Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 463781 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2003, 11:54:28 AM »
... Erm, BAM! It's back! Like... Magic!

Although the last two entries won't make any sense at all, everybody kinda went insane over there due to April Fools. I felt like spamming up my own journal.. Fun!

Hulk Smash!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2003, 01:06:12 PM »

Originally posted by: AiAi
Termin8Anakin, good work on your article.  i hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame.  maybe this will be the break you'll need to get into journalism?

however, i was disappointed there was not a picture of Infernal Monkey doing the Link dance.  not happy!  and funny i now know what you 3 fellas look like!  hehe...you'll NEVAR know what i look like!  (He looks like a devil - A Parent)

i was surprised that Animal Crossing is still coming to Aussie Land.  i thought it had been canned.  any word on the release date?  there's only one thing i can say about the game:  there's goes my life!  *flushes life down the toilet, buh-bye!*

Thanks man.
I didn't have time to take a photo of Infernal, cause I was too busy laughing my head off and cheering him on. It was funny as hell. There were these guys that had video cameras that got footage of him. I wonder if they've joined the forums yet? I told people that I was doing this for Planet Gamecube, and they've all heard of it. How cool is that?
I'm happy that al least Animal Crossing is coming out here, but i don't know if I'll buy it. Too busy trying to save up for Metroid Prime and Zelda.

Which reminds me:

METROID PRIME IS OUT TOMORROW! WAHHOOOOOO!

And geez, you'd better put a pic up of urself. you owe us at least that.
we put our lives at stake in revealing our identites (but then I've been doing that with my website for the last three years - you should have seen my website when it was first made. It wasn't Nintendo, Inc. back then. It was just the plain old angelfire url - weird when i look back on it).
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2003, 09:40:50 PM »
*Ultra mega sad face 2000*

Crap. I had a huge post, hit 'Reply to Thread' and bam, "Cannot find page"

Ah well, erm, yeah. I actually saw Metroid Prime today. In EB. This afternoon. In their cabnit behind the counter. Taunting me. The guy said they'd get in sh!t if they were to break the street date and start selling them today. Which is crap, because they were the ones to sell GTA: Vice City two days before it was meant to be sold... Bastards.

And I have to work tomorrow ;_;
It's Thursday, shops are open late-ish on Thursdays? Right?

... They better.

Oh yes, the following games are $19.95 in all Grace Bros/Myer/Mega Mart stores:

- Rocky
- Wreckless (Don't even think about it!)
- Mat Hoffman BMX 2
- Kelly Slater
- Xmen
- Minority Report

I was thinking of getting Xmen. But then turned around and saw the Sonic the Hedgehog movie on DVD for $22.99, and I've been hunting that movie down for nearly six months now. So, yeah.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2003, 09:56:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
Thanks man.
I didn't have time to take a photo of Infernal, cause I was too busy laughing my head off and cheering him on. It was funny as hell. There were these guys that had video cameras that got footage of him. I wonder if they've joined the forums yet? I told people that I was doing this for Planet Gamecube, and they've all heard of it. How cool is that?
I'm happy that al least Animal Crossing is coming out here, but i don't know if I'll buy it. Too busy trying to save up for Metroid Prime and Zelda.

Which reminds me:

METROID PRIME IS OUT TOMORROW! WAHHOOOOOO!

And geez, you'd better put a pic up of urself. you owe us at least that.
we put our lives at stake in revealing our identites (but then I've been doing that with my website for the last three years - you should have seen my website when it was first made. It wasn't Nintendo, Inc. back then. It was just the plain old angelfire url - weird when i look back on it).

i figure that was why you couldn't get a pic of infernal monkey....i guess i can only imagine....

as for metroid prime, i think i'll give the game a rent first (what?  are you crazy?)  no.  i just get this feeling that i may not like it.  you know, sometimes you get this feeling that you are really going to like a game (like i did with monkey ball)....well, i don't feel the same way with metroid prime.

as for a pic of me, see below (i thought it was a pretty detailed picture!)

