Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 464788 times)

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #750 on: May 22, 2003, 12:30:27 AM »
PIAC: To tell you the truth, I can't remember. But she most likely was after!

Termin8: I have no idea what you're on about with the machine gun game. I've seen the boxing game in Crown complex in Melbourne ages ago when I was over there for some reason or another, but it's recently appeared at the local arcade. Go Tunza Fun!

Infernal: Yeah, I have a habit of doing stupid things like that. Maybe some time I'll gather people around, and tell some stories.

Mario: Well duh, that's why the Diet Pepsi's in there - so he can shoot it in his eye and cause pain. If that's what floats your boat, then go for it!

And I saw the Matrix last night - absolutely awesome. Whoever said the plot was empty is obviously braindead, or just lost in the techno-babble. I got parts of it, and I'm going to see it again tomorrow! My rant about the only bad thing in the movie: Major letdown with the 100 Agent Smith fight - that CG was just really unreal. Sure it looked good, but I'd rather authentic. I'm aware that they probably would have been some real injuries if they were real, but it was quite obvious.

Favourite lines: "It's like wiping your a**e with silk. (about swearing in French)" and "He's doing his Superman thing.(guess who?)" I can't really remember any of the meaningful lines.  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #751 on: May 22, 2003, 04:54:45 AM »
I finished Zelda!
Exactly two weeks since I got it! And I have heaps more to do the second time round! I wanna do absolutely everything, minus the stuff with the Tingle Tuner.

For MArio and Infernal, and anyone else who's finished Zelda:
But F**K how cool is the boss battle with the puppets and Gannondorf! I was shaking like a bloody ice cube out of pure joy and suspense! Argh!
How cool is it how Zelda helps out and everything! And the sword fighting! AHHHH! Oh man!

And Infernal, why did you say don't take any more photos anfd just finish the game? Do any of the figurines transfer over to the second game?

And I won't say how cool everything was, cause no words can decribe the awesomeness of it all.
The footage of them sailing off after the credits does leave room for a direct sequel to Wind Waker don't you think?
And who didn't cry when the King said he had to die when Hyrule was being flooded?
MAn, I had a couple of tears.
And I was just inwardly crying when it was truly over - the words "The End", and the footage, and saving for the second game.
But, now, I have another three games again to complete: Wind Waker 2nd time round, Ocarina of Time and Master Quest.

Shifty: I don't think they would have done the Neo-Smith figth anyother way. But then again, all the Smiths you see there are really Hugo Weaving. That said, the scene alone took like 4 months to shoot, maybe longer.
I also like how the Merovigian says he loves French cause it's the best to cuss with (see the part where he walks into the foyer of the mansion with his goons and he starts swearing in Fench? Man, classic!). Haha. And I would like to try and wipe my a** with silk too. Haha.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 22, 2003, 08:42:27 AM »
opps wrong thread.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 22, 2003, 10:22:50 AM »
Termin8Anakin (or people who have finished wind waker): yeah, the ending was just pure awesome. i loved every second of it, the part where you stab the sword through Ganondorfs head, holy crap i was like "OMG NINTENDORGASM!" im glad that the very ending sets the scene for a sequel, i hope the next zelda game is celshaded. I loved the boss battles too, they were brilliant, sll of them. IMO Wind Waker is the bes t game ever made!

i have my stupid ghey half yearly exams today, bah!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 22, 2003, 01:01:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin

And Infernal, why did you say don't take any more photos anfd just finish the game? Do any of the figurines transfer over to the second game?

Yep! All your past figures are kept, and you start the second game with the Delux Picto Box =D

Oh yeah, I totally forgot, yesterday, when I was in K-Mart, looking over the DVD/Game section, there was an old-ish lady at the counter. A bit later, a younger dude who also worked there came up and they started talking about Zelda!

She was going "Ohh, I'm stuck on Wind Waker, now I'm playing Master Quest" and the dude went "Yeah, I think I've almost beaten Zelda, but I'm stuck too. Oh yeah, we had a lady come in earlier asking about Wind Waker, when do we get the new stock in?"

She paused for a moment, and I was attempting to look really interested in the 8-Mile DVD as I listened in. She must of looked at some paper or something, then she goes "Uuhhh, next Thursday. But they're not the limited edition version. Just Wind Waker"

=O
OLD PEOPLE PLAY NINTENDO! YOUNG PUNK DUDES PLAY ZELDA! LIMITED EDITION REALLY WAS LIMITED! PEOPLE ASK ABOUT THE GAME! IT SOLD OUT THERE! THE 8-MILE DVD HAS CRAP EXTRAS! THE GUY NEXT TO ME MUST OF THOUGHT I WAS DUMB FOR LOOKING AT THE ONE DVD FOR 5 MINUTES!

WEEE!

And now I've spent quality time with Enter The Matrix, and I'm really enjoying it. It weaves in and out of Reloaded's plot at times, which is damn cool. You get to play a mission, then see footage from Reloaded, and see how that mission actually makes sense with the plot of the movie. I think when I finish the game, I'll need to see the movie again!

