Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791019 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!
« Reply #2575 on: December 18, 2013, 11:46:56 AM »
Nintendo (and to some extent Sony's PlayStation division) prioritize consumer satisfaction over monopolizing a market. Sony and Nintendo are constantly pumping out new first party games to ensure their consoles have plenty of content to enjoy.

And to be honest, I'm so tired of people obsessing over sales figures and console wars. Shouldn't we all just be playing the games and consoles we like?

"Oh no! This Samsung dishwasher only sold 22,000 units compared to the 50,000 sold by Whirlpool! This Sony TV isn't the market leader, they should just give up! Ford only sold 122,000 Focus's, while Toyota sold 300,000 Camry's... Ford is doomed!"

See how ridiculous it all sounds?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:48:32 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: December 18, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »
Because if you like 3rd party games and want them to be on your chosen console (without having to buy, say, a Wii U and a "real" console), then sales matter more than just about anything else.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 18, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »
Nintendo (and to some extent Sony's PlayStation division) prioritize consumer satisfaction over monopolizing a market. Sony and Nintendo are constantly pumping out new first party games to ensure their consoles have plenty of content to enjoy.

And to be honest, I'm so tired of people obsessing over sales figures and console wars. Shouldn't we all just be playing the games and consoles we like?

"Oh no! This Samsung dishwasher only sold 22,000 units compared to the 50,000 sold by Whirlpool! This Sony TV isn't the market leader, they should just give up! Ford only sold 122,000 Focus's, while Toyota sold 300,000 Camry's... Ford is doomed!"

See how ridiculous it all sounds?
That's how Fans are.  We need something to talk about.  We need a measuring stick.
This is an excellent article about other enthusiasts and how people must view them.
If we were fans of a person it be where are they, could they out lift X, who makes the most money, etc.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 18, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »
I guess you're right, but console wars are pointless in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:00:03 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: December 18, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Why can't all consoles be cross-compatible, like DVD players, PC's, and smartphones?

PC software can be used on any Windows PC, regardless of manufacturer or hardware components. Android apps can be used on any Android device, regardless of manufacturer or hardware components. Why can't game consoles be this way?
Because then they be PCs hooked to your TV and not as Plug and Play.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: December 18, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
I made a new thread to start that discussion. But I'll just say one thing here...

I'm talking about third-party console games being made to run on any platform, such as PS4 games running on Xbox One. Like how a Lenovo PC and an HP PC can both use the same Windows software and games. Or like how an HTC One and Samsung Galaxy can both run the same Android apps.

One copy of a third-party game can run on any console.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: December 18, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »
Who gives a ****. At a base level all every company cares about is profit anyway. A good game is a good game regardless. Obviously they had to give some crap to stay in for three generations now.

What do you think Sony's motivations were when they entered the gaming Market in the 90s. Plus corporations as enties can't give a crap anyway.

The hardware market?
**** You Nintendo, now we are gonna take all your ****, and we're not gonna quit until you are dead...?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: December 20, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »
Those Xbox One consoles are still in stock (even more stores now)...that $500 price tag must be a major barrier.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: December 20, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
Those Xbox One consoles are still in stock (even more stores now)...that $500 price tag must be a major barrier.
My Boss didn't get one because of a lack of Kid Friendly/watchable games.  PS4 at least has Knack.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: December 20, 2013, 06:17:19 PM »

Well I'm sure the word has gotten out by now that the PS4 has 95% of the same games and is $100 cheaper.  The number one reason the 360 beat the PS3 in North America was because it was cheaper then the PS3 for several years.  All those PS2 owners had no problem buying a 360 just because it was the cheaper system with the same games.

Well now that Sony is releasing the cheaper system with the same games, suddenly these gamers have no problem switching back to the PS4 for this gen.  As has been proven each gen, the general public shares no alliance to any company, they just want the games.  When Sony has most of the same games for a cheaper price, it's a no brainer what most people want to buy.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: December 20, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
As far as switching from Sony to MS or vice versa, with the new consoles not including backwards compatibility there's very little holding people back from changing their alliances.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: December 20, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »

Dude we get it, you like the PS4.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: December 20, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »

Dude we get it, you like the PS4.

And