Author Topic: Mafia XIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 1. Green Greens.  (Read 14221 times)

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 1. Green Greens.
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »
Just for the sake of discussion.  If thatguy was mafia, but didn't want to play, wouldn't he just tell his teamates to vote him out in a PM to draw attention away from them. 

Let's vote out the real threat. 

Vote Halbred.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »
Odd strategy thatguy is using. Is he telling the truth or not...I'm confused.

Not voting just yet.

I always tell the truth. If there's one thing I've never done, I have to say I have never, ever lied.

That means that he's lying and has some ulterior motive... but what? Is there really a mirror that's going to deflect his votes onto someone else?

Vote: thatguy
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »
Why not?

Vote thatguy.

I received a PM earlier today from Sundoulos that said "Thanks for making it easy for us." I'm taking it to mean he really doesn't believe I'm mafia.

Vote Sundoulos

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 09:14:50 PM »
Odd strategy thatguy is using. Is he telling the truth or not...I'm confused.

Not voting just yet.

I always tell the truth. If there's one thing I've never done, I have to say I have never, ever lied.

That means that he's lying and has some ulterior motive... but what? Is there really a mirror that's going to deflect his votes onto someone else?

Vote: thatguy

There is a mirror, but it's a townie ability if I'm reading the rules correctly. So if you take thatguy at his word, and I'm reading Mirror's ability right, he can't have it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
Just for the sake of discussion.  If thatguy was mafia, but didn't want to play, wouldn't he just tell his teamates to vote him out in a PM to draw attention away from them. 

Vote Halbred.

Why is Halbred the real threat?

Why not?

Vote thatguy.

I received a PM earlier today from Sundoulos that said "Thanks for making it easy for us." I'm taking it to mean he really doesn't believe I'm mafia.

Vote Sundoulos

I didn't send that note; in fact, I'd never send a note like that...especially one giving indication that I was mafia. 

To be honest, unless you really didn't care about the game, I can't think of a reason why you'd out yourself as mafia.  You have expressed disinterest in playing during previous games, so I thought that it might be worth taking you at your initial word.

If you are a townie, I can only guess that you're trying to deduce who the townies and mafia are by drawing out votes.   

"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 10:26:10 PM »
There is a mirror, but it's a townie ability if I'm reading the rules correctly. So if you take thatguy at his word, and I'm reading Mirror's ability right, he can't have it.

Unless he's lying about being mafia, and now that I've found the ability list, the mirror parlays abilities, not votes so I still don't get it, unless he has Crash.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »
45 minutes left in the day and judging by my PM box I have a pretty good portion of the actions in. If you haven't sent in an action and want to do so now is the time to do it.  Here is the vote tally currently.
thatguy-7
Dasmos-1
Halbred-1
Sundolous-2
Bustin 98-1
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:44:15 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 11:21:31 PM »
Items and how they work are now up in the rules thread.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 11:37:23 PM »

Vote Halbred.

Yeah, vote for the guy who doesn't even know what's going on. Do you people want to see more pictures of my girls or not?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 11:37:31 PM »
You know, I'm going to side with thatguy on this one, just because it'll probably either make me look suspicious or get me killed. Either way its not like Sundolous is in any danger... unless thatguy really does have crash and uses it....

Vote Sundolous

Vote Halbred.

Yeah, vote for the guy who doesn't even know what's going on.

Who does know whats going on?
Wait? More pics? You mean you already posted some? I have to dig through your posts...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:39:39 PM by bustin98 »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 11:38:43 PM »
What reason would anyone have to not believe me? Really, what reason would anyone have not to believe me. I've demonstrated I'm ruthless and uncaring about other players, in all respects in my past games. If any thing is clear, though, I want to lose this game. And I appreciate what all of you are doing, taking me out of context in that regard, and looking at what has happened as a result of my actions. You all are wonderful players, with two exceptions, and you should be proud of yourselves after today. You really should.

After all, we all know the way to win a game of mafia is to look at the surface. It's to trust statements, all open statements, without any suspicion. It's to avoid discussion, and get to the flat vote.

As such, I can say I will be leaving this game in the best of hands. I'm going to be very excited to see where this game is headed, and I feel lucky to be looking at it from the sidelines. With that, I'm done trying to play for the night, and I won't be logged on until tomorrow morning. I hope you all have a great game.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »
Vote Bustin98

Something about him I just don't trust.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 11:45:49 PM »
That's ok, we can not trust each other together! I'll tell you I'm townie, not that you'll believe me. And when I die I can say Told You! and you'll move on to the next townie cause we can't trust anyone.

BTW (I'm a townie. Don't vote for me.)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 11:51:08 PM »
I'm really happy with the way this turned out everyone. At the rate this is going, I can't wait for midnight.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 11:55:37 PM »
5 mins left in the day. Get your actions in now if you would like to use them today.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 12:04:15 AM »
Tallying votes now...

thatguy-7
Sundolous-2
Dasmos-1
Halbred-1
Bustin98-1

Khushrenada can take it away now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:09:13 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
Night Actions due in 30 minutes from this post's time stamp.

Maxi edit: I will link to the second day now.
 Day 2- http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=35823.0
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:22:19 AM by Maxi »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.