Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791058 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!
« Reply #2625 on: January 30, 2014, 03:56:34 PM »
My TV is SUCH a burden, won't SOMEONE solve this horrible weight upon my viewing shoulders?

Lately I have mostly been watching Youtube videos through my Wii U

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: January 30, 2014, 05:24:43 PM »
Of course its a made up first world problem. Most innovations in consumer technology are just that.

I'd say most of the big markets that are being worked on such as wearables, TV, and home automation are the very definition of solving a problem no one really had.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: January 30, 2014, 05:46:54 PM »
For the third bloody time. What is the TV problem?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: January 30, 2014, 05:55:09 PM »
home automation are the very definition of solving a problem no one really had.
I don't know.  I would like to be able to unlock my Home with a Clicker and have the lights come on.  I often have my Hands full.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: January 30, 2014, 06:56:13 PM »
home automation are the very definition of solving a problem no one really had.
I don't know.  I would like to be able to unlock my Home with a Clicker and have the lights come on.  I often have my Hands full.

Of course you too, but its not a real big problem that needs attention. I feel the same way about stuff like Google Now. Its cool but all they sis was perfect the pwronal planner onto a phone.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: January 30, 2014, 07:35:35 PM »
Its cool but all they sis was perfect the pwronal planner onto a phone.

What?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: January 30, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
Its cool but all they sis was perfect the pwronal planner onto a phone.

What?

LOL. he's posting from a mobile device, give the man a break.
I feel his pain.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: January 30, 2014, 10:32:42 PM »
Let me ask on behalf of fellow poster OhhBoy:

WHAT. IS. THE. TV. P-R-O-B-L-E-M ?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2633 on: January 30, 2014, 11:09:35 PM »
The TV problem is that Cable costs too much and is still required to justify having a big screen.  I want my live sports, and while there are other options that I can put on my TV, those options aren't ideal viewing experiences.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: January 31, 2014, 12:49:04 AM »
So Cable is the TV problem?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: January 31, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »

To be frank yes. In both interface and content wise.

Cable comapnies have had since forever to make the software on their  boxes much better but have refused to put the money into it. Not that big of a deal but stuff like the one guide does a good job at replacing the cable box interface. I do like the idea of app channels as well integrating your VOD apps inside of your cable listing.

Being able to add episodic games like the walking dead or The wolf among us would be even cooler as far as displaying content goes.

The second problem is that despite still holding massive ammounts of power the cable model has quickly become pretty antiquated with the introduction of VOD services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.  From a pure content standpoint I'd rather either do what I do now which is season pass the shows I really like or don't have a means to watch (No cable) or wait till it hits a streaming service such as Netflix.

Cable also isn't helped by the fact that many streaming services or storefronts are now becoming content providers and most are putting out Amazing to good content of all types.

off the top of my head

Netflix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix

Amazon
Alpha House
Betas
Creative Galaxy
Annebotts
Tumble Leaf

Xbox
Halo
Untitled Documentary Series
The Street Soccer Series

Hulu
http://blog.hulu.com/2014/01/08/a-new-year-with-new-hulu-originals/

Being able to find high quality content other places will put a serious hurt on the cable companies espcially when people realize all these services are on their device of choce and even counting subscriptions are cheaper than paying cable.

The big holdouts seem to be HBO and the bigger sports networks like the NFL.

In more on topic news mutiple soruces are saying that Satya Nadella is the new CEO of microsoft.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/30/5362564/microsoft-new-ceo-reportedly-satya-nadella

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: January 31, 2014, 02:36:09 PM »
A uniquely "American problem". That "One Guide" is something special? I have had something like that for the last 4 years for free, while DVR two channels at a time with additional equipment costing less than 1/5 of the price of a bone. No wonder no one in their right mind would buy one outside of the US.

We do have "Paid" TV here, but I look at it and ask why? Hundreds of channels you couldn't possibly watch repeated endlessly ,filled with almost as much Ads as there is "content of negative value" which make you question humanities right to be on this planet. Seriously, I didn't know what the "TLC' channel was until I asked. Considering the content I saw on that channel, "The Learning Channel" is worse than an outright lie. If this is what TV is to you, cut the cable and don't look back.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: January 31, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »
The Learning Channel was pretty dope in the 90s. Somewhere in the mid 2000s producers realized that it was more profitable too throw out mindless reality TV instead of unqie contwnt .

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: February 01, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »
Probably gonna set up XBL Gold tonight, but I've got to admit, the Xbone interface, when you get used to it, is really pretty cool. I now have 2 HDMI cables behind my cable box so I can experiment and decide whether I want it hooked up the the Xbone input or not - but it works almost perfectly.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: February 01, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
One of the rumors that came out of the major leaks this week was that MS are working on a cheaper console with no disc drive.  At first, I thought it was strange that MS would be thinking about a hardware revision so early in to this generation, but it might make sense to at least start planning for a release and price drop in the holiday season.  What makes MS look bad is that the info was leaked so early.

A lot of the griping I'm seeing on the internet has to do with the fact that the hardware revision is a disc-less, 1 TB system instead of a Kinect-less SKU.  Personally, I thought a disc-less system is what they should have had ready for launch if they wanted to go with their original DRM schemes, though, I get why they didn't go that route.  1 TB is nice, and with the Xbone's automatic file-management(which I admit I have no first-hand account of) it is what the original system should have.  Dead Rising auto-downloading 13 GB patches, and taking up ~50 GB to begin with shows just how fast 500 GB can get eaten up.

If these rumors turn out to be true, what kind of price point are we talking?  Blu-ray drives aren't exactly expensive, and I'm sure the license fee per console doesn't amount to much.  Would MS be able to come in at a lower price point than the PS4?  And wouldn't Sony just be able to undercut them again(if they even need to at that point)?  I was on Best Buy's website trying to score a PS4(I got one in my cart, and by the time I got through the PayPal interface, they told me it was unavailable), and I didn't even bother checking out the Xbone stock.  Why would I buy an Xbone now with the potential of a cheaper SKU in the near future?  It'll be interesting to see if the rumor gains any traction, and to see if it has any impact on Xbone sales.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: February 01, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
Considering that MS is looking to seek damages from the leaker, I'm assuming it's all true.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: February 01, 2014, 02:54:40 PM »
Here's a hint - the Xbone is in stock.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: February 01, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »
The 1TB model is tempting but I don't have internet good enough to make it worth it. when you a 30GB. game getting a 13GB patch than I know this gen the only system I'm going digital with is the Wii U.

as far as stick deopends on the store I guess.I work at Meijer and the only systems we have currently in stock are the Mario and Zelda Wii U bundles. Other than that I'm of the mind that the leak is real just based on the info he gave us.

A few things I thought were suspect but just some of the stuff on his time table such as the first big Xbox One OS update coming in march to concide with build .

I do winder what else he knows since he said all he revealed wasn't the only stuff in store for this and the coming years. I winder who this will make Remind accelerate their annoucment plans for the coming year.

In news Spinal just launched for Killer Instinct and according to Phil Spencer D4 is getting delayed a bit.  There's also the announcement if NFL Now.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-microsoft-nfl-nowcalling it now by the end of this year the NFL is announcing their going to go a la carte and offer a NBA game time style streaming service.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: February 01, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »
There has to be some good savings there... To NewEgg

Lets see... Cheapest 500gb drive is $54.99 and 1TB drive is $59.99 so $5 difference consumer pricing...
Alright what about Blu-Ray Drives...
$47.99

So we're looking at Max $53 because their is no way they are paying consumer prices.

For kicks and giggles lets just say that is the amount that brings us too... $446.99 still a $45.99 difference.

In the end MS is going to take a serious lost on trying to get any SKU down to PS4 levels.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: February 01, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »
The Bone has cratered in Spain. the word has it MS spent 20 Million Euros on marketing there which works out to about €571 per console sold. The PS4 is out selling the Bone at 15 - 1.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: February 01, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »
The Bone has cratered in Spain. the word has it MS spent 20 Million Euros on marketing there which works out to about €571 per console sold. The PS4 is out selling the Bone at 15 - 1.

So they could have just bought 35k people a XBO in Spain. But how many have they sold?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: February 01, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »
Xbone controller is really, really good. Having said that, I have only used it for like 40 seconds playing Killer Instinct, which is terrible. The full game probably is a lot of fun, but I'm confused about how to buy it and I don't want to buy it anyway.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: February 01, 2014, 11:10:25 PM »
Are you a big fighting game person. I liked the game from what I played of it. I'd wait till fukgore and the story mode comes out to get it though.

The game itself has a pay model similar to league of legends.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:34 PM »
8 characters just isn't enough. I know the original Mortal Kombat only had 7, but even the original KI had 11. Getting the arcade version is pretty sweet...but I can play that on my PC or Xbox anytime. Plus (I'm assuming) it doesn't have the promo for coming soon to Ultra 64 (or any Nintendo logos) so it's dead to me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:30:13 PM by Brandogg »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:51 AM »
Eight is good enough initially for the business model they're doing. This is a game heavily targeting the FGC, and has gotten pretty good reception form them.  For a game with a free to play model and takes inspiration from LOL eight fighters makes sense. It allows for better balance compared to say something like street fighter where despite having like 39 dudes usually 8-10 are realstclly used.

Season 2 which will add 8 more characters has been all but confrimed for coming this fall and going this route expands balance a lot. I've thought for a while now that the fighting game market as niche as it's become should have looked at the LOL model on how to sell their product espically games that barley have a story mode such as street fighter.

Thrvbeautybof the model is that realsriclly if you like fighting games but only really want to play with one guy, you could spend the $5 and be done.

Haven't played the old KI in a while hut it does not hold up looking at gameplay viseos. Music is pretty awesome though.