...../\_______/\
....|..................|
....|.....O...O.....|
....|..................|
....|.....|___|....|
.....\ _______/

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2003, 10:25:00 PM »
I GET METROID AND POKEMON erm... saphuby, no... raphire.... argh cant choose :S but yeah, I GET THEM BOTH TOMORROW HOORAY

aaand mum and dad are going away for the weekend, that means i have a whole weekends worth of wide screen decent tv bliss to enjoy metroid on

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2003, 11:08:44 PM »
Dammit, I shoul've checked back at these forums when Nintendo announced that event and gotten one of you to write that article for my site.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2003, 11:54:53 PM »
OMG RABicle, where have ya been?

Anyway, im too busy playing Metroid Prime too make a decent post so um yeah like... stuff rules...

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2003, 01:56:38 AM »
Wow. Not only did they put the feature up, they made it 'front page' material! hahahaha! My mug is there for the whole world to see when people go to PGC! Hahahahahaha!

Sorry.

Yeah. If I had Metroid, I wouldn't be on these forums either.
I played it and it does take a while to get used to. And I do miss having an 'on the fly' strafe and look up-down thing with the c-stick.
SO I'll get it after I get Zelda and a GBA SP for my Zelda: ALink to the Past/Four Swords that is begging for some lovin.

And thanks, AiAi, but I think your pic in SMB2 is detailed enough.
We'll leave it at that.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2003, 02:04:30 AM »
Oh yeah, I went to IGNCube before I came here, and they had that story where Miyamoto-san is leaving NIntendo and going to Sega, and Naka-san is leaving Sega and going to NIntendo.

I shat myself. WHAAA...?

Then they said it was an April Fools Day joke. MY heart stopped beating. But hang on, it's the SECOND of April isn't it, and they can't make jokes now, but then I realised that America is a day behind us.

haha.
silly me.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2003, 04:39:54 PM »
*Makes train noises for some reason*

Wooo, I only had short working day.
I GOT METROID PRIME

Yay, only paid $89.95 too. Went to EB and price matched Target's $89.95. My local Target hates the GameCube, so it wasn't even there. In fact, the last new game they got in for GC was Eternal Darkness.

Ah well, Metroid is great. The controls are really annoying in the heat of battle, though. But I guess like any game, gotta get used to it. I just wish they would have used the C-Stick for a free look or something, I hate holding in the slushy R button all the time.

Graphics are bloody amazing, I spent a good ten minutes just looking into the rain, watching the drops hit my visor. Then I played around in the water like a moron for a while. Mmmm, the attention to detail is stunning.
And listening to the remixed version of the classic Metroid theme sure made me smile. Mmm, remix.

And when I went to EB, the staff were crowded around one of the hanging TV's, one with a Wave Bird in his hand, all looking on at Metroid in awe. A few punk-ass casual gamers were glancing up too, I overheard one of them saying it was a demo of Halo 2 on Xbox. Oh dear. Restraining one's tounge is a hard thing to do....
I so felt like giving him the verbal bashing he deserved.

Yep, and I got the second last copy too, so word must be getting round that it's a good game. Just wish the bloody adverts would start up!

Anyway, I'm wasting precious Metroid time at the moment =)

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2003, 06:23:23 PM »
termin8, nice article man. i felt kinda dumb after i read it because i really should have gone. i had no idea they were going to be giving away all those bits and pieces.

anyway, is anyone in sydney interested in having a gamecube comp? we could get like, 20 people or so, and have some epic smash bros tournaments or something. you could even put money and whoever won would walk away with enough money to buy themself a game or something. i dunno.... i guess people wouldnt feel very comfortable having a bunch of perfect strangers, not to mention gamecube fanatics in their home. but, still, its an idea.
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2003, 07:36:40 PM »
hey! i would be up for that, everyone knows you can allways depend on the kindess of strangers, too bad i dont live in sydney =\ (currse you brisbane, cuuuuurse yoooou) that would be a top idea, have like all the sydney PGCers + a few cube friends each, vwala! instant compatiton, just like rent out a hall for a weekend or something, everyone bring a beanbag, and organise enough TV's/cubes etc. everyone chip in say 15-20 dollars for 1) hall rental 2) possible prizes 3) food/drinks, BAMM would be great.

damn it, now im depressed i want to go
ohwell got pokemon ruby and metroid prime verrry soon (come on mum, speed home, i want my games!!)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2003, 08:34:12 PM »
great idea joeyjojo.
btw, where abouts in sydney do you live?

