Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 495878 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #250 on: December 08, 2008, 01:05:55 PM »
I didn't get Wii Speak. I do need to get a keyboard. This was made clear when I visited SB's town (which is beautiful BTW and he was super nice) and it was so tedious typing with the Wiimote!

Beauty...one word I would never used to describe anything SB :p.

Does the game support normal USB keyboards or do you have to buy a Wi specific one?

I was thinking of getting both the keyboard and Wii Speak I either get to shy to talk over Wii Speak or my heavy accent gets in the way.

I have a keyboard and Wii Speak, I use a PS3 wireless logitech keyboard for the game (USB dongle). Pap, any USB keyboard is fine although pale has a PS2 specific USB keyboard that apparently doesn't work with the Wii. Logitech's Wireless Wii keyboard is just a small compact keyboard with a USB dongle  or to me logitech's PS3 keyboard except white with a Wii logo a few buttons removed and no mouse trackpad lol. I got mine when it was on sale for 24.99 (retail price 69.99!)   Logitech charges 49.99 for their Wii Wireless keyboard. 
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #251 on: December 08, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »
Did anyone confirm if USB hubs work with Wii?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 08, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »
I have some, what extras do you have?

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I can hopefully check later tonight.

I'm collecting tyres. If anyone could save me one when you accidentally fish one out of the ocean or whatever, i'll buy it for 10,000 bells.

You can have mine. Just PM me with a friend code, set foot in my town once and I can mail the bastards to you any time after that.

This was made clear when I visited SB's town (which is beautiful BTW and he was super nice) and it was so tedious typing with the Wiimote!

It was beautiful because it's August, but thanks anyway. And thanks for mailing me the peach: I've planted and watered it already. :) Our axe fight was fun!

Pap always has to kick me when I'm up. :(

And I think most USB keyboards will work, and I also expect that a USB hub will also work but I can't be sure.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #253 on: December 08, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »
That was a compliment, dude! :(

I've been watching a lot of CF videos and I like what I am seeing.

First off, this guy decorated his whole town NES murals:
http://www.wipido.com/video/zu8SZNqnGaPz

I asked him how he did it and he told me he uses all four players to create different patterns and display them at the same time.

He then did an online yard sale with his friends, complete with a neat layout and signs:
http://www.wipido.com/video/YF9wk5PhCWwk
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »

They do work, hell Rock Band 1/2 for Wii comes with a USB hub.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2008, 10:51:07 PM »
I am thinking about getting this. What are the differences between the GC game and the Wii game? I didn't play Wild World.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2008, 11:05:53 PM »
The jump from GC to Wii is obviously much bigger than DS to Wii...There's seriously too much to count, so what specifically would you like to know?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2008, 11:19:35 PM »
I have some, what extras do you have?

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I can hopefully check later tonight.

I'm collecting tyres. If anyone could save me one when you accidentally fish one out of the ocean or whatever, i'll buy it for 10,000 bells.

You can have mine. Just PM me with a friend code, set foot in my town once and I can mail the bastards to you any time after that.

This was made clear when I visited SB's town (which is beautiful BTW and he was super nice) and it was so tedious typing with the Wiimote!

It was beautiful because it's August, but thanks anyway. And thanks for mailing me the peach: I've planted and watered it already. :) Our axe fight was fun!

Pap always has to kick me when I'm up. :(

And I think most USB keyboards will work, and I also expect that a USB hub will also work but I can't be sure.

I loved your town in how the river split off. My town is so boring compared to yours in its landscape!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2008, 11:42:22 PM »
Um any new details that was in Wild World like that painting on the ground stuff. Any new animals that run a store or give you things much like Guliver. That sea fairing guy that washed ashore of your town. Is there an island in the Wii game? Is that ghost in the Wii game that helps get rid of the weeds?In the GC game you could get items from Nook by giving him codes.Is that the case in the Wii game?
Finally tell me about the city.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2008, 12:06:03 AM »
Um any new details that was in Wild World like that painting on the ground stuff. Any new animals that run a store or give you things much like Guliver. That sea fairing guy that washed ashore of your town. Is there an island in the Wii game? Is that ghost in the Wii game that helps get rid of the weeds?In the GC game you could get items from Nook by giving him codes.Is that the case in the Wii game?

These videos should get you started:
http://wiifolder.com/?p=132#comments
http://wiifolder.com/?p=133#comments
http://wiifolder.com/?p=134#comments

As for your questions...
- The codes in the original version was Nintendo's way of pseudo online interactivity without any connection. It was used so players could trade stuff without connecting online. With WW and CF being full-fledged online titles the codes are no longer needed.

- Still no word if the Ghost appears in CF. Since CF is based on WW, however, and he never made an appearance there its likely he got canned a long time ago.

