Author Topic: Replacements for Departed Forum Members  (Read 26639 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Replacements for Departed Forum Members
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
Everybody's favorite NWR forums member TJ Spyke was recently banned for all eternity, and that got me to thinking, who will take up the baton and fulfill his place in these forums?

Now, we definitely don't want the less savory aspects of his character, such as sexism, corporate apologism, or being a fan of The Big Bang Theory, but there are plenty of valuable services he provided that need replacing.

What say you, forum-goers? Who will step up and be the hero we all need?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:08:04 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top TJ Spyke
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:55 PM »
Pokepal
Oblivion

I think those two are the closest equivalents to TJ in the forums today. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »
What did I do? I was simply telling him with a source that it was already confirmed. And it only took me five seconds to find, it's not like I spent hours digging through Google to find it.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
Let me ask you this, Oblivion: How good are you at using Wikipedia?

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
I usually don't use it, but I'm as good as anyone else when I need to.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:08 PM »
Can you quickly form an opinion and refuse to acknowledge any other viewpoints, even when presented with evidence to the contrary?

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
This is a bit immature, even for the funhouse. If anyone, we should be trying to replace Rab and SUPER.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 10:50:16 PM »
What did I do? I was simply telling him with a source that it was already confirmed. And it only took me five seconds to find, it's not like I spent hours digging through Google to find it.

Someone called you TJ in the 2DS talkback thread.  You can also be confrontational at times.  That's all i'm basing it on.

To be fair, you're the first to respond out of my two choices, so it's like you're volunteering at this point.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »
Can you quickly form an opinion and refuse to acknowledge any other viewpoints, even when presented with evidence to the contrary?

Nah. I can quickly form an opinion, but if someone shows me evidence to something I simply can't ignore, I'll concede to their viewpoint.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:10 PM »

Nah. I can quickly form an opinion, but if someone shows me evidence to something I simply can't ignore, I'll concede to their viewpoint.

Well you don't have what it takes to be TJ Spyke, then.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »
This is a bit immature, even for the funhouse. If anyone, we should be trying to replace Rab and SUPER.

As far as I know, SUPER's still controlling half the people on the forums. Also, he's not banned, and could return anytime he wants. But in an effort to be less immature, and to spread out the mockery across a wider group of people, I'll tweak the thread a bit.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Replacements for Departed Forum Members
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
Someone called you TJ in the 2DS talkback thread.  You can also be confrontational at times.  That's all i'm basing it on.
Ha, that was me. I thought the condescending tone was TJ-esque. It lacked the usual "Um" or "Actually" though. I was mostly joking.

Not really sure you can replace TJ. Most people who seem that trollish try way too hard, but he was just like that and he really didn't know why he had his reputation which is funny and sad at the same time. It was kind of annoying when I had my first run-in with him (he refused to provide me a link from one of his reputable sources), but once it became clear that was how he was all the time, I would read his posts and just think, "Oh, you." Occasionally, I'd get baited into responding, but that's my fault at that point. Every forum regular knew exactly what they were getting into when responding to him. I felt like it almost became sport to some people. Typically, hilarity ensued.

He was the only forum member who was that volatile and abrasive. There were others who were also volatile and abrasive, but TJ could stop an entire conversation by just being himself and unlike the others, he posted all the time. No one else on NWR comes close to having that effect on discussion. Even Ian with his ridic everything-Nintendo-does-is-wrong-even-when-I-admit-it's-right-why-am-I-on-a-Nintendo-forum posts hold some value (sometimes). If the only positive service TJ offered was posting Wikipedia links, anyone can do that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:56:45 AM by Adrock »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »
Is this somehow better than my "Umm... Hey, TJ" thread?  At least there, I was trying to get TJ to provide some evidence of his statement.  This is just picking on him at this point - and he can't even respond.

Can't we just rest on the fact that he's gone and move on?

Going to go start the "Why is Insanolord still a mod?" topic now...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »
Actually Adrock, I was trying to be condescending. Hard to believe right? Seriously though. I apologize if I came across like that.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »
Is this somehow better than my "Umm... Hey, TJ" thread?  At least there, I was trying to get TJ to provide some evidence of his statement.  This is just picking on him at this point - and he can't even respond.
I don't think anyone is claiming this thread is enter than yours, unless you're pointing to why yours was closed and this one is still open.

I don't think TJ would have responded even if he could, judging by your topic. In any case, this hasn't descended into a burning at the stake. I tried to be civil.

I wish someone would replace Mashiro from way back when. He was pretty funny.
Actually Adrock,
Now you're getting the hang of it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
To be honest, I was the one who locked the other thread... and I have the power to unlock it at my will. :D

My topic wasn't a burning at the stake either - it was an open call for him to respond.  He had the power to end it at any time by responding with relevant data or saying that he made it up.

This thread is just mean.  He's not even here to defend himself if he wanted to.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
I wasn't implying yours was mean spirited, just that this topic isn't entirely either (at least not yet). Not everyone who has left has a bad rep.

I mentioned Mashiro. Golden Phoenix doesn't really post anymore, but she contributed to discussions. I don't really see BlackNMild as often as before, but I lurk the General Discussion forum and see him there more than Talkback and Nintendo Console Discussion where I mostly go. I wish Mop It Up posted more. She drops by in spurts, posts in like five threads then disappears for days.

I like discussions, that's why I post here, and anyone who contributes is welcome. I wish it wouldn't descend into negativity so frequently, but I guess that's just the way it goes.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »
I wasn't implying yours was mean spirited, just that this topic isn't entirely either (at least not yet). Not everyone who has left has a bad rep.

I mentioned Mashiro. Golden Phoenix doesn't really post anymore, but she contributed to discussions. I don't really see BlackNMild as often as before, but I lurk the General Discussion forum and see him there more than Talkback and Nintendo Console Discussion where I mostly go. I wish Mop It Up posted more. She drops by in spurts, posts in like five threads then disappears for days.

I like discussions, that's why I post here, and anyone who contributes is welcome. I wish it wouldn't descend into negativity so frequently, but I guess that's just the way it goes.

I'm personally fine with a little lighthearted hazing or teasing, as long as it doesn't devolve into outright insults or namecalling.  It was a lot of fun experiencing tendoboy, pokepal, and now lucariofan all going through their onlslaught of terrible posting, and now I see all of them as a fun fixture of the forums.  I hope they all hang around, they add flavor and variety to the forums.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »
Alright fine. I've kept it quiet but since he's gone whatever. He's my "Why I dislike TJ story" and get it off my chest.

In the Matchmaking forum, I had this lovely thread about trading Metroid Prime 3 Vouchers: https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=27953.0 (So great!)

At that time, a few people stepped up to trade vouchers with me. Maxi, Mop it up and TJ Spyke. I think we did a test and both changed a voucher each to make sure it works and then I sent him another 4 vouchers. He never traded them back to me. Anyways, I found out that you had to beat Hypermode to get the credits needed to unlock everything and put the game off for awhile which turned into years.

When the news came of the WiiConnect service ending, I finally cracked this game open again and saw that he had never sent those vouchers. So I contacted him in a PM and here is the PM history.

Wednesday May 29, 2013. NWR forums.

Message from Khushrenada - TJ Spyke:

Hey TJ,

A couple years ago, I sent you some friend vouchers for Metroid Prime 3 as we agreed to trade a few between us. I sent you 4 but I never received any from you in return. With some of the Wii internet service going down, I popped the game in yesterday to see if I needed any vouchers to complete the game and saw that you still had yet to send me those few. Would it be possible for you to send me them?

Regards,
-Khushrenada

Message from TJ Spyke - Khushrenada:

LOL, I hadnt played the game in quite some time. Sure, this weekend I will fire up my Wii (don't have it with me right now), and send you some.

Sounds good. Of course, if I don't see them by Monday, I am going to pester you some more so fair warning.

But yeah. I hadn't felt the need or desire to play MP3 since the first and only tme I played through it a few years back. Playing it again, I'm surprised at what I do remember but how much I'd really forgotten about this game. What I'm most pleasantly surprised is that I thought I'd somehow lost the data because my save file showed no time or any indication I'd beaten the game once although I could select to play in Hypermode and the other unlockables were still unlocked. So, I started a new game thinking I'd have to refind everything only to discover that the game keeps all your scans. So, I don't have to worry about rescanning everything and filling out the logbook. It is already complete. I can just play the game and collect upgrades and that's it. So, now I'm just breezing through it. That is an awesome feature from the previous two games I had no idea existed until just yesterday.

Anyways, thanks again.

Monday June 3, 2013. NWR forums.

Still haven't gotten my friend vouchers/coins/badges/whatever from you yet. I warned you! If I have to start a thread and campaign to shame you into, then I will and I really don't want to but that's how serious I am. Deadly.
Sorry, soon I promise.

Tuesday June 4, 2013. NWR forums.

I think I see the problem, you have my old Wii Friend Code. I got a new Wii awhile ago, the Friend Code is in my profile.

Wednesday June 5, 2013. NWR forums.

Ok. I'll check it out. It's odd because it doesn't show your name in gray indicating that it still senses you have a save file for MP3. Decoyman's name in gray on my friend list but yours isn't. That said, I'll check the numbers tonight and if I do have your old one, I'll change it and we'll see what happens.
Ok. I entered your new Wii code in and your name comes up as grey and says you must register me. In case you need it again, my Wii code is 4268 4250 8282 2299. Which also means that where ever your old Wii is, someone still has me registered on it.
K, I will do it soon. My Wii is at my friends house. Don't worry, Nintendo won't shut down the service til the 27th
Yes, I saw that Wii message today as well which I thought was funny as if Nintendo knew what was going on and providing this ominous warning.

Wednesday June 12, 2013. NWR forums.

Message from Khushrenada - TJ Spyke
So, how close are you to getting this done? Because it has been 2 weeks (and 4 years really) and there are only 2 weeks now left.

I have collected more friend vouchers so I can try and trade with someone else at this point so let me know your plans.

Regards,
-Khushrenada

He never responded to that last PM. Frustrated, I bumped up my old thread in the Matchmaking forum and fortunately, Mop it up, a true saint of these forums, was able to help me out and did so in a prompt and diligent manner. If I had relied on TJ Spyke, I doubt I'd ever got him and that experience soured me on him. Maybe he did have intentions to swap vouchers with me when I first contacted him but then he did nothing about it, kept making excuses for the delay and finally when I just politely asked him if I should try someone else and gave him an opportunity to get out of helping me, he didn't even have the decency to respond or tell me if he could or couldn't help.

It shows that it didn't matter how you treated him because I never posted anything negative of him or joined in the general bashing and was respectful to him in my messages, the man was just lacking in civility and truly deserved his title of asshole.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 01:01:24 PM »
On the other hand, just before he got banned, I pointed out a mistake he made in this thread in the Gameplay Strategy section and he actually replied back admitting he made an error. So maybe he was starting to turn a corner. You can see the unbelievable evidence here: https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=42440.0

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
Now, the truth comes out!  We see why Khushy stands up for /some/ banned members, but not all!  Personal vendetta!  You thought he was your patron saint, when really, he's just in it for himself.  ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
Insanolord already nailed it in the offhand comment thread but here it is again.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!

Because that would mean playing nice with everyone and some forum members just don't deserve it.

Especially that bastard Khushrenada.

I gave him the applauds he deserved.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 06:00:42 PM »
Who was the last MAJOR ban? It seems most tenured members who leave just disappear after a while.

The last major exit was Maxi's that I recall, though he left of his own volition.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
that chozo ghost guy gave the ghost after a conflict with unclebob.

S-U-P-E-R also seems to be lurking while hiding behind his rather blatant dupe.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »
Who was the last MAJOR ban? It seems most tenured members who leave just disappear after a while.

The last major exit was Maxi's that I recall, though he left of his own volition.

I'd argue that maybe the Pro666 ban was probably the most recent in major bannings although that was just a temp ban but he never really returned after that. The Mario ban caused quite the kerfuffle in the day and animecyberrat was a bit high profile. But that's about all I can think of in the major categroy if you are looking for long-term bans. In short term bans, the FREE SUPER campaign was probably the most recent and talked about banning issue.

On a different note, if I campaign for TJ Spyke, can I get my title changed to NWR Forums Patron Saint? Or better yet, can I get that title without having to campaing for TJ Spyke? I didn't realize I was so revered.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »
A title is a title. Any man can be called a saint, but not actually be one.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 07:12:42 PM »
Dude, you are so deep.

Just like your mom.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 08:10:13 PM »
I'm sensing a trend.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 01:06:26 AM »
Has TJ been perma banned?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »

J.P. Corbran

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 01:51:59 AM »
Toddar and shingi has some TJ like aspects in the xBone thread. They are both very schizophrenic in that thread. Shingi to this day still feels like he is getting paid to post about tech.

