Author Topic: Nintendo World Report Poll  (Read 20898 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Nintendo World Report Poll
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »
In order to make NWR the best site we can be we need your feedback.  It would really help if you could answer a few questions for us.  I ask you provide as much detail as you can when you answer them.

1. What do you like about NWR?

2. What do you dislike about NWR?

3. What would you like to see more of on NWR?

4. Do you think there's anything we do too much of?  If yes, what?

5. Why do you visit NWR?

6. Is NWR your first choice for Nintendo news? Reviews? Preview coverage?

7. Do you like the front page design?

8. Are there any more comments you have about Nintendo World Report in general?

Thank you so much.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo World Report Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 03:31:19 PM »

- The forums for obvious reasons =)

- Lack of personality. It's been said before but the Planet Gamecube days seemed to be a much more unique web-going experience.

- Staff interaction with it's viewer base.

4. Do you think there's anything we do too much of? If yes, what?

- Nothing comes to mind.

5. Why do you visit NWR?

- The forums

- No for news. Yes for reviews. No for preview coverage.

- It's ok but nothing phenominal. I am a fan of clean and neat designs but the main problem with the NWR home page is there is absolutely no design hierarchy. It's extremely problematic that the next thing your eye goes to (or the first) are the flash advertisements on the top or side of the page.

Advertisements shouldn't be overpowering the design or being the viewers focal point (as much as the ad agencies want that to be the case).

I think a redesign may be in order.

Mario Bros DVD ::glare:: :P

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo World Report Poll
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:44:01 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply.  
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 05:00:33 PM »
As for the reader-staff interaction, I know I always make a point to keep up with you guys.

And if it's personality you're craving, start listening to Radio Free Nintendo.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »
If you really interacted with us you would already know I listen to RFN

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »

>The Forums

>The lack of "community".  I rarely talk to anyone from here outside the forums just because there's no reason to.

>More community events.  What happened to the Newer Waffle?

4. Do you think there's anything we do too much of? If yes, what?

>Web based advertisements?

5. Why do you visit NWR?

>Forums.

>Yes, but I generally don't "Search" for news. Reviews - I guess, although I don't look for reviews. Previews? Same thing.

>It's nice, but too much advertisement and it doesn't go well when mobile browsing.

>Where the heck is the new forum software?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 05:36:56 PM »
For those wondering, Newer Waffle is the NWRWFL, short for the Nintendo World Report Wi-Fi League.  Yeah, we really need to get that off the ground.

I'll answer these questions when I'm good and ready.  Which isn't right now, and will be later this week or until I forget.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
>Where the heck is the new forum software?

I believe the expression "back to square one" is where its at.

With SUPER on hiatus and myself working on other projects, this really hasn't moved far.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:42:29 PM »

The forums, the people.

The disconnect between the forums and the rest of the site.

Round Table discussion transcripts, Editorial comments from the staff on news stories, Editorials in general, No-number-secondary-reviews, Showcasing of NWR personalities.

Play it safe in your news coverage

5. Why do you visit NWR?

To type at people, discuss games, disagree with Ian, laugh at Pro666, argue with Golden Phoenix.

News? I check GoNintendo first
Reviews? I don't read NWR reviews anymore because Jonny doesn't want me to.
Preview Coverage? Yes, I always enjoy the hands-on impressions.

Not really, it's not technically bad as far as layout goes, but it is oh so sterile.

I like it, and I want to see it grow along with NIntendo's marketshare.

Thank you so much.

You're welcome

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Crimm
In order to make NWR the best site we can be we need your feedback.  It would really help if you could answer a few questions for us.  I ask you provide as much detail as you can when you answer them.

5. Why do you visit NWR?

Thank you so much.

I'm too lazy to quote each section, so let me just go 1-8!

1. What do I like about NWR? It has a great gaming community that manages to be educated fanbois (and yes I call myself that too), making for some interesting discussions. Also I enjoy reading the reviews and previews.

2. Definitely Kairon, Mashiro, and ShyGuy they are all super mean to me . In addition to that I don't care much for the news section of the site, most of the time it is late. Also lack of staff interaction besides a select few. From what I hear the staff posts frequently on another board, and it shows a lack of respect for the community here to be blunt.

3. Definitely more staffers getting involved with discussions and if possible try to keep up on the news which I feel is the site's weakest point.

4. Too much of? Hmmm, really nothing crosses mine, if anything most things fall under "Do too little of".

5. Why do I visit? Well I just love the community, and while debates can get heated, they are usually stimulating and I don't need to worry about taking things personally because it is over games, which in the grand scheme of things isn't that important. Also I enjoy the friendships I've made here.

