Author Topic: The game's roster  (Read 18500 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: The game's roster
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 09:30:04 PM »
The other problem with Snake is that his smash moves are so proprietary, that transitioning from and to him turns into a huge mess most of the time.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 06:24:34 PM »

Not only can you put the detonator on the ground, you can also put it on a character!  I put one on Dedede in an online battle when he was at ~80%, then waited till he got to ~120%, detonated it, and he went flying!

Can you give me more advice on this?  I cannot get the detonator on the character. Thank you!

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 04:19:29 PM »
As much as I don't really like the idea of clones, I'm really digging Wolf.  His side smash is awesome. o:
GOREGASM!

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »
As much as I don't really like the idea of clones, I'm really digging Wolf.  His side smash is awesome. o:
So is his down smash.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »

Agreed, he has catapulted to being my main character due to he strength and speed. All his smash moves are awesome and seem to have better reach than you would expect.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
SMASH_BROTHER, OUR WORST FEARS ARE RESURRECTING AGAIN
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »
SMASH_BROTHER, OUR WORST FEARS ARE RESURRECTING AGAIN

SPACE ANIMALS FTW
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:18 PM »
Bowser will be wooing Peach with gifts of two fur coats and a decorative blue feather mask, if you catch my drift. 8)
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »
LOL i thought there was a sex joke in there at first

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 07:12:08 PM »
LOL i thought there was a sex joke in there at first

Who says there isn't...

What do you expect Peach and Bowser to do AFTER the gifts are given?

... ;)
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 07:13:41 PM »
They eat mushrooms.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »
They eat mushrooms.

Nature's aphrodisiac...and natural drug :) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »

Not only can you put the detonator on the ground, you can also put it on a character!  I put one on Dedede in an online battle when he was at ~80%, then waited till he got to ~120%, detonated it, and he went flying!

Can you give me more advice on this?  I cannot get the detonator on the character. Thank you!

The first couple of times I did it, I didn't even realize I had placed it on the character until it exploded and actually sent the character flying offstage.  It seems to work best when there's a lot of confusion.  I've also done it while pressing down+B while up in the air.  If a character is blocking the spot on the ground where the detonator should go, then it should stick to that character.

Today I unlocked Jigglypuff.  I read every spoiler out there for Brawl, and somehow I had NO idea that this character was in the game.  I must've somehow blocked it out, because it seemed so inconsequential.  But still, I was quite surprised when I got the 'Challenger Approaching' screen.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 11:10:20 PM »
Today I unlocked Jigglypuff.  I read every spoiler out there for Brawl, and somehow I had NO idea that this character was in the game.  I must've somehow blocked it out, because it seemed so inconsequential.  But still, I was quite surprised when I got the 'Challenger Approaching' screen.

That must have been quite depressing.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
Ok, I am not going to bother with Spoiler tags.  Really this thread is called Game's Rosters, so if you don't expect spoilers there is a problem.

I just unlocked Wolf and have played him.  I really like him, and feel he is actually a worthy addition to the series.  He feels heavier, and is slower than Fox, which is nice.  The special moves and smash attacks feel stronger and I think he is different enough to be cool.

But, that just makes me realize how Falco is really pointless.  Wolf was a worthy addition, and Falco just seems NOT. 

Worse than including Wolf is the realization of how many characters feel too similar to each other.

How many characters have a reflector type shield attack?  At least 5.
How many have a counter type move?  I think 4.

Basically, with Brawl I am seeing that most characters fit into the "Smash Bros" mold of design, so that they are playable.  There is definitely more variety than in Melee, but with the next Smash Brothers game I want something different.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »
Which is why the Elite Beat Agents would have been awesome. So would Wolf Link and Midna. I'd gladly take EBA and Wolf Link and Midna over the clones (even though I prefer Wolf to both Fox and Falco).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »
Add Mega Man and Simon Belmont.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
I main Lucas because I think he's better than Ness in a few ways except for his side smash. Also, his PK thunder is better for getting the smashball.
I still play a Samus sometimes, but I can't stand how bad her jump is now. That really got to me during the SSE.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 03:30:38 PM »
Yeah, when Smash Bros was first created the idea of fighting as Nintendo Characters was great...and when you realized it played more like a Platformer than traditional fighter you realized that the designers could spend the time to make the characters feel like their specific game. 

And that is what the original Smash Brothers Did...with a few exceptions here and there.

But with Brawl, many of the characters have seemed to lose that appeal of "feeling" like their original games...and only a few characters actually broke the mold of Smash Brothers Formula-ed characters, and those are the harder, but also more enjoyable characters to play as.

Those are the: Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus (to some degree, but not totally) and Solid Snake, and Yoshi. 

Everyone else seems to have a Dash or Projectile attack, an up recovery move, and either some sort of counter attack move, or a Projectile Reflector move. 

I mean the characters themselves are varied, and very cool, but their moves not so much.

I don't know if adding more 3rd party characters and such would of allowed for the variety to expand or if those characters would have just felt the same.

I do know that I had some great ideas for a unique Bomberman character and for that reason alone I think there could be one more game in the franchise, because if I can come up with good ideas for characters, the developers should be able to.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »
I do know that I had some great ideas for a unique Bomberman character and for that reason alone I think there could be one more game in the franchise, because if I can come up with good ideas for characters, the developers should be able to.
Landmaster.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2008, 05:22:09 PM »
While the landmaster thing bugged me in theory, in practice, it's fine. The three versions work differently. It just bugs me that they didn't make more cosmetic changes... Falco's would have made more sense as a spaceship of some kind.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
Wolf Link and Midna

Hooray for awful character ideas.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »
While the landmaster thing bugged me in theory, in practice, it's fine. The three versions work differently. It just bugs me that they didn't make more cosmetic changes... Falco's would have made more sense as a spaceship of some kind.
Sad part is they could have done the same as the Dragoon but with a group of Arwings firing and I be happy.  Wolf's could have been like Pit's but with 4 evil arwings.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2008, 02:11:11 AM »
Speaking of clones, I liked young Link better than toon Link. ):  Toon Link's all floaty and has slow projectiles. :/
GOREGASM!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »
Wolf Link and Midna

Hooray for awful character ideas.
You're an awful character idea.