Author Topic: Next Gen Ideas from HereticPB!  (Read 4730 times)

Offline HereticPB

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Next Gen Ideas from HereticPB!
« on: May 21, 2003, 01:14:41 PM »
One topic I had posted got me to thinking about Nintendo and what they can do!

“
Anyhow I see it as this:

1. Nintendo needs to advertise plain and simple! One or Two commercials on TV ever 3 hours or so isn't gonna cut it! People have no clue what a GameCube is!

2. They need to go back to the drawing board and make up some new Characters!

3. They need to use their characters that they got. Which they have been doing!

4. They need to realize that kids 5 -16 are not the same as in the 80's. Kids now are 3x more mature than when I was a younger kid! A younger appearance to the game as well as language and structure isn't gonna help them.

5. They need third party support up the arse! I think they are on the correct path. A easier, faster design and programming system with GC double that for the Next system!

6. Yes Nintendo do the opposite of what you say! They say that graphics are so good now it seems like your watching TV! And there is no more room for improvement! BS! Make it look almost exactly like TV or real life! But also have the Nintendo Game play in it. Make the games super unbelievably realistic! So where people look at it like whoa! What movie or TV show is this? Um it’s not a movie or TV show it’s a game! That Demo with the walking Tree Remember!

Holy S***!

7. People have to realize that Mario games are not supposed to be in the realm of reality! Mario is in a cartoon world! It should and never be in full realistic world!

8. The next system should have a design that will blow everybody away but in that cool factor (of the teens) not the WTF is that factor! Don't put a DVD player in it! DVD player is a BS concept in the next Gen cause most if not all people will have a DVD player! Why waist the time and money for one if people have one!

9. Connectivity - throw it out! I don't think this works! Nobody is gonna buy a GC to connect to a GBA or vice versa! Just another gimmick to get more money! STOP THAT!

10. More games but with Quality of the past! Hire 20,000 people to work on games! I know there are a lot of people out there that know how to program. It wouldn't be hard to find people to work on games! Pay becomes a problem. Creating a Studio in Tokyo for instance! Bingo! “

http://www.mogusland.com/forums/sho...s=&postid=56815

Well last night I had a brainstorm on what Nintendo can do to help their situation! Clock goes around and around 4 AM bam it smacks me in the face with like a bat!

Nintendo needs to go back to its roots! Now let me ask you a question. What started Nintendo off way back when? The answer Mario and Donkey Kong!

I see it as if Nintendo created two huge games of Mario and Donkey Kong for their next system.

I’ll start with Mario:

A new Mario game much of the game has similar stuff to the older NES/SNES games but in full (now hear me it’s a change) 3D Realistic world.

I believe Nintendo should bring back the Castle Dungeon levels but in total 3d. Remember? The fireball swords that swung around golden blocks to hurt Mario and the Koopa fireballs that whooshed by at varying levels where Mario had to jump to survive.

Swimming levels remember the old swimming level with the Fish, squid, and coins! (Remember 3d) Bring back the Flag jump and a point system of some kind. Underwater there are currents and sharks that mess with Mario. Walk through a pipe and when your done. A Massive water world separated with different levels!
Desert Levels, sand storms, Pyramids. Snow levels, snowstorms, ice

Put all aspects of every old Nintendo game in this new game! Bring back Cape Mario, Raccoon Mario, Hammer Mario, Fireball, Small/big Mario, POW, and fruit. Bring the beanstalks back, clouds, cannons, 1-UP, X-UP, Mushrooms (Hehehe), Yoshi, coins. Last but not least trick levels!

Boss fights- Bring the whole Koopa family back. And yes you will be rescuing the princes.

Now for the multiplayer stuff! 2 – 4 player co-ops, VS, Luigi as 2nd player and an added bonus Mario Bros in 3d!

NO COLLECTING COINS (unless for points and lives), STARS, SPRITES!

DONKEY KONG:

A total new adventure for Donkey Kong and his crew!

“Donkey Kong would be really sweet in a full 3d realistic world. With monkeys swinging through trees, Wind blowing through trees, birds singing, hear animals from the ground, snapping twigs you listen to here if a boss battles is near etc, etc.â€

Caves, Jungle, Snow capped Mountain peaks, abandoned cities, snow levels Bring the barrels back, coins (no collecting), the rail cars, Your animal friends, the Ostrich, Dolphins, etc. NO COLLECTING!

2 – 4-player co-op, vs., Classic Donkey Kong in 3d. It would be much like Donkey Kong Country on SNES but in full realistic 3d!

Now an old classic from another system that might be cool!

