Author Topic: Pokemon R/S: Infinite Jurachi trick?  (Read 2733 times)

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S: Infinite Jurachi trick?
« on: March 01, 2004, 12:47:27 PM »
I don't have Pokemon R/S or the bonus disc that can give you a free Jurachi to test this, but I just thought up this trick, and if I'm right, it should work.

The bonus disc can give one, and only one, free Jurachi to any Pokemon R/S cart you hook it up to, at the same time as it gives you a fix for the one-year-bug that stops time-based events from happening one year after the cart was assembled, right?

The bonus disc knows if you've already gotten a free Jurachi, even if you trade it away, or start a new savegame, because your bug is still fixed.

But IIRC, there was a low-tech way around the bug.

If you got a gamebit screwdriver, opened the cart, removed the battery for a few seconds (making sure to trade your Pokemon off first), and then put the battery back in, the cart would be reset to it's original factory specs, and you'd be able to ward off the bug for a full year.

So, you can fix your cart and get a free Jurachi. Trade him off, remove the battery, and let your cart reset itself. Fix the cart again, and you can most likely get another free Jurachi. Trade him off again, and continue the process for as many free Jurachi as you'd like.

Should work, no?
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Pokemon R/S: Infinite Jurachi trick?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 03:17:52 PM »
Ehh... even though this sounds like the biggest waste of time ever.  BOOOOO to all cheating... especially in pokemon.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 08:13:40 PM »
Who cares? It's not like Pokemon is a big MMO game or something.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 06:13:12 AM »
Which is why I'm glad there isn't a Pokemon MMORPG in existance...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ZeroWil

• View Profile
RE:Pokemon R/S: Infinite Jurachi trick?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 01:22:24 PM »

Originally posted by: ruby_onix
I don't have Pokemon R/S or the bonus disc that can give you a free Jurachi to test this, but I just thought up this trick, and if I'm right, it should work.

The bonus disc can give one, and only one, free Jurachi to any Pokemon R/S cart you hook it up to, at the same time as it gives you a fix for the one-year-bug that stops time-based events from happening one year after the cart was assembled, right?

The bonus disc knows if you've already gotten a free Jurachi, even if you trade it away, or start a new savegame, because your bug is still fixed.

But IIRC, there was a low-tech way around the bug.

If you got a gamebit screwdriver, opened the cart, removed the battery for a few seconds (making sure to trade your Pokemon off first), and then put the battery back in, the cart would be reset to it's original factory specs, and you'd be able to ward off the bug for a full year.

So, you can fix your cart and get a free Jurachi. Trade him off, remove the battery, and let your cart reset itself. Fix the cart again, and you can most likely get another free Jurachi. Trade him off again, and continue the process for as many free Jurachi as you'd like.

Should work, no?

You can use it as many times as you want. My friend reserved Pokemon Colosseum and when he got the Bonus Disk, he used it twice. He and his brother both have the two versions of Pokemon.
But! There's another way to get Jirachi. If you get an Action Replay, Version 3.3, you can get Jirachi and Dioxis. That version of the action replay also allows you to get evry Pokemon. So you can use the Bonus Disk or use the Action Replay Versin 3.3.  
Join my Nintendo forum at Nintendo Universe
You're gonna' like it. Oh... I'll make you like it. Even has some extra surprises in it.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 01:23:54 PM »
Cheaters never win.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 06:23:04 PM »
You cheaters are no match for my army of Metapods.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 02:20:02 AM »
HARDNESS!

HARDNESS!!

MAXIMUM HARDNESS!!!

pokemon is damn hawt, oh and action replay FAIL.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »
Actually, it's "Harden," not "Hardness," you dirty man...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 04:41:24 PM »
why would you want infinite jirachi's he's not that good.  He's decent but not someone you want 6 of in your party.
PikkCuber