6. Have to say no to all those, but with that said I always check out the reviews and previews, even if I put more trust in other sites for those. What I like most though is that you can ask the staff questions, and if they are one of those people who interacts with us we can have our questions answered directly about games, which is especially important with previews.

7. Ehhe, it is ok. Could use a bit more color.

8. Just continue to work on getting the news section up to date, and perhaps try to make some more contacts in the gaming industry.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 02:09:00 AM »

Originally posted by: Crimm

5. Why do you visit NWR?

Thank you so much.

1. The forums and the staff
2. The news and exclusive features on the site seem to be really lacking.
3. More podcasting type stuff, better news coverage (which you seem to be covering with the hirings)
4. N/A
5. Reviews, and Forums
6. Not first choice for news, first for reviews and the previews/impressions are more meaningful to me than on other sites.
7. The design has grown on me since it was rolled out, but I'm still not blown away.
8. Keep up the weekly podcasts, they rock. The forums are great, don't change them. Try involving the strong community more in the production of the site.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 03:19:57 AM »
Oh, ILLEGAL FORUM POLL!!!!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 03:22:30 AM »
1. The forums
2. Lack of pictures in most news articles
3. Site news exclusives
4. Press releases to "regular" news ratio
5. Forums
6. First choice for news via the forums. Previews also tend to be the best on the main site around.
7. Yes
8. Not really
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 04:25:49 AM »
Uncle Bob beat me to it.  

1. The people on the forums.  I hesitate to say "The forums" because the forums themselves aren't so hot, but the people here make it great.  I also like your ambition.  It's clear that you guys take this seriously and want to be taken seriously.

2. The lackluster forum software, the main page layout (more on that later), the ads so annoying I have to block most of them, and the way you post press releases.  (You think you're doing us a service by giving us the raw news, but you should really be doing us the service of stripping out the marketing babble to give us the meat of the release.  You can still post it in full right below your take on it for anyone who cares.)  Oh, and I, too, think the site lost its personality in the shift from PGC to NWR.  Speaking of which, the name Nintendo World Report isn't very good.  It's too long even when abbreviated (depending on your accent, the abbreviation NWR only saves one syllable over the full name; granted, that was true of PGC, too, but that was at least short), but I'm sure that's not going to change.

3. More timely reviews would be nice, but I know that's out of your hands.  Second opinions would be nice.  They don't have to be full reviews.  Don't let the fact that you have a podcast on which to express your opinions keep you from writing your opinions in editorials or comments.  Not all of us listen to podcasts, and the more you retreat into them, the more barren the site becomes to us.

4. I'll think of something later, probably.

5. I come here to read what news and reviews you've posted, and then dive into the forums to enjoy the crazy cast of characters and news you won't post for three more days.

6. For news, yes, but I get most of it in the forums before it hits the front page.  For reviews, mostly.  I give NWR reviews a bit more weight because I have a better feel for what most of you like, although I typically go to gamerankings.com to get a broad idea, then choose a couple of reviews to read from there (often a low and a high to see what people gripe about and what they gush about).  For previews, definitely, although I don't really seek them out most of the time, so I read yours because I'm already here.

7. The front page design is too understated and sterile.  Get an artist, and have a logo designed.  Two different colors of text is not a logo.  Everything kind of blends together because of the lack of boundaries.  If you want to go with the Wii theme, look at how Nintendo designed the Wii menu.  There are clear boundaries, even if everything does look white and sterile.  You could use the channel idea for your links to different sections, or perhaps the translucent button look.  Honestly, though, I really feel like you should be creative with your serious intent.  I picture a layout that looks either like a newspaper front page or a TV news show.  I think I like the TV one better (it makes me think of a logo with part of a wire frame globe and the name appearing in orbit above it, kind of like Universal's logo).  Also, if you're going to keep that flash thing for your top stories, it should really rotate through all of them instead of randomly picking three to show, preferably with scroll buttons.

8. I wouldn't complain if I didn't like it here.  Keep up the good work.

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 07:57:15 AM »
1. I like the reviews, design (overall), and screenshots. Decent news aggregator.

2. The design is a bit stale, and as mentioned in a thread before there is a lack of personality since BillyB left.

3. More editorials, roundtables, interviews, and podcasts (they don't have to be long. Even a 10 minute, 1-person podcast is cool.)

4. n/a

5. Why visit: Forums, VC recommendations, and to get yelled at for wanting more than 4 desirable AAA hardcore games a year

6. Not really first for anything, except possibly impressions. News, reviews, etc. are usually up a lot sooner elsewhere.

