Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1169049 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Looks like Dr. Strange could be a "Supernatural Horror" movie, and it has a Director

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/marvels-dr-strange-hires-director-scott-derrickson-exclusive-1201173055/

As Marvel keeps hunting for its “Ant-Man” director, the company continues to move forward with its next phase of films, tapping Scott Derrickson to helm “Dr. Strange.”

Talks are still early but sources say Derrickson, who most recently directed “Sinister,” is Marvel’s choice and a deal should be struck shortly.

Marvel had no comment.

Not alot of confidence in this director... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0220600/
but Marvel has surprised us before (Russo Bros. picked because of paintball ep on Community!?)
so I'll wait till we know more before making judgement.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:24:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Doctor Strange would be a good way to launch the MCU into the magical aspects of the universe, we already have the super hero and cosmic aspects, with the street level coming next year. Doctor strange could launch series based on Ghost Rider, Blade, and nick from runaways.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
The man looks like he could be Dr. Strange in a way.  I don't know if I would want it to be a horror movie but, I see where there coming from.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
There is another rumor going around from badassdigest that Jared Leto may be in talks for Stephen Strange.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Leto has been on a roll lately, I think he could pull it off.  Make up can easily give him the right look.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
The need to ... Average Joe him more.
Honestly my Dad has the right look.  Not out of shape but doesn't look in shape.  Average in most every way.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Doctor Strange really isn't an average joe though. He's usually supposed to have a dynamic look to him even before he learns magic and gets the eye. Think of Doctor Strange as one of the crazy good looking doctor's from one of the medical dramas who usually the smartest person in the room like house, his hands get screwed up and he learns magic.

Plus they should skew a bit older for his actor imo.

Now Ant-man Scott Lang in particular is supposed to be an average joe, being a lower middle class single dad.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Ant-Man directorial news.

Now that McKay had scheduling conflicts and had to remove his name from contention,
Thurber is now the front-runner, but 2 new names have joined the fray.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/huntsman-2-helmer-short-list-frank-darabont-gavin-oconnor-andy-muschietti/

- Nicholas Stoller -
Most Notable Releases: (as Director) Neighbors, Get Him to the Greek, Forgetting Sarah Marshall
(as Writer) Fun with Dick & Jane, Yes Man, The Muppets (2011)

- Michael Dowse
Most Notable Release(s): Take Me Home Tonite

- Ruben Fleischer
Most notable releases: Gangster Squad, Zombieland

- Adam McKay
Most notable releases: Most (if not all) of Will Ferrel's movies over the last decade, Bachelorette, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

- Rawston Marshall Thurber
Most Notable releases: We're the Millers, Dodgeball, Easy A

Out of this selection, I'm going with a strong preference for Stoller.
his writing and directing credits have made me laugh. I think I liked all of his notable movies listed.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
None of those have experience towards big budget films except McKay and Wright.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
None of those have experience towards big budget films except McKay and Wright.

What do you consider a big budget though?
Wrights Top 4 movies have a total WW Gross of $204.4M

Wright
The World's End | Budget: $20M | WW Gross: $46M
Scott Pilgrim | Budget: $60M | WW Gross: $47M
Hot Fuzz | Budget (est) $14M | WW Gross $80M
Shaun of the Dead | Budget (est) $6M| WW Gross: $30M

Stoller
Neighbors | Budget: $18M | WW Gross: $210M
Get Him to the Greek | Budget: $40M |  WW Gross: $91M
Sarah Marshall | Budget: $20M | WW Gross: $105M

Thurber
We're the Millers | Budget: $37M | WW Gross $270M
Dodgeball | Budget: $20M | WW Gross: $167M

Fleischer
Zombieland | Budget: $23M | WW Gross: $102M
Gangster Squad | Budget $60M | WW Gross: 105M

McKay is the only one to break into triple digits productions of the movies that I just skimmed through.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Didn't the Russo brothers and weadon come from TV?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Whedon did Firefly, Buffy, Angel & Dollhouse on TV, and then Serenity in the theaters.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923736/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

- Russo's did Community, Arrested Development, & Happy Endings on TV and then You Me & Dupree in the theaters.
(Anthony) & (Joe)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Conspiracy Theory

Ok, this is all conspiracy, but could Disney and Marvel try to pull the director of Fantastic Four by offering him a Star Wars film to direct?  Sound crazy? 

It probably is...but man if it could happen, Fox would be screwed.  If Marvel and Disney are really trying to play dirty to get Fantastic Four back...this is an evil and brilliant strategy. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
That would honestly, be brilliant and evil.  Keeping the movie in development hell is a sure way to run the license out.  Any one delay could cause more delays (e.g., the director has to be replaced which pushes back filming, which creates schedule conflicts for actors who may walk).

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
From other things being posted in this thread I don't know if Marvel and Disney want to bring back the Fantastic Four as much as kill them off and retire them to History.

Is it just me or is there a lot of comedy director being named as possibilities for Ant-Man?  Is it going to be a Super Hero Comedy?  The only character I could think of that could really pull that off is DC owned and that is Booster Gold.  I could be wrong though.

I heard Whedon being named in the thread but I didn't see it on the list.  Out of the choices I think I prefer him if an option.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I don't think Marvel would want to retire F4 forever.  That's one of their most iconic franchises.  Shelving the series for a while is just giving them a rest.  It's kinda like when Otto Octavius was Spider-Man for a while instead of Peter Parker.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Marvel Studios files some Trademarks...
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/05/30/9-marvel-trademarks-reveal-future-superhero-line-ups-1459989?lt_source=external,manual,manual,manual#!VbXxi

Age Of Ultron (Avengers 2)
Alpha Flight (possibly related to Big Hero 6)
Black Panther (already has something in the works)
Guardians Of The Galaxy (comes out in August)
New Warriors (is what led to Nova <see article>)
Rocket Raccoon (possible solo movie? in GotG)
Strikeforce Morituri (almost had a TV show over a decade ago <see article>)
Journey Into Mystery (1st appearance of Thor <see article>)
Irredeemable Ant Man (? wrong Ant-Man, but maybe there was some twisted **** going on?)