The graphics are nothing outstanding, but the frame rate is ROCK SOLID. No matter what you chuck at it, 60 FPS. And the Focus (Bullet Time) moves are simply jaw dropping. You can do anything they do in the movies! Running along the sides of walls, cartwheeling off them into the air, and pulling out your twin pistols, firing away looks awesome in bullet time =D

You can also kick the living sh*t out of those silly humans as they lay on the ground in pain! Wee! Kick them in the head in bullet time and they go sliding across the floor screaming. Mmmm, sadistic fun.

The soundtrack is also ripped right from the movies, which is good. Good to the extreme! Or.. Something.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 22, 2003, 07:26:29 PM »
I have (or had) a day off Uni today. Spent the whole day sleeping. I am soooo pooped out from that orgasm that was the ending of Wind Waker at 1am last night.
I'm so tired. Now I have to go pick up my mum, my sister, and drop off a f**king 4cm wire piece to my friend who does electrical engineering. Arrgh. Then I've got Kabudo later tonight. Man....

*drops to sleep*

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 23, 2003, 12:58:55 AM »
=O, a f**king 4cm wire piece you say?!

Quickly, put it up on Ebay, say it was featured in the Matrix and you'll be a millionare within micro seconds. MICRO! SECONDS! MILLION! WIRE! It all adds up.

And the latest sales charts are in! Enter the Matrix tops the list (no surprise there) on PlayStation 2. It also comes in second on Xbox. Guess what gets place 3? Zelda!

Outstanding, I've never seen a GC game sit in the top 3 for two weeks! NEVER! And the adverts are still running on TV, maybe it'll be in the top ten next week! It'll be an amazing first!

There:
http://www.informbd.com.au/charts/Top%2010%20All%20Full%20Priced%20Gam.gif

Too lazy to link, have fun

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 23, 2003, 01:09:26 AM »
time for some more inexplicable japanese madness?
kindly given by our inexplicable aussie infernal monkey

Infê®ñal MònkéÂ¥ - Teh pie. Enjoy it or die. says:
Comercial 1
BAM!
and... Comercial 2
BAM!
annnnnnnnnnnnd
Comercial 3

WITH MY SPICE WEASEL!

they are HILARIOUS, i want this game so badly Comercial 1

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 23, 2003, 01:27:56 AM »
=D

Zoom in! SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Why can't we see adverts like these outside of Japan? They're the best! Insanity is the key to game adverts! Not actual game footage! Just pure insanity! Weeee!

Check out the website! You get to walk around! Kinda... And the movies section has room for 7 more movies! =O, UPDATES TO COME! MORE INSANITY! THIS IS ONE HELL OF A BIG LINK! FEAR!

And why is my MSN all of a sudden being crap? Crap in a BOX?
*Shakes fist at the monitor, then the phone, then the glass of Nesquick*

*Gets tired*

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 23, 2003, 02:00:42 PM »
Kmart sale, starting today.

GameCube games $29.95 (ish)
- Sega Soccer Slam
- Winter Olympics
- Donald Duck: Who is PK?

GBA games $18
- Tetris Worlds (get excited!)
- GT Advance 2
- ISS Advance

Enter The Matrix is also on sale for $87, and errr, there may be more of these cheap games in store. These may just be examples of the selected range.

*Goes to the fridge to get more cold, leftover pizza*

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 23, 2003, 02:52:16 PM »
hey cool, i would get tetris for that, ive been missing tetris since i got rid of most of my GBC games, wish i didn't do that

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:30 PM »
yay i finally beat metroid fusion 5:14 completion time, pretty bad but ohwell, ill beat it faster next mission

NES METROID ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it its hard you cant aim diagonly down! stupid crawly things are annoying

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 23, 2003, 05:18:17 PM »

Outstanding, I've never seen a GC game sit in the top 3 for two weeks! NEVER! And the adverts are still running on TV, maybe it'll be in the top ten next week! It'll be an amazing first!

Actually Super Mario Sunshine was the number one console game for three weeks straight.

Piac, about time you finished Metroid Fusion.  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 23, 2003, 05:23:09 PM »

GameCube games $29.95 (ish)
- Sega Soccer Slam
- Winter Olympics
- Donald Duck: Who is PK?

GBA games $18
- Tetris Worlds (get excited!)
- GT Advance 2
- ISS Advance

Wow! Sega soccer slam for $30! *runs to kmart* And i thought GT advance 2 came out like a month ago? Guess it bombed.

Yay two weeks until Wario Ware comes out!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 23, 2003, 11:41:27 PM »
Woah!  I'm away from this forum for several days, and look what happened?  You guys have really gone bananas!  I really need to check this thread more constantly to keep you guys under control.  

University had me busy.  Got all my assessments out of the way, and the bloody accounting assignment, which had my group working on it till 10pm the day before the due date.  That meant I haven't had much time for Zelda.  Finished the Forest Temple yesterday.  Yay!

I saw the Matrix Reload on Tuesday.  It was good.  Not great or excellent.  Just good.  The movie didn't "wow" me.  I found the fights to be repetitive, althought the freeway scene was really good.  What bugs me about the Matrix is that between the action, the movie is actually quite boring.  But I guess I'm in the minority.  

So today, I finally went to the video store that my friend works at which rents Japanese/Chinese videos.  Cool.  So I got Princess Mononoke, a Miyazaki movie (Spirited Away) and had been wanting to see it for ages (none of my local video stores had it).  And Akira.    I'm a sucker for anime.  They had Love Hina, but only in Japanese and Chinese!  Noooooooooo!  What a crime.  I really wanna see that anime series.  It's all Infernal Monkey's fault, because it was from him that I found out about the series.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 23, 2003, 11:51:22 PM »
im also a sucker for anime, i just have a piss weak collection i have Gunsmith Cats on DVD and first 2 neon gensis dvds, which ill sell (anyone here want them?) as im going to get the box set real soon, i also have the first 3 episodes of Airbats 801st TTS on VHS, got nfi where it is though, think a friend of mine has it. there are so many anime series i have to see!! and love hina is one of them ^_^ and ofc spirited away and perfect blue, gotta see that.
i also want the Ninja Scroll (Ninga Scrole <-- a joke for my self)  DVD and all the fatal fury movies, they are awsome.
speaking of which, does anyone know a good site i could order fatal fury from? now i REALLY want to see it :\

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 24, 2003, 01:00:03 AM »
I've got the first Fatal Fury movie on tape, got it for $10 at Big W many years back =D
Still remember the first time I watched it, I didn't have my own VCR at that time, and had to watch it in the lounge room. My Mum was in there at the time reading...

And well, Mai's outfit + Anime = many, many scenes involving her breasts popping out of her dress. My Mum had a cry and left the room eventually... I was happy ^_^

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 24, 2003, 02:41:46 AM »
New avatar get! oh wait.... changed my mind

Was gonna have this as my avatar, but i decided i dont wanna look at myself all the time, so i just put it in my sig still, thanks infernal and piac

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 24, 2003, 04:45:21 AM »
OH MY GOD!
do you guys remmeber a cartoon called Captain N staring Simon Belmot, Kid Icarus, Megaman etc? it also had Eggplant Wizard King Hippo and Mother Brain as the bad guys, well I JUST DLED THE FIRST EPISODE omg i love it, its so hilariously bad!

SHOW ME SHOW YOU KIKO MAN KIKOPAWNCH!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 24, 2003, 05:00:13 PM »
OMFG can anyone say BEST.GAME.EVER!!!!!!!!

yes i did just finnish the wind waker, and OH MA GAWD

that last battle! stunning!! and the battle before it!! frustraiting!!

if this doesn't get the GOTY there is no justice in the world

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 24, 2003, 06:17:18 PM »
hey, Mario, you forgot to thank me for taking the damn picture!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 24, 2003, 06:25:17 PM »
oh yeah haha. Thanks Termin8Anakin

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 25, 2003, 12:24:47 AM »
OMG!  I watched Princess Mononoke last night, and OMG, it was an beautiful and magical movie.  Miyazaki did it again.  This movie blowed The Matrix Reloaded out of the water.  No kidding.  It puts most western movies to shame, just like Spirited Away did (it comes out on DVD/VHS next month).  It not as good as Spirited Away, just a hair below.  I have to say this movie is a bit violent, there are scene where limbs were cut off.  I have to watch it again before I return it.

I forgot to mentioned in my last post, that last Wednesday, my group gave a presentation at university (huh, what do we care?).  Read on.  In the tutorial, everyone had to give each group a grade out of ten for context and content.  So, the first group gave a really good presentation with nice powerpoint slides about wireless network connecting to home entertainment.  And on one of their slides, they had "Xbox" or as PIAC likes "Xbawx" listed.  The presenter then mentioned "Xbox" and "PS2", but not GameCube.  I considered that to be a sin, so I marked the group down a notch.  That's right.  I let my Nintendo fanboy-ism get in the way.  Presenters, beware!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 25, 2003, 01:02:33 AM »
i really gotta see spirited away, that and a whole swag of other anime titles, games take up all my money damn nintendo LET ME ENJOY MY OTHER PASSIONS!

mwuahahha go team AiAi, curse them for not mentioning gamecube, good to see you have your prioritys right AiAi

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 25, 2003, 01:20:12 AM »
I had another interesting conversation with a drunk this weekend. Interesting guy. He was sitting behind me and a friend on the bus, muttering something. Then he just started talking to me about being a fourth generation Australian, and his wife being a fifth generation Australian. He went on to bitch about, "When some Asian asks you which country you come from, it makes me really p**sed off!"
Luckily I got off before someone got angry at him. My friend and I just exchanged puzzled looks, then burst out laughing.