Sewer Sam- This game came out on the Intellivision system by Mattel around the time of Atari or even before. Not sure on the timing! Anyhow it’s your job to clean or fix stuff in the sewer! Anyhow on your way you are confronted with bats, snake, Gators, and traps. There are dry levels and water levels. You can climb up the wall and shoot the enemies with a very uncommon thing in games now days a gun. There are different pathways you can take and even pop out a sewer cap.

Thats the first part there is more! I thought I give some people a break from reading 3 pages lol!

---------

Nintendo needs to revive some old classics as well as ask for some classics from other game makers!

First thing Nintendo needs a sports Franchise!! They need realistic sports as well as Fantasy sports! Nintendo should have very accurate and up to date sports.
Soccer, Baseball, basketball, football, rugby, Boxing, Bowling, Nintendo Word Cup, Mario Baseball, Mario Soccer, Volleyball, etc.

Second they need Support for racing titles! Nascar, F1, Rally, Monster Trucks, Drag racing, motorcycle racing,

Third a fighting division: They need some good fighting games on there systems! Realistic and Fantasy something like KI (or something like it), Smash Bros, Maybe some Karate games, etc.

Fourth: Classics they need classics!
Double Dragon, Bad Dudes, Ninja Gaiden, Altered Beast, P.O.W, ICE Climber, Afterburner, Thunder blade, Mappy Land, Skate or die, Super Dodge ball, Gunsmoke, Gumshoe, City Connection, Bubble Bobble, Ikari Warriors, Karnov, Kid Icarus, RadRacer, R.B.I Baseball, Toobin, BurgerTime, Paperboy, Marble madness, and others!

Fifth: Change the Nintendo Logo! The round oval Nintendo thing is cool but something totally different.

Sixth: A total new system to handle very, very, very complex scenes and graphics. Networking ability, and online Gaming!  
Visit my sites
| Nintendo Centrum | NC Forums |

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Next Gen Nintendo Ideas. Must read!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 06:00:53 AM »
You know, this is actually easier said than done. Nintendo has said all of this, and I guess they've done something about it, but it's not as easy as wishing.
Mind you, I wish Nintendo did things to get the mainstream in as well.
They've done some things, just not enough of those some things.

And why should Nintendo change their logo? And what would they change it to?
And some of those classics are just too old to warrant a new game being made, or too crap.
And all of that really needs teh kind of 3rd party support Nintendo USED to have.
Unless they can get every single one of them back, then well, there's no point.

And if you had a DK/Mario game with no collecting, what the hell can you do? it would basically become some boring jumping game with some enemies every now and then.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, though, I agree with you, but only in some really fanboy-ish way.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 10:04:28 AM »
change the logo? DO YOU HAVE BRAIN WORMS?! thats like saying oh we dont want to be nintendo anymore lets give up and become another mature title spewing company
blergh
also grey ninja would hten have another tattoo to get, did you even think of him? geez
change the logo -_______- pahleze, thats nintendo, its so regoniseable, now way should they change it

3rd party they are working on, and doing an admirable job in my opinion, resident evil series being exclusive, big deals with EA, a FF game coming, and other deals that have sliped my mind

also with the connectivity, they are only really starting to push it now, and their big connectivity titles arn't even out yet, so how can you say that it doesn't work? if you are just taking the general consensus from perhaps negative veiws from forum users thats not really a scope of the gameplaying market, as forum users generally whine about everything..

Offline HereticPB

• View Profile
Next Gen Nintendo Ideas. Must read!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 01:07:33 PM »
I'm not saying to change the name just how its displayed! Its Nintendo face that but Change it from the old school oval Nintendo to something different!

See it now
Visit my sites

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 01:31:24 PM »
I hate exclamation points.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 06:25:10 PM »
Dude, you totally contridict yourself.  One minute you say that people need to realize that Mario not supposed to be in the realm of reality, and then the next minute you say put him in a 3d realistic world.  That would be terrible.  Oh, and why should Nintendo change their logo?  Do you want them to have some crap logo like the new Konami logo?  I mean, that logo was classic and was bastardized into the red on white name they have now.  It's sad, and Nintendo wouldn't change their logo for the world.
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline HereticPB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 11:39:05 PM »
If you people could read maybe you would see. They are two types of topics in this! I took one of mine from a few days ago and I had changed my idea.

"A new Mario game much of the game has similar stuff to the older NES/SNES games but in full *********(now hear me it’s a change)********* 3D Realistic world."

HtPB
Visit my sites

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 01:15:26 AM »
you dont change a recognisable icon, its just silly, you scan a shelf and you notice the red oval of nintendo.

no no no dont change it, i cant rant enough about this, but as my breakfast burrito is congealing rapidly ill be brief

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 02:07:20 PM »
Heteric, first of all, why would you do that? and second if you are going to combine two ideas, it might be a good thing to make them agree with each other

"7. People have to realize that Mario games are not supposed to be in the realm of reality! Mario is in a cartoon world! It should and never be in full realistic world! "

"A new Mario game much of the game has similar stuff to the older NES/SNES games but in full *********(now hear me it’s a change)********* 3D Realistic world."

Offline HereticPB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 08:18:20 PM »
God damn can't you guys read! They are two different posts one from like two weeks ago and one just a few days ago I changed my mind!

Thats the damn reason why I left these boards in the first place people are just to damn stupid on here.

Im sorry if Im bashing but god damn.

Visit my sites

Offline Tael

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2003, 09:28:26 PM »

Originally posted by: HereticPB
Thats the damn reason why I left these boards in the first place people are just to damn stupid on here.
You can't run away from yourself.

Seriously though, some of your ideas are based around making Nintendo not be Nintendo. They might as well close down or be bought out if they're just going to act exactly like the competition. Probably the only decent points you made are when you mention the need for extra third party support and new franchises, but you're blind if you can't see that Nintendo is working on that.  

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2003, 07:25:14 AM »
Heretic---People would actually understand what you were talking about if you clearly separated the posts (or just not include the old one at all).  As it is, all of your ideas are jumbled together with a lot of exclamation points and contradictory statements.  Just separate the ideas CLEARLY, and all would be well.  The problem has nothing to do with our ability to read.  It has to do with your ability to express ideas clearly and logically.  Now anyway...

Nintendo I'm sure has a plan.  Is it an out-of-touch plan?  Hopefully not.  

What's that smell?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2003, 09:11:32 AM »
I'd like to see an old-style 2D-platformer Mario. No real story or such unnecessary stuff, pure Jump and Run. Like the old Super Mario Bros. games.
Also, Donkey Kong seems like a nice idea to me. But not Donkey Kong Country, the old, classic Donkey Kong. You remember the GB-DK? Well, that's my favourite GB game. Jump'n'Run, puzzles, many stages, ...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2003, 02:03:11 PM »
Good one, Tael

I'll let Nintendo do what they want with the next system.  Chances are, it'll be better than anything I can think of by myself.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2003, 09:29:40 PM »
i think Mario can be surrealistic and be eye candy at the same time.  And i loved Konami's old logo....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 11:55:52 AM »

Kids now are 3x more mature than when I was a younger kid!

That is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Kids aren't more mature now, infact the exact opposite is true. They are also less intelligent now, and significantly so.

Kids today are stupid and immature.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 01:07:39 PM »
yes its really wierd i remember 6 years ago meeting 6 yeatr olds at stores andf they absolutely loved mario and were better at games hten me. Now we see all these 12 year olds(do the math) flooding forums with silly stupid crap and when i meet little kids at stores now their fucking retarted and they can't figure games out. What the fuck happened!???

Offline HereticPB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 04:08:34 PM »
Mature doesn't necessarly mean smarter or stupider. Koopa Troopa!

But im tired of Jawing with you lame asses.
Visit my sites

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2003, 07:05:53 PM »
Heretic, just because people don't agree with you does not make them lame asses.  Comments like those will get this topic closed.  Anyway on to my point.  Your claim that children are 3x as mature now as they were before is completely wrong statement in general.  Children are not more mature then they were when any of us were kids.  If anything, kids have gotten less mature because they worry so much about not playing kiddy games.  Back when I was young, kids never thought games were mature or kiddy.  Games were just games then.  What really is shown nowadays, is how immature people can be.  "Oh, Mario Sunshine has Sunshine in the name, it's so g a y."  I hear this statement from Xbox fanboys all the time and it's really irratating.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2003, 09:55:59 PM »
hehe kids are a very strange breed now adays..they are so heaivlly influenced by everthing..why there is no quality programing on like nickelodeon so they turn it to MTV.

When i was younger hooking up meant going out..or beign set up by a friend now it means fucking. Language changes i guess, but kids talk about stuff i wasn't even aware of when their like 5.
Its crap if you ask me. Kids still aren't mature, but their less innocent.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2003, 02:14:27 PM »
i think that nitendo should keep their logo, but make it silver or something. or chrome u know? people nowadays love silver stuff (i personally think that it getting TOO much silver). look how cool the nintendo logo looks on the SP. its a silver sticker. SHINY STUFF= pretty. lol. i dunno. i dont think that nintendo should EVER change their original logo though. unless they REALLY needed to. the bright red just doesnt look appealing to many people nowadays. im okay with it, but ya.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2003, 01:17:09 PM »
hehe theyve put it in chrome before...nintendo doesnt always use red for their logo..iv seen it purple..chrome...gold...etc...