Author Topic: New Mega Man Titles Coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in August  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Daan

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile

Another month of Mega Man releases on the Wii U Virtual Console.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38209/new-mega-man-titles-coming-to-the-wii-u-virtual-console-in-august

Four additional classic Mega Man titles are scheduled to be released during the month of August, as announced by the the Capcom Unity blog this past week.

A new title will be added to the Wii U Virtual Console in North America every week in August. The titles included are Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6, Mega Man X3 and Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge. It has not been announced in which weeks we can expect a certain title.

Europe has a good chunk of these on their Virtual Console service as Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6 and Mega Man Battle Network were all released on July 24. There is currently no word if the remaining two games in the line up will also release there.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: New Mega Man Titles Coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in August
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:02:06 PM »
How can you have "new" games release on the virtual console if virtual console by it's very nature is made up of 10+ year old games.

Oh and capcom's gonna cancel another megaman game because of disappointing sales of Battle Chip Challenge. And another one on Tuesday because 'first Tuesday of every month we gotta cancel a mega man game, that's how we roll.'

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:44:31 AM »
I'm looking forward to X3. I already have MM5 & MM6 on my 3DS. I don't care at all about the Battle Network series.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »
X3! Finally! It's one of those games that seemed to be lost to history, due to the difficulty of emulating some of those late-era chips included in SNES carts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
I got X3 on the Gamecube collection they put out, but I may double dip for at least two reasons:

1. the control schemes will feel better, whether it's the gamepad or the pro controller

2. It's fucking Mega Man X3. I can play as mother fucking ZERO
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 05:48:22 PM »
No Mega Man 7 and instead Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge whatnot nonsense is disappointing.

And if you want to play as Zero, X4, X5, X6, X7, and X8 are better alternatives since you can keep playing as him even if you die.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)