Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1168940 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Tony Stark & Joss Whedon, speak on new characters in Age of Ultron.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/17/avengers-age-of-ultron-quicksilver-scarlet-witch-and-the-vision/

Quote from: re: The Vision
Marvel didn’t release any images of Bettany in costume as The Vision, but EW saw test footage of his make-up while on the set of the movie last month. While his face seemed to be a little more on the purple side of the spectrum than orange, the overall look of the synthezoid has a slightly more technological edge than the original 1968 introduction. He’s a bit more Borg and a little less Crayola.

But for the first time, Bettany will be turning up on screen in a Marvel film—instead of just supplying a voice. “By his own admission, he’s very disappointed that he actually has to show up this time,” Downey says.

there is also a small excerpt regarding the Incestual relationship of Quick & Scarlet as it pertains to the movie
Olsen and Taylor-Johnson were last seen together as a romantic couple in this summer’s Godzilla remake, and there’s a hint of uncomfortable closeness between the brother and sister. It’s a mainstream action film, so don’t expect any major taboos to be broken. But… there may be creepy little allusions.
“In the comics, every time you see an image of them, they’re always holding each other’s hand and looking over each other’s shoulder,” Olsen says. “They’re always so close, it’s almost uncomfortable. Aaron and I have been playing a little bit with those kinds of images just for ourselves.”

so look for that in the movie, because I'm sure it's going to come off as extremely subtle on screen.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Oh, I also forgot to mention that there it's supposedly a surprise cameo in the GotG movie. He's had his own movie a very long time ago.
Some people probably thought he wouldn't fit the bill, but being yet another popular white character might've helped ;)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Not following the comics close, but what purpose, aside from pissing off McFarlane, does Angela serve in the Marvel Universe?  Her entire story is so entwined with the Spawn Universe that removing that from her just makes her a generic angelic being for any writer to create a backstory for.  Couldn't this have been done without using the Angela name?  Or are they somehow trying to tie this version's backstory to the Image version?

Marvel doesn't have alot of good female characters that aren't X-MEN related. So Marvel got in talks with Gaiman and bought Angela outright using the ending of Age of Ultron to quasi explain why she's here. She showed up as apart of Guardins and now she has a mini series explaining her MU Orgins and ill probably get an ongoing announced next week.

Makes sense considering we would never see howard any other way/spoiler]

A few tidbits form ask Ausiello
[/color]

[/color][/spoiler]
uestion: Anything for my favorite shows, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or Once Upon a Time? —Niky[/size][/color]Ausiello:[/color] Choosing from Column A, [/size]S.H.I.E.L.D.[/size][/color] producers are typically mum on details for Season 2, even when it comes to how much time will have passed since Coulson was appointed Director of TFOKAS (The Former Organization Known As S.H.I.E.L.D.). “There [/font][/color][/size]is[/size][/color] a jump,” EP Jed Whedon allows. “It might be a little skip, it might be just a hop-skip-jump…. But yes, a little time has passed.” As for an overall theme for Season 2, EP Maurissa Tancharoen shares, “There was a word that came up a lot towards the end of the season — evolution — and that is something we will be exploring.”[/font][/color][/spoiler]

My guess is a seven month time skip so there will be a year ump between Winter Solider and Age of Ultorn. As per evolution, I think were going to see the series delve deep into two major character pools. Inhumans to explain people born with powers and the high evolutionary being one of the guys behind the evil super science.

The Inhumans are pretty flexable in terms of what you can do with them. They're almost akin to mutants so you can easily make characters inhuman and show up any where. The main Inhuman  community is a kingdom so you can still make a film folloing Black Bolt and friends, and even TV series for something like the inhuman comic series.

Question: Any word yet on whether B.J. Britt will be a full-time member of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Season 2? —Olivia
Ausiello: According to exec producer Jed Whedon, Triplett “will be around a lot” when the ABC series returns on Tuesday, Sept. 23 (now at 9/8c, remember!). Chiming in on how Britt instantly sparked with fans (as well as Miss Simmons), EP Jeph Loeb says, “You always have hope for characters, then when people ‘pop,’ you’re like, ‘Oh, that’s cool’ and you steer toward that.”

It makes sense with how awesome Trip was.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Not following the comics close, but what purpose, aside from pissing off McFarlane, does Angela serve in the Marvel Universe?  Her entire story is so entwined with the Spawn Universe that removing that from her just makes her a generic angelic being for any writer to create a backstory for.  Couldn't this have been done without using the Angela name?  Or are they somehow trying to tie this version's backstory to the Image version?
Marvel doesn't have alot of good female characters that aren't X-MEN related. So Marvel got in talks with Gaiman and bought Angela outright using the ending of Age of Ultron to quasi explain why she's here. She showed up as apart of Guardins and now she has a mini series explaining her MU Orgins and ill probably get an ongoing announced next week.
Agreed about Marvel not having a lot of strong female characters, but I still don't get this.  It'd be like Marvel taking Lois Lane, removing every connection she has to Superman, the Daily Planet or any other DC icon and being like "Hey, it's Lois Lane.  She's a tough female reporter from the Daily Bugle."  Lois has always been a pretty bland character and any development she's ever been given has been in the context of expanding the Superman story.  Take Superman out and you have nothing.

Same with Angela.  She's an angel who huts Hellspawn and falls in love with one.  Every bit of her story is intertwined in the Spawn universe - and taking that out, you've got a mostly naked red-headed angel.

If anyone had went to Marvel and said "So, I have a mostly naked red-headed angel character... want to do something with this?", they wouldn't get past the security guard at the front desk (played by Stan Lee in a cameo appearance).

I'm just confused as to why they didn't just create a new character without all of the Spawn luggage.  Aside from wanting to piss off McFarlane, of course.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Lots of Comic Con Swag showing up online. saw lots for GotG yesterday, but didn't post any of it.

Here is one for Agents of SHIELD & Agent Carter

and this looks like a must-have for figurine collectors....

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=103845

many more highly detailed pics at the link.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:43:42 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Agreed about Marvel not having a lot of strong female characters, but I still don't get this.  It'd be like Marvel taking Lois Lane, removing every connection she has to Superman, the Daily Planet or any other DC icon and being like "Hey, it's Lois Lane.  She's a tough female reporter from the Daily Bugle."  Lois has always been a pretty bland character and any development she's ever been given has been in the context of expanding the Superman story.  Take Superman out and you have nothing.

Same with Angela.  She's an angel who huts Hellspawn and falls in love with one.  Every bit of her story is intertwined in the Spawn universe - and taking that out, you've got a mostly naked red-headed angel.

If anyone had went to Marvel and said "So, I have a mostly naked red-headed angel character... want to do something with this?", they wouldn't get past the security guard at the front desk (played by Stan Lee in a cameo appearance).

I'm just confused as to why they didn't just create a new character without all of the Spawn luggage.  Aside from wanting to piss off McFarlane, of course.

Well they bought the rights  to Marvelman under the sole pretense that Neil Gaiman can finish his run on the book after the reprints are out and he's done with Sandman Overture. After that were probably going to see Marvelman put in the 616 proper. Gaimen being thankful for Marvel backing him on that probably said well I have Angela from Spawn here do something with her.

Also that's the thing, it wasn't just anyone who came up it was neil gaiman. He's one of the few writers who could bring a lame charcater he own's the rights too and give it to one of the big two. The only other guys capable would be Warren Ellis and Ron Marz.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
That's amusing but I feel like its missing something and that something is Background Noise.

My Son would love that Groot figure.  He likes Groot.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Marvel decided to tease us by releasing dates before they release names to upcoming titles

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/7/18/22917/the_marvel_cinematic_universe_expands_through_2019
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has continued to grow every year since it began in 2008 with Marvel's "Iron Man," and now we've got the dates for five more films coming your way through 2019!