- Gulliver doesn't wash up on shore anymore. He appears on a flying saucer. If you hit it with your slingshot it will explode and land on Earth. When that happens Gulliver will appear dressed as an astronaut. He will ask you to find the pieces of his spaceship and will give you a rare item if you do.

- No, there are no islands in the Wii version. The only handheld connectivity is the moving van option which transfer your catalogue data from the DS to the Wii.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:39 AM »

The instructions for  Wii Speak say you need a powered hub and not one that draws power off a usb port.  (I think I got that right)  Anyways, you need one with a power cord.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2008, 12:27:34 AM »

These videos should get you started:
http://wiifolder.com/?p=132#comments
http://wiifolder.com/?p=133#comments
http://wiifolder.com/?p=134#comments

As for your questions...
- The codes in the original version was Nintendo's way of pseudo online interactivity without any connection. It was used so players could trade stuff without connecting online. With WW and CF being full-fledged online titles the codes are no longer needed.

- Still no word if the Ghost appears in CF. Since CF is based on WW, however, and he never made an appearance there its likely he got canned a long time ago.

- Gulliver doesn't wash up on shore anymore. He appears on a flying saucer. If you hit it with your slingshot it will explode and land on Earth. When that happens Gulliver will appear dressed as an astronaut. He will ask you to find the pieces of his spaceship and will give you a rare item if you do.

- No, there are no islands in the Wii version. The only handheld connectivity is the moving van option which transfer your catalogue data from the DS to the Wii.

Ghost = Wisp?  Then yes, he's in here.  From what I have been reading the days he will show up (after Midnight) a empty genie-like lamp will be somewhere in your town to pick up and at night he will show up and you can get a wish.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2008, 12:51:45 AM »
One of my characters lost his key one night. Where do you look for it?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2008, 12:53:58 AM »

You need to fish it out of the river. It appears as a small fish shadow.

I loved your town in how the river split off. My town is so boring compared to yours in its landscape!

It makes sea fishing a pain because combing the beach involves walking ALL the way north and down again. I've donated the necessary money for another bridge so I hope to put it near the river delta.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2008, 12:56:51 AM »
Thanks for the help Pap64 and Nitsu.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »
Ghost = Wisp?  Then yes, he's in here.  From what I have been reading the days he will show up (after Midnight) a empty genie-like lamp will be somewhere in your town to pick up and at night he will show up and you can get a wish.

I actually saw him on the first day of play...I was walking around my town the afternoon I got it, just trying to get to know my village, and found the lamp on the ground, wondering what the hell it was...Then Wisp's voice popped up out of nowhere later on, giving me a jump... ='D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2008, 06:17:27 AM »

You have to fish for it.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »

The instructions for  Wii Speak say you need a powered hub and not one that draws power off a usb port.  (I think I got that right)  Anyways, you need one with a power cord.

The Rock Band 1/2 USB hubs comes with a powered hub.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »

Hmm... mine didn't. Which would probably explain why some instruments won't work if they're all plugged into the hub. I have to plug one into the Wii itself.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2008, 04:18:30 PM »

Hmm... mine didn't. Which would probably explain why some instruments won't work if they're all plugged into the hub. I have to plug one into the Wii itself.

Maybe you ignored the AC adapter or threw it out?

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
I think that would probably be a big thing to miss... :P I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't even think there's an outlet for it on the hub itself.

And Google image search has failed me!

Dang, now I'm gonna have to go rummage through my RB box when I get home...

Edit: In order to RERAIL THIS THREAD, I just wanted to add that it makes me mad you guys are all having fun with it. I don't want to want this game, so just start saying how much it sucks, ok?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:34:02 PM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
Pap, any USB keyboard is fine although pale has a PS2 specific USB keyboard that apparently doesn't work with the Wii.

Man is that a confusing statement. I really hope that it's a Playstation 2 specific USB keyboard and not a PS/2 specific USB keyboard. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »
Pap, any USB keyboard is fine although pale has a PS2 specific USB keyboard that apparently doesn't work with the Wii.

Man is that a confusing statement. I really hope that it's a Playstation 2 specific USB keyboard and not a PS/2 specific USB keyboard. :P

Yes I meant a Playstation 2 specific keyboard.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2008, 07:20:55 PM »
Edit: In order to RERAIL THIS THREAD, I just wanted to add that it makes me mad you guys are all having fun with it. I don't want to want this game, so just start saying how much it sucks, ok?

Ditto :(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
The game is great fun even though it isn't a huge step above WW. The community aspect is better, and I do enjoy the town quite a bit, it gives the world more depth. Not to mention the standard AC formula still holds up great.