Lucariofan99 is really getting on my nerves with is increasingly asinine posts. He is the new Tendoboy where tendoboy is diet. So bad that he can't even funhaus properly.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 06:17:02 AM »
We will call it the Tendoboy 10: and it IS for women.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »
well i found our next contestant in the Tj Spyke contest
So having a moral compass and doing good is now equal to being bad? That makes no sense. And I am not talking about tributes, although using that as proof is not valid because when corporate broadcasters do those things they do get permission first, but when some chump on Youtube does it they should just get a free pass?

It does cause harm how do you not see that? There are actors who are starving because they can't get paying gigs because piracy is out of control and Youtube is changing the entire industry so people are getting used to having to work for little to no pay and that is a good thing? You mean to tell me that you think that just because someone made something that YOU like it gives you the right to make money off it because it is a tribute? If you want to show them love buy their **** and pay them for their work. How hard is that? Do you also support sneaking into ballgames, movie theaters, and airplanes? Do you not realize that when big corporations lose money they downsize and they downsize by LAYING PEOPLE OFF, good hard working people who lose their jobs because of this ****. Holy crap anyone who thinks that is GOOD is out of their damn mind.

If you ever worked in the entertainment business you would know how much this **** is destroying our economy. Our nations number one export is entertainment, and if that starts to fall we are in deep **** because we don't have anything to replace it since we lost our edge in manufacturing. I should have said if you ever worked period because in my experience the people who tend to support any form of infringment or piracy are usually bums anyways.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »
Well ****. Who's gonna beat that?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »
Fuel is our biggest export (not Fuel TV). I'm sure we sell a lot of movies, music and games, but entertainment isn't even in our top 5 exports.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:44:53 AM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »
Well ****. Who's gonna beat that?
idk but apparently he's gonna keep going.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 11:26:09 PM »
toddra for the win!
WHAT!?
are u surprised i did not ask for mii?(me=mii get it GET IT!)
Made you look ****.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
I can't even remember any specific run in with TJ Spyke. Most of my hate is directed at broodwars.

Does anyone want to compile a 'best (worst) of TJ Spyke' for me?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »
Just search his name on the forums, shouldn't be hard to build a case.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »
I can't even remember any specific run in with TJ Spyke. Most of my hate is directed at broodwars.

Huh? Sorry, but who are you?  :Q   We must have had some incredible arguments, indeed, since you're just that damn memorable.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:16:33 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »

Wait when did I get nominated? I am pretty reasonable if you give me a chance. I just noticed my change in title that was a bit harsh.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:19:55 PM by toddra »

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
I don't wonna be a mewtwo reject! :'(  O.K who did this?!
Made you look ****.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »
Fuel is our biggest export (not Fuel TV). I'm sure we sell a lot of movies, music and games, but entertainment isn't even in our top 5 exports.

Alright so I didn't think that post all the way through, but that is what our Media Professor said and he had charts to back it up so I don't know who is wrong you or him.

Anyways you all noticed how I said my peace and then walked away from that thread so how was I unreasonable?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 09:46:56 PM »
That is true, you were able to let the argument go and walk away instead of getting more indignant and obnoxious and standing your ground to the bitter end, so you're definitely not a good candidate to be TJ Spyke.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 10:08:55 PM »
That is true, you were able to let the argument go and walk away instead of getting more indignant and obnoxious and standing your ground to the bitter end, so you're definitely not a good candidate to be TJ Spyke.
but he did promise that he would return. besides if he's TJ's son maybe that came from the mother's side ;)

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 10:14:45 PM »
I am probably older than TJ so how could I be his son, besides I was banned years before he showed up.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »
the custom titles really should be taken with more then a grain of salt. anyone who thinks i'm the worst poster ever should look at the comments on a youtube video.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:21 PM »
I am probably older than TJ so how could I be his son, besides I was banned years before he showed up.

Time Travel?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2013, 11:31:31 PM »
Don't listen to your media professor.

http://bea.gov/newsreleases/international/trade/2013/pdf/trad1212.pdf

That's a lot of information to look at, here's a more concise report.

http://www.ibisworld.com/Common/MediaCenter/Imports-Exports.pdf

Clearly you're not TJ Spkye or you would have posted links to Wikipedia and ignored any reasoning.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »
Well he is an Apple fanboy so I should have known he was biased. And I don't take the custom titles seriously at all, my old one from way back was a thousand times worse. But I don't want to bring up too much of the past there are better things to talk about.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 12:39:37 AM »
1. I am not an Apple fanboy, I just happen to like a lot of the products they make.

2. I didn't give you that title. In fact, I haven't given anyone an insulting title in a while. I should probably get back to doing that.

J.P. Corbran

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 12:47:03 AM »
1. I am not an Apple fanboy, I just happen to like a lot of the products they make.

2. I didn't give you that title. In fact, I haven't given anyone an insulting title in a while. I should probably get back to doing that.

My professor that I was taking about is an Apple Fan boy, that was addressed to Brandog I believe sorry for the confusion. I don't have a negative view of you, I enjoy our back and forths if I didn't I wouldn't still be here. I don't mind the title it makes me feel like a part of the community.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 12:54:18 AM »
You really don't want that title. Getting called a TJ is the worse insult on these forums that doesn't involve swearing in a creative manner. It's a massive dishonor and a warning to you about who you are perceived to be.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2013, 12:55:22 AM »
I don't mind the title it makes me feel like a part of the community.
Oddly by comparing you to someone who is no longer part of the community.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »
He wasn't a part of the community long before he was forcibly removed from it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2013, 01:01:45 AM »
I just googled TJ Spyke and it turns out he's a member of at least ten different wiki's. Why am I not surprised?

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2013, 01:02:19 AM »
then how about a change of title something like "The guy you like to hate" or something less obvious?

I hate Wikipedia if that tells you anything.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2013, 01:16:43 AM »
Just wear it until it becomes ironic or get banned.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 04:16:56 AM »
The more you want me to change your title, the less likely I am to do it. That's just the way I roll. But UncleBob's got a thread going if you want to get rid of the one you have.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 10:18:51 AM »
the custom titles really should be taken with more then a grain of salt. anyone who thinks i'm the worst poster ever should look at the comments on a youtube video.

I don't know. At least a lot of the YouTube comments make sense.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
We have chosen!
ALL HAIL KING TODDRA!
May he live forever!
I Lucario pledge myself as your head Aura Knight until thee depart of your persons.
LONG LIVE THE KING!
Made you look ****.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2013, 05:37:10 PM »
It doesn't bother me so much, it's better than any I ever had before. In fact it is okay cuz I know I am always right so why not let the world know too.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »
What happened to Toddra? Was he someone's dupe?
My Game Collection

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »
Yep.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
He was the RAT.

I don't know how this fits into the equation but I realized something today, Playstation is in a far better position by default.

Playstations first generation on the market out sold Nintendo's first generation on the market, their second generation on the market outsold Nintendo's second gen and same with their third gen. It is no stretch of the imagination to expect their fourth generation on the market to be better than Nintendo's fourth so I got to thinking, in roughly two years Playstation as a brand will be 20 years old, Sony could easily capitialize on not only that milestone but all the nostalgia that have built up and wipe out the competition easily.

Think about it, all those millions of PS1, PS2 gamers who grew up on Playstation have the same fond memories of Ratchet and Clank, Crash, FF7, etc, as we do Mario, Zelda, DK, etc. Every gen Nintendo's core market shrinks and then when you take into account the Playstation will also be 20 years old imagine what type of campaign Sony will pull out to get warm fuzzy feelings out of their gamers. Nintendo did it heavily with Wii, relying on Virtual Console classics to get people all nostalgic for their system while they waited, and waited, for the games that never came. Now Nintendo has lost their mind, their marketshare, and a large portion of their supporters are now backing away I realized something, I was still pretty young when Playstation came out too. I was only 13 or so when it launched so it reaches back to my childhood also or damn near it.

And as I was playing some PSOne classics today on the PS3 I realized that I have almost as many nostalgic memories of Playsation games as I do Nintendo and I am thinking if sales numbers and current internet attitudes are any indicator I am thinking Nintendo's troubles are far deeper than they can ever hope to fix. I am going to let this be my last post as I need to once again leave this place before I bring up too many of my old bad habits.

For those who were in the dark, I was animecyberrat, oh and segagamer12 in case you didn't knnow that also. I am now of the mind that this place is never going to be welcoming for me.