7. Front page design: See #2. It's a little stale. Looks a bit too much like a WordPress blog. We gave many ideas to help that in an old thread that was started right after the re-launch. Also, ads are overpowering (but I have them disabled.)

8. More comments: Put this poll on the front page? You're gonna get a bit of a slanted/limited skew of opinions. It sounds like there is (or was) some other forum software in the works? But I'd rather see news items get dumped into their respective forums where they'll likely get more action, rather then segregated in Talkback.  
"wow."

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 08:07:15 AM »
1. What do you like about NWR?  The reviews, editorials, previews, and special features are generally well-written.  VC Mondays are a personal favorite.

2. What do you dislike about NWR?  Not enough staff interaction.  The vast majority of the staff are either completely absent from the forums or hit-and-miss.  I can name a half dozen of the staff members and the rest are completely anonymous in my mind.  People like Evan will show up and post a lot for a week and then completely disappear for a couple months.  Most of the staff that do post in the forums tend to stick with Talkback and rarely contribute to discussions going on in other forums.  I also don't like that previews and impressions are treated as two separate entities.  It's confusing to the reader.  Previews are pretty worthless if we don't get any impressions as to if any of the things being covered are any good.

3. What would you like to see more of on NWR?  Unique content.  Something that separates NWR from the competition.  You can't be a GoNintendo unless you have at least one person spending 23.5 hours per day "borrowing" content from other sites and you can't be an IGN without dedicated staff working on special projects.  NWR needs to find its niche.  My vote is for building a strong community, but then again I'm pretty biased.  I like the idea of a short, five or ten minute podcast a few times a week talking about new news.  Then the regular podcast can dedicate more time to whatever weekly feature you guys want to discuss.  Editorial content is always welcome and it tends to stir up debate in the forums (and get new members to join so they can tell the writer just how wrong he is).  Developer interviews are great if you can get someone worthwhile to talk to.  I'd also like to see retrospective interviews where you discuss games that have already been released and get the developer to discuss reception, what he would have like to have done differently, etc.  (EGM tends to do these and I always think they're great even if I know nothing about the game they're talking about.)

4. Do you think there's anything we do too much of? If yes, what?  Talking about the Seminoles.

5. Why do you visit NWR?  The forums.

6. Is NWR your first choice for Nintendo news? Reviews? Preview coverage?  No, no and no.  News tends to be slow on the site.  Part of the reason for this is because of "journalistic integrity" and part of it is because there's no dedicated staff, but it causes you to lag behind on most news stories by at least a few hours (if not a few days).  Reviews tend to be good, but they lag behind the big sites (because of the lack of preview copies or whatever).  Preview coverage is again limited because you don't have staff going out to developer's HQs to play the games months before anyone else.  The previews/impressions tend to come with the big shows, where there's no shortage of previews across other sites.

7. Do you like the front page design?  No.  The ads are horribly distracting and they take away from the cleanness of the site.  They also make NWR look like a Geocities fansite rather than a credible video game website.  The layout of the site makes it so whenever Capcom releases a bunch of updates screen shots for their games all the other news gets pushed down to the bottom of the page where no one sees it.  Each category (news, reviews, previews, screen shots, etc) should have its own section on the main page.  It won't look as clean as the current site, but it will be a lot more functional.  Speaking of which, there's also a lot of functionality missing from the site.  There needs to be a way to easily sort through VC games by system, genre, review score, etc.  The search function is horribly slow.  Review Talkback threads often don't make it clear what system the game is on.  There's no way to link people to a particular screen shot without leeching bandwidth.  

8. Are there any more comments you have about Nintendo World Report in general?  Random review suggestion:  I'd like to see additional information in the column next to the review (where it shows developer, publisher, # of players, rating, etc.).  Since there are so many budget titles on Wii and DS prices often range from $30 to $40, it's no longer safe to assume that console = $50 and handheld = $30; adding MSRP info would be helpful to qualify the review (i.e. a 7.0 game for $50 is too pricey, but it's more reasonable at $30).  I'd also like to see estimated number of hours (or a range) to beat the single player game.

Can I get a Hell Yeah?  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 08:53:51 AM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
Oh, ILLEGAL FORUM POLL!!!!

Don't step son!

The one thing I'm seeing a lot of is the the lack of staff interaction.  Very intersting.  Am I allowed to answer this thing?  I don't even know.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
For those wondering, Newer Waffle is the NWRWFL, short for the Nintendo World Report Wi-Fi League.  Yeah, we really need to get that off the ground.

