Author Topic: Gears of War 3  (Read 1290 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Gears of War 3
« on: September 24, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »
Who's playing? Beast Mode is a change of pace, some changes to Horde, and 4 player online (2 offline) co-op makes the game worthy of putting time into it. Tons of unlocks too.
Look me up on Live.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Gears of War 3
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »
It's the first game of the series released in my country. Since first party games on the 360 are relatively cheap (they only cost as much as PC games, not the crazy 70€ price third parties charge) I got it as an impulse purchase. Playing through the campaign first before touching any of the other modes. I really don't like how the characters are acting like they're in a sitcom instead of a war for survival. They pretty much seem to know that they have plot armor and can just ignore any threat out there. Especially Cole... I wish they had killed him off at the end of the stupid flashback sequence he gets.

I don't mind lighthearted characters per se but at least make the story something stupid on the level of Serious Sam or Duke Nukem then, not what seems to be meant as a serious story.

Also melee options seem fairly pointless, you go in there, kill one dude and then usually die because the next bunch of enemies could shoot you. Of course dying means little since you have a whole three teammates to revive you and they seem to be very damage resistant (unlike e.g. The Scourge Project where dying in a dangerous spot would usually mean your teammates would get killed while trying to revive you) so unless you get hit by one of those instagib attacks some enemies have in melee it doesn't matter at all.

The only things I've seen about the non-campaign game modes was from the Giant Bomb quicklook. Are those tons of unlocks anything besides cosmetic stuff? I don't really care about cosmetic unlocks since I'm looking for content, not graphics.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Gears of War 3
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »
I read the plot spoilers and they didn't answer the one thing I wanted them to answer. Boo-urns. I can wait to play the game now.