Author Topic: Replacements for Departed Forum Members  (Read 26640 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Replacements for Departed Forum Members
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
Everybody's favorite NWR forums member TJ Spyke was recently banned for all eternity, and that got me to thinking, who will take up the baton and fulfill his place in these forums?

Now, we definitely don't want the less savory aspects of his character, such as sexism, corporate apologism, or being a fan of The Big Bang Theory, but there are plenty of valuable services he provided that need replacing.

What say you, forum-goers? Who will step up and be the hero we all need?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:08:04 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top TJ Spyke
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:55 PM »
Pokepal
Oblivion

I think those two are the closest equivalents to TJ in the forums today. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »
What did I do? I was simply telling him with a source that it was already confirmed. And it only took me five seconds to find, it's not like I spent hours digging through Google to find it.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
Let me ask you this, Oblivion: How good are you at using Wikipedia?

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
I usually don't use it, but I'm as good as anyone else when I need to.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:08 PM »
Can you quickly form an opinion and refuse to acknowledge any other viewpoints, even when presented with evidence to the contrary?

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
This is a bit immature, even for the funhouse. If anyone, we should be trying to replace Rab and SUPER.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 10:50:16 PM »
What did I do? I was simply telling him with a source that it was already confirmed. And it only took me five seconds to find, it's not like I spent hours digging through Google to find it.

Someone called you TJ in the 2DS talkback thread.  You can also be confrontational at times.  That's all i'm basing it on.

To be fair, you're the first to respond out of my two choices, so it's like you're volunteering at this point.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »
Can you quickly form an opinion and refuse to acknowledge any other viewpoints, even when presented with evidence to the contrary?

Nah. I can quickly form an opinion, but if someone shows me evidence to something I simply can't ignore, I'll concede to their viewpoint.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:10 PM »

Nah. I can quickly form an opinion, but if someone shows me evidence to something I simply can't ignore, I'll concede to their viewpoint.

Well you don't have what it takes to be TJ Spyke, then.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »
This is a bit immature, even for the funhouse. If anyone, we should be trying to replace Rab and SUPER.

As far as I know, SUPER's still controlling half the people on the forums. Also, he's not banned, and could return anytime he wants. But in an effort to be less immature, and to spread out the mockery across a wider group of people, I'll tweak the thread a bit.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Replacements for Departed Forum Members
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
Someone called you TJ in the 2DS talkback thread.  You can also be confrontational at times.  That's all i'm basing it on.
Ha, that was me. I thought the condescending tone was TJ-esque. It lacked the usual "Um" or "Actually" though. I was mostly joking.

Not really sure you can replace TJ. Most people who seem that trollish try way too hard, but he was just like that and he really didn't know why he had his reputation which is funny and sad at the same time. It was kind of annoying when I had my first run-in with him (he refused to provide me a link from one of his reputable sources), but once it became clear that was how he was all the time, I would read his posts and just think, "Oh, you." Occasionally, I'd get baited into responding, but that's my fault at that point. Every forum regular knew exactly what they were getting into when responding to him. I felt like it almost became sport to some people. Typically, hilarity ensued.

He was the only forum member who was that volatile and abrasive. There were others who were also volatile and abrasive, but TJ could stop an entire conversation by just being himself and unlike the others, he posted all the time. No one else on NWR comes close to having that effect on discussion. Even Ian with his ridic everything-Nintendo-does-is-wrong-even-when-I-admit-it's-right-why-am-I-on-a-Nintendo-forum posts hold some value (sometimes). If the only positive service TJ offered was posting Wikipedia links, anyone can do that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:56:45 AM by Adrock »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »
Is this somehow better than my "Umm... Hey, TJ" thread?  At least there, I was trying to get TJ to provide some evidence of his statement.  This is just picking on him at this point - and he can't even respond.

Can't we just rest on the fact that he's gone and move on?

Going to go start the "Why is Insanolord still a mod?" topic now...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »
Actually Adrock, I was trying to be condescending. Hard to believe right? Seriously though. I apologize if I came across like that.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »
Is this somehow better than my "Umm... Hey, TJ" thread?  At least there, I was trying to get TJ to provide some evidence of his statement.  This is just picking on him at this point - and he can't even respond.
I don't think anyone is claiming this thread is enter than yours, unless you're pointing to why yours was closed and this one is still open.

