Author Topic: Mistwalker's "The Last Story" out in NA via XSEED!  (Read 171265 times)

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,

Just saw on IGN that apparently Nintendo of America is aware of the campaign for these games, and will be releasing a statement on the matter.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179120p1.html

Offline Tennindo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
as much as I myself would love to get my hand on the Last Story I have a bad feeling nintendo wont bring them to North america. I hope I'm wrong

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
as much as I myself would love to get my hand on the Last Story I have a bad feeling nintendo wont bring them to North america. I hope I'm wrong

Indeed, Last Story is the game I care about as well.  Xenoblade I could go either way on, as it reminds me a bit too much of Final Fantasy XII, a game I loathed.  Last Story, though, looks more interesting and different to me.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline grantimus

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Operation Rainfall
http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/

Bring The Last Story, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower, to North America!  Do your part!
Now Playing: Mega Man 3, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Go Cardinals!
Nintendo is my girlfriend, except for my real girlfriend

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
Denied.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mistwalker's "The Last Story" coming to Europe in 2012. NA Release unknown.
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2012, 06:38:58 AM »
Checking my twitter right now and OP Rainfall  tweeted and has confirmed via Aussie Nintendo that The Last Story is heading to Australia on Febuary 23rd so a little less then a month from now. Here is the link.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/the-last-story-hits-australia-this-february

Also wanted to point out that OP rainfall is going to get started on The Last Story on January 27th but they are sending letters out to NOA at the end of tomorrow so you might want to get in on that as well if you can if you haven't done so. Here is their link.

http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/

We already have Xenoblade so lets get the other 2 here as well.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:48:04 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2012, 07:43:43 AM »
Op Rainfall is irrelevant to whether Last Story is coming to North America. That decision is going to be based pretty much entirely on how well Xenoblade sells here.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
While that may be true it doesn't hurt to encourage supporting them being them over now does it via OP Rainfall now does it?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »

Whatever happens, I hope Nintendo doesn't announce through Twitter that a statement about the release is coming, and then reveal to everyone that there are "no plans" to release the game in North America.  Gem of a PR move that was.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 24, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »
It'll probably come down to GameStop on this one. If GameStop finds that it was worthwhile to secure XenoBlade as an exclusive, they will probably strike the same sort of deal for The Last Story.

I doubt they will touch Pandora's Tower, however. I don't see that one making it to North America.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
I'm probably going to buy this game and not play it, just like I did with Xenoblade, just because I can.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 24, 2012, 06:19:44 PM »
My birthday's at the end of April, so I ended up asking for an import copy of The Last Story as my B-Day gift.  I have no faith whatsoever that this game will be released by NoA, especially after seeing how poorly they're treating Xenoblade (a game they are releasing), with GameStop allegedly having to make a deal with NoA to release it.  If you're interested in this game and live in NA, I suggest you do the same.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:22:10 PM by broodwars »

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 24, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
One thing that bothers me about these games is that if we do get all three and they sell in small numbers then later down the road we might have to pay a very large sum of money for the North American version of thse games due to rarity. The same is happening to Metroid Prime Trilogy and that Super Mario All Stars Wii edition. They are both selling for very high amounts of money.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
One thing that bothers me about these games is that if we do get all three and they sell in small numbers then later down the road we might have to pay a very large sum of money for the North American version of thse games due to rarity. The same is happening to Metroid Prime Trilogy and that Super Mario All Stars Wii edition. They are both selling for very high amounts of money.

What do you care about that?  You're almost a guaranteed Day 1 purchaser, Kytim.  If anything, that should be my problem since I can't get rid of my Wii without losing my ability to play my import Rainfall games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »
GameStop has pre-owned copies of All-Stars online for $26.99. Both Trilogy and All-Stars were designed with limited runs.

I do hope everyone who claimed they wanted Xenoblade buy it so the chances of The Last Story coming over increases.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:06 PM »

What do you care about that?  You're almost a guaranteed Day 1 purchaser, Kytim.  If anything, that should be my problem since I can't get rid of my Wii without losing my ability to play my import Rainfall games.

Well, I was until the two rear tires on my Blazer blew out and then the starter solenoid (which caused me to miss the launch of Skyward Sword) and then my battery died due to the cold weather. All of this has set me back in money to atleast the summer.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
The thing about Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Mario All-Stars is that the former is labeled with "Collector's Edition" and the latter "Limited Edition." For some strange reason, games with these labels tend to sell for a lot more than regular games, regardless of availability. SMAS sold over 2 million worldwide, and MPT likely sold at least a few hundred thousand, so neither one is rare, just in demand.

Unless XenoBlade is actually labeled as a limited edition or something, I don't see it becoming valuable.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »
Atlus games aren't labeled like that, but they are expensive because they receive very small print runs (a few hundred thousand isn't tiny, but still small enough that it was very hard to find for a long time and even now used copies go for around $70).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2012, 09:51:38 PM »
Which Atlus games, specifically, sell for $70? I know I've heard people say that the Trauma Center games are difficult to find, but I've seen all three of the Wii ones for $10-15 new at various times. So I have to wonder if it's true for any of Atlus's other games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2012, 10:19:45 PM »
Maybe not $70, but it's usually pretty rare to find Atlus games for less than their launch price at any point.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:06 PM »
One thing that bothers me about these games is that if we do get all three and they sell in small numbers then later down the road we might have to pay a very large sum of money for the North American version of thse games due to rarity.

She was always my least favourite pony...
Yeah that's why i decided to preorder the game even though i didn't care that much about operation rainfall since i already have a **** ton of games on my backlog.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2012, 11:14:28 PM »
GameStop has pre-owned copies of All-Stars online for $26.99. ...

I do hope everyone who claimed they wanted Xenoblade buy it so the chances of The Last Story coming over increases.

That's a good price for All-Stars - isn't the average eBay value considerably higher? Still more than I want to pay for an SNES ROM... but a good price nonetheless.

As for Xenoblade, I already did buy. From NoE. You know, because they actually made the effort to localize, advertise, and release that game in a reasonable way. I'm also planning to support NoE's release of The Last Story (maybe the limited edition?) unless NoA coughs up a confirmed release date before that game comes out in Europe.

As for Atlus games jumping in price over time due to smaller print runs, I've seen it happen. Trauma Center series seems to not be affected yet, but grabbing Radiant Historia (DS) isn't cheap and easy anymore. Xenoblade will probably hold value extremely well due to being a smaller than normal release in North America for such a high quality game.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #397 on: February 01, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC3XUvF_Vlg

New trailer has been released. It mainly covers the characters in the game.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:46:05 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2012, 04:48:03 AM »
Reviews are coming in, mostly 8-8.5.  Most of them state the gameplay was great but the story was a bit too complex and strained and the music scores were spread to thin and lacked that epic feel.

Still an 8 from Edge (who generally hate JRPGs) is good enough for me to import.  Game comes out Feb 22 but I don't expect to see the game intil mid March :(.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »
Smite me all you want but what exactly does the J stand for in JRPG? I don't even know when that term started popping up.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn