Author Topic: I've been banned from NeoGAF (again)  (Read 12720 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
I've been banned from NeoGAF (again)
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »
For getting pissed at someone defending the trolls that attacked Zelda Williams on Twitter today.

Today's a good day.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:14:28 PM by Oblivion »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: I've been banned from NeoGAF
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »
You have the same name over there?

I don't venture to gaming side much over there anymore.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:47:04 PM »
You have the same name over there?

I don't venture to gaming side much over there anymore.

Nope. ObbyDent is my username over there. I do have to say that it is a temp 7 day ban. They understand why I did it in the context that I did, but that I should count myself lucky since they usually ban Junior members right off the bat for those kinds of comments.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:33:52 AM »
I can't even register there D:
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »
Wanna link us to the relevant portion of the thread? Or can you not even view the site while banned?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 12:39:19 AM »
I can't even register there D:

Yeah, I had to use my university email just to register. But then it had to be "approved". Then I wasn't allowed to post for like two weeks. Then to become a full member I have to be around for three months and make at least 300 posts.

NeoGAF is super exclusive for some reason.

Wanna link us to the relevant portion of the thread? Or can you not even view the site while banned?

Here's the beginning of the thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874280

Here's my post, directed at some asshole blaming Z. Williams for the bullys on Twitter:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125290241&postcount=67

The funny thing was, this got locked soon afterwards. I didn't get banned until almost 7 hours later. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not pissed or anything. I shouldn't have done it. I guess I'm more surprised that my post got picked out of that, 7 hours after it had been locked and forgotten about.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 02:11:14 AM »
My school pulled the plug on the email I provided them before I got the thing saying I could post and none of my regular email addresses fit their criteria.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 02:44:02 AM »
They can't ban me - and only me - from reading, however.

I'd like to see them try.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 08:15:20 AM »
Yeah, I had to use my university email just to register. But then it had to be "approved". Then I wasn't allowed to post for like two weeks. Then to become a full member I have to be around for three months and make at least 300 posts.

It's designed to keep out Lucariofan-class posters. That's not to say it works all the time, mind you.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »

It's designed to keep out Lucariofan-class posters. That's not to say it works all the time, mind you.

I think generally speaking, that level of exclusivity just makes the userbase incredibly smug.

For those who don't want to bother going straight to the link, this is what the troll at neogaf said:

Originally Posted by FunkyMunkey
1.) Why go on twitter after your father just killed himself with a belt and dialogue with anonymous people? (and then expect every single dialogue to be positive?)

2.) Why does she ignore the thousands and thousand of worldwide support for her and her family and love for her father, and then get so upset over two individuals who are using twitter anonymity to troll her?

I'm not understanding this.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »
I joined NeoGaf in 2007 but I only have 1 post attributed to me even though I thought I posted more but, it says member in my profile.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 10:21:07 AM »
I don't know if I like the fact that NWR and NeoGAF now have something in common.  :-\

Of course, we did do it first here. 'Cause we are always the orginators! All them other sites just keep trying to copycat us to keep up.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 11:19:56 AM »
I don't know if I like the fact that NWR and NeoGAF now have something in common.  :-\

Of course, we did do it first here. 'Cause we are always the orginators! All them other sites just keep trying to copycat us to keep up.

Actually, you guys were the second site to ban me. ;)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 11:40:48 AM »
Damn, we're slipping. We used to be far out ahead on things like this. I, for one, blame UncleBob.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 01:45:47 PM »
I stopped caring when I wasn't invited to Podcast #400. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 02:33:29 PM »
You know it doesn't have the same punch when you tell someone to go eff themself, then follow up with a kthxbai. Are you 12?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 02:37:50 PM »
You know it doesn't have the same punch when you tell someone to go eff themself, then follow up with a kthxbai. Are you 12?

I really don't give a ****. I wasn't being completely serious, hence the "12 year old" vibe.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »
Well you were well within your rights.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 12:47:14 AM »

Made you look ****.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 01:08:07 AM »
Well, I got blocked from NintendoForce's Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/NintendoForce/photos/a.486655378043810.110624.445910245451657/788065457902799/?type=1

I replied with "...this is VERY tacky..."

My post was deleted and I am no longer able to post on their page.  Which is all well anyway, I never renewed after my first sub ran out - the mag is pretty terrible (sorry fellow forumers who work on the product).

So, to "honor" Robin Williams' death, you're supposed to play as a character that has his name and absolutely nothing else in common and another character who he named his daughter after and use these two characters to beat the holy crap out of one another?  Yeah... that post was nothing but click baitbate.

You want to honor Robin Williams' memory?  Consider giving to any one of the many charities that Robin was a force in.  I'm a huge fan of St. Jude's and the work they do.  Like giving children more time to live so they can enjoy video games with their dads (or moms).  Can't afford it?  Give 'em the $40 or $60 you were going to spend on Smash Bros.

*That* is how you can honor someone's memory.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 01:37:15 AM »
Ugh. I get people are upset about his death but how does this do anything? What does it accomplish? There's a petition to have a character in the upcoming Zelda Wii U game named Robin now as well. I guess doing that is easier than what Unclebob just suggested. Let's just get a company that had a very loose connection/relationship with the deceased to show some kind of tribute for us purchasers of product from said company. That is how he'd want to be remembered. What are people going to do with that idea? I'll post a picture and message about myself on Twitter and Instagram playing Smash Bros as Robin and Zelda so that people can know about this wonderful tribute I am doing in Robin Williams memory. Robin and Zelda Williams will be so proud of me.

Personally, I have even a bigger disconnect with this whole Robin Williams death in that when I heard the news it was a surprise since I'd never heard anything about him suffering depression for him to have done this but my reaction was just a simple that's too bad. Feel sad for the family. It wasn't emotional. For me, the announcement of the death of Lauren Becall was more depressing news. Thus, I'm just surprised at how big a deal his death has been for so many people. I didn't realize he'd had such an emotional impact on people. I'm not criticizing that. However, some of the ideas about how to honor or immortalize him have furthered that disconnect as I just don't get what people are thinking by them.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2014, 01:42:49 AM »
You get a +1.  And not just because you agreed with me. :D

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »
I just think its "cool" and "hip" to get all emotional and give shitty tributes to deceased celebrities. People who all of a sudden start caring about someone as soon as they die. See: MJ and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I had friends who got "emotionally distraught" after hearing about PSH's death when I know for a fact they haven't seen a single movie he has been in.

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »
I think for many people the reason Robin Williams hit so hard is because he was seen as a bringer of joy, someone who brought happiness to others so it shatters their bubble thinking he could be so depressed. It also goes to show you how seriously depression can be. A friend of mine posted on face book how depressing it is when the happiest man alive kills himself. I didn't care I don't morn people I never met in person anyways. That and I have met death too many times I am kind of numb to its sting these days anymore. Oh but back on topic, I was banned from gamefaqs a long ass time ago for asking a legit question about playing audio cd's in the xbox and they said discussion of roms was bannable and I didn't even know what the hell a rom was then.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »
Talking about getting banned at GAF is a bannable offense here.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA