Author Topic: Cancel your Nintencats pre-orders.  (Read 15090 times)

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Cancel your Nintencats pre-orders.
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
Only 'breeds' confirmed are long hair, short hair and siamese. Seriously.

Why even bother including them Nintendo? **** your bias to dogs.

Dogs suck. When was the last time a dog did anything good? As far as I can tell all dogs do is smell bad and try and **** people's legs.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:31:07 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline MysticYumDrop

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cancel your Nintencats pre-orders.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:40:29 AM »
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed myself.  I am a dog lover mainly, but cats, I think they are just as adorable.

They did cater to the dog owners more, and didn't even bother including just as many cat breeds as dog breeds in every game.

Dogs do a lot of good things...they play with you, they love your attention...when I am sad, my dog comes up to me and put her head in my lap and licks me...you do have to wash dogs, but in my opinion, dogs are more loyal and they are there whenever you do need them.  My father likes cats and had two, but when they don't feel like you, they will show it.  I really couldn't treat the cats like I could treat my dogs.
My Status:  Currently, I cannot wait for the 3DS and Spring Break next month.  They both start the same day!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:56:45 AM »
Dogs suck. When was the last time a dog did anything good?

Dogs drag people out of burning houses. They're loyal. They're man's best friend.
is your sanity...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:36:30 PM »
The thing with cats is no one really cares about the breeds.  With dogs, breeds are a big deal.  People are willing to pay big money for purebred dogs and the purebreds are usually the best looking dogs too.  Purebred cats are usually weird looking.  The cutest cat is the standard tabby you can usually get for FREE.  "Mutt" cats are usually the cutest.  Most people only know cats as long haired or short haired with Siamese being a rare exception for a purebred cat that is well known.

When people ask what type of cat I have I say "short hair" and that's all I even know.  The culture of cat ownership is just different from that of dogs.

Of course I won't get this game because I have a real cat.  I see no point in owning a virtual one.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
The thing with cats is no one really cares about the breeds.

While, I'm not disagreeing that it's usually true, my mother recently got a bob-tailed cat (nub for a tail). It got hit by a car before it's first birthday, so now we're getting two more bob-tail cats. (Strange fact: some cats of the bob-tail breed actually have tails of normal length.) Bob-tail cats tend to be more friendly and people-oriented, like dogs are.

Another cool cat breed is a toyger, which is a cat that is striped like a tiger.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »
I think it should have been a sign that cats were an afterthought with the game when it was revealed that the name was "Nintendogs +cats". It's a little disappointing though, I wasn't planning to get the new game anyways (unless they made a lot of changes) since I got bored with the first game after a week or two.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »
Maybe Nintendo is planning a future update called Nintencats + Dogs that focuses more on the cats than dogs, but is compatible with original 3 titles.

Offline MysticYumDrop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 02:33:38 PM »
Maybe Nintendo is planning a future update called Nintencats + Dogs that focuses more on the cats than dogs, but is compatible with original 3 titles.

I really doubt that, though one catered specially towards cats would be great, but I doubt it would sell since Nintendogs + Cats would had already came out.

Yeah, the "cats" were probably just an afterthought as said earlier, but I really thought of it as the main new feature to the game (since it really doesn't have nothing else that's new to bring to the table)...that it would include special breeds of cats, just as many as dogs.

My Status:  Currently, I cannot wait for the 3DS and Spring Break next month.  They both start the same day!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
Nintengerbils
is your sanity...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 04:41:05 PM »
While, I'm not disagreeing that it's usually true, my mother recently got a bob-tailed cat (nub for a tail). It got hit by a car before it's first birthday, so now we're getting two more bob-tail cats. (Strange fact: some cats of the bob-tail breed actually have tails of normal length.) Bob-tail cats tend to be more friendly and people-oriented, like dogs are.

Is that a Manx or it is something different?  My parents have a Manx and he has this little stub for a tail and long hind legs like a rabbit.

In my personal experience though I have never met anyone that specifically seeked out a specific breed of cat.  It obviously does happen but anyone I know got their cat from a shelter or invited a stray into their house or some neighbour had kittens and was giving them away for free.  But with dogs?  You ask someone about their dog and they go on and on about what breed the dame thing is.  They specifically bought the dog and it usually cost them a lot.

How often do you find out someone has a cat and you ask the breed?  With dogs that is like the very first thing anyone asks.  I figure Nintendo probably half-assed it since they certainly COULD have done some more research but they probably know that with dog people breed is incredibly important but with cat people it is not so mainstream.

Though I will admit I was raised in the country where everyone's story for how they got their cat involved stray kittens found in a barn somewhere.  You don't buy your cats, they just sort of enter your life one day.  In the city do people go to cat breeders routinely?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
I have never done that, every cat my family ever had were strays or the kittens of those strays.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 01:44:13 AM »
The breed is actually called "American Bobtail." There's no relation to manx (nor is there any to the Japanese Bobtail), but the tail does look similar to the manx.

I've never heard of anyone else looking for a particular breed of cat, either. My mother is just weird (but I love her, so back off). ;)
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »
That's what is magical about cats, you don't pick them, they pick you. If anything you're their pet.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 02:49:34 AM »
I want a Nintenpeople game.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:57:30 AM »
What? Animal Crossing isn't good enough for you? Then just get The Sims you hippie.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »
In the city do people go to cat breeders routinely?

There are just as many (maybe even more) stray cats in cities as there are in the country, so I would really hope people don't go to cat breeders. Because there are far too many cats out there that need homes. If you go to a cat breeder to get a cat custom made it means there's some non-pedigree plain cat out there that isn't going to get a home.
is your sanity...

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 01:02:59 AM »
I've got to agree with Ian on this one.  More than that, putting actual breed names of cats would just be confusing because most people don't even know the names of different cat breeds.  The way to do it where people actually understand is long haired/short haired.
Other cat descriptions they could add as well: hair color, puffy cheeks, those weird flat ears, bob tail.
I swear I remember seeing pictures of some Nintendo bigshot with a flat eared cat.

I see I'm not the only who basically had cats because they came to the house one day.  I even had one that the vet believed to be pure bred but we coudn't be sure since it was a stray.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 03:59:45 PM »
Cats are horse ****.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 09:06:52 PM »
Cats are horse ****.

I know your name is Brandogg, but that is uncalled for.
is your sanity...

Offline RagnaBlade

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »
Cats are the best. I foster them, and I love them a ton. They're my only weakness. It disappoints me that there will not be a comprehensive cat selection. Oh, well. I plan to get a black kitten when I graduate and name it Ninja.
Sand will cover this place. Sand will cover you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »
People think cats are awesome, but in general, cats hate people. If your cat rubs on your leg, it's because it thinks you stink. If your cat brings you a dead (or wounded) animal, it's because it thinks your weak and it's trying to teach you how to hunt.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »
Yeah, both of those statements go against everything I have heard experts on cats say.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
Cracked has weighed in on the issue.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline RagnaBlade

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »
Please, dogs are not better pets than cats. They are utterly dependent on people for care, whereas cats are some of the only animals that can survive without human masters because they retain their hunting instincts and their prey is plentiful even now. Plus, they clean up after themselves. Stop hating on cats.
Sand will cover this place. Sand will cover you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »
You're confusing domesticated dogs with all dogs (there are still wild dogs out there that do not depend on humans to care for them). Cats are not fully domesticated yet, because people have not been using them as pets until somewhat recently (as in much more recent than dogs at least), because they've typically been considered...useless. Dogs have been domesticated for 15 thousand years, and have been bred for specific purposes, which is why there are so many breeds nowadays compared to cats. I have a miniature pinscher and he's hunted and killed several animals, including frogs, snakes, moles, squirells, birds and opossums. I'm pretty sure that certain dogs (again, they've been bred for specific purposes), even domesticated, would do just fine on their own in the wild. They just, in general, make better pets. You can argue that, but you would be wrong. I don't hate cats, and I'm not a dog fanatic by any means...I just prefer dogs over cats.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:04:27 AM by Brandogg »