Author Topic: Wrestling discussion  (Read 111308 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wrestling discussion
« Reply #350 on: July 25, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »
At this stage in his career, Undertaker is a novelty act that WWE will use a few times a year (like how Andre the GIant was at the end of his career). He was great at WrestleMania.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
So, did you guys see that Hollywood Hulk Hogan is back in action? Whatchu gunna do brother?
is your sanity...

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »
I absolutely love Impact Wrestling, but man, I mute the tv whenever a Hogan comes on screen. Eck.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »
Odds on (x) being the head of Aces/Eights:
2-1: Jeff Jarrett
3-1: Eric Bischoff
5-1: Samoa Joe
7-1: Shaymin
10-1: Sting
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
Oh, it's totally Jeff Jarrett. But part of me really wants IW to come out of left field and have the leader be Joey Ryan.

Haha. That'd be complete total trolling of wrestling fans.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »
It would be funny if the leader was Joseph Park :P
is your sanity...

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »
Hah... I could get behind that idea, too. :P
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 29, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »
Seriously, I noticed one of the main Aces & Eights guys looked like a really big dude, and I was thinking it could be Abyss. You can't prove it obviously because of the mask, but he is about the same size as Abyss, so it would make sense. It would also help explain why Aces and Eights has it in for Bully Ray, because of how he "left Abyss for dead".
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #358 on: August 29, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
Keep in mind that whoever is under the masks right now doesn't mean they will be one of the revealed members.

I think Jeff Jarrett would be too obvious a choice. I have hear valid arguments for everyone from Jarrett to Bischoff to Angle to even Dixie Carter. I hope TNA doesn't drop the ball again.

Oh, remember when Hulk Hogan said the TV Championship would be defended EVERY week? That lasted about a month?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:41 PM »
I think Bobby Roode might join their group, even though he isn't a original member. What else can he do at this point? He's not a contender for the title, and he's a heel, so what other option does he have? Plus on last week's Impact when the TNA roster was battling aces and eights, Roode was noticeably absent.

Oh, remember when Hulk Hogan said the TV Championship would be defended EVERY week? That lasted about a month?

To be fair, Hulk has been out of action for awhile, but you do have a good point. Its just like how the X-Division is supposed to have a weight limit of 225 pounds or something like that, but during a PPV awhile back they let Samoa Joe challenge AA for the title, even though Joe obviously exceeds that weight limit. That kinda made a mockery of that supposed rule.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
Originally the X Division had no weight limits, they didn't create that concept until this year. The motto of the division used to be "It's not about weight limits, it's about no limits". I guess TNA decided to add the weight limit since it has basically just become their version of the cruiserweight championship.

Talking about the TV Championship made me remember other experiments TNA started and abandoned, like the TNA Top 10 Rankings.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 29, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
Originally the X Division had no weight limits, they didn't create that concept until this year.

I know. The match I'm talking about between Joe and Aries only happened like a month or two ago, after that rule was implemented. If it was a non-title match that would have been fine, but Hulk made it a title match, so (theoretically at least) Joe would have been able to win that title, even though he weighs probably 100 pounds more than the limit.

Then again, I guess it would be no worse than how Eric Young was able to win the tag team knockouts title.
is your sanity...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »
TNA is horrible.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
Actually, TNA for the most part has been pretty good the last 6 months. Sometimes there are lame episodes, but they have stepped up quite a bit.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2012, 09:53:50 PM »
I've been more excited for Impact than Raw the last few months. Of course, that's because Raw's gone downhill ever since USA made them go to 3 hours.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 29, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »
That started one month ago though.

And TNA is horrible. As long as they have any association with Hulk Hogan, they will be horrible.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #366 on: August 29, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Have you actually watched TNA? First, he has not appeared often lately due to a real life surgery. Even when he did appear, it wasn't usually for much time. The matches and storylines are mostly really good. Please explain why you think having Hogan automatically makes them terrible, as it makes no sense.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #367 on: August 29, 2012, 10:46:48 PM »
Current TNA Television Champion Devon announced on Twitter tonight that he has left the company (which he has been with since 2005): http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_64720.shtml

I wonder how TNA will handle the title situation?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:59 AM »
TNA is horrible.

At least TNA isn't limited by a PG rating. They have the freedom to cater more towards mature viewers.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2012, 08:32:32 AM »
Oh god, not another person thinking the PG rating is stifiling. You realize that for about 50 of the company's 60 year history, it was PG rated? Bleeding does not make it better (it still happens, but not all the time and that makes it more special), neither does cursing every single sentence, etc. To me, this stupid argument is like saying a R rated movie is automatically better than a PG rated movie. Good TV shows are good regardless of their rating.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »
How could it be rated TV PG for 50 years when the ratings system did not exist until the 90s? The PG ratings has definitely made the product worse - I can't say that it's become unwatchable, but it has definitely hurt the product - and the whole reason they went PG is to try and get Linda McMahon into the US Senate.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »
It was also what killed WCW. Ted Turner let Bischoff do whatever he wanted with the show, but then when the board of directors took over they forced Biscoff to make it more family friendly, and as a result the ratings plummeted. Pro Wrestling is inherently violent, so it isn't very compatible with a PG rating. With other sports and types of programming it can work, but not with this.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:46:45 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #372 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:28 PM »
Current TNA Television Champion Devon announced on Twitter tonight that he has left the company (which he has been with since 2005): http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_64720.shtml

I wonder how TNA will handle the title situation?
I'm actually intrigued by this, too. Hopefully this matter will be cleared up live tonight on Impact. Hold a tournament? Have the four lowest ranked BFG series guys via for the title? That could be an interesting twist. I'd love to see gold around Robbie E's waist. Dude's a great wrestler - even if his character isn't a serious one. I love his overselling. :P

But anyway, I'm actually relieved to see Devon is gone. I just hope Bully Ray doesn't follow suit - since those two are close and all. Bully's the best "bad guy" in the business currently. I'd hate to see him go. :/
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 30, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
I'd love to see gold around Robbie E's waist.

Who do you think had it before Devon got it? ;)
is your sanity...

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #374 on: August 30, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
Of course! I'd love to see it return. Aaaaaaaand actually have him defend it every week like it's supposed to be defended. I'd like to see him feud with Doug Williams over the title, but it looks like Mr. Britain is being delegated to training OVW guys now. :(

I love me some Chaos Theory Suplex.
Muh Backloggery!