Author Topic: Brawl Delayed to February in N. America  (Read 24468 times)

Offline Sonuis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Brawl Delayed to February in N. America
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
I can live with it.
"Oh no! Those are my hidden tomatoes!"
"You idiot! You hid those?"
"They look delicious."

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Brawl Delayed to February in N. America
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »
Wow so much twisted and pointless debating and arguing...I have to jump in.

I personally think that we should move away from the discussion of whether Melee was rushed or not...that really isn't the point of this thread or the argument.

The fact is that despite Melee being a really great game (that as far as I can tell nobody is denying) that the game isn't perfect.  

There are several areas of Melee that can be pointed out as flaws or bad decisions during development and each individual player will weigh those differently on what those flaws mean in the overall scheme of the game.

Personally, I am mixed about the clones.  I liked some of them Roy, and Doctor Mario, Young Link, but I didn't like others Gannondorf, Pichu.  I don't know if there inclusion hurts the game, because I have a feeling by the time they added those characters they weren't worried about balancing those characters, as in they were extras.  Does that mean I think those resources could have been used in other areas of the game?  Perhaps, but honestly probably not.  

Personally, I had a complaint about the speed of the game and how it became too hectic.  None of my friends enjoyed playing the game because it was too fast and hard to follow the action with more than 2 players.  This was a valid concern that hurt the replay value of the game for me, because the multiplayer aspect of the game is its biggest draw.  But, I did love the single player mode...and for that reason kept the game.

So we move this discussion to Brawl being delayed for further development and we are relieved because it mostly likely means better balance, more items, and just more fun...but I wonder if that is all there is to the delay.  From the sounds of the impressions there is some definite character balancing needing to be done, because MetaKnight just sounds too much like a beast, and we know he is a faster character.  So let's hope that is being done.  As well, I do hope that delay may mean the addition of one or two other 3rd party characters, because this game might be the last Smash Bros game I want it to include all possiblities.

Also, I have a feeling that the art team for Brawl is nearing completition of its work, and I bet half of them are just working on trophies and stickers and such and the other half is working on any last minute changes and details needed in the main game.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Brawl Delayed to February in N. America
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2007, 10:48:49 AM »
Brawl gives me a ALOT of hope, it will have 2 years development time and was able to springboard off the Melee engine meaning that there is a TON of potential in that development time frame.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144