Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 5.  (Read 68829 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 5.
« on: April 02, 2020, 12:27:55 PM »
Story Post

Tired of getting attacked by the Federation, the Space Pirates wanted to take the fight to them and found their base of operations. The Pirates sent out wave after wave of troops but the Federation's superior weapon technology allowed them to stay hunkered in their position and keep surviving the siege. The Pirates decided they needed to do something else to break this battle stalemate. Thus, the order was given to bring out the big gun Kraid to storm on the scene and shake things up. Kraid, however, isn't a big fan of orders or being told when to fight. In a foul mood, he headed to the battle. The combatants suddenly felt a great growing rumbling from the Earth. The force was so great that everyone was knocked down to their feet and knocked around. Suddenly there was a huge explosion as Kraid burst on the scene.

He let out a mighty roar and then smashed his giant claws on the battle scene raining terror and destruction across the battlefield. His mighty blows changed the field of battle and many fell upon Federation Marine Stevey killing him. "Happy now?" Kraid roared and then returned back down into the crater he had created and disappeared. As the combatants recovered from the mighty display of power, they no longer had much fight in them and all retreated back to secure locations.

As the Federation Forces began their search for a new base, they ran into a different foe, Dark Samus. Confused at first by thinking it was Samus Aran having somehow survived her gunship explosion, the leader of the forces, The Deleter, tried to see if he could trick Samus into letting down her guard so they could escape or take her down now. He got close to Dark Samus who stood silently watching them. He stabbed her thinking he landed a mortal blow only to realize something didn't feel right about the strike. Pulling out the blade, he saw Phazon attached to it. Although greatly confused by how Dark Samus could be here with Phaaze having been destroyed, the Forces suddenly realized who they were actually dealing with and realized they need to fall back. Unfortunately, the Deleter had gotten in too close to Dark Samus and he knew he wouldn't be able to get away safely. He threw his dog tags to the other soldiers and told them to report his death in to their military command. He then began fighting Dark Samus to hold her back so the other soldiers could escape. It wasn't much of a fight. Dark Samus powered up and blasted The Deleter with a powerful Phazon burst killing him. The other Federation troops escaped and reported their losses into command. From the dogtags, they discovered The Deleter was TheFleece and he had left his men his K.K. Vinyl Collection as part of his last will and testament.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 5.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 12:40:39 PM »
Announcement Post

The following players have died:

stevey - Federation Marine (Killed by Kraid's Vote)
TheFleece - The Deleter/Power Bomb (Killed by Dark Samus)

Dark Samus Arsenal - Nightly Hit, Power Bomb.

The Mafia's situation has changed drastically having lost half their squad from yesterday's events. With those dual blows, the game has really shifted in the townie's favor. Of course, the job isn't over yet and there is still the wildcard of Dark Samus. After 4 game days, a Samus has finally acquired a power-up! (And a powerful one as well.) As such, I have reported on it after mentioning who died and will keep mentioning and listing any additions to Dark Samus arsenal as they happen so you can keep track.

There are 12 players still alive. That means the majority vote for Day 5 would need to consist of 7 votes. Voting Period / Day will be open another 48 hours and change closing at 1:00 PM EST on Saturday Apr 4, 2020. (Unless there is another majority vote to end it sooner.)

By just posting the outline of the story in my head, I've been able to go back and give all Day threads a story post. Today I started getting a bit more elaborate with it but I suppose as long as I stick to just posting the outline I might be able to keep up with making those story posts this game. Yay me.

Will the Space Pirates be able to keep moving forward with this change in the balance of power or will there be a regression? That answer will be decided by the players.

Have at it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:45:33 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 01:23:27 PM »
Yer gonna pay, ya wee Khushrenada!

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 01:31:25 PM »
Damn. That K.K. Vinyl though...  :)
Mission...complete?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 02:39:00 PM »
It appears Kraid has turned the tide and seems to have better insight into who to attack than the whole lot of us voting yesterday. I await orders from general Kraid.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 05:05:51 PM »
This is a crazy change of events from the votes yesterday.  There was a seemingly townie led rally against Insanolord and then LuigiDude, but Kraid stepped in with the save by switching the vote to someone who had ZERO VOTES during the day.

This pretty much leads me to distrust a lot of people, but I need to go back over the thread first.  I'm guessing one of two things happened: either the townie alliance gained some insights late in the day, or they knew what the plan was early on and threw out votes in order to try and get some mafia members to out themselves.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »
The crazy part is, going back and reading the previous days, there’s almost nothing to learn from Stevey and Fleece. Neither ever made any meaningful posts or votes of consequence.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »
Yeah, that has me worried one of them could be an inactive like Stratos, that would be lame.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
Also I still can’t wrap my head around how Comrade Kraid changed so many votes. But I support his actions uncritically.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 08:25:04 PM »
Also I still can’t wrap my head around how Comrade Kraid changed so many votes. But I support his actions uncritically.

Kraid can choose to eliminate one of the tied players or they can consider the whole day's vote as null and void for not reaching one choice and instead cast a vote against any remaining player they choose and have that player eliminated by the vote instead. Of course, Kraid can also choose to not eliminate anyone. It is entirely their decision how they wish to resolve it.

