Author Topic: Bands  (Read 35958 times)

Bands
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2003, 03:43:51 PM »
Top of my list would have to be Living sacrifice, next would be Metallica and alive in chains. and next is mortification or nirvana. Then any 70s and 80s rock/metal bands. Keep on rocking in the free world! theres too many others to name but you the picture. Bottem of my list would be the band that plays bring me to life or somthing, that song gets over played from where Im at. but what do you guys care, why would any one want to know what i listen to.
I need to pray about it

Offline Kraven

• One of the goofier Spider-Man villains
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2003, 07:36:12 PM »
Music really does suck nowadays.  Some bands are good like Linkin Park and Everclear but its all the same.  I cant stand any of this new "punk" stuff like Good Charlotte and stuff like that. You cannot be punk if you are mainstream.  I also cannot stand rap.  I wise person once told me "you cannot spell crap without rap."  We need a musical revolution, something like Nirvana or The Beatles.  You can also never go wrong with Weird Al.  Also about ticket prices, i saw Pearl Jam(awesome) in April for $35 and Everclear(excellent)/Authority Zero(very good) and The Exies (who sucked) for $20

Favorite Bands(not in any order but if u care Nirvana is my absolute favorite):
                       Everclear
                       Nirvana
                       Pearl Jam
                       Linkin Park
                       The White Stripes
                       The Rolling Stones
                       Led Zeppelin
                       The Beatles
                       Soundgarden
                       Audioslave
                       RHCP (older stuff)
                       Weird Al (not really a band)
                       Jimi Hendrix
                       Authority Zero

Bands
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2003, 12:50:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Dethroned Emperor
hey Johnny Wonderpants, I just recently got into Opeth. they did a cover of Celtic Frost's "Circle Of The Tyrants" I just picked up "Damnation" and I'll be seeing them on tour in DC on 7.21. the new album is definitely one of the best I've heard so far this year. right behind the new Type O Negative album "Life Is Killing Me" Type O rules!!!

Hey, Damnation is kick arse, definitely, but it's their worst IMO. My Arms, Your Hearse is my favourite.

@Kraven. All the same except Linkin Park and Everclear? Linkin Park are just another Nu Metal bands with little to no skill, and Everclear are the biggest Nirvana ripoff I've ever heard...

I'm too metal to have a signature...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2003, 08:02:54 AM »
I must agree with Johnny there.  Linkin Park wants to make me. . . cut off my ears and bite out their tongues.  And then poke their eyes out just for good measure.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Kraven

• One of the goofier Spider-Man villains
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2003, 09:04:47 AM »
@ Johnny, Everclear does not sound like Nirvana.  Have you ever listened to their cd's? And what is so bad about Linkin Park?  They are better than most of the crap out today i.e Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte and all those "punk" bands.  And Linkin Park does have skill.  They write all their own music, perform all their instruments, and write all the stuff in the background. What is the definition of "nu-metal"? Is it a band that combines metal and rap or something?  If it is what other bands besides Linkin Park are there? Limp Bizkit? They sold out years ago.    

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2003, 01:49:55 PM »
I hear rcok/rap all the time, but by who I don't know.  I don't mind the rest of your choices (I either like them or don't know what they sing), but I despise Linkin Park.  They're annoying (the people in the band), their music is somewhat less than average (at best, even if they do write it), and I'm just not particularly fond of that genre of music.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

RE: Bands
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2003, 07:05:19 PM »
Well I'm only basing it on the Everclear singles that I've heard, so I guess you're one up there. But Nu Metal is where they tune down their guitars in a pathetic attempt to sound heavy, while still being radio friendly. They always play in drop D and play one finger power chords, they include a rapper and/or a DJ.

Linkin Park's singer is an idiot, his vocals are incredibly easy, but he's tearing out his vocal chords singing like that. For what purpose? In addition, the music is bland, repetitive, and you could train monkeys to play their songs. Hell I learnt one step closer on bass in like 10 minutes. Funny how it was just as easy to forget...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2003, 07:35:32 PM »
Heh, Linkin Park are not crap, whether you like them or not. They are a very successful band and they make great music. Your opinions aren't facts.