We really do, but I don't know exactly what I should do to help that process.  I think we just need to get it together and goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 09:52:05 AM »
Well, now we need to have actual sign-ups and team formations.  Then we'll need a smack-talk thread for each team that list the members and the games that team can participate in, then we'll need to form a table for matches, then we can start.  Also, captains need to be made.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »

The one thing I'm seeing a lot of is the the lack of staff interaction.  Very intersting.  Am I allowed to answer this thing?  I don't even know.

To be fair, some of the blame for lack of staff interaction has to fall on us the core community. We can be a mean bunch of SOBs, especially when it comes to outcry at "bad" impressions or reviews.

Personally I like to draw parallels between NWR's interaction (or lack thereof) with their core community and Nintendo's supposed abandoning of the hard core games for their blue ocean strategy.

IWATA AND WINDY DONT CARE BOUT US HARDTIME LONGCORE PEEPS

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 10:20:01 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy

To be fair, some of the blame for lack of staff interaction has to fall on us the core community. We can be a mean bunch of SOBs, especially when it comes to outcry at "bad" impressions or reviews.

Personally I like to draw parallels between NWR's interaction (or lack thereof) with their core community and Nintendo's supposed abandoning of the hard core games for their blue ocean strategy.

IWATA AND WINDY DONT CARE BOUT US HARDTIME LONGCORE PEEPS

Actually I think you are the reason the staff doesn't talk to us, you and your ugly face!  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 10:36:49 AM »
Ad Hominem attacks in a thread about site feedback?  I love you guys!  Seriously tho, this is serious stuff.  We would like to get as many replies as possible.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
Well, I think part of the problem is that we don't identify who has written what in the forum.  Names rarely appear in the article posted by the newsbot, and the forumers don't take the time to see who did it until a big discussion pops up.

Of course, there's also the fact that the only new staff I've really talked to are Crimm and Azure Nightmare, it's like they don't really exist to us.

Evan, Karl, Pale, James, AN's name, and a few others are nice to us, so I don't really see this as a big problem, really.  If staff wants to talk, they can.  I think the issue is more along the lines of "We want to know that staff is there," not necessarily interaction, though.  The podcast helps, but I haven't found time to really listen to one in a long time, it's too long and could use being chopped up into pieces, I think, or perhaps with chapter selections or something.  Radio Trivia being podcasted also creates a disconnect between staff and users, though that's understood, technical issues and attendance sliced things up a little there.

On with the questions:

1.  I don't know what I like about NWR, really.  I've just been drawn to it for years now.  Initially, I think it was the great amount of Nintendo coverage incomparable to most sites at a time, along with the "staff sez" type thing that was going on.  Now, I'm drawn because it seems like so much of the forum is a valuable place to seriously discuss things among Nintendo intellectuals of all types, while still being able to have fun.  I also like the news search function, it's worked pretty well for me before.  I like the featured stories at the top, the three highlighted stories.  That's a nice effect

2.  I dislike the press release trend NWR follows now.  I'd appreciate a summary of the press release in a paragraph or two, then the press release in tinier writing, then allow staff comments that apply to the press release or other staff comments to appear on the page like in the older format.  I don't like the chat room, because it's not used enough.  There's never a real invitation to go in at a certain time and talk about something, so it's always filled up with inactive chatters and Rimmer, I think.  The articles and writings offer less personality than they used to, and there's a lack of the "staff talks" chat transcripts, too.  I miss Louie, and I think the site would do well to pick up a new mascot, just because it adds personality.

3.  I've mentioned some above, but I prefer to see my news over hearing it, and find myself bored with listening to a podcast, regardless of how well done it is, that's just my taste.  To that effect, I enjoyed the staff chats that used to occur, I liked the staff says part of news articles, and I want to know who reported a story, who wrote the review, or whatever someone did in the talkback forum, not just on the story.  That's for my convenience.  I'd like more trivia and radio trivia, done live, though.  I think competitions are fun.  I'd like to read about small staff battles of games, too.  Like an NWR staff championship of BWii.  That would be interesting to me.

4.  Said before: just press releases.  They're boring, bland, generic, tedious, and almost irrelevant.  When I can read a headline and learn everything interesting present in the article, that's a problem.  They need spice, really.  Lots of it.  And pancakes.

5.  Yes and no to all of those, in a way.  It's one of what is really two sources of news, and the only one I like, really.  The forums provide lots of news quickly, too, so NWR might be slightly behind them.  I also visit kotaku, as much as it pains me to say it, because they get a lot of news quickly, most of the time.  Learn how not to report news from Kotaku, though.  They don't separate opinion from fact and jump to conclusions too quickly.  They report on one topic ten or twenty times a day, and ignore other important things a lot.  I liked that the "staff says" things were separate from the article.  These had a box underneath, so you knew when the information was finished and the opinion began, and didn't mix the two together.  I love to read video game opinions, I just don't want the people who write these opinions to attempt to disguise them as fact and complain about every single thing, either.

With reviews, I find myself reading less and less.  I disagree more and more with reviews as a whole, and it's to the point where I can't get through an entire game review anywhere, regardless of writer/publisher/author/whatever.  NWR is no exception to this.  I would like an easy to access review "database" for each reviewer, so I could easily find their opinions on games with similar genres, though.  That would be nice.

As far as previews go, I think they're slightly above average, but not spectacular.  Perhaps applicable media could be attached to previews more often, so we could see what's being talked about?  I like the inclusions of video, but that's not being added very much, and the last one I recall, which was with Brawl, lacked narration that I think would have been nice.  I read previews of games I'm interested in, and NWR serves this purpose well, just not as well as I think is possible.

7.  Yes, I think it's great.  However, ads need to be slightly more selective here, from time to time.  Those multi-colored flashing seizure ads make the page look a lot more ugly.  I remember when PGC used to team up with online game retailers, which was pretty cool, because we'd get relevant adds that I cared about.  They almost made me consider buying a game online, something I don't think I've ever done.  I think events, especially forthcoming events, like trivia, contests, and other thinks like that need to be stickied at the top or given their own area where they can easily be seen after being posted, so we don't have to search for them and so they don't get forgotten about, and I think that dividing lines need to appear between each article, too, just for ease of looking, though I could be wrong about that, I'd have to the final product to decide.  Other than that, I like the "clean" look, it's very stylistic and seems to be incredibly trendy and professional, not bad things, IMO.

8.  The forums are nice, and the whole staff needs to help with implementing the Newer Waffle, I think.  It can take a lot of work to create a fair, fun, and functional competition, so it would be nice to receive some official help, or some kind of set rules decided on.  I don't want to be the decider, and I don't think any of the forumers want that responsibility, either.  It just doesn't seem right.  Also, change the wall paper on the funhouse a little more, please.  I liked that a NWR group was formed for GHIII, but are we going to see any more organization for the game beyond that?  I hope so.  Great way to implement the chat room there, guys.  And I remember those Pokemon fun-days, too.  I think perhaps an online event needs to happen bi-monthly that utilizes at least the chatrooms, really.

Anyways, I think that's about it.  Enjoy, Crimm!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 11:38:10 AM »

The community and the site's professionalism.

I mean, you guys have great leadership on your staff in regards to editorial policy, integrity, balance, and honesty. I credit a lot of my respect for this site to the work... and restraint... of key staff members.

As for the community... yeah, we're just that awesome! I mean, seriously, this has got to be one of the most open and discussion-friendly placeds on the net where we can have passionate debates but not hate each other afterwards and not descend into childishly emotional vendettas. (Except GP, I can't talk about ANYTHING with her...)

Whenever I submit a news story, you NEVER CREDIT ME!!!

Also, the podcasts are just way too long, I haven't been able to listen to any of them recently because of the sheer block of time it requires me to set aside all at once. I WANT to listen... I just can't make the time.

Oh, and ALSO... why does Newsbot write all your newstories? The original writer should be credited in the TEXT of the article, or at least pointed out in the forums representation of talkback.

I'd like to hear more staff reactions to news. Others have said it before, but staff comments on news stories are a much missed bit of site personality... even though I don't want the staff to be ANYWHERE as speculatory as the Gonintendo staff seem to be... you guys are Proffessional! Leave the crazy comments and humor to us!

Talking in podcasts. AWESOME talking yes, but I have no time.

5. Why do you visit NWR?

Warm fuzzy feelings. Internet addiction. I can get news anywhere, but the community is amazingly mature, intelligent, and awesome to vary degrees.

News? No. Reviews? Yes. Previews? uh... honestly, I'm a Nintendo fanboi internet junkie. I'll take 'em where I find 'em.

It's okay...

You guys rock...so awesome...  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 11:40:10 AM »
- The forums and the human responses to things.

- How automated the site feels in comparison to the forums. The site needs a celebrity like 666 or Ian.

- Something breaking away from the monotone white. Just some ZAZZ!
- More European-slanted news.

- Buttered camels.

5. Why do you visit NWR?
- Because PGC handled it all.

- I look at other places from time to time. Where is good people?

- When i have control of things yes.

- More European-ness.

Thank you so much.
- That will be £100 please.