I don't think TJ would have responded even if he could, judging by your topic. In any case, this hasn't descended into a burning at the stake. I tried to be civil.

I wish someone would replace Mashiro from way back when. He was pretty funny.
Actually Adrock,
Now you're getting the hang of it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
To be honest, I was the one who locked the other thread... and I have the power to unlock it at my will. :D

My topic wasn't a burning at the stake either - it was an open call for him to respond.  He had the power to end it at any time by responding with relevant data or saying that he made it up.

This thread is just mean.  He's not even here to defend himself if he wanted to.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
I wasn't implying yours was mean spirited, just that this topic isn't entirely either (at least not yet). Not everyone who has left has a bad rep.

I mentioned Mashiro. Golden Phoenix doesn't really post anymore, but she contributed to discussions. I don't really see BlackNMild as often as before, but I lurk the General Discussion forum and see him there more than Talkback and Nintendo Console Discussion where I mostly go. I wish Mop It Up posted more. She drops by in spurts, posts in like five threads then disappears for days.

I like discussions, that's why I post here, and anyone who contributes is welcome. I wish it wouldn't descend into negativity so frequently, but I guess that's just the way it goes.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »
I wasn't implying yours was mean spirited, just that this topic isn't entirely either (at least not yet). Not everyone who has left has a bad rep.

I mentioned Mashiro. Golden Phoenix doesn't really post anymore, but she contributed to discussions. I don't really see BlackNMild as often as before, but I lurk the General Discussion forum and see him there more than Talkback and Nintendo Console Discussion where I mostly go. I wish Mop It Up posted more. She drops by in spurts, posts in like five threads then disappears for days.

I like discussions, that's why I post here, and anyone who contributes is welcome. I wish it wouldn't descend into negativity so frequently, but I guess that's just the way it goes.

I'm personally fine with a little lighthearted hazing or teasing, as long as it doesn't devolve into outright insults or namecalling.  It was a lot of fun experiencing tendoboy, pokepal, and now lucariofan all going through their onlslaught of terrible posting, and now I see all of them as a fun fixture of the forums.  I hope they all hang around, they add flavor and variety to the forums.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »
Alright fine. I've kept it quiet but since he's gone whatever. He's my "Why I dislike TJ story" and get it off my chest.

In the Matchmaking forum, I had this lovely thread about trading Metroid Prime 3 Vouchers: https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=27953.0 (So great!)

At that time, a few people stepped up to trade vouchers with me. Maxi, Mop it up and TJ Spyke. I think we did a test and both changed a voucher each to make sure it works and then I sent him another 4 vouchers. He never traded them back to me. Anyways, I found out that you had to beat Hypermode to get the credits needed to unlock everything and put the game off for awhile which turned into years.

When the news came of the WiiConnect service ending, I finally cracked this game open again and saw that he had never sent those vouchers. So I contacted him in a PM and here is the PM history.

Wednesday May 29, 2013. NWR forums.

Message from Khushrenada - TJ Spyke:

Hey TJ,

A couple years ago, I sent you some friend vouchers for Metroid Prime 3 as we agreed to trade a few between us. I sent you 4 but I never received any from you in return. With some of the Wii internet service going down, I popped the game in yesterday to see if I needed any vouchers to complete the game and saw that you still had yet to send me those few. Would it be possible for you to send me them?

Regards,
-Khushrenada

Message from TJ Spyke - Khushrenada:

LOL, I hadnt played the game in quite some time. Sure, this weekend I will fire up my Wii (don't have it with me right now), and send you some.

Sounds good. Of course, if I don't see them by Monday, I am going to pester you some more so fair warning.

But yeah. I hadn't felt the need or desire to play MP3 since the first and only tme I played through it a few years back. Playing it again, I'm surprised at what I do remember but how much I'd really forgotten about this game. What I'm most pleasantly surprised is that I thought I'd somehow lost the data because my save file showed no time or any indication I'd beaten the game once although I could select to play in Hypermode and the other unlockables were still unlocked. So, I started a new game thinking I'd have to refind everything only to discover that the game keeps all your scans. So, I don't have to worry about rescanning everything and filling out the logbook. It is already complete. I can just play the game and collect upgrades and that's it. So, now I'm just breezing through it. That is an awesome feature from the previous two games I had no idea existed until just yesterday.

