Author Topic: Metroid Prime 2 Preview  (Read 6873 times)

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime 2 Preview
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2004, 09:49:55 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Seriously, I haven't seen a single review complaining that e.g. Wario Ware GC isn't online enabled.

See any review of Mario Kart: Double Dash.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime 2 Preview
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 06:20:51 AM »
That's just because it has LAN and therefore the hardware and netcode already in place. People complained about Halo as well.

Offline joedaddy

• is failing uni
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2004, 09:16:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
I personally wouldn't care if Retro just had morphball racing as the only multiplayer mode...

haha nice one

how about, "samus and pals: grapple beam swing-a-thon"

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2004, 07:18:56 PM »
I know what Bloodworth is getting at, and that would be pretty cool.  I liked that section in Zero Mission; very tense and exciting.  It'd be nice to have something of that nature in a 3-D game, perhaps.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2004, 01:41:58 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
It'd be nice to have something of that nature in a 3-D game, perhaps.

It's called Splinter Cell.

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2004, 09:10:09 AM »
I could not even finish metroid zero mission. I sold it because I was so disappionted with it. Personally I think they should just scrap online. If there is no online or LAN there is no point seeing as Samus is already hard enough to control with a full screen (unless they make it full of flat surfaces and not diverse enviorments. )

As cool as the game looks, if MP is the dominant focus, I will just wait for the price to drop and pick up RE4

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime 2 Preview
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2004, 11:14:55 PM »
If we remember those dissections of the images that claim that it isn't possible to see that if there are just four players in the game, it sounds logical that there's LAN (especially since MP is a major franchise for Nintendo and they've chosen to promote LAN play).

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2004, 07:37:24 AM »
Can you imagine two-player LAN co-op?  I'm much more excited about that possibility than I am deathmatch.  I think the main problem with Metroid multiplayer is how to explain it and not make a joke of the franchise's story...mechanically, it should work extremely well.  I don't think the lock-on presents much of a problem, especially considering how many ways Samus can move around.  If there are morphing, space jumping, and a lot of grapple points, lock-on can only be marginally useful.  There is even a theory going around, and a good one I think, that you could use your lock if the other player goes into ball mode.  Makes perfect sense.  And NOA's new information says that finding (and competing, I'm sure) for upgrades will factor into multiplayer as well.  I love that idea, and it could make for some excellent level designs.  Remember that the famous Zoid Kirsch from id has been working at Retro for three years now, and multiplayer level design is his specialty.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2004, 07:41:40 AM »
Again, WHY do they have to explain the multiplayer? The point of a multiplayer mode is not to tie into a story, it's to be fun. Four Swords had an extremely flimsy explanation for the existence of 4 Links and yet it's one of the funnest Gameboy games yet. Retro should worry less about making us accept having more than one Samus and focus on making the multiplayer mode as much fun as possible.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2004, 11:56:20 PM »
Wait a second, i was under the impression that Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer was designed JUST for co-op.  Where did these deathmatch diehards come from? It is clearly perfect for co-op. deathmatch will definitely be secondary.
Fin.