Bands
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2003, 11:33:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Your opinions aren't facts.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2003, 12:06:23 AM »
linkin park smell he sounds like a little girl *listens to atomic kitten* OH YEAH I R TEH HARDCORE NOW ^_^

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2003, 03:14:25 AM »
One dude I know. . . his taste in music, urgh.  My friend was looking the guy's CD case and laughing, talking about how we needed to get this guy to like real music.  Among the CDs were Creed, Linkin Park, and POD.  There were others, too, but I don't remember.  We always make fun (good fun, not mean fun) of this guy for his music.

But you can like it if you want to.  Just definitely not my taste.  

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
RE:Bands
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2003, 04:41:23 AM »
I went to a bela fleck and the flecktones concert two days ago. Geez, they are the best. THey are sooooooo good talent wise. They play bluegrass/jazz. even if you say you don't like that kind of music, you will like the flecktones. My favorite songs are hoedown, sinister minister and stomping grounds
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2003, 07:35:27 AM »
My favorite bands are CKY, Muse, H.I.M., and Alkaline Trio. IMO pretty much anything that gets on TRL is pure crap. In particular: Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, P.O.D, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Creed, Pink, and anyone from American Idol.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2003, 03:38:12 PM »
What can I do with my permiscuise daughter?

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2003, 04:11:55 PM »
Hahaha. That's one of Cky's best songs, even if it is kind of disturbing.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2003, 12:56:52 PM »
Who is everybody's favoritew guitar players. I know y'all think mine is dave, but i think the best player ever is Tim reynolds. He is just sooooo good. I don't know how he does it.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2003, 01:06:19 PM »
Blah, I have a lot of favorites

Zakk from Ozzie Osbourne
Tom Morello
Josh Homme
Jimi Hendrix
George Harrison

just way too many

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2003, 02:52:01 PM »
mark knopfler! i cant spell his name, but he is good

he also does the newcastle united theme song

Offline getupkids

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2003, 08:20:16 PM »
Get Up Kids
Denison Marrs
MxPx
Dashboard Confessional
Saves The Day
Juliana Theory
stop feeling content from other sites

Offline Oblivious

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2003, 04:53:21 AM »
I don't know any specific guitar players but these are some of my fav bands.

Weird Al Yankovic
Smashmouth
Good Charlotte
Audio Slave
Super Smash Brothers Melee (soundtrack)
U2
lotsa stuff from www.ocremix.org
and I like Dave Matthews Band too.

Does anyone here think of Smashmouth as "kiddie"?

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2003, 07:14:33 AM »
No I don't think Smashmouth is kiddie. I liked one of their songs, but I forget the name...

Anyway, here are my favorite bands/artists:

Christina Aguilera
Britney Spears
Avril Lavigne
t.A.T.u
Swollen Members
Sum 41
Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars
Bif Naked

Go ahead, flame me.
MSN- vicious_child_48@hotmail.com
Add at will pplz!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2003, 07:25:56 AM »
But wouldn't being flamed hurt just as much as being fired?  I've dreaded those two things since I burned my thumb on a stove.
Okay, if it's what you want, here goes..

*gets out flamethrower*

heh heh heh......

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2003, 02:57:30 PM »
That's an itneresting selection there, kitten. The only one I'm fond of there is Sum 41, who're awesome.

Anyway, I'm listening to a collection right now on my computer including these artists:

Pain (far and away the best band ever)
Less than Jake (listening to Gainsville Rock City right now)
At the Drive-In
Sparta
Enya
Queen
Blink 182 (specifically Adam's Song- better than anything else from them IMO)
Smashmouth (Why Can't We Be Friends)
Propaghandi (Ska Sucks)
The Specials
Finch
The Reps
The Pixies (Where Is My Mind)
Something Corporate (I Woke up In A Car)
Gary Jules (Mad World, a Tears For Fears cover)

I'd have some Ataris in there, but I haven't gotten around to putting anything from my CD's on my computer. I should probably put some Beatles and Simon and Garfunkle in, too.

"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2003, 03:18:31 PM »
Wow, dashboard confessional. No offense to them but when I go to a concert I don't want to see a band play one song and then have everyone but the lead singer leave, and then have him play guitar and make emo songs sound worse than they are.

Oh well, weezer came on after, and all was well.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2003, 03:27:46 PM »
Hey, Dashboard's pretty cool (as well as Chris's previous band, Further Seems Forever). I saw Weezer, who's great, Dahsboard, and Sparta in concert. Unfortunatly, I didn't know who Sparta was at the time so I didn't enjoy them near as much as I could have.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill