Author Topic: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes on the way  (Read 142777 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes on the way
« Reply #625 on: July 27, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »
I'm entering the room now, Sypke.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #626 on: July 27, 2010, 09:50:48 PM »
I will be there in a minute, just finishing up some stuff in Platinum.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #627 on: July 27, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »
Sheesh, what the eff is going on with WFC? Start a trade request. I'm going to reset the system and come back in. Unfortunately, I may have to keep your Pokemon overnight 'cause we're leaving to go to dinner in like ten minutes.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #628 on: July 27, 2010, 10:01:04 PM »
Ugh, I don't know what the problem is. I will see if it's on my end, my broadband company just upgraded to 4G and sent me a new router, maybe that is it (although it hasn't affected my laptop or PS3 from getting online, or me using the GTS). Did you change something with your firewall or something? It's letting us see each other in the room, but I get the 86420 error when we try to trade.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #629 on: July 27, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
I've changed nothing since we successfully traded last. A quick search online has shown that a lot of people are having the same problems we are, and that it's generally blamed on Nintendo's servers being wonky.

EDIT: I got kicked off again. Goddamnit. We'll have to get a 3rd party involved, maybe Stratos. He might be willing to act as a middleman.

Stratos? You want to help some brothers out?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:04:15 PM by Halbred »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #630 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:30 PM »
I am glad it's not one of us, it sucks that we can't do any trades though. I doubt we will get it done tonight then.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 28, 2010, 12:00:29 AM »
How we want to pull it off? I just got off of work.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #632 on: July 28, 2010, 01:48:45 AM »
I mean, like, tomorrow.

Basically, Spyke would trade with you, then you'd trade with me, and you'd trade back to Spyke.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 28, 2010, 04:18:56 AM »
I'm working the next two nights. But I have Friday and Saturday off.
My Game Collection

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #634 on: July 28, 2010, 09:58:35 AM »
I know this is somewhat of an esoteric request, but does anyone have a non-cloned Dialga they would be willing to trade?

I'd like some assurance that it is a "legit" pokemon, as dumb as that sounds.

The only legendaries I need to get on my own technically, are Celebi and Dialga.  I'd like to use the Arceus event for Dialga, but I'm thinking I'd rather get that new form Giratina because I only have the other form.

Freaking legendaries.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #635 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
That's why I haven't traded my Giratina from Platinum to SoulSilver. You can't trade the Griseous Orb (which is needed to get its Origin Forme), and the only way to get the orb in HG/SS is through the Arceus event. I didn't have Platinum last year when they gave it out over Wi-Fi, so I hope they do it again. Same with Regigigas, if I had the special event Regigigas I could then use that to get the 3 Regis. I can understand wanting a legit legendary (although I would point out that cloned ones are legit), when I had Diamond I got a legedary that was hacked; I knew it was hacked because it's catch location was listed as someplace you couldn't catch it (I forget which one).

Hal and Stratos, both Friday and Saturday are good for me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 28, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
My sister has an event Regi. I could convince her to loan it to unlock the others. I don't know if she has the event Giratina.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #637 on: July 28, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
The event Giratina is pretty much the same as the regular one in this case since the orb can not be traded, the only one to get the Origin Forme in HG/SS is doing it yourself with the event. I would love it if you can convince her to let me temp borrow it. Once I get the three Regis, I can then take those three and catch the Regigigas in the game (these are in Platinum).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #638 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »
I also have multiple Regigas... one of them is the event... the other is from having the 3 regis in pearl.  I'd consider perma-trading my event one for something really cool. :)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #639 on: July 28, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
Pale, can we do a temporary trade for the 3 "normal" Regis? I just want their 'Dex entries, so we'd basically trade, then trade back.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #640 on: July 28, 2010, 02:11:49 PM »
Yeah sure. Maybe tomorrow evening? You have to trade me something for reals though too. Cause I'm weird like that. I have a Pikachu with Surf if you want it. Got anything fun in exchange?
---------------------

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #641 on: July 28, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »
I also have multiple Regigas... one of them is the event... the other is from having the 3 regis in pearl.  I'd consider perma-trading my event one for something really cool. :)

I am not sure what you would consider cool. I won't perma-trade any of my legendaries since I only have one of each. I guess I have shiny Rapidash, if there is something specific you want I could see if I have it.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #642 on: July 28, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
Yeah sure. Maybe tomorrow evening? You have to trade me something for reals though too. Cause I'm weird like that. I have a Pikachu with Surf if you want it. Got anything fun in exchange?

Uh...off the top of my head, a Magikarp with Bounce, a Flying Pikachu, and a Shining Ponyta.

I guess I could use the Surfing Pikachu, but I've got a Pokewalker for that. ;-)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #643 on: July 28, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »
I love shinies if you are willing to part with them!
---------------------

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #644 on: July 28, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
Sure, I don't use 'em.

So, tomorrow night. What's your friend code? My HG code is in the HG code thread (too lazy to find it now). I'll trade you three whatever Pokemon for the Regis, then we'll trade back, then I'll trade you the Shining Ponyta for the Surfing Pikachu for keepsies?

We'll see if you and I have th same connection problems that Sypke and I keep having.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #645 on: July 29, 2010, 10:59:09 AM »
Shoot, forgot to grab my friend code last night. What time do you want to do this tonight?
---------------------

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #646 on: July 29, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »
Between 5:30 and 6 Zachlaska time?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #647 on: July 29, 2010, 02:01:20 PM »
Is that 5 hours from Eastern Time? So like that would be 10:30 and 11 for me?

I'll try and make that happen but no guarantees.
---------------------

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #648 on: July 29, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »
Bah. Let's do it on a weekend when I can get online sooner.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #649 on: July 29, 2010, 05:09:32 PM »
Is that 5 hours from Eastern Time? So like that would be 10:30 and 11 for me?

I'll try and make that happen but no guarantees.

4 hours, so 5:30 PM for Hal would be 9:30 PM for those of use on the east coast/