Descriptions for each are at the link above, although I added some very brief descriptors.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
NYC Locals get a SPECIAL MARVEL TREAT
http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/1/5769224/avengers-on-display-touring-marvel-universe-in-times-square
Marvel’s Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. will soon open its doors at New York City's Discovery Times Square. The exhibit, a collaboration between Victory Hill Exhibitions, Marvel, NASA and the National Academy of Sciences, is perhaps the most ambitious and expensive production that's ever been put on at Discovery. It offers visitors an immersive tour of Marvel's universe and incorporates dozens of props from The Avengers , Captain America, and more. But the experience as a whole is what will stand out most to Marvel fans — even if you've never touched a comic and have only seen the movies.

Upon entering the exhibit, you're greeted by SHIELD agent Felix Blake, who invites you to temporarily join the squad's elite ranks. Visitors are each given a personal ID card that's used to activate various interactive games and scientific lessons placed throughout the show. Since real-life education is meant to be a theme of S.T.A.T.I.O.N., you'll learn how Thor’s hammer conducts electricity, what happens to Bruce Banner’s brain chemistry as he morphs into the Hulk, and so on. Luckily none of this feels forced or detracts from the overall presentation. The incredible atmosphere makes it feel as if you're actually touring the halls of SHIELD, and this is aided by the exhibit's refusal to break the fourth wall

many more pics of the exhibit at the link. I wonder if this exhibit will make it's way to SF.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
That's fucking awesome.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
James Gunn speaks on GotG IMAX 3D
https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10152466527914570?notif_t=like
Just got out of working on the Guardians cut for IMAX 3D and I'm unbelievably excited about it. Guardians of the Galaxy has been planned as a 3D film from its very inception. Yes, if you see the film in 2D, you'll get a full experience. But the 3D experience promises a little something extra. Unlike many directors, I've been actively involved with converting every shot to 3D, making sure it works perfectly for the story and the film, making sure it's spectacular and immersive without being silly, distracting, or overly showy. 3D conversion was once far inferior to shooting in 3D, but over the past couple years new technology has allowed us incredible control over the 3D effects, making it equal to or in some cases greater than shooting in 3D.
As an EXTRA benefit for those who see the film in IMAX 3D, we will be changing aspect ratios throughout the film in a way that makes the experience even fuller and more encompassing. I've personally chosen all the places where the changes occur and, again, I love how it's coming along. The changing aspect ratios in this case are actually a part of the storytelling.
Just wanted to share some of this stuff with you guys since I haven't had a chance to talk about the 3D much. Hope you're all having a great day. Hi!

and Two TV spots for GoTG

:30 sec spot

1 Minute (Off Screen) spot

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
In Kill la Kill they change the Aspect Ratio whenever there is a flashback.  In general its 16:9 but when there is a Flashback then it turns 4:3 and a little grainy like it was old stock.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Well, this won't be so obvious. It'll be like in Life of Pie or Catching Fire.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Here is a clean HQ version of the 1minute TV spot

a bunch of awesome fan-made posters:
http://blurppy.com/2014/06/06/exclusive-phase-2-of-the-poster-posses-tribute-to-marvel-james-gunns-guardians-of-the-galaxy-goes-super-nova/

more at the link!

And last but not least, Lee Pace talks Ronan the Accuser and a lil tid bit about the post credits from James Gunn
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=101428
During a recent interview with Yahoo Movies, actor Lee Pace gushed more about his role as the main villain in Marvel and James Gunn's forthcoming Guardians of the Galaxy adaptation. "I’ve never played a character like Ronan before," admitted Pace. "I like a bombastic villain, and that’s what I had a good time doing. It was the most fun playing this character… I was stronger than I’ve ever been, doing all this training, and the character is just a beast. He’s just so evil. At first when I started working on him, I was thinking, 'We’ve seen so many great performances of villains by very talented actors in superhero movies. I’ve got to find something relatable about this guy.' But the more I played him, the more fun I had with just being evil. Evil, evil, evil. He’s an alien – there’s no kind of human rules. There’s nothing to relate to, actually. It just became, like, the more dark I could conceive of him, the more I understood him."

Lee Pace was then, jokingly, asked if Ronan the Accuser's eyebrows are one of his most evil traits. "You don’t even see my eyebrows!" the actor replied. "It’s covered up with that black ceremonial paint. He’s like Osama bin Laden – he’s like a religious fanatic. It’s so cool. When in my life did I think I’d be playing a character like this? When I got the call about this, I was like, 'What? OK, OK… I’m in.' I’d auditioned for Star-Lord, and then Chris obviously got the part… and then they called my agent and said, 'We have another part for him!' So I quickly put that on tape and Ronan worked out." In the latest issue of Total Film magazine, Lee Pace offers some other interesting details about Ronan: "He's the Accuser of the Kree; he passes judgement. He's got a code to live by. This is a spiritual mission."

Meanwhile, Guardians director James Gunn has teased the film's post-credits scene(s). "There will be a little something special at the very end of the movie... very special," he said in a Facebook post. "But that's all I can say about it. I'm not sure we're even going to have it at the premiere so it's not spoiled online for everyone seeing the film opening night."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:48:01 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
You forgot the [/youtube]
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Marvel Heroes MMO 2015 trailer