Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 495814 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #775 on: January 14, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
Damn. I knew I probably shouldn't have bought at 93 but I'm so rarely awake on Sunday mornings that I figured I had to take the opportunity.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 14, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »
my turnip prices are pretty bad too, only around 90 i think. I'll only have gates open for another 15-20 minutes.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 14, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
108 bells
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 14, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »
Ok, it's time for more of "SB's Cautionary Tales of Woe", following up after my "experience" with Serena (whom I still want to murder for being such a heinous bitch)...

I got my town to "Perfect" status last night, but in order to do this, you'll NEED to follow this guide here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/933195/54906

Bottom line, remember the GC version of AC and the "acre" system where all parts of the town were plotted on a grid which you could reference by acre A1, D4, etc.?

Although we don't have the grid, the acres are STILL THERE! And to make matters worse, the game is judging you on how well you've planted your trees via acre, despite the fact THAT YOU HAVE NO FRIGGIN' CLUE WHERE THE ACRE BOUNDARIES ARE!!!

And that's not the worst of it: since the game wants you to have 12-16 trees per acre, Pelly/Phyllis will tell you what the problem is with the most pressing acre at the time. In other words, if one acre has 9 trees and another has 20, she'll tell you that there "Are too many trees in some areas." giving you abso-fucking-lutely no idea where the trees actually need culling. You can go out and thin some areas which look too dense, but density doesn't matter: it's purely based upon the number of trees per acre (provided you can run a full circle around every tree). Then, after you've cut some trees down, she'll tell you that there aren't enough trees in some areas because now the acre with 9 has become the more "pressing" issue.

This is like someone asking you to scratch their back but they won't tell you where it itches and will yell at you for scratching anywhere BUT where it itches.

So the bottom line is that you could try to get a perfect town for months of random cutting and replanting and still never actually achieve perfect town status because the game uses a piss-poor system of alerting you to the source of the problem.

I find it rather ironic that the map system has been refined so they could use it to show us certain specific areas, like where to put a new bridge or show us which houses we could live in, yet no one on the team thought to use that same system to show players WHERE the goddamn town needs more trees or fewer trees.

So again, if you plan to go for perfect town status, use that guide. You're pretty much fucked if you don't.

I haven't gone for a perfect town yet, I have been forever getting the so-so message. 

This might be helpful.  http://accf.wikispaces.com/Perfect+Town it says that you don't have to have every acre perfect to have a perfect town. 
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 14, 2009, 07:16:11 PM »
Me and Pap successfully reunited a lost Cat-Kitten mother-daughter pair.

Has anyone else had A) A crying kitten telling you that their mom was in [friend's town] or B) A cat with a spatula asking where her daughter went?

I did and Maxi never was on to reunite them. Finally the kitten vanished, I think she must have jumped into the river out of sadness, so I hope you are happy Maxi.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 14, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
My gates are open now, and I've got some new designs I've been working on that I want to show off. Anybody on right now?

i'll try to visit asap
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #781 on: January 14, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »

Has anyone else had A) A crying kitten telling you that their mom was in [friend's town] or B) A cat with a spatula asking where her daughter went?

I did and Maxi never was on to reunite them. Finally the kitten vanished, I think she must have jumped into the river out of sadness, so I hope you are happy Maxi.
I'm sorry.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 14, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »

I'm sorry.

You better be you kitten killer.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 14, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »
Armak i'm gonna hold off on going to your town cuz Nook is buying turnips for 158 BPT, so my gates are now open for anyone that wants to unload your... stalk ;)

edit: D'OH!

Error Code: 52232 "unable to connect to server" WTF?

Edit 2: kitty killer? is maxi masturbating again???
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #784 on: January 14, 2009, 11:31:44 PM »
It seems Nintendo WFC is having issues right now. Me, SB and Golden were playing when it disconnected all of a sudden. Now I can't log back in.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 14, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »
It seems Nintendo WFC is having issues right now. Me, SB and Golden were playing when it disconnected all of a sudden. Now I can't log back in.

Sad I lost all the stuff SB gave me and my fish :(

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 15, 2009, 12:16:25 AM »
I really wished i coulda played with all you guys. Too bad about the stupid server issues, you coulda come sold your turnips in my town. I made a pretty decent profit myself :)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 15, 2009, 12:31:17 AM »

Everything but the fish will be in the mail tomorrow. ;)

But I think that was actually my internet hiccuping, which it has NEVER done in the past. My laptop lost internet at the same time so I don't blame Wifi.

And that was a LOT of fun. I'm sure Pap will have some funny pics from that session.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 12:32:55 AM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 15, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »

Everything but the fish will be in the mail tomorrow. ;)

But I think that was actually my internet hiccuping, which it has NEVER done in the past. My laptop lost internet at the same time so I don't blame Wifi.

And that was a LOT of fun. I'm sure Pap will have some funny pics from that session.

Well its an odd coincidence that i couldn't connect to anything over wi-fi last night. Hopefully i'll be able to tonight and get a game going with some of you guys. I'm lookin at you GP!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 15, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
Maybe it was wifi as well, as Pap mentioned that he couldn't connect either.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #790 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18:44 AM »
I had a great morning in AC today!  I got a bunny balloon from the prize guy in the city, and I shot down a balloon in my town and got the coolest thing ever- a FIRE BLOCK from SMB.  You know, the spinning fire chain, and it even makes the music from the Bowser's castle levels.  Awesome.  I love this game.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #791 on: January 15, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »
Yeah, it seems both SB's connection and Nintendo WFC were having issues last night. But yeah, last night was a really fun session. We made fun of Hopper's breasts, exchanged outfits, had a fishing competitions and messed around in the house (right down to the hilarious bed pictures).

I would be game for tonight, but sadly I have to attend a funeral so I will be out all night :( .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #792 on: January 15, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
Do you guys try and plant money trees?  I have been but haven't been successful yet.

One thing I've heard conflicting reports on is how many times they will have "fruit"

Some places say you only get one set of three money bags, then the tree goes back to nothing.

Other places say it give bags as frequently as a normal fruit tree gives fruit.

Which is true?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #793 on: January 15, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
Do you guys try and plant money trees?  I have been but haven't been successful yet.

One thing I've heard conflicting reports on is how many times they will have "fruit"

Some places say you only get one set of three money bags, then the tree goes back to nothing.

Which is true?

Well, in the GC version they gave out money bags just once. Afterwards it became a normal tree.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #794 on: January 15, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »
To add on to what Pap said the sucess rate is determed by how much bells you plant.Put in 10,000=10% success rate.20,000=20% success rate. It goes up like that.The most you can get is 90,000 bells on one tree.So you should plant 80,000 bells to get a little profit.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #795 on: January 15, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »
Now that I see Maxi posting...

Maxi, I've yet to receive your New Year's Gift. I am afraid it might have gotten during connection (Pellis does say that there's the small chance the message doesn't arrive).

I won't be on tonight, but later in the week if you want you can give it to me personally.

Has anyone experienced this? I got DJunknown's sombrero 2 days after he personally mailed it in MY TOWN, so either mail gets lost in the game or it takes a ridiculously long time to get stuff via mail...like in real life -_-
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #796 on: January 15, 2009, 02:29:01 PM »
Hmm I'm not sure when I'll be on.Are you gonna be on on Sunday.If you don't recieve it by then I'll deliver it personally.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 15, 2009, 02:31:21 PM »

Which is true?

I didn't even know that feature was carried over from the GC version.. was it in WW too!?? How the hell do you do it, i thought since there were no golden dig spots that you couldnt do it... wow i'm retarded

Pap: sorry to hear about your loss

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 15, 2009, 02:44:51 PM »
I see SB's gate is open but it won't let me in his town... says that you've either disconnected already or have taken me off your friend roster, but whatever the case, I can't get in.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #799 on: January 15, 2009, 02:51:24 PM »
80k gives and 80% chance of paying back 90k.

So that means you are taking a 20% risk for only 12.5% profit.

If you did this 100 times, 80 times you would make 10 grand, for a total of 800 grand.

20 times you would lose 80 grand, for a total of 1.6 million.

On average, you'd be throwing away 800,000 bells per 100 on that strategy.

If that's how it works I've been wasting a ton of money. /sigh.

At 30 grand per, you'd make 60k, 30 out of 100 times, totalling 1.8 million.
You'd lose 30 grand 70 out of 100 times, totalling 2.1 million.

Total loss, 300k.  Not as bad as 80k per, but still a loss. 
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram