be?

I am personally hoping its a Star Fox(over seen by Miyamoto) & not a Kid Icarus or anything involving humanoid characters that are not flying in a ship of some sort preferably in space .

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 05, 2009, 02:58:15 AM »
Sup Guys, heh, what's up? Heya BnM, any tibits on Zelda Wii?

Stop talking to yourself.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 05, 2009, 03:30:17 AM »
Couldn't Gmbh and GmbH mean the same things?

What I mean is that GmbH has its capitalization because of its meaning (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung) which would be lost on someone from another country and thus he'd be less likely to capitalize it properly. In Germany the acronym is common enough that everyone should know how to write it properly.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 05, 2009, 03:38:12 AM »
Couldn't Gmbh and GmbH mean the same things?

What I mean is that GmbH has its capitalization because of its meaning (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung) which would be lost on someone from another country and thus he'd be less likely to capitalize it properly. In Germany the acronym is common enough that everyone should know how to write it properly.

Hmm, so then that could prove this is a fake then, correct? It would be like someone in America to write UsA or USoA instead of USA?
My Game Collection

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 05, 2009, 04:32:22 AM »
Sup Guys, heh, what's up? Heya BnM, any tibits on Zelda Wii?

Stop talking to yourself.

Can't be talking to myself when another addresses :p Besides I usually don't talk back, glad you missed me too IceCold ;)

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 05, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »
But the rumor right now is that Factor 5 is working on two games and they are both for Nintendo.
One of the rumored games is believed to be a flying game, and nothing is really known about the second.
Maybe that flying game they mentioned is Star Fox. Or maybe it's Wii Flight Simulator, possibly taking a page from Microsoft's old success with the Windows Flight Simulator. Just calling it a "flying game" is pretty vague so there are still quite a few possibilities as to what it is.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1343 on: April 05, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »
WING ISLAND
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 05, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »
I'm calling it now: it's Wii Fly.  You use the Wiimote like a Flight Stick to fly over a variety of locations with no goal, challenge, or any reason whatsoever to play the game.  It's impossible to lose, as you cannot crash your plane no matter how hard you try.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1345 on: April 05, 2009, 07:13:56 PM »
If the world was made of rubber, it'd present some interesting physics opportunities.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 06, 2009, 02:38:06 AM »
I'm calling it now: it's Wii Fly.  You use the Wiimote like a Flight Stick to fly over a variety of locations with no goal, challenge, or any reason whatsoever to play the game.  It's impossible to lose, as you cannot crash your plane no matter how hard you try.

AKA MS Flight Simulator with an invincibility cheat. You know what's even more pointless? Microsoft Train Simulator. And yes, people actually buy that.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 07, 2009, 03:57:50 AM »
All the trains run on time.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 07, 2009, 10:41:05 AM »
There will be order!!!

Hiya Mystic! Long time no postie.

The new Zelda game is a train simulator? That's wierd.

Hope the Factor 5 rumors are true.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 07, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »
There will be order!!!

Hiya Mystic! Long time no postie.

The new Zelda game is a train simulator? That's wierd.

Hope the Factor 5 rumors are true.

Sup triez, lWhat's a shaken?