Author Topic: Episode 264: All Good Things...  (Read 16059 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 264: All Good Things...
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 12:50:54 AM »

I was surprised however that you didn't give NoE a bit of stick when Paper Mario was brought up - it never came out in the UK if you remember! ("screw 'em they never play Mario RPG anyways", was probably the thinking there)

Sorry, I don't believe this is true - I'm a UK gamer (and UK only, unlike Greg), and I played the hell out of the first Paper Mario. Maybe you're getting confused and there was simply a large delay?

You're totally right! I just checked wiki and it came out a month after the GameCube was launched in Japan (which is when I imported mine).
So for me, yeah, it didn't exist.
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:14 AM »
Talk about national betrayal.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2011, 04:14:47 AM »
I took it in the **** from NoE for 3 generations, the N64 was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Have you played an N64 with PAL borders? It's like fake-widescreen!

Oh and back to Paper Mario and it's ridiculously late release, by that time the N64 was SO dead in the water, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even put on store shelves, except maybe in a corner near the 3rd party accessories.
If you look back on every Nintendo system it's the same deal - awesome games released a few weeks before after the predecessor console comes out...
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
Have you played an N64 with PAL borders? It's like fake-widescreen!

This is what pisses me off about Fox primetime shows and many "widescreen" DVDs. I don't like watching TV or movies and seeing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, it's basically wasting 20% of the screen.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20