You know, I actually asked the NIntendo Rep would they be willing to make an official Super Smash Bros Melee tournament, similar to the Pokemon Playoff. He said that Nintendo of Australia were always open for suggestions (Hmmmmm!!!). So yeah. there you go.

And you know, we wouldn't be a bunch of strangers. We have known each other for a while on these forums, so it wouldn't be totally uncomforting. Just that we need to recognise each other.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2003, 09:52:50 PM »
True story:
This morning, i had the weirdest dream.  i dreamed of being in the video games section in a store and hurried to the Gamecube kiosk to try out Metroid Prime.  A little kid got there at the same time and we argued who got there first till i took the controller.  just when i started the demo....i was woken up!  talk about timing!  the fact i had the dream on the day Metoid Prime comes out is pure coincidence.  Is the game trying to tell me something?  (and i'm not making this dream up.  it's true!)

Another true, but sad story:
Yesterday when i walked to the gym, i saw three small cars with an advertisement trailer attached, one behind the other parked.  i looked to see what the ad was and saw the DOA:XV logo on the back.  the side had, not a picture of one of the girls, but in fact a close up cleavage shot, the kind that would excite junior highschool boys.  "Oh dear," i thought and wondered what it was doing in my turf.  anyone else seen them around?

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2003, 10:18:49 PM »
termin8: i live in killara, (a few stations up from chatswood)

another thing, do any of you chat on icq, cause i would really like to be able to discuss games with other aussies. unfortunately, all of my best mates own ps2's so i have sh*t all to talk to them about. especially since they are hardly as keen on games as i am.
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 02, 2003, 10:43:08 PM »
Termin8: I'm from Adelaide. Yeah, I've heard all the jokes about it, but it ain't that bad. Pity I'm the only Cubist around here. The guys at my local EB know me on a first-name basis. All my mates have XBOXs or PS2s, so I hear a fair bit about Halo and that.

I got Metroid today. And I've played it for 3 hours straight. I didn't really get that far, but I don't mind. I have to keep telling myself to stop wandering through the levels and move along. It's that jaw-dropping good. I can't wait to show it off to my mates. Just to rub it in more.

Forget Halo. I've played both, and Metroid looks way better. Sure the controls are different, but its the only way to play a Metroid game.

As before, I don't have ICQ, but I'm on MSN from time to time. Have a look back through this thread for my e-mail.  

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 02, 2003, 10:49:17 PM »

Originally posted by: joeyjojo
termin8: i live in killara, (a few stations up from chatswood)

another thing, do any of you chat on icq, cause i would really like to be able to discuss games with other aussies. unfortunately, all of my best mates own ps2's so i have sh*t all to talk to them about. especially since they are hardly as keen on games as i am.

check one of my previous post about Trillian.  it's a great chatting program

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2003, 01:58:41 AM »
I still haven't tried trillian yet.
but i'll get it now.
I'm actually listening to the Seamus Blackley interview now. I'm about 9 minutes in.

ICQ?
Just type in Termin8Anakin in 'Add Users'.
I'm the only one.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2003, 08:04:30 AM »
piac's msn = i_am_fishbulb@hotmail.com
piac's icq = 43992215
add0r me but like, dont expect to be authed any time soon, just got metroid prime and pokemon ruby stupid work... only 5 hours today \o/ game on!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2003, 10:52:56 AM »
Oooooh, ahhhhh.

Anybody watch 'Charmed' on Channel 10 last night? About 7:50, a Metroid advert was on.

It's so sad.
It was chopped HEAPS, running for about 10 seconds. It showed Samus running into the space station, then showed some HORRIBLE in-game footage (Somehow, it's been made out to look about as good as a N64 game in low-res)

Came up with various comments like "5/5" - GamePro, "Best game" - IGN

Then came up with the Metroid Prime Pak, showing the box and stuff. Didn't mention you get a funky name plate in the box or anything...

Then we got the nice spinning GameCube logo.

Oh dear.

Ah well, back to Prime!
*Somehow melts off chair and into room*

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2003, 08:17:20 PM »
whoa.

i picked up metroid the savo.

it feels so good.

cya.
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2003, 06:05:20 PM »
Um.... Infernal Monkey?? Are you sure you werent smoking pot when you saw that commercial? Because i saw it last night and i thought it was really good. It has quotes like "AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE" "5 out of 5" "The best game yet", and the ad looks really cool. Well i thought it was cool. Anyway, got Pokemon Sapphire on thursday and im AMAZED! IT'S LIKE.... THE SECOND BEST GAME EVER, Metroid Prime is of course the best, yep. I finished Metroid Prime and its INCREDIBLE!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, its a great time to be an aussie gamer! So many games.... system failure *head explodes* And Zelda is coming in ONE month.... WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

*Does a backflip out of his chair and fires up Metroid Prime*

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 04, 2003, 06:54:44 PM »
your so wrong mario, POKEMON RUBY IS THE SECOND BEST GAME EVAH!!! argh i cant decide what todo, get a kebab, play metroid or play pokemon :S someone help me!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 04, 2003, 08:03:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Um.... Infernal Monkey?? Are you sure you werent smoking pot when you saw that commercial? Because i saw it last night and i thought it was really good. It has quotes like "AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE" "5 out of 5" "The best game yet", and the ad looks really cool. Well i thought it was cool.

Yeah, it's a cool advert, but I was just a tad pissed that it's been chopped down to around the 10 second mark whilst in prime time. The full 20-30 second advert needs to be shown at prime time, not when 'The Truman Show' is almost over!

Oh yeah, I am so smart, s-m-r-t!
You know the bunch of $19.95 games at Grace Bros.? I plan on getting them! Yup; Wreckless, Xmen, Mat Hoffman, Minority Report and Rocky. It'll be just under $100 all up.

I don't plan on keeping them though, I'll take them out of their shrink-wrap, go to 'High Tech World' in Blacktown (Sorta like an EB, but crap)
Because I noticed all those games are still selling for $100 each there. I'll go in, throw the games at their faces, and I'll be sure to get around $30-35 each. In store credit. I'll then get RE:0 and... *Shrugs shoulders*

And if they go "Nuh, 4 cents each mate!"

I'll go "WOW 4 CENTS I CAN GET A MCDONALDS ICE CREAM CONE! OMGWTF"

... Or just play them =P

Ah yes, and before I go off to play Metroid, I saw the BEST thing today.
Microsoft were holding an Xbox play-off in Westpoint this morning! Gee, wonder where they got the idea? =)

Anyway, they had to share the centre stage with a KIDS SHOW. A bunch of people singing Hi-5 type songs and such, everybody was too embarressed to go up on stage and play the Xbox's!

They only had one game to play anyway, bloody V8 Supercars. They had 4 boxes linked up, winners would get key-chains and rubbish. But the control pads were left idle. The Microsoft reps were just standing around, watching the kids show and had nice big sad faces. It was hilarious stuff. The kids show was getting all the attention ^_^

EDIT:
PIAC! It's easy!
Go buy 708 power extension cords for you GameCube, plus a few million extension cords for ye controller. Throw Metroid in (Throwing is all part of the plan)
Then go to a kebab shop, whilst attempting to play Metroid. Order your food, and pull out your GBA with your other hand, and try to play Pokemon. Get your food, hold it in your mouth, get a robot to pay. Because you have no arms left.
Roll back home in your Morph Ball, or your PIAC mobile will do.

Come back to find the GameCube on fire and little goblins dancing on the roof.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2003, 09:26:35 PM »
i love mexicans! ill do it!