Kraid basically can just pick someone to die whenever there's a tie, so no votes needed to be changed.  That was a good question because I was wondering that myself.

Khush, quick question, does this mean that Kraid can still change 5 votes?  I don't think I've seen any results where Kraid interfered and it wasn't a tie.  So, that would mean that the normal vote change power is still intact and unused, correct?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 08:29:29 PM »
Announcement Post

The following players have died:

stevey - Federation Marine (Killed by Kraid's Vote)
TheFleece - The Deleter/Power Bomb (Killed by Dark Samus)

Dark Samus Arsenal - Nightly Hit, Power Bomb.

The Mafia's situation has changed drastically having lost half their squad from yesterday's events. With those dual blows, the game has really shifted in the townie's favor. Of course, the job isn't over yet and there is still the wildcard of Dark Samus. After 4 game days, a Samus has finally acquired a power-up! (And a powerful one as well.) As such, I have reported on it after mentioning who died and will keep mentioning and listing any additions to Dark Samus arsenal as they happen so you can keep track.

Can Dark Samus acquire the Metroid using the Power Bomb?  The rules say that the Samuses get nothing if they use it, but then what would happen to the Metroid?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
Somebody tell me who to point me pistol at and pull the trigger!

unVote nickmitch for talking too much!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:38:10 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 08:56:32 PM »
Vote Luigi Dude for skirting by danger too much!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 09:08:57 PM »
Somebody tell me who to point me pistol at and pull the trigger!

Vote nickmitch for talking too much!

:(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 09:09:52 PM »
Khush, quick question, does this mean that Kraid can still change 5 votes?  I don't think I've seen any results where Kraid interfered and it wasn't a tie.  So, that would mean that the normal vote change power is still intact and unused, correct?

With regards to Kraid, if he had an effect on the day's vote, it would be revealed when the day was ended and how much of an effect he played on it. If you have not seen any mention of Kraid having an effect on the Day's vote then that is because he has done no voting manipulation. If he's done no voting manipulation then that would mean his power is stockpiling.....

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »
Can Dark Samus acquire the Metroid using the Power Bomb?  The rules say that the Samuses get nothing if they use it, but then what would happen to the Metroid?

I'll post the Power Bomb info in the Rules thread here again for everyone to see it more easily right now.

"A power bomb is an extra hit that they can make. Once the hit is made then the power bomb is used up. A Samus can hold on to a power bomb to choose to deploy when they wish but once it is used then it is gone forever. A Samus can even deploy a power bomb during the day period to eliminate someone. However, they will not gain that player's item/power-up if they eliminate them during the Day period with this item. A Power Bomb is can nullify Ridley's (doctor's) protection and still eliminate its target. It is the only item/power-up that can do this."

If a player is eliminated during the Day vote then they do not get the items of that player. However, if the player was eliminated at Night then they would still acquire the items of that player like a normal hit. A day hit is a more desperate option. In regards to the other part of your question, if Samus were to hit the player holding the Metroid with the Power Bomb during the day then the Metroid will go to the Dead Thread with the player holding it. This is one of the few ways the Metroid can be eliminated in this game. Although if a Samus were to acquire the Grappling Hook power-up then they could still acquire the Metroid from the eliminated player still holding on to it in the Dead Thread. If the Grappling Hook is never acquired then a Samus has no way of getting it and the game continues on as a normal Mafia game with the Killer role needing to eliminate everyone else in order to win. The shortcut route of getting the Metroid is lost.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 10:43:28 PM »
So, if the Metroid is eliminated, with no grapple beam acquired, the game becomes a regular mafia game? Townies and mafia can win without it as well?

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 01:22:26 AM »

Shyguy does make a point which is too say none at all but here's my reasoning: :-X

Town is doing an awesome time right now and so far the mafia members have been pretty quiet. So might as well.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:38:00 PM by Lucario »
Made you look ****.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 06:53:46 AM »
Eventful cycle registered as shift in pattern.

R1SK ANALYSIS: FactionID_Townie risk of overconfidence.
EVIDENCE_data: 0 mentions of Routine/Mafia_Kill=0
Activity_log: Godfather Night status=1, Kill Order available.

Testing Hypotheses/"Routine/Mafia_Kill=0"...
H0: Mafia_sessionTimeOut | REJECTED
H1: Deleter_status=Occupied | PLAUSIBLE, recurred Day 3
H2: Mafia_Reconnaisance | LIKELY

Subroutine/V0TE.exe... pending evidence.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »
Oh please mr.robot mafia ain't got nothing on us right now. We could take em right now.
Kinda pathetic plays by them tbh.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »
So, if the Metroid is eliminated, with no grapple beam acquired, the game becomes a regular mafia game? Townies and mafia can win without it as well?

Yes.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 03:58:21 PM »
Looks like you can't trust anyone, even yourself.

Vote Luigi Dude
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »
Looks like you can't trust anyone, even yourself.

Vote Luigi Dude

Wait, your tag has the word Bomber in it...

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 08:52:07 PM »
I am also going to un-vote nickmitch for asking too many questions about how they should act as Dark Samus.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:15:27 AM by RABicle »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 10:47:49 PM »
I am voting nickmitch to get us closer to another tie. That seems to have worked quite well yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:14:25 AM by Mr. Bungle »