Author Topic: After this gen, I'm jumping ship.  (Read 21230 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: After this gen, I'm jumping ship.
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »
I've pretty much always been happy with my Nintendo purchases. When the scenery and obstacles in Donkey Kong no longer make me smile I'll start to think twice. When I feel like Sakurai could care less about Smash anymore I might take a second look. When I can't use the same exact Pokemon anymore that I have trained for over 10 years I might feel fed up. When Miyamoto knocks out his wife in a elevator then I'll really not buy.

Stories in games are entertaining but I never ever hold them in the same regard as decent book or movie. Realistic and bloody games that use the voices of actual gangsters as some sort marketing hook make me laugh. 20 users online with voice chat would be something if nearly everyone didn't sound like they were reading Youtube comments. I like these things sometimes but I like colorful light hearted things most of the time.

Nintendo still makes Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Pokemon and Smash Bros. As long as the quality keeps up I am happy to stay a board. Now I'd love more 3rd party support and the standard features of the other consoles but that takes a back seat compared to what I am really after.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
Hello Caterkiller, may I take this seat? Looks like we're on the same boat.

I've been a Nintendo only guy ever since I was a kid, not counting the Game Gear that tricked me into thinking it was cooler than a Game Boy because COLOR! or the Sega Saturn my step father purchased because he either had to have the hottest new tech or was trying to win me over, but I hardly played those systems because what I had on my Nintendos was much better.

Yes there are times I've thought "man it sucks that I won't be able to get that game because it's not coming to Nintendo" but the number of times has been dwindling lately. In my soon to be middle-age I'm actually more content that my taste don't stretch too far beyond what Nintendo offers because I just don't have the time to play these games. The holiday season is just around the corner and I STILL haven't finished some Wii U launch games, and by the time the sales start rolling out I know I'll just have to pick up all those games I've missed so far (Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, etc) because I can't pass up on those deals. Great, now I'll start 2015 with an even bigger back log of games.

For anyone who honestly feels they need to jump ship, whats stopping you? Are you waiting for Smash to come and 'justify' your Wii U purchase, or is it the new Zelda? I ask because I'm under the impression that just maybe you don't really want to jump ship and you're just expressing frustration. If you're holding on to your Wii U for 1 or 2 games coming down the pipeline then you do have some hope in the system, you're having some fun with it, so why would you really want to jump ship? If you're just sick of waiting in between released, go out and get a new system now, or if you have a ps3/360 now, pick up games you haven't yet played. Go back further if you have to, track down a Gamecube or PS2 game you've never played, or GBA even. I've never played Metroid Fusion, for example, and I'm sure you have some classics you've never tried.

All I know, for me personally, there's not much out there on the current gen systems to warrant a purchase or even thoughts of abandoning nintendo all together, because despite all their flaws, they still put out excellent games. Honestly, there's not even much on PS3/360 that interest me enough to pick one of those up for cheap. Maybe in a few years when I can get the system under $100, I'll check them out, but until then there's plenty games I've been meaning to either finish or purchase for my Nintendo systems across all generations, console and handheld.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »
There was a retweet on my Twitter feed that went:

Gamers:  Why won't you port this WiiU exclusive game to X Platform so I can play it?
Speaker: Why not just buy a WiiU?
Gamers:  Because it has no games.
Speaker: *Face Palm*

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2014, 11:25:45 AM »
That reminds me of something I saw over on reddit; someone posted a screen shot of a tweet from one of the guys behind Bayonetta 2; he replied to some random guy who doesn't work in the industry but swears he knows how the industry works. It basically went like this:

Random tweeter: Hey so are you going to port Bayonetta 2 to other platforms because it won't sell well?
Bayo 2 guy: If it wasn't for Nintendo funding it, the game never would have happened, so its their call.
Random tweeter: But the wii u isn't selling, so no ones going to buy your game. When will you port it?
Bayo 2 guy: You're an idiot.

and proceeded to reply about how it's guaranteed to happen, citing that Rayman game as an example.

Who was it on Nintendos payroll that said gamers are insatiable? Because they are dead on. This guy clearly wants the game, but doesn't want to support it. I can understand the logic of "well I'm not going to buy a brand new system for just one game" but there are tons of people out there who have the same thought process as the ones Ceric and I are talking about. There's clearly interest in exclusives the Wii has to offer, but refuse to buy the system because "there are no games for it" yet own both ps3/360 or ps4/xbox one and when asked "why do you own both" it's never for their multi-platform releases, it's always "for the exclusives."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:27:57 AM by EasyCure »
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2014, 12:28:04 PM »
Or there's me, who is unsatisfied with almost all of their current offerings, who doesn't want to support their idiotic practices. I'm not stupid. I know that there are plenty of fantastic first-party, second-party, and hell, even a few third-party games for the Wii U/3DS. However, most of them don't interest me anymore and I'd rather support a console that is releasing games that I actually enjoy. I'm not trying to be smug or anything. Its just a matter of taste.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2014, 12:47:07 PM »
Who was it on Nintendos payroll that said gamers are insatiable? Because they are dead on.
It was none other than Reggie Fils-Aime himself, speaking with Kotaku. It got a lot of gaming press coverage at the time.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »

This.

I haven't played a handheld since the DSlite and only then for a month since I went back to Sudan to visit my family, which translates into giving everything but my boxers away. Cuz' love.

