Author Topic: zelda wind waker - general question about gameplay...  (Read 2411 times)

Offline sledgmb

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
zelda wind waker - general question about gameplay...
« on: April 25, 2003, 01:12:10 PM »
hey all.  i bought the wind waker and gotta say i'm blown away with the visuals, sound, and overall presentation of the game.  i'm not too far into it however.  i'm to the point on the island of the bird people (mail deliverers) with the dragon on top.  the first thing i'm noticing about this game is that there is a TON of just dialog.  i find myself spending 70% of a gaming session just sitting there pressing "A" and letting the text scroll over the screen.  my question is does this ever let up any?  does the action ever pick up in this game?  it almost makes the game feel like just a plain old text RPG.  i'm getting a little worried that the rest of the game is like this.  can anyone shed some light on the rest of the game without spoiling anything for me?

thanks...  

Offline Ace of Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 01:43:26 PM »
70% in dialogue? most of the time is spent in dungeuons, sailing, or doing numerous deeds. I think the amount of dialogue is good because it gives the characters more feeling. And in my opinion, the game does pick up and gets better and better.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 02:12:48 PM »
Err, stop talking to the same people

Seriously, the dialog is pretty heavy at the beginning of the game because it has to set up the story for the rest of the game.  I personally really liked all the cut scenes and dialog in the game, and wished there was more of it!

But yeah.  Stop talking to the bird people and get in the dungeon.  Then you can really start exploring.

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 02:27:40 PM »
You cannot sail anywhere yet.  You still have not entered the first dungeon.  Wait a bit.    
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2003, 02:27:49 PM »
Well, you're just now getting to the first major dungeon, so I can see how you think that.  The majority of time you've been in the game has been in the towns.  In towns, there are people, and people talk.  Monsters don't talk.  You kill monsters.  By the way, I recommend you save the Tingle Tuner for your second time through the game.  Tingle does a lot of talking and unfortunately spoils some puzzles, but he is fun.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 02:43:06 PM »
What a coincidence.  I just rented the game this afternoon, and I just got to that island also.  Cool.  Sorry, that was just a random comment.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline sledgmb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 02:48:24 PM »
actually ninja x, i do have the boat and did have to sail over to this island where the bird people are.  but it soulds like from everbody that it will pick up here in a bit.  that's good to know b/c  i really am highly impressed with the visuals/sound/style of this game.  can't wait to really get into it.  thanx guys.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 05:35:50 PM »
In time, you'll make love to that game.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2003, 05:44:51 PM »
I tried, but the hole wasn't big enough.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean