Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 464547 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #725 on: May 18, 2003, 04:51:18 PM »
Kinda.
It was really hard to listen to the characters when they got serious and started explaining things. Like I said, Parramatta did a terrible job with the audio.

*Shakes fist*

Going to go see it at some not so well known cinema near Paddy's Markets tonight, hopefully they do a better job =P

And a month to go till the Animatrix gets released on DVD! Weee!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 18, 2003, 07:37:42 PM »
i want to see matrix reloaded

*shakes fist at infernal monkey* he made me goto Cash CONverters today, to check out the snes stuff, only to find that i can buy the snes scope 6 in 1 cartrige without the scope and a crappy nba live clone! hooray!
*continues to bid on ebay for stuff* yay stuff!!!!!

also whats animatrix? :\ matrix in anime?

also
Legend Of Zelda - Music Of My Groin OC Remix
^^^^^^^^^^^^ BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!! thanks infernal monkey!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 18, 2003, 09:34:49 PM »
Yup, Animatrix is various storylines based on the Matrix. Each episode has a different director, the style of the animation is also different in each. Some take the traditional anime approach, some go with CG.

They'll be chucking them all on one DVD and selling it next month =D

*Shakes fist at PIAC for getting me obsessed with Ebay again* ^^

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #728 on: May 19, 2003, 01:58:51 AM »
OOOOMMFG!@ I JUST FINISHED TEH WIND WAKER!!! HOLY &*^&!

BEST. GAME. EVER!

EDIT: For infernal monkeys eyes only:surprise get? huh? what surprise? you mean after the credits? during the credits? after you go save and you can play it through a second time? zwa?  Anyway, i LOVED the music at the end, and that bubble thing going on was pretty cool, and holy sh!t @ that last boss fight!!! all of them!!!! that was f'ing awesome! And how link stuck the sword through ganons head! OMG! BEST GAME EVER! the atmosphere at the end is perfect! OMG im gonna play through it again! RIGHT NOW!  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 19, 2003, 02:46:05 AM »
Whoa, thanks for the warning there MArio. I almost read it.
And Infernal, you wouldn't be going to see it at Readings Cinema in Auburn would ya? That's where I saw it. It's near Paddy's. Yes.

And well, I think it's safe to say I've almost completed Zelda, since I'm up to Ganon's Tower. Arrgh! No! It's too soon!

PIAC, if you didn't know about the Animatrix, shame on you. It's like AIAI not playing OoT yet. By now, you should have gotten the four free episodes, and saw Final Flight of the Osiris at the movies (cool how they mention the Osiris at the beginning of Reloaded).
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 19, 2003, 12:45:35 PM »
For Mario's eyes only (all others will like, melt and stuff)Surprise as in, they head off for another quest in that video clip after the credits, maybe we'll see further developments in this story. Plus yeah, the second quest you get to start. HE STAYS IN HIS PJ'S FOR THE ENTIRE GAME! =D And you keep the Picto Box! Woo!

Termin8, we ended up going to the George street cinemas in the city. Dunno why, we just decided it was easier in our strange little way, plus it's surrounded by late night arcades. Yipee. The screen there is so bigger than the Parra screen, it's not funny. Got the storyline more, sorta. I guess =P

We headed to the arcades, and I made an ass of myself on some Police game, where you move your body and the onscreen character does what you do. Yay for technology! I kept making quick, random movements and got shot alot.

PLUS we got in a verbal fight with a bunch of drunk dudes on the train back. It was amusing. It died down, and then one of them wanted to get off at Redfern to get a can of drink, he did, and by the time he ran back, the doors shut on him, and his friends were trying to force them open again. HILARIOUS ^^

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 19, 2003, 05:08:15 PM »
Hahahaha!
Yeah, I wouldd gone to the city too. The screens at Readings are a sight to behold. They are really, really big. The crap thing is that it's not next to a popular and busy shopping complex, like Westfield. It's in this complex that only sells sports stuff. Hardly anyone goes there, but if there's a really good movie, then it's packed.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 20, 2003, 12:15:00 AM »
I'm getting close to the end. I'm up to Ganon's Tower, the boss just after I first see Ganon and Zelda. WTF do i do there? I get the cutting ropes, but then what? I'll figure something out. I don't want to look at any walkthroughs because I'm bound to read something I don't want to know.

Infernal: Sorry, but the best arcade game is Time Crisis 2. Can't be beaten for co-op gun fun.
Have you played that boxing game with the gloves that you wear, and you have to jump around. I think that one has the worst movement detections, but it is a cool concept.

As for the drunken bums, talking to them is hella fun. I was on the bus with some friends late on a Friday night, and one guy just started talking to me about this hot chick we passed in town. Considering I was next to my on-again, off-again girlfriend, she was pretty peeved at me. Oh well.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 20, 2003, 12:31:51 AM »
so i guess she was off again then shifty?

btw, i finnished golden sun! if anyone here has it, its well good, i didn't even realise i was finnishing it till i finnished it. now i gotta go buy GS2!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 20, 2003, 01:49:56 AM »
Yes, Time Crisis 2 is one hell of an arcade game.
I've seen that Boxing game. And if you're talking about the arcade in Sydney thats right next to the cinemas, have you seen that machine gun game (next to the boxing game)? The one where you pull down the visor and use a machine gun, missile launcher, and tank to kill the beach-landing enemies and jets? Man, thats one cool game as well.

I have to ask everyone this about Zelda - don't worry, it's not THAT important:
Has anybody gotten the chart for the Ring of Lights? These ring's of light only appear on the full moon at around 7 locations, but when I go there, eg, there's one at Greatfish Island, I can't see any rings of light. It might be referring to the treasure locations, but i dunno. I have all the treasure from Greatfish Is. (including the Heart piece), so i dunno. DOes anyone know what I'm talking about?

I got up to Gannon's Tower, and I've done three of the bosses, and I just went out of there cause I wanted to get as many items as I can. SO far, I have 15 hearts, the duluxe pictobox, that armour spell thing (like Nayru's Love in Ocarina of Time), the charts for the Giant Octos, Great Fairies, Island and Sea Heart locations, and Rings of Light. The only upgrade I need now is for double magic.
And who agrees that the auctions are so fun? For the majority of the auction, you bid like 1 ruppe more, and then ten seconds before it ends, you bid like 30 rupees more, and everyone just faints. And you win! Haha. It's only for a treasure chart and heart piece, but it's so fun.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 20, 2003, 01:24:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Shifty

As for the drunken bums, talking to them is hella fun. I was on the bus with some friends late on a Friday night, and one guy just started talking to me about this hot chick we passed in town. Considering I was next to my on-again, off-again girlfriend, she was pretty peeved at me. Oh well.

*Dies laughing* =D

*Revives, somehow*

Shifty, if you really get stuck on that boss thingy, highlight this (A last resort only! ^^): You cut his rope things, all of them, and make sure you get the tail rope too. At the end of his tail is a blue cracked ball type thing. Hit it three times with your light arrows... And... Success?

And I'm sick of Time Crises 2
*Holds garbage bin lid up as sheild*

I borrowed it ages ago on PS2 from a friend, with the shoddy blue G-Con2. Had it for around a month, because he was in no hurry to get it back. There's only so much scripted shooting one can take! The bonus features were okay though, one was an old arcade game where you shot targets and had a silly American voice over boom out of the speakers when you missed "YO MISSED". I think I had more fun with that!

And Ring of Lights Termin8? Never heard of that! *Cries like a little girl*
Sounds like you've built up a good selection of stuff, BUT have you got the hero's charm? It's a funky mask! Gives you a funky power! FUNKY!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 20, 2003, 04:21:45 PM »
I'm on my way to get that mask.
I think you have to give that teacher another 20 joy pendants after the 20 you already give her. something like that.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 20, 2003, 05:44:19 PM »
Haha, speaking of bums i got off the train yesterday at Croydon station. There is no insert ticket machine thingy there so noone buys tickets, but yesterday there were two security guards standing at the top of the stairs and i was like " sh!t!" i didnt have a ticket so i just kept walking and they didnt ask me for my ticket, phew. Anyway, when i was walking out i saw a bunch of bums with guilty faces being talked to by the security guards for not having tickets. I overheard one of them saying something like "cmon man i dont have any money, im a bum!" Tee hee, he actually said he was a bum. I think they all got fined too ehehehe

And I'm sick of Time Crises 2 *Holds garbage bin lid up as sheild*
lol me too, point blank > time crisis *runs*

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 20, 2003, 05:51:27 PM »
"point blank > time crisis  *runs* "

??????????????????????????????
*pulls out gun*
Dance b*tch!
*BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!*
Oh wait, it's a light gun. it's not real.

*pulls our real gun*
*CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!*
Damn! No ammo!

You're lucky today runt! Run like a yella' belly!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 20, 2003, 06:04:48 PM »
Yay! Point Blank! It's teh awesome-o-tastic game. Shoot that car, SHOOT IT GOOD!

*Gets out a water pistol, fills it with Pepsi and attacks everybody with it*

*Sprints off, giggling like a school girl*

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 20, 2003, 07:31:58 PM »

??????????????????????????????
*pulls out gun*
Dance b*tch!

Starts playing DDR. DDR > Time crisis 2

*sprints away laughing, bumps into Infernal with his pepsi filled water pistol, panicks* Oh no! Teh pepsi will kill us all!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 20, 2003, 09:27:54 PM »
Ahahaha, it's not just any Pepsi, it's DIET Pepsi! AND IT'S BEEN SHAKEN UP!

DIE! "AHHHHH!"

DIET! "AAAAAAAAAGGHHH!"

Ah, mmmmmmm.... Thirsty. *Misses mouth and squirts it in eye*

EEGADS!
*Rolls around floor screaming*

*Gets back up*

I'm still thirsty. And confused. And I should of gone into town today. But didn't. And I have to work tonight. And I need to put pants on. But can't find any. Maybe I should MAKE some!

Yes, that's the ticket!

*Continues squirting Pepsi in eyes and rolling around*

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 21, 2003, 02:04:15 AM »
ewww come on, diet pepsi -_- come on
COME ON
thats like the worst soft drink ever, then diet coke, then pepsi max

ewwww i like pepsi plus, all the flavour of regular pepsi but 12 times hte sugar weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hyperactivepiac

wish that product actually excisted

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 21, 2003, 03:56:13 AM »
whoa, hyperactivity overload!

I don't know where you pixies came from....!
And I've stopped trying to finish the game altogether now that I discovered the Nintendo Gallery!Holy crap! You have to take photos (colour photos using the Duluxe Pictobox!), take them to the Sculpter in the Nintendo Gallery, and he makes sculptures outta them. Thing is, there's like a stand in the gallery for EVERYTHING! I mean it! You have to take pics of every human, rito, korok, goron (!), fairy, monster, ghost, plant, rock monster, zombie, insect, EVERYTHING! Crap this is gonna take heaps long to do!

And hey! The rito postman who gets you to sort the mail (I got over 27!) is a descendant of the postman in Majora's Mask!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 21, 2003, 04:09:17 AM »
Time Crisis 3 > DDR
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 21, 2003, 04:37:55 AM »
bah. never played Time Crisis 3 so i can't tell. Crisis Zone was pretty cool. But it was pretty short. Just having the constant buzz of the machine gun was awesome.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 21, 2003, 05:43:08 AM »
Funny thing is that Crisi Zone < Time crisis 3. Crisis Zone has that MP5-N like weapon and the enviroment being destrucable was great(Bullet proof visors?!?!). I love that game. I am hoping that they release a second version that has 2+ players, like a swat team. TC3 Is bacisly an updated version of TC2, but it has a weapon select(Making killing masses easier) and improved graphics(Nothing mind blowing). It is also easier than TC2.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 21, 2003, 05:20:44 PM »
Termin8, I strongly advise you to finish the game before you go off taking all those wonderful photos. Just... Trust me =D

And weee, got Enter the Matrix this morning. Tis heaps fun!
WEEEEEEEEEEEE! Hacking is bloody annoying via a control pad though!

... And Crises Zone is fun. Fun-tastic, even. EVERYTHING GETS DESTROYED! TAKE THAT YOU EVIL BALLOON! GAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 21, 2003, 06:22:02 PM »
yeah. I am finishing the game. I just got past where you have to defeat the four bosses from the previous dungeons.
But I do have quite a collection of figurines already.

Infernal: Yeah, the balloons are evil.

Ohhboy: nice sig.

EDIT: There, happy Mario? Happy PIAC? Haha.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 21, 2003, 09:23:56 PM »
Termin8Anakin, you should put a spoiler tag on that post up there ^ , some people arent that far yet you know *cough*piac*cough*

Quickly before he sees it and teh game gets ruined!!!111111