Author Topic: Zelda Wind Waker - Dungeon Help  (Read 1635 times)

Offline mwilkerson2day

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda Wind Waker - Dungeon Help
« on: June 04, 2004, 06:16:31 AM »
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody has an easy tip that can help me. I'm still in the first real dungeon, I believe it's called Dragon  Roost or something. (The one with the dragon and his tail in the mountain) I am sooo  close to the end of this last level, but can't make a jump. It is after you use your hook to enter that creature's mouth. In the next room, you have to swing across with your hook, and then jump from one ledge to the other. I made it across by luck the first time in order to get the key to the dungeon master, but now I can't make it back?

Is there some secret to making this jump. I have tried for hours on this jump alone and I'm really losing interest in the game because of it..

Any suggestions?
thanks,
matt

RE:Zelda Wind Waker - Dungeon Help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 07:22:28 AM »
If you hold R, Link will stop swinging on the rope, and you can change the direction of the swing, or even move up and down on the rope.  After re-aligning, release R and start swinging again.  That got me befuddled the first time I played too.  
"Get yer stinkin hand off me ya damn dirty floormaster!"

--Me in the Earth Temple

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda Wind Waker - Dungeon Help
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 11:07:34 AM »
*Zelda topic already made*

But anyways, this is why you need to listen to everything you see in the game(remember the first Rope minigame?)  It's also in the instruction manual...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~