Anyways, thanks again.

Monday June 3, 2013. NWR forums.

Still haven't gotten my friend vouchers/coins/badges/whatever from you yet. I warned you! If I have to start a thread and campaign to shame you into, then I will and I really don't want to but that's how serious I am. Deadly.
Sorry, soon I promise.

Tuesday June 4, 2013. NWR forums.

I think I see the problem, you have my old Wii Friend Code. I got a new Wii awhile ago, the Friend Code is in my profile.

Wednesday June 5, 2013. NWR forums.

Ok. I'll check it out. It's odd because it doesn't show your name in gray indicating that it still senses you have a save file for MP3. Decoyman's name in gray on my friend list but yours isn't. That said, I'll check the numbers tonight and if I do have your old one, I'll change it and we'll see what happens.
Ok. I entered your new Wii code in and your name comes up as grey and says you must register me. In case you need it again, my Wii code is 4268 4250 8282 2299. Which also means that where ever your old Wii is, someone still has me registered on it.
K, I will do it soon. My Wii is at my friends house. Don't worry, Nintendo won't shut down the service til the 27th
Yes, I saw that Wii message today as well which I thought was funny as if Nintendo knew what was going on and providing this ominous warning.

Wednesday June 12, 2013. NWR forums.

Message from Khushrenada - TJ Spyke
So, how close are you to getting this done? Because it has been 2 weeks (and 4 years really) and there are only 2 weeks now left.

I have collected more friend vouchers so I can try and trade with someone else at this point so let me know your plans.

Regards,
-Khushrenada

He never responded to that last PM. Frustrated, I bumped up my old thread in the Matchmaking forum and fortunately, Mop it up, a true saint of these forums, was able to help me out and did so in a prompt and diligent manner. If I had relied on TJ Spyke, I doubt I'd ever got him and that experience soured me on him. Maybe he did have intentions to swap vouchers with me when I first contacted him but then he did nothing about it, kept making excuses for the delay and finally when I just politely asked him if I should try someone else and gave him an opportunity to get out of helping me, he didn't even have the decency to respond or tell me if he could or couldn't help.

It shows that it didn't matter how you treated him because I never posted anything negative of him or joined in the general bashing and was respectful to him in my messages, the man was just lacking in civility and truly deserved his title of asshole.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 01:01:24 PM »
On the other hand, just before he got banned, I pointed out a mistake he made in this thread in the Gameplay Strategy section and he actually replied back admitting he made an error. So maybe he was starting to turn a corner. You can see the unbelievable evidence here: https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=42440.0

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
Now, the truth comes out!  We see why Khushy stands up for /some/ banned members, but not all!  Personal vendetta!  You thought he was your patron saint, when really, he's just in it for himself.  ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
Insanolord already nailed it in the offhand comment thread but here it is again.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!

Because that would mean playing nice with everyone and some forum members just don't deserve it.

Especially that bastard Khushrenada.

I gave him the applauds he deserved.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 06:00:42 PM »
Who was the last MAJOR ban? It seems most tenured members who leave just disappear after a while.

The last major exit was Maxi's that I recall, though he left of his own volition.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
that chozo ghost guy gave the ghost after a conflict with unclebob.

S-U-P-E-R also seems to be lurking while hiding behind his rather blatant dupe.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »
Who was the last MAJOR ban? It seems most tenured members who leave just disappear after a while.

The last major exit was Maxi's that I recall, though he left of his own volition.

I'd argue that maybe the Pro666 ban was probably the most recent in major bannings although that was just a temp ban but he never really returned after that. The Mario ban caused quite the kerfuffle in the day and animecyberrat was a bit high profile. But that's about all I can think of in the major categroy if you are looking for long-term bans. In short term bans, the FREE SUPER campaign was probably the most recent and talked about banning issue.

On a different note, if I campaign for TJ Spyke, can I get my title changed to NWR Forums Patron Saint? Or better yet, can I get that title without having to campaing for TJ Spyke? I didn't realize I was so revered.