Author Topic: An effing astronomy class might be the 1 thing stopping me from graduating[RANT]  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
This fucking class is the hardest class I've ever taken. It's purely online, with absolutely no interaction with this joke of a professor. He doesn't know how the online class program works. He gives "multiple choice" questions with ten possible fucking answers that make me second guess myself constantly. His lectures and the book chapters don't cover jack **** of his tests, yet he insists on us watching and reading the pieces of ****.

He makes it so each question of his tests are on their own page and there is no way for me to go back. If I have a eureka moment and realize I messed up on a previous question? Tough fucking ****. Which is bullshit, if this was a paper exam in person he would take the exam away from me if I tried to go back a few pages.

What makes this worse is that this is my last quarter before I graduate and transfer to a university. My other classes are going fine. However, if I fail this godforsaken class, I can't graduate and it fucks up my plans with my transfer, which I've already paid for and gotten my housing and ****. My future and finances rest on my slowly declining grade in a fucking ASTRONOMY class!

If I had a time machine, I'd go back in time and kick my adviser's teeth in for suggesting the class for being "easy and fun class to take before graduation". **** her.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
I wish i had an astronomy class.
I love all things space:
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Trust me, so did I. He ruined me.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Surely he has some sort of office hours?  I'd be hounding him for help if things were that dire.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
When I was younger I, like any student, hated classes with teachers that were seemingly out to screw their students.  What I really hated was that in the real world you don't have to put up with bullshit like that.

Well that was a bunch of a naive nonsense from a kid that didn't know dick.  In the real world you totally have to deal with bullshit like that.  You'll run into bureaucrats that will throw up roadblocks, jerk bosses that set you up to fail, co-workers that don't pull their weight and drag you down with them.

So I guess the lesson is "life sucks"?  ****, this post didn't start off intending to be such a downer.  Well I guess you can have some comfort in knowing that this sort of unfair bullshit happens to pretty much everybody at any point in life.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
You should have outgrown the thinking that everyone are out to get you, because people mostly don't give a **** about you. By adolescence the thought that entire Universe revolves around you, should have been long gone from your mind and if it's still there, the very same Cosmos should you help with realizing how small and meaningless your existence is in the grand picture.

Ranting and moping about how "life sucks" won't help you with anything. Manning up and studying/working hard will do.

The biggest advice i can tell to anyone really is -- stop wasting your time. I often was astonished at how inefficient people can be -- spending up to four hours just to drink a tea and do nothing fully knowing that they have class project to finish by next morning. Think like you're Jack Bauer and have only 24 hours to save the world, make every minute count (both for work and your personal entertainment).

The other advice is to be a decent human being and realize that teachers in the end are humans too (surprise!). I can't tell you how many "automatic A"-s i got back in university, simply because i was humble and related to them as people. Oh and finishing up all projects way before everyone else helped with that too.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Azeke's advice tl;dr version: Be a nerd and suck up to your teachers.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline azeke

• View Profile
Beats being a loser in life.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
You should have outgrown the thinking that everyone are out to get you, because people mostly don't give a **** about you.

Is this aimed at my comment?  I don't think everyone is out to get me.  In fact probably no one currently is and it's pretty rare when that happens.  But unfair bullshit like a dipshit teacher with stupid policies that can jerk you around?  That **** comes up all through life.  When I was younger I thought the real world was more fair than school and that was totally delusional.  Every once in a while that sort of thing creeps into your life and you have to work though it.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
I've had classes that I thought for sure I would fail. The tests had nothing to do with what was learned in class or studied in homework. Those kinds of teachers drove me nuts but it usually turned out ok. I always wonder how people like the one in the OP sneak into their position. The people I know studying to become teachers are always energetic, young, hardworking types that jump through hoops to get credentialed.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.