Author Topic: Here there be ponies  (Read 134408 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Here there be ponies
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »
So I kinda forgot to put up the Top Ten videos for July and songs as well and it turned out that it was the best since the person running it came back in January. Here is the July Top ten videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6FD9HAPIQ&feature=plcp

Also note that the full videos are in the links are in the description of the video.

Here is the July Top Ten songs of July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc94jAtf2HQ&feature=plcp

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »
For those that are interested. The entire first season of the show is going to be on Amazon.com and only there for $24.49. It will release on December 4th. Amazon Season 1 Set
Bonus material will be brand new audio commentary with the cast and crew. Also as far as I am aware this is the first time in America that there is a season set. There is others in Australia
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
Well The Hub just put up on their Facebook page that in 30 more days they will announce the date for Season 3 of the show. I am pretty excited for the date and anything that comes out for that.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=415331085182646&set=a.155347071181050.33326.119249468124144&type=1

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
I'm still a bit tepid on this show, but maybe I'll look at one or two episodes if they sound interesting. Sounds like they've got big things down the pipe. Yes, big things indeed...

This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2012, 12:20:41 PM »
Well probably the few episodes I could recommend are Winter Wrap up,Sonic Rainboom Lesson Zero, Return of Harmony part 1 and 2 and The Canterlot Wedding part 1 and 2. Since you played in the Mafia game I would recommend Return of Harmony and The Canterlot Wedding.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #355 on: October 01, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »
Well it was just announced that November Season 3 will be starting. Season 3 has 13 episodes. Megan McCarthy,Cindy Morrow,MA Larson, and Dave Polski are going to be the writers for the season.McCarthy will be the showrunner for the season.

These are the episodes each writer has written in the series.
Megan McCarthy:Dragonshy,Call of the Cutie, Green isn't your Color,Party of One,Lesson Zero,Sweet and Elite,Hearts and Hooves Day, and A Canterlot Wedding part 1 and 2.

Cindy Morrow:Griffon the Brushoff,Winter Wrap Up,The Show Stoppers,Owl's Well and Ends Well,Sisterhooves Social,Family Appreciation Day, Read it and Weep, and Hurricane Fluttershy.

MA Larson:Swarm of the Century,Sonic Rainboom,The Cutie Mark Chronicles,The Return of Harmony part 1 and 2,Luna Eclipsed,Secret of my Excess,The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, It's About Time,Ponyville Confidential.

Dave Polsky:Feeling Pinkie Keen and Over a Barrel.

San Diego Comic Con 2012 had a panel and they showed some Season 3 stuff if you want to look for that. Other then that they have been quiet about Season 3.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2012, 04:50:22 AM »
Well this was just uploaded just now. It is a take on the "Two Best Friends Play" series on youtube but it is Luna and Celestia and them playing games.

This is Resident Evil 4. They have Portal 2 and Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood as well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #357 on: October 06, 2012, 05:24:25 PM »
So for those waiting for the MLP comic like myself it has been pushed back slightly because of demand. There is lots of preorders for it and it got pushed back to fill the demand. The artist of it made a journal entry about it. November 28 is the new street date.
 http://andypriceart.deviantart.com/journal/Important-News-on-the-MLP-Comic-331014657

So the main stuff in November are Equestria LA, MLP Comic, and Season 3.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2012, 07:52:55 AM »
Well The Top Ten videos of the month of September have been voted on and posted. Also the runner of the top ten videos will be going going away again to do some real life stuff again like college. The new runner of the video for next month will jhaller2.

Here is the September's videos.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Da Jarvis

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
Intersting that it took me this long to find a Pony thread in this board xD.

Anyways, anyone know when Season 3 is going to start? I remember one of the songs was released online by Hasbro, but aside from that, I haven't heard anything.
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6986-6300

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 09, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »
Intersting that it took me this long to find a Pony thread in this board xD.

Anyways, anyone know when Season 3 is going to start? I remember one of the songs was released online by Hasbro, but aside from that, I haven't heard anything.
From an earlier post we know November.  My Wife is excited.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #361 on: October 09, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
Yeah November is the month at the moment. Haven't had a solid date yet but New York Comic Con is this week On October 11 to the 14th and there is going to be a panel there and I am guessing there will be a solid set date announced there. Just a guess on my part. I did listen to the 2 songs from San Diego Comic Con and they are pretty good.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2012, 09:07:42 AM »
For those not in the know today 2 years ago the show aired on The Hub and also the channel launched and well it pretty much went everywhere afterwards. I went through the Equestria Daily archives and there was lots of forums that had MLP:FIM threads. I will say that most of them were quite expansive.

In any case I found a pretty nice banner someone made on DA for the occasion.

That was done in about 3 hours.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Da Jarvis

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
In any case I found a pretty nice banner someone made on DA for the occasion.

Wow. That looks incredible. The art, music, and video content the community constatnly creates is one of the best things about being into the show. Even though I have been waiting for Season 3, I think the fan-made content has held me over pretty well :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:39:35 PM by Da Jarvis »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
Well The Top Ten videos of the month of September have been voted on and posted. Also the runner of the top ten videos will be going going away again to do some real life stuff again like college. The new runner of the video for next month will jhaller2.

Here is the September's videos.

Well if that ain't a knock-off of Franky from One Piece at 10:33, or right on the video image before it's clicked.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Yep Jarvis that is one of the things that brought me into the fanbase back in August of 2011. This is actually my first time having to wait for the new episodes since I came into the show just as the Season 2 openers were starting to air.

Not really sure if that is the case but that is pretty close so I asked the creator about it. Few subtile references I can see in that video. AppleJack is Samurai Jack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are Ryu and Ken, In the Pinkie Pie part at the 11:45 mark is a reference to one of his previous videos which is a reference to the Power Puff Girls.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »
not to mention the epic (and obvious) parappa the rapper crossover with rainbow dash and fluttershy (who are ryu and dan i think). but yeah, considering all the references, the guy at 10:33 is probably supposed to be a nod to Franky.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:41:24 PM by Lithium »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #367 on: October 10, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »
Ah you are probably right Lithium. See this is also one of the things I love about the community. It brings music, cartoons, and many of the things I grew up with and put them into the fan projects.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Da Jarvis

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #368 on: October 10, 2012, 10:50:09 PM »
I finally got a chance to watch Friendship was Magic (I think it was like 3rd or 2nd place in the top 10 of September) and maybe it's because I really like Bebop, but I feel that video is done really well!
You know Maxi, I got into the series for the same reason. Back when Season 1 had just finished, I watched the show with some friends based on some of the PMV's that I had seen and I was just shocked at how enjoyable the show is! Then again, anything done by people with that much animation experience is hard to top.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »
Friendship was Magic got 2nd by 1 vote. The top 3 votes in September Top Ten was only separated by 3 votes. Here was 3rd place.

I actually got to see a sneak peak of a little of it in a livestream and it its really cool. Feedsy who did this showed some of the things that inspired this type of PMV. He also did the Ponies Royale video that I linked to earlier in the thread. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Da Jarvis

• View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2012, 11:50:11 PM »
Friendship was Magic got 2nd by 1 vote. The top 3 votes in September Top Ten was only separated by 3 votes. Here was 3rd place.

You know, I really liked this one too. It wasn't what you find in your typical PMV and it's a really catchy song!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #371 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »
Yep Feedsy is one of my fave PMV artists in the community because he has a certain style to it.

I made a PMV and Animation playlist which currently is about a hour long. The PMVs and animations have to be as good as the video Disconnected on the playlist to be put on there.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB5B45BE2495C70C6&feature=mh_lolz
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #372 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
Here is the Top Ten Brony Songs of September

Gotta say Number 1 was my fave this month.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
NYCC MLP:FIM Panel
« Reply #373 on: October 11, 2012, 08:45:40 PM »
Well there was a panel today at NYCC for the show and I will get this out of the way first there wasn't a release date announced for Season 3 an exact date for it.

There was lots of possible spoilers for season 3 so I am linking them instead of posting them all here. http://www.mlponies.com/2012/10/11/new-york-comic-con-panel-details/

Here is the whole panel and many of the responses to it in the comments as videos.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/full-new-york-comic-con-2012-panel.html#more

Full Season 3 clip without the audience.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=946725347899

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:56:45 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Season 3 has been confirmed for November 10th 2012
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2012, 01:22:03 PM »
http://family-room.ew.com/2012/10/18/my-little-pony-season-3-premiere/#disqus_thread Entertainment weekly got the scoop first and has been confirmed by The Hubs twitter and Facebook pages.

https://twitter.com/HubTVNetwork/status/258970326543781888 and http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=424568707592217&set=a.155347071181050.33326.119249468124144&type=1&theater

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/season-3-potential-air-date-yay.html#idc-container

Pretty excited for season 3 and by the sound of the Entertainment weekly article it sounds like the episodes may be a little longer then the usual 22 minute format. I also can't wait to see what is going to be in the upcoming season as far as expanding the world goes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:40:39 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss