Author Topic: "Knowing" what we "know" now; thoughts?  (Read 8031 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:"Knowing" what we "know" now; thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 03:32:28 AM »
Ok, Everyone.  We can now read the Revolution Report Faq and comment on it here.  That doesn't change the topic of the thread.  It just means we know more now.  :-)  I also think that any non-new download game should not cross the price boundary into the price for a an actual copy.  So yeah.  Since $19.99 is the lowest MSRP for a Gamecube game than any past system games should not equal or exceed that amount.  It just makes sense that way.  I do have to say though.  Animecyberrat is correct when he says that they have to recoup there lost on the network side of things.   MS uses Live to do this and they had a pretty good infrastructure to begin with.  Nintendo had no current infrastructure for what they want to do.  So the startup cost is going to be large to say the least.  They could do a peer-peer bittorrent type thing but I don't see that.  Even then the startup cost would be more.  I mean just ask Sega about the cost to support a network.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:"Knowing" what we "know" now; thoughts?
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 05:41:51 AM »
to ceric- DAMN SKIPPY.

Anyways I have anetgear router and I dont have many problems, IO get kicked off sometimes forno reasons ( yeah so if were racing and I get discontedted screw you it wasnt cuz I was losing cuz I always lose)

but it works great for my PC. I will havwe to barrow a friends psp and try it out to see if theres similar problems or if it works better. But if its cuz teh DS is so small and it just out puts too much signal for it than the REV wont be an issue cuz I bet anythig it uses more bandwidth and etc than DS.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"