While we can't tell you just what they are yet, you can look forward to new films hitting theaters July 28 and November 3, 2017; July 6 and November 2, 2018; and May 3, 2019.

Stay tuned to Marvel.com for the latest on the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe, True Believers--you won't want to miss a moment of it!

My first question is, is this the rest of Phase 3!? Because that would be the biggest phase yet, but phase 2 was smallest so far, so kinda balances out.

So I will use that to (speculate)

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1st, 2014
Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1st, 2015
Ant-Man - July 17th, 2015
Captain America 3 - May 6th, 2016
(Doctor Strange) - July 8th, 2016
(Thor 3) - July 26th, 2017
(Black Panther) - November 3rd, 2017
(Guardians of the Galaxy 2) - July 6th, 2018
(Ms./Capt. Marvel) - November 2nd, 2018
(Avengers 3) - May 3rd, 2019
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:08:56 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think the iffiest part of your speculation is Black Panther.  Marvel should put their foremost female character on the front with a Capt. Marvel movie.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
The world's not ready for Black Pather guys.

Anywho

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1st, 2014Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1st, 2015Ant-Man - July 17th, 2015Captain America 3 - May 6th, 2016(Doctor Strange) - July 8th, 2016(Thor 3) - July 26th, 2017(Inhumans) - November 3rd, 2017(Guardians of the Galaxy 2 now with more Hulk or Ghost Rider ) - July 6th, 2018(Capt. Marvel aka Princess Sparklefist) - November 2nd, 2018(Avengers 3) - May 3rd, 2019

Yo Drew Goddard gotta feel stupid for jumping off the Daredevil train for a movie than might even happen at this rate.

Anywho my Guess for more TV stuff that may be announced.

Something for ABC Family and my guess is Runaways without Old Lace.

Something akin to the netflix series for the supernatural

Blade
Werewolf by Night
Doctor Voodoo
Damien Hellfire
Midnight sons

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
The world's not ready for Black Pather guys.

Anywho

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1st, 2014
Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1st, 2015
Ant-Man - July 17th, 2015
Captain America 3 - May 6th, 2016
(Doctor Strange) - July 8th, 2016
(Thor 3) - July 26th, 2017
(Inhumans) - November 3rd, 2017
(Guardians of the Galaxy 2 now with more Hulk or Ghost Rider ) - July 6th, 2018
(Capt. Marvel aka Princess Sparklefist) - November 2nd, 2018
(Avengers 3) - May 3rd, 2019

Yo Drew Goddard gotta feel stupid for jumping off the Daredevil train for a movie than might even happen at this rate.

Anywho my Guess for more TV stuff that may be announced.

Something for ABC Family and my guess is Runaways without Old Lace.

Something akin to the netflix series for the supernatural

Blade
Werewolf by Night
Doctor Voodoo
Damien Hellfire
Midnight sons

Better Readability.

I think that Black Panther will be in the background of something before he gets his own thing.  Just conversation and like.  Maybe a few scenes with him flitting about but not ever explicitly focused on.

Yeah with the Girl Named as Thor move means that Disney is probably looking to get Marvel into Female Leads of the non-typical type.  So far they have had to promote what is arguably a Side Character to a lead role to make it work.  You can only do that so long.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:18:01 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm expecting Black Panther to debut in Age of Ultron.

Even if he doesn't get his own dedicated movie right away, I fully expect Wakanda to be the setting and Black Panther to be a supporting character in an upcoming movie.... if not AoU, them maybe in something like Captain America 3.
Cap goes to Africa to chase down HYDRA/Zola/Baron Von Strucker or even Ultron which leads him to Wakanda for some reason. At first BP appears to be against Cap (Big fight that ends in a sort of stale mate... or BP sparing Cap when he realizes why he is there), but it turns out he was just protecting his lands. They then team up to the real threat to his land, his people and his Vibranium mines.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Don't get all the BP love. A movie could be awesome if done right say a bit of the Wilby Conspiracy in the Marvel Universe. But I don't think marvel has the balls to touch Apartheid and how shut off and how Xenophobic Wakanda is supposed to be.

