Author Topic: 2-3 times powerful  (Read 40233 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
2-3 times powerful
« on: December 12, 2005, 12:29:28 PM »

the second picture looks 2-3 times better than the first  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: 2-3 times powerful
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:43:44 PM »
Yes it does?
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:56:28 PM »
I personally think that its unmeasurable how many "X times" is a picture better than other picture.

Seriously the games will look awesome, really, no need to worry .
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:58:50 PM »
if oyu havnt guessed its a joke thread

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
RE:2-3 times powerful
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 01:17:10 PM »
Perm?  When did your brain pop?  I mean I'm just wondering.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 03:39:02 PM »
When you shook the Coke can one time too many.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:52:34 PM »
heh, I've stated this as well in the other thread under this somewhere What's up with perm lately? seems he sniffed all the baking soda outta a volcano project

Maybe he seen Mario Strikers Daisy in her ashorts and went nutz
Otherwise I swear Perm was on LCD or PSP, Acid and angel dust all in one inhaler.

"Edited to further the amusement of 1 hostile "
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 03:58:58 PM »
He sniffs crack.

butt crack

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 04:22:48 PM »
Twisted by the Dark Side? His avatar is mainly black...

Hey Mods, can we get move this thread to the funhouse? More fun will be had over there...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »

Originally posted by: Djunknown
Twisted by the Dark Side? His avatar is mainly black...

Hey Mods, can we get move this thread to THE FUNHOUSE? More fun will be had over there...

don't you guys realize...?  That is your source of evil, the real 'ThePerm' is trapped in The Funhouse.
ThePerm that you you see here is just a reflection of his former self casted out by a Funhouse mirror.

beware of The Funhouse... cause even too much FUN can be a bad thing...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 09:08:43 PM »
"Otherwise I swear Perm was on LCD or PCP, Acid and angel dust all in one inhaler"

This would have been even funnier if you'd said LCD or PSP.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 06:23:03 PM »
no your minds are mush, im on a higher level then you guys now. I made a damn commercial for the system in less then 20 minutes.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 06:31:57 PM »
any idea why did it link Mario all of a sudden after editing ? I didn't do that on my free will. PGC doing this intentionally? lol
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 06:26:43 PM »
this is what it looks like visually  heehheh

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 03:27:51 AM »
ThePerm Where are those pictures from.  Mainly the first one.  I beleive the second one is the GCN RE 4  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 03:45:20 AM »
First pic is an official screenshot from Capcom of Japan that dates before the game was released.

The 2nd one is promo art.  I have the theatrical-size poster of it =D

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »
I can safely say that I would not want a poster of that hanging anywhere.

The one true crime of RE4 is that you yourself can never pick up a chainsaw and go hog-wild with it until it ran out of fuel (which could have been an ammo source, just like bullets).

-SB
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2006, 09:18:45 AM »
This is a regular xbox screen of half-life 2

this is a pc screenshot  of the  same area in half-life 2 thats been scaled down to 640X480, the  standard tv  resolution

half-life is a beautiful game, as you can see it doesnt look  much different between the pc and xbox1.

The differences the  pc  version has  better  textures, the  xbox ones are  blurrier..and  you can  see that  the  shape  is less defined in the head and  especially in the  chess,  alson  note  the l ack of  texturing on  the  controll  panel, but overall  they  look barely any different.

Some  noted perks of the pc  version scaled  down.  The  pc  version was  ay the  max resolution,  but i scaled it down. This creates an artificial anti-aliasing. Retaining the smoothness of  the  pc  version, but at  the same time still remaining at a lower  resolution.

The revolution will be more powerful than current gen systems.  So,  the least you can expect in terms of  graphics are half-life 2  pc quality graphics. That being said, a fixed  format allows more programming tightness and thus better graphics.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 11:43:51 AM »
Sure, both screens get their point across, mainly by 2 things:  the guy's face, and that machine we identify as a computer.

But c'mon, that guy looks like a head sitting on top of an inflated trash bag.  And the computer only has the effect of being a prop, while the PC version appears it MIGHT actually do things.  These things stand out.

Fortunately, RE4 looks better than that (current gen).  To Capcom's credit, graphic details were distributed in such a way that it reduces obvious weaknesses.  Which means we've got a good foundation for "2-3 time powerful".  Including games like F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 2, and Wave Race: Blue Storm into that standard should round things out nicely.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006, 11:56:58 AM »
I didn't know Matthew Broderick was in HL2...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »
lol, i'v been  playing  metroid prime 2 lately and am wizzowed, waverace looks like  balls to  me, f-zero still looks badass.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »
Wave Race is worthy of mention thanks to its fluid dynamics, particularly during thunderstorm weather.

Scientific Explanation:  Your sunglasses are borked =D

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
I'm playing Echoes now too and it looks great.  And plays great.  It's maybe the smoothest fps game I've played.  That's very important too.

Anyway I think Nintendo is a champ at designing games at 480 i/p and making them look good and feel believable  without having to be photo-realistic.  That's what's it about.    

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 04:18:16 PM »
Ok I see this 2-3 times as powerful argument doesnt die, so I thought I make a couple histrorical points that prove that its irrelavent anyways.

First take NES to SNES, the SNES really wasnt a big leap over NES, it mostly was faster and had more ram, better sound chip and mostly highr resolution and more sprites.bigger sprites for more details. Sega Genesis actualy was faster, had slightly less ram, but still had a better graphcis chip and its soundchip was still fairly comparable. When compared side by side it was VERY HARD to prove which system ahd better graphics, they REALLY WERE that close, this is form some one who has BOTH and I have the BEST games form both so I can make comparisons without looking at the tech specs, which I have compared to death also.  

The 'leap' from Genesis to Saturn wasnt that big either. Teh Saturn was desgined as a 2-D system first and teh 3D was added last minute. BUt when comparing 2D capabilities all Saturn did was bsacialy doubled the number of sprites, increased the number of lpaying feilds and improved resolutions and added mreo colors and ram, but when the 3D chips were added all they did was put 2 identical chips and lumped them together. The Saturn actualy DID have more powerful 3D capabilities and MORE RAM than PSx, and some how Sony still managed to make gamse look better on thier system. Having had both and comparing multiplatform games it was obhvious that Saturn was the better system.

Saturn and PS combined were still technologicaly INFERIOR to N64 and yet it still managed to get out sold by PS and only sold better than Saturn because Sega was stupid at marketing and running their business.

This Gen GC was slightly more powerfull than PS2 and a fair less powerfull than Xbox but all three systems were so close that you had a hard time showing which was truely better, the developers did a fine job pushing each systems strengths, making games that look fantastic on all three.

Historicaly GRAPHCIS HAVE NEVER MATTERED.

Take those other competing systems at teh time, Neo Geo was leaps and bounds seperior to SNES and Genesis and yet it failed to catch on despite critical acclaim and awesome games, it lacked mostly in variety as it wasa fighting game machine and everything else was an after thought, but it produced some of the BEST fighting games ever.

3Do was released at same time as Sega CD and long before PS or Saturn and was in direct competition witrh SNES and Genesis/Sega Cd and they all three managed to out sell 3Do for a long time, by the time Ps and saturn came out it was already history.

Also Atari Jaguar with its CD addon was quit capable of producing graphics on par with PS and N64, but developers chose to use the familiar 16bit chip they moronicaly stuck in and caused most games to look bad in comparison.

Original colorless GB out sold 16bit FULL COLOR LinX, fairly colorful game Gear, Full COlor 16 Bit Nomad, and even its own partner 32 Bit Virtual Boy, and that is quit a feat for any system to achieve.

Its pointless to argue with ANYONE over graphcis because they have NEVER mattered when selling a system. I just wish we could accept this and drop this 2-3 times isnt true next gen arugments because its all pointelss, there never has been a line draawn between whats next gen anyways and GFX never are a major decideing factor.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2006, 04:47:27 PM »
as far as sega goes, if  they released a 3d sonic game similar to the nights games..it would have been awesome. I had  xmas nights for saturn and when you unlocked  sonic it was a  pretty badass level. If they just  added some  loops and a track running and interconnecting through  that t ype of world..the  game  would  be a  zillion  times  better  then  sonic  adventure was.