Author Topic: No PSP, please!!  (Read 9331 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
No PSP, please!!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2003, 09:53:44 PM »
If it'll shut you up, then yes, I am wrong, Actor. And I'm also g a y and retarded and whatever else you want to believe about me.

And to anyone who feels like using the "competition promotes good games" argument against me, face the facts- Sony's not going to release NEAR as many 1st party games for the PSP as Nintendo does the GBA, and yet fewer are even going to be any good. You know what that does? That'll show 3rd parties that they don't have anyone to compete with on the PSP and can half ass their games and still know they'll sell, while on the GBA they actually have to make GOOD games to get GOOD sales, because just about everything with the Nintendo name on it is known to be acceptional. Competition is msot effective when the best developers have the best sales because it makes everyone else strive to match that level of quality. With no standardization like that on the PSP, expect a plethora of horrible games, the same horrible games that plague the home console industry.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ActorJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: No PSP, please!!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2003, 12:19:06 PM »
fact is, you are just determined to hate the PSP no matter what. Far be it for logic, or senesibilty to enter into your argument.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
No PSP, please!!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2003, 12:22:05 PM »
I don't hate the PSP, Actor- I hate the concept of a new handheld. If the PSP was the established handheld and the GBA was the one trying to break the market, I'd be just as pissed. Now why don't you go find some ants to squish so you can satisfy your need to create chaos.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline CastlevaniaFreak

• View Profile
No PSP, please!!
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2003, 10:07:06 PM »
I have been hearing alot of negative things about the PSP, I can also understand the price imaginations/concerns of people and their pocket books.

I bought my GBA platinum for only one reason ( oh yea and a camping trip to the USA along with a freshly bought PS One with Sony LCD screen,yea all the creature comforts baby ),so I could relive all the days of my SNES/Genesis ( yea it has a good number of sega G titles ) 2D awsome  fun.

People could say,oh just get a SNES or a Genesis,this is easy on ebay but how many people want old yellow snes machines and games without the boxes and instructions ( yea maybe thats a little excesive,but I am a COLLECTOR ),besides its great to have alot of those old same games UPDATED ( like the marios ) and 4 swords and all that crap,in MINI carts.

Right now,I am looking forward the most to the GBA Player for my GC,that is one nice thing I can say about Nintendos latest console,it will OFFICIALY be a fully 2D and 3d ( or modern ) console.

Thats something that none of the others can put a mark on right now, unless you count the ps2 playing ps1 but those are PAST games .

If it is true the PSP will be pretty much a PS1,then that could be good and bad,lets take a fresh breath and look at the REAL picture here,A CONSOLE becomes good because of the GAMES and SUPPORT it has,this is why the n64 although being a good machine,had poor sales compared to alot of the ps1...the ps1 wasnt that great as a machine,but it sure ran circles around the n64 for the quality GAMES it had,of course what I mean is,the utter LACK of any rpgs or 2d shooters that the PSone had.

So now we come to a new WAR,the gameboy has been around a longgg time,it has some good support from developers who make some great titles for sony also.

The thing is, GBA right now is pretty much QUALITY 2d ( 90% of the time anyway,since we wont count barbie or anything )games,and if the PSP is a PSone only this time literly handheld portable,then what may actualy happen is, they will start making some good old classics the likes we saw on the psx.

Or what also could happen is,Nintendo could come out with a new GBA that is around the power of a n64,thus destroying all the fun 2d games that we get right now if sony were to start putting garbage looking psx quality 3d games on the PSP.

Its realy hard to say,although knowing sony,I am sure it will be able to use other media forms than just games,which is nothing bad at all.

All that actualy matters to me right now is,still getting all these 2d remakes and new 2d adventures,cause lets face it 2d fans...we might not consider 2d dead,but the herd mentality sure DOES and the market!

I think what still makes me laugh though is I own a GBA,GC,PS 1,PS2 and a PC.

You wanna know which 2 I play the most ? PSX and GBA

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2003, 10:10:33 PM »
why not play the psx games on ps2? unless you travel around alot i guess..

Offline CastlevaniaFreak

• View Profile
No PSP, please!!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2003, 10:16:30 PM »
Well...ok I actualy play them all on ePSXe,why ?

Because there is nothing like playing all those titles at 1280x in 32bit color

Now only if TV's could do this...drools

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2003, 10:25:06 PM »
ePSXe = emulater for psx?

Offline CastlevaniaFreak

• View Profile