Also not really feeling blackNmild's take on it.

If your going to do a Black Panther Movie than it has to reasonable divorced from the rest of the films. We know that Wakanda will be in AOU meaning that Ultron gets into the Vibranium stores. Use this as a jumping off point that in the BP for Man Ape killing the OG Black Panther after deeming him to weak to lead the country, and him making a deal with Klaw to get rid of the Vibranium. The Long prince ousted out now has to flee in a country that sees him as an enemy of the state. Throw in a low key supporting character like Hawkeye or Capatian Britan.

It wouldn't be that Dark of a film but it would parallel alot of the topics going on with Africa right now such as Apartheid, Child Soldiers, and the consequences on how cut off Wakanda is from the rest of the Global Community. (The rest of the world decides to let it burn, and relief efforts from the Ultron Incdent are slow moving at best.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
From what I know of Wakanda they rather burn then take outside help.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:08:33 PM by Ceric »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
You don't have to like my take as it was not at all based on any storyline from a BP comic. So my feelings are not hurt in the slightest.

I was spit-ballin based on the fact that he likely won't be the focus of a movie unless it's his title movie.
Just threw the first thing off the top of my head that could weave him into someone elses movie, but still show how dangerous and badass he really is.

I don't know a whole lot about the character, as I didn't read very many comics that he crossed over into when I was younger. But I read up on him a little and seen him in recent animations.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Here is what appears to be the first clips of the 17 minute preview
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=103976

You've already seen the extended trailer that was at the end of it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:51:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
You've ashtray seen the extended trailer that was at the end of it.

I don't understand your crazy moon language.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Must be some kind of inside joke among Marvel employees.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

After watching the 17 min IMAX 3D preview I'm really tempted to watch the entire movie that way since it was really well done, but I just can't justify it to myself to spend that kind of money on watching a movie...

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
you can almost see him holding the check from imax corporation.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
They are pushing IMAX 3D really hard.
Personally I don't really like 3D since it is usually either really poorly done (I never saw Avatar in 3D BTW), I can't really see the effect and/or it just gives me a headache.

The 3D preview was nice, especially for a post effects job, but IMAX already cost too much, and then you throw the 3D tax ontop of that and no thank you. I'll stick to my Matinee routine.
But please Marvel & Gunn, chase that IMAX 3D BO Gross boost. It looks really good on paper.

I was also just reading a movie article yesterday that was talking about how no movie this year has had a 3peat in the #1 spot. The Lego Movie almost had it, but was barely edged out.

They say that, as far as summer movies go, GotG* may be the only one to make it happen, if it can beat out TMNT** in week 2, cause all it has to beat in week 3 is Expendables 3, and that shouldn't be too hard. It also helps that GotG has secured IMAX 3D screens for the first 2-3 weeks (which would be why I assume they are pushing IMAX so damn hard) with an option for an additional 3rd/4th week.

Gotta make that BIG money in the 1st 2 weeks and then let WoM carry it through the rest of it's run.

*GotG is projected to open at $70-$80 Million Opening weekend and possibly rising
**TMNT is projected to open at <$50M last I saw.... I guess the buzz on this isn't too hot.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
*shrug* The 17 Minutes sold me on the Imax 3D.  Unfortunately I won't get to see it on the biggest one in Nashville.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Not to sound like a broken record but I hope Marvel can get the rights back to Spider-man and Fantastic Four soon. Even if this means Sony tanking very badly. It just seems what they're plans for the franchises seem pretty bad.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
The problem with 3D movies is that 24FP is perfect for film, but horrible for 3D. In order to have 3D movies look good they need to run at least at 60FPS but then it looks like a play instead of a movie.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA