Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791009 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!
« Reply #2675 on: February 15, 2014, 06:14:21 AM »
Itsvintresting hearing that Pokemon is holding up to the hype.

There's a bit of a rumor going around that Amazon is trying to buy xbox. Not sure how much I buy i buy it, with Nadella and Gates at the helm and wanting to be a services and devices comopany.  Plus there's the Xbox media branch and Microsoft is working on a Xbox magazine app for windows 8.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: February 25, 2014, 12:23:03 AM »
New head of Xbox, Stephen Elop

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/nokia-executive-to-take-over-microsofts-xbox-division

Reportedly he is willing to shut down Bing and sell off the Xbox division.

Chromebox One? Amazon Prime Box? Sega DreamBox Cast? PlayBox Station Forty One or Nbox U

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: February 25, 2014, 12:41:14 AM »
Well he has no say in the matter since he's not CEO. The thing I would be worried about is him giving better treatment to the mobile division over windows and Xbox.

Also bloombetg was the only one to report that comment. It wasn't corrbatted at all by more trust worthy Microsoft insidrtd such ad Tom Warren, Mary Jo, and Paul Thurott.

Feel bad for Juile Larson green so ce she's getting a big ass demotion.

If anything were going to see Elop oushbhis divisions to work seamlessly. Hell when dude was running Nokia it was already preyyu deep and seamless with working with Microsoft services.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2678 on: February 25, 2014, 06:38:02 PM »
Sony buying the Xbox division is an interesting idea.  It could be either the only way to force Nintendo to handheld only or open up the door for someone else. . .

I don't think Sony would ever do it though, unless Nintendo slept with Sony's wife. . .again.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: February 25, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »
Could Sony really afford the investment though?
They really don't need anything that MS has to offer from the Xbox division that they don't already have on their own. A lot of it would be redundant, and it would also open up Nintendo as the only other alternative.... unless Sony ran it as the Pepsi to their Coke, competing against themselves, laughing all the way to the bank. (not sure if that's legal :/)

If anything, I could see Google jumping in to buy the Xbox Division, keeping the network backbone and then completely gutting everything else to turn it into something Android Approved, Play Store, Google Services and all. Fusing the Xbox with GoogleTV, bringing everything Google is working on into one box that sits in your livingroom connected to your TV & interacts with your tablet and your phone. That would kinda make sense, except I doubt Google has any interest in 1st party game development, so all those studios would probably be cut loose or sold off.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2680 on: February 25, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »
Sony probably couldn't do it.  They're not the most profitable as it is, so paying for a business that's losing money wouldn't make the most sense.  Unless, Sony thinks they could recoup a lot of the losses by essentially having a monopoly on "next-gen" hardware, upping licensing fees on 3rd parties, letting the hardware price sit a little high.

Essentially, the only thing to make it worthwhile would be to exert such monopolistic behaviors.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
Who in their right mind would want the Xbox brand? It's damaged goods right now. You don't interupt your enemy while they are making a mistake. If they want the Xbox gone, they don't need to do anything.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2682 on: February 25, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »
Well, the timing is fairly delicate on that one, IFF MS really wants to sell.  You'd want to buy it before the price got low enough for someone else.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: February 26, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »
The question is WHY? MS isn't most certainly not going to sell any of the relate patents. What is there that has been done better else where more effectively. What is there to save?

Unfucking Xbox would be far more trouble than building your own box. The imbeciles over at OUYA somehow stumbled through against all odds.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 26, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
What's there to save is a still vauble brand that has viable IP and good studios.

Don't let you irrational hate for Microsoft cloud your judgment dude

Either way Sony isn't in any finical position to buy ****.

Will be funny five years from bow when Sony is gone, Microsoft gets rid of the Xbox business, and Nintendo is circling The handheld only Nintendo ciricling the drain.

I welcome our new Candy Crush mobile overlords.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2685 on: February 26, 2014, 07:49:34 PM »
The studios, the exclusives, the Xbox Live infrastructure would all make the deal worth it.  Although, I think MS would need to include all related patents: it kinda makes the deal.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 26, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
Don't let your hardon for Microsoft cloud your judgement dude.

The studios are worthless since you can't buy the talent inside as shown time and again ie. Rare. Then there is the issue of how much MS has driven the studio into the ground. IP wise, there is only Halo. Everything else is either not Xbox related or has been left fallow.

The Brand itself is a wreak. The technology is obsolete and backwards. Live is a ad ridden hellhole of missing features. Why buy damaged goods when building from new is cheaper and easier.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: February 27, 2014, 12:24:04 AM »
How has Rare been gdriven into ground when they've made nothing bit good games barring PDZ.

Xbox One doesn't have any ads dude. All three consoles are missing features dude. If anything xbox has shown their quick yo iterate on new features.

You say everything else but your yelling me all of Microsoft's studios and IP are worthless?   Seems a bit extreme on your part friend.

Technogy isn't obsolete either dude.

I'm not letting my preference for the Microsoft get in the way. The brand still has a ton of cahr with the average users. Don't think the Xbox One will do better than the PS4 which is a shame, but the brand will still do great.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: February 27, 2014, 12:37:54 AM »

The studios are worthless since you can't buy the talent inside as shown time and again ie. Rare. Then there is the issue of how much MS has driven the studio into the ground. IP wise, there is only Halo. Everything else is either not Xbox related or has been left fallow.

The Brand itself is a wreak. The technology is obsolete and backwards. Live is a ad ridden hellhole of missing features. Why buy damaged goods when building from new is cheaper and easier.
There are still the rare IPs, the studios can still turn up some decent content and live servers could easily be converted to your own online system.

Microsoft's my least favorite of the three and I still see the value in a purchase.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2689 on: February 27, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »

Just because talent retention isn't 100%, doesn't mean it's 0%; and any IP can be revived in the right hands.

Your last paragraph is all hyperbole.  I think you're letting your disdain for MS cloud your judgement.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: March 11, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
So for $500 you get 72 extra pixels in titanfall.

Microsoft's next gen console ladies and gentlemen :D.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: March 12, 2014, 12:23:34 PM »

Microsoft's next gen console ladies and gentlemen :D.

Is this comment in responds to something not posted?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: March 12, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »

Microsoft's next gen console ladies and gentlemen :D .

Is this comment in responds to something not posted?
"792P"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: March 12, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
I like how websites make up stuff like "792p" just say 1408x792.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: March 13, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
I just bought an Xbox One, and so far I'm very underwhelmed. The interface is a hassle to navigate, with everything hidden away inside apps. The Xbox Store is a mess, with no way to sort products by price, publisher, release date, etc. You can't rate or comment on gameplay clips made with the Upload Studio. And I hate how you can't swap out the hard drive like you can on the PS4.

PS4's interface is much cleaner and better organized. All the important settings are at the top of the screen. The social features are implemented better, with Facebook, Twitch, and Ustream built into the system OS. The Share button makes uploading and broadcasting gameplay clips incredibly easy, and I'm surprised that the Xbox One doesn't have one.

And what's with all this talk of Microsoft giving up on the Xbox brand? It's their most popular product next to Windows. Xbox has proven to be successful, if Microsoft dumps it then I'll definitely switch to PS4.

Speaking of Windows, it's had many failures, but MS never gave up on it. The failure of Windows 2000 led to XP, Vista led to Windows 7, etc.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:19:08 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: March 13, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »
Don't you let people hear you say that 2000 was a failure.  I know people who knife you over that.  I'm not one of them but still.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: March 13, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »
I might return my Xbox One to Best Buy and just order a PS4 from Amazon.

Since I already redeemed the Titanfall code and downloaded the game, will Best Buy even take the console back?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:24:27 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: March 13, 2014, 04:45:28 PM »
You can swap out the HDD. It's not as easy, but you can do it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:47:06 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: March 13, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
Ok now that I got the negatives out of the way I'll talk about what I love about the Xbox One...

- The "Snap" feature is amazing. If I want to record or broadcast a game that I'm playing, I simply snap Game DVR or Twitch next to the game and it works beautifully.
- Kinect's voice commands make it much easier to navigate the clunky OS.
- Support for external hard drives is a welcome bonus for people who already filled up their 500 GB internal drive.
- Uploading gameplay videos to OneDrive (SkyDrive) is awesome. I can then simply download them to my PC and put them on YouTube later.

Sony really needs to have their own cloud storage service for downloading PS4 game videos to the PC. Or they could just integrate Dropbox into the PS4's OS.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:56 PM »
Does anyone think that Microsoft will eventually get into a streaming service for Xbox similar to what Sony is doing with Playstation Now? Sort of like their version of the Ps Vita TV with a tiny streaming box to play Xbox Live and 360 games.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.