If you're frustrated with Nintendo for their lack of games or games that you don't enjoy, then by all means find what you do enjoy. That is life, after all.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:54:59 PM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2014, 02:09:58 PM »
What I heard was don't visit Sudan with anything you want to keep.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »
I had something I was going to say, but I decided to not post, since NWR has no posts.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 06:15:06 PM »
What I heard was don't visit Sudan with anything you want to keep.

Well that could be for a number of reasons and not just how shady the police are (and they are shady). It could be because your pristine technological **** simply can't handle the climate of Sudan. Sand is bound to get your electronics, in places you first deemed impossible. But for the most part, you're alright. Again cops can be a dick, but most of them are young and new to the whole extortion game, so play it cool and give them a little but not everything.

In my case, I travel with a carry on and two checked bags worth of **** that's not meant for me. Everything from toys and clothes, to shoes and electronics. I go back (or at least try to) every year. I'm like a pack mule. But I enjoy it...Because, you know, love.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 08:26:14 PM »
Who was it on Nintendos payroll that said gamers are insatiable? Because they are dead on.
It was none other than Reggie Fils-Aime himself, speaking with Kotaku. It got a lot of gaming press coverage at the time.

I thought so, but I didn't want to be wrong. It is very true though, and in very different aspects: the example I gave earlier was gamers being insatiable in the way that they want more video games but are unwilling to purchase a new system for it, just assuming that all games deserve to be handed to them on a platter, and then there are guys like me..

Who barely plays video games but keeps buying more anyway. PS4 and Xbox One do nothing for me, and I can wait for Arkham Knight. What am I looking forward to in the video game landscape? I never picked up House of the Dead: Overkill, I'll see if I can nab it for dirt cheap this holiday season. I haven't opened my copy of Pandora's Tower I bought.. a year ago? Now that I'm finally done with Xenoblade, maybe I"ll give that a shot. I'm also thinking of finally doing my Wii to Wii U transfer, and 'hacking' my wii to play imports so I can finally play the copy of Captain Rainbow I bought in Japan back in 2009.  Simply insatiable..

I had something I was going to say, but I decided to not post, since NWR has no posts.

I had something to rebuttal, but I decided not to rebuttal, since NWR has no rebuttals.

This.

Not feeling the new username. Yet..

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »
and then there are guys like me..

Who barely plays video games but keeps buying more anyway. PS4 and Xbox One do nothing for me, and I can wait for Arkham Knight. What am I looking forward to in the video game landscape? I never picked up House of the Dead: Overkill, I'll see if I can nab it for dirt cheap this holiday season. I haven't opened my copy of Pandora's Tower I bought.. a year ago? Now that I'm finally done with Xenoblade, maybe I"ll give that a shot. I'm also thinking of finally doing my Wii to Wii U transfer, and 'hacking' my wii to play imports so I can finally play the copy of Captain Rainbow I bought in Japan back in 2009.  Simply insatiable.
This is so close to my own situation and attitude. Welcome, Brother Video Game Enthusiast!
Simply Insatiable!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
That's pretty close to my situation as well. I still have Pandora's Tower shrink wrapped. I decided recently to slow down on video game purchases (even during sales) since I keep buying games and not completing them so I have plenty to play. For the rest of the year, I'm only planning on buying Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (I have a bunch of Best Buy Reward Zone points to pay for the 3DS version) and Bayonetta 2. I can probably hold off on Bayonetta 2.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »
Not feeling the new username. Yet..

Literally the first thing that came to mind. It's no DanteBlazin'theAmazingPersonofAfricanPersuasion, that's for sure.

After some thought, I should have gone with something damn near incomprehensible until you google it, like Ntchwaidumela.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »
I also haven't opened my copy of Pandora's Tower. Maybe we should start a club!

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2014, 10:17:37 PM »
IN one thread everyone is bitching there aren't enough games, in this thread everyone has too many games backed up to get around to playing them all. No wonder Nintendo can't market to their fans. If anyone at Nintendo is insane I think we drove them to it.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
It's almost like different people want different things out of Nintendo.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2014, 12:20:30 PM »
That's not true. ... That's IMPOSSIBLE!!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
I have an unopened copy of Pandora's Tower also!!! This is truly the place where I belong!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same person making every post on this forum. And that one person is probably S-U-P-E-R.

Seriously though, I don't understand it when certain people take the word of one or two people's posts as representing the entire forum, or worse, the entire Nintendo fanbase. People should be treated as individuals, not as a group.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2014, 04:53:26 PM »
The fact that there are only like nine regular users on these forums and even then there's basically nothing everyone here agrees on is all the evidence you need for how ludicrous it is to act like there's a solid, unified block of thousands and thousands of Nintendo fans.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2014, 05:14:03 PM »
I don't know. We all seem to agree that Pandora's Tower is a game you don't play but just display. Seems like consensus can be reached on important issues like that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »
I can join this Pandora's Tower parade. Still sealed. On the shelf displaying proudly.

Woe is me.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2014, 01:00:37 AM »
its not just this site, check out ANY news article about Nintendo and people say the same things. Notice how I am not people so I don't count in that assessment I am an individual and only my opinion is right you should know that by now.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
Sorry guys. My copy of Pandora's Tower is opened. But if it's any consolation I stopped playing after the first 2 hours so I guess I'm way ahead of you guys.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV