Author Topic: FIFA 12 3DS Only Features Local Multiplayer  (Read 1325 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
FIFA 12 3DS Only Features Local Multiplayer
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:18:48 AM »

Despite previous reports, FIFA's 3DS debut won't have online.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26338

FIFA 12 on 3DS will only have local multiplayer, contrary to the game's announcement press release, which said it would have "head-to-head online matches using Nintendo Wi-Fi connection."

Producer Matt Prior said in a forthcoming Nintendo World Report interview that "Currently, we only have local head-to-head play, but server-based online is certainly something we would be looking at in the future."

FIFA 12 will also not make use of StreetPass, SpotPass, or the majority of 3DS-exclusive features. Prior is optimistic that future iterations of the game will use the features, though.

Developed by EA Canada, the game will feature more than 500 licensed clubs, and a variety of modes including 3D Street Soccer and Be A Pro. It is set for a fall 2011 release.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Re: FIFA 12 3DS Only Features Local Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »
This seems kind of inexcusable to me, especially considering how fully featured SSFIV 3D (a launch game) was. It's hard for me to justify buying this when I know that future versions will have a feature that is fairly critical to the FIFA experience (not to mention that I would probably rather play the game on a console anyway). Maybe next year, EA.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:35:48 AM »
They wouldn't get away with this baloney on the NGP.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »
They wouldn't get away with this baloney on the NGP.
I know.  The Neo Geo Pocket wouldn't stand for it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 12:23:23 PM »
Let me guess, it's also not in 3D, does not use the touch screen and requires a PSP to play.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
Let me guess, it's also not in 3D, does not use the touch screen and requires a Portable Optical Media to play.
More marketing correct :D
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.