So long and good riddance I say. Whichever mod has the power to ban please do me the honors of making sure I never return to this cesspool to have to straighten out those hopeless fools who continue to put their faith in a return to glory that will never come, Nintendo is not going to be the next Sega, they are going to be the next Atari and I am now more convinced of that than ever before.

TJ Spyke only wishes he could have caused as much trouble as I have so with that I leave you with these words,

YOU can call me THE RAT thank you very much.

PS Nintendo can go **** themselves.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2013, 09:13:50 PM »
His title should be changed to "Turned out to be The RAT the whole time" or something to that effect.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
I really need to visit this place more often. Seems like the whole forum has turned into a game of mafia.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
I really need to visit this place more often. Seems like the whole forum has turned into a game of mafia.
Vote Bustin98.

He has been surprisingly absent as of late.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2013, 12:44:17 AM »
You can blame my business. Seems like I'm too busy to socialize online anymore.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2013, 02:43:29 AM »
A lot of people would like to see me banned, but I am having way too much fun writing about my favorite game company on this forum and compiling lists.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2013, 02:57:01 AM »
Why do you say that? Because I feel like the top 3 people everyone wants to see gone is me, pokepal, and lucarioboy. You're not that bad.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2013, 03:08:21 AM »
I'd probably rather Kytim or tendoboy to leave over you, but they post far less frequently now, which is nice.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2013, 03:24:01 AM »
How's ya recording company going Rat? Defrauded anyone lately?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2013, 03:32:49 AM »
I'd probably rather Kytim or tendoboy to leave over you, but they post far less frequently now, which is nice.

Why, thank you Dasmos. ^_^

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2013, 03:42:32 AM »

I have been on hiatus because I have been working two and half jobs to build up the neccessary funds to buy all the Wii U games this holiday season.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »

I have been on hiatus because I have been working two and half jobs to build up the neccessary funds to buy all the Wii U games this holiday season.
I did not enjoy those days.  Though ironically I don't have much more time then I did then now.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »
Why do you say that? Because I feel like the top 3 people everyone wants to see gone is me, pokepal, and lucarioboy. You're not that bad.
but without pokepal and lucariofan, there'd be practically no posts on the boards at all!  :D
Also, I don't want you to leave, Oblivion (for whatever that's worth (nothing).
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
So...RAT returned to bitch about Nintendo's failings...on a Nintendo forums...and was surprised at the response he got?

'Mkay.
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2013, 06:28:06 PM »
:'( you don't like me!
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2013, 06:31:51 PM »
:'( you don't like me!

Because he didn't list you as one of the members he would like to see depart? I don't think you are reading things right.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »
oblivion does not :'(
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »
Lucariofan99, did you quote the wrong person in your first reply? Because the second quote works with your post.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »
oblivion does not
Lucariofan99, did you quote the wrong person in your first reply? Because the second quote works with your post.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:54 PM »
fail? do you mean your stupid cat memes?
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »

To be fair, you're the first to respond out of my two choices, so it's like you're volunteering at this point.
Nice job, little man, you called me TJ. How cute. <3
So 3 strikes your out is that how it works ;)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »
Ehh, TJ was actually belligerent almost all the time. Oblivion is mostly just loud and occasionally belligerent.

And while Oblivion's "I was correcting your wrong assumption" line was TJ-esque (especially since it wasn't even an assumption), I wasn't really calling him TJ that time. I said his post was brought to the forums by letter T which was Sesame Street reference to lighten the mood. Did no one get that? What the hell did you do with your childhood?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »
Oh ha ha ha, I never watched a lot of Sesame Street back when I was really young. I was more of a Teletubbies and Blue's Clues kind of guy.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »
Oh ha ha ha, I never watched a lot of Sesame Street back when I was really young. I was more of a Teletubbies and Blue's Clues kind of guy.
That makes me feel old.  Teletubbies started when I was in Middle School.  My sister and brother liked them (High School and Elementary respectively).  Blue Clues more after my time.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2013, 05:18:45 PM »
That makes me feel old.  Teletubbies started when I was in Middle School.  My sister and brother liked them (High School and Elementary respectively).  Blue Clues more after my time.
You feel old?

My son loved Teletubbies and Blue's Clues as a tyke. He is 16.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »
And here our my little brothers watchimg in the night garden...
Made you look ****.