Author Topic: Hello my friends on the planet with the water that falls from the sky  (Read 5323 times)

Offline Usul

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
May I introduce myself? My name is Usul, I'm living on this planet full of sand. It's pretty hot here, and I don't ever seem to have enough water to fill a glass with. I'm preparing to lead my new friends here to rebel against the Harkonnens, but the last few weeks it was pretty boring because there is a big storm going on that forbids us to leave the sietch.  Luckily , shortly before the enduring storm broke out, a space-ship crashed down not far from our sietch.  The spies in it died, but they had an interesting gaming machine on board, called the gamecube...

I just love that racing-game called "Burnout 2", or that stupid looking italian-guy "Mario", or that really lovely "NBA Street Basketball 2". Thanks to my prophetic talents that allow me to see the future, I know I will have fun playing the games from the company called Ubi-Soft: "Prince of Persia" and "Project BG&E", a fighting game called "Soul Calibur 2" from Namco and a snowboard-game called "SSX 3" from EA. Well you should understand that on this planet there was never enough water, and it was never  cold enough to produce snow, but I still remember it from my homeplanet that I lived my first fifteen years on, so it should be a little nostalgia.

Off course the only way to get to playing these games is to survive the next few months, and that alone should prove very difficult, because of all the assasins, and the Harkonnen's troops consisting of Sardaukars.  The easiest way to achieve this would be to reconquer the throne, to defeat the Harkonnens and to somehow make a deal with the imperator which would allow me to become the new imperator, perhaps by marrying his daughter. The future is not as clear as I would wish...

Nonetheless, I'm writing this in order to get to know you all. What games do you play nowadays, and which games do you want to play at the end of the year. With the help of the subspace-transfer-technolgy, I'm able to read and write to you in real-time, even though there are many light-years between us. By that technology I was also able to watch some movies of you: I really liked the "Matrix part One", and I like your Hong-Kong-Movies: "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" and "Hero". Which movies do you like?

When the storm is over I think I will practice riding the big worms in the dunes a bit more... See you later

Usul
If you can read this you are too close

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
what an odd post...

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Seriously, dude you have too much time on your hands, or one strange little boy.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Hello my friends on the planet with the water that falls from the sky
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 12:56:08 AM »
He's either from Dune or Tatooine.  If I'm wrong, he shares the same hut with the MTV Sell-Out 2003 Yoda.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 12:56:54 AM »
Indeed. I like games. OMG A BLUE CAR!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
Wait....

Planet... Water... Falls from.. Sky. HOLY CRAP!

You're living in a Wetrix cartridge!

I have discovered your posting location. Where is my prize?

What movies do I like, you ask? I like that movie that plays when you reach the end of a tape. You know how it goes. BUUUUUUUUUUURRRR, with a single colourful screen. It's funky. GET DOWN!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 07:23:52 AM »
does anyone remember where i claimed i was from in the operationN2000 days?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Frodo Fett

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 08:18:16 AM »
This guys been reading too much "Dune". I, personally, found the book to be average, and didn't read any of the sequels.
I love spaghetti and spaghette loves me.

Offline JSasky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 11:06:26 AM »
Dune was awesome!  The other ones were pretty boring, did'nt even finish them.

Spice is nice.
'Take a wiff of my pant leg baby!'
-Blues Explosion

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 12:25:18 PM »
Bah.  I thought this was going to be a Skies of Arcadia thread.  Nevertheless, this is one whacked out thread.  I have to approve.  

To answer your questions, I am currently playing Master of Orion III (v1.2 rocks), The Curse of Monkey Island, Pokemon Red, and I am trying to find time to do the second quest of Zelda: Wind Waker.

By the end of the year, I hope to have Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Pokemon Sapphire, and Advance Wars 2.

For movies, I have to say that Hero and Crouching Tiger were both really good.  My favorites would include Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Dumb and Dumber.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 02:06:29 PM »
"If I'm wrong, he shares the same hut with the MTV Sell-Out 2003 Yoda."

I'll agree with that sell out comment.  The thing I found oddest about Yoda's stupid appearance on the show was that my geek-mind kept telling me "this doesn't make sense because if Yoda is real then he's dead".  I like how I'll accept the fact that a fictional character is accepting an award but I'll freak out because of an inconsistency with the movies.

I originally thought this post was a direct shoutout to everyone in the Pacific Northwest what with the "water that falls from the sky" bit.

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Hello my friends on the planet with the water that falls from the sky
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 02:50:42 PM »
What is Master of Orion?
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 03:08:50 PM »
i think i had master of orion1 im not entirely sure

Offline Usul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 11:34:17 PM »
To NintendoKid:

Actually I have a lot time on my hand due to the hazardous storms going on. We are closed in in our sietch here for weeks.

To Professional 666 and to Infernal Monkey:

I'm living on Arrakis since my parents and I came here fifty years ago. My father has been assasined during the second year on this planet and the Harkonnens have taken over the throne. Luckily my mother and I could escape and hide in the  outer regions of the endless deserts. We found friends among the natives and are since then building up a force to reconquer the throne.
On my former homeplanet the oldest of our species could become 220 years old, but thanks to the spice that is surrounding us our lifes are prolonged and we think that we could become up to 300 years old, if we don't die unnaturally, which happens more often than we like.

To Frodo Fett and JSasky:

This was not the first time I contacted your planet, decades ago I tried to establish a subspace-communication to my homeplanet (a girlfriend of mine was still there) and I somehow came out with it on your planet. A guy called, what was the name of him, damn memory, Franck Herby or something like that, answered me, and we came into conversation, and I told him what was going on here on my planet. He was eager to listen, though my prophetic talents told me that he thought I was just a dude making it all up, and that he would make a book out of it. I didn't care, it was a good possibility to talk the troubles off.

To The Perm,  Grey Ninja and Ian Sane:

Years after I talked to that Herby-dude, troubles came up again, and I thought that my brain would explode, so I configured the subspace-transfer-machine the same way again and contacted the earth, but this time another dude came on the phone. What was his name? I talked to him about the politics of the imperator that troubled me, and my growing powers which scared me. Greg, Giorgia Lucky, or was it Greg Luka, no, I think it was Giorge Lukas. Again I knew that he thought I was just another crack puffing dude, and my prophetic talents told me that he would make a movie out of my experiences, but I didn't care. It just helped me a lot to talk about my troubles with people that are far away from me.

Perhaps I should read the book of Herby and watch the movie of Giorge to amuse me and my rebels here.  

Usul  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2003, 02:16:34 AM »
Now, Paul, watch it. Last I heard Baron Saddam Harkonnen might hide some (nuclear?) weapons of mass destruction in his palaces. May the guidance-system be with you!

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2003, 04:56:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"this doesn't make sense because if Yoda is real then he's dead".

While it's true Yoda dies in RETURN OF THE JEDI, I'm sure the official explanation for his odd appearance at the MTV Movie Awards 2003 would be that "He didn't realy die - he was only acting", LOL

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2003, 11:58:55 AM »

Originally posted by: NintendoKiD
What is Master of Orion?

Master of Orion is a 4X game, along the lines of Civilization or Alpha Centauri, but better.  Master of Orion II remains my favorite game of the genre.  Master of Orion III shipped with many "problems".  There aren't really any crashes or anything, and the game runs fine, but some of the features in the game are horribly bugged.  Some technologies and tactics didn't work... the AI was too stupid, and the list went on.

Recently though, they released a patch for the game which corrected many of the problems in the game.  The AI is smart enough to actually do your bidding, the computer is a much more difficult opponent, and you are actually capable of fighting a war without micromanaging every last detail.  I think that Master of Orion III has the potential to become one of the greatest games ever.  It still needs a few more patches to get to that stage though.

Usul, you are one freaking weird dude.    That's ok though, as I like weird things.  I haven't read about your life story from the Franck Herby guy, but I might want to see a movie on it at some point I guess, simply so that I could see wtf you are talking about.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Usul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 12:45:30 AM »
Paul. it was long ago that someone called me Paul.

Regardless, finally I have an idea how to beat the Harkonnens, it will go like this: Me and my rebels will open up and analyse the inner workings of the gamecube and rebuild it from ground up, so that we can mass-produce it. Same goes for the small game-discs. Then we will give them away to the troops of the Harkonnens. I know the Sardaukars, they will be sucked in by this gaming-machine, and their discipline and fighting-moral will go way down, espescially their awareness of danger.

The only problem is how to give it to them without evoking their skepticism. Perhaps by letting some smugglers lose their freight near the troops, so they can find it.

Then after a few days of observing them,  small units  will enter all of their troop-centers simultaneously, while my rebels will encircle all of the troop-centers. The natives here on this planet have the capability to hide in the desert under the sand and even move under it very slowly, without anyone noticing. It must happen in the full heat of the day, so that they don't expect any attack, and so it will be more difficult for them to be outside of their buildings.  The small units will then let explode some emp-bombs, so that their weapons and any technology espescially the communication-technology will stop to work.  By this the Harkonnen-troops will have to fight on our terms, without laserweapons, only with the good old knives and swords.  The small units I send in will be killed pretty fast by the Harkonnen-troops, but my rebels outside of the centers will come out of the sand and will derstroy all of the Harkonnen-troops, because we are much better trained on hand-to-hand  or knive-to-knive fighting. I expect that every single rebel of mine will at least beat five to ten of the Harkonnen-soldiers.

The rest will be done by the worms we will bring with us.

That success will provoke a revolution among the cities, that will end up with the Harkonnens dethroned.

I think the whole operation will take at least four weeks to execute, most of the time we will have to work on the mass-production of the gamecube, and off course I have to convince every sietch to send me all of their fighters.  In a week the hazardous storms will weaken and eventually cease, so that I can send my messengers to the other sietchs.

Hopefully I can convince them to take the risk of an open confrontation with the Harkonnens.

Usul

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2003, 03:35:54 AM »
I like your attitude Usul. Top stuff, your posts are excellent.

*end of crap useless post by mario*

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2003, 04:17:08 AM »
Sorry for asking, but...

can you kill Bill Gates for me?  

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2003, 03:43:08 PM »
Uhh...Well I know where the dude's really from, but I'll let you guys play in general chat.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2003, 10:47:56 AM »
Just cruising through old threads.  Well, this one old thread, anyway.  I'm quite aware of folks like Usul.  I've spent way too much time around them.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>