Author Topic: Nintendo vs. (Yet another game idea...)  (Read 1560 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Nintendo vs. (Yet another game idea...)
« on: January 16, 2006, 10:05:31 AM »
Okay, this would be a DS game with single card download play and online multi-player.

I can't really think of much of a way to make it worth buying/playing for single player mode, but the Multi-Player modes could be interesting.

This is kinda an expansion of the Mario vs. Bowser game idea.

Picture you and a friend playing against each other in classic Nintendo battles!

First example would be the Mario vs. Bowser battle of Super Mario World.  Mario Runs around, stunning MechaKoopas and throwing them back at Bower.  Bowser has to try and get Mario - duh, but has a few other issues.  For example, if Bowser doesn't throw a MechaKoopa out of his Clown-Ship in time, the MechaKoopa-making-machine inside will explode - this ending the game for the player playing Bowser.  Also, occasionally while modifying the Clown-Ship for a different mode of attack, Peach will use the distraction to her advantage and escape long enough to throw power-ups to Mario - and if Bowser doesn't quickly put her back underwraps, she'll just keep throwing Power-Ups to Mario!

Now, let's see a classic Donkey Kong style game, one person playing Mario attempting to save Pauline and the second playing DK, throwing barrels down the construction site.  Now, DK's pretty slow, so he can't just throw endless barrels down the ramps, but he can choose when to toss 'em down and, with the touch screen, pick the path they'll take.  And what about a Donkey Kong Jr. game in this style?

Perhaps a Legend of Zelda battle between Link and Ganon, set in the Sacred Realm of Link to the Past - where the Ganon-Player gets  to try to kick Link's butt with his various moves?

Any thoughts?  Games you'd like to add?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo vs. (Yet another game idea...)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:49:10 PM »
I think the whole concept of playing as the bad guy in established franchises is a great idea, espeically for Nintendo games. As for actual game ideas, I enjoyed the Donkey Kong the most. Seems pretty feasible, actually.  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo vs. (Yet another game idea...)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
I dunno... I was just going through my old threads to find the Mario vs. Bowser one and saw this again...  Last time, it was because wandering had bumped it up.  Concidence, I swear!
WOW - it's your lucky day UncleBob..

What's your answer this time? "Concidence, I swear!" OR are you TrueNerd in disguise??

I want answers!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo vs. (Yet another game idea...)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 05:25:20 AM »
Eh?  This was just the thread that I wanted to find the Mario vs. Bowser thread for reference to... ?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.