Author Topic: Anyone know how to hook up Logitech Z680s to the GC for DLPII?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline JohnLocke

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone know how to hook up Logitech Z680s to the GC for DLPII?
« on: September 22, 2003, 09:30:31 PM »
So I have the logitech Z-680's which have coaxial, optical, and analog inputs.  I know that the gamecube can somehow output digital sound using the analog sound outputs... I'm just not exactly sure how.

My guess right now is a female to female adapter that hooks up directly to the red and white outputs of the GC.  Then connect a male/male to miniplug adapter into the analog port of the logitech speakers.

If anyone has this configuration up and running, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
RE:Anyone know how to hook up Logitech Z680s to the GC for DLPII?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 02:40:40 AM »
"output digital "  No, it doesn't support digital but yeah you have to use the adapter mini-plug they gave you.

It's really not to much of a hassle unless you'll going hook up multi components then you might want to get a audio hub (fairly cheap--$20 or less).  

You shouldn't have to adjust anything, games that support DPLII will automatically be in use (you can check from the LCD display--think it will read PLII or something.

I'll get my brother to log in since he knows more about them then me.

Offline Idiot Savant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 04:12:26 AM »
Why not read the manual?

Offline Round Eye

• View Profile
RE: Anyone know how to hook up Logitech Z680s to the GC for DLPII?
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 05:00:34 AM »
The manual won't say anything about it.  

You have to get the RCA to mini RCA Y adapter, Radio Shack, or some other crappy electronics store has them.  Plug your red/white RCA cable into one end and the mini RCA into the Mini RCA on the back and then select direct input with DP2 movie mode and wa la sorround sound.  I also run an optical connection from my DVD player for movies, works awesome.  Its a pretty tight little system and has bass to spare, I actually turn my Bass right down as I live in an apartment condo *sigh*.

Anyways, enjoy.
There are two types of people in the world.  Those who finish what they started, and so on...

Offline JohnLocke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 01:28:27 PM »
Thanks round.... but I haven't been able to find a RCA to mini... Hmmm..

The only thing close I've found is a male/male to mini RCA which I saw on circuit city's website.  So I'm guessing i'll need a female to female to hook them up?  Will the surround sound still work? :-/

Offline Round Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 01:34:42 PM »
Should, as long as you can get the red and white connectors connected to the mini RCA some way, it will work.
There are two types of people in the world.  Those who finish what they started, and so on...

Offline ShadowDK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 08:44:33 AM »
Is this system better than other home theater-sets at the same price?

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 12:35:15 PM »
What kind of video card are you using?  If it one of the audigy 2s you might be able to find the drive to use, otherwise I'm not sure on digital ins being able to accept analogs.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 01:15:37 PM »
Since when was an Audigy a video card...?

The Z-680s have a 3.5mm headphone jack with a 3.5mm(male)-to-RCA stereo audio(female) adapter to accept analog sound input.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShadowDK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 07:59:34 AM »
Im planning on using it with my tv to watch dvd's and television and such.. only
But is it worth buying the logitech z-680 or should i buy another surround sound set at the same price?

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 10:14:17 AM »
sadfasf you know what I meant.  How big is the room?  Depending on how big it is you are better off going for a normal ht system just because they have more As.

Offline ShadowDK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 09:48:38 AM »
I have my TV in my cellar and its about 30-35 square metres.

Offline Round Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 12:14:51 PM »
These speakers can definitly fit the bill for DVD watching and Video gaming.  I listen to them pretty much with the bass turned way down or else it is just too damn loud, (I live in an apartment).  The nice thing about this setup is that you can switch inputs using the fully functional remote.

So plug your GC into the analog inputs, your DVD into the optical input, your cable box into the coax intput and you are good to go.

I was not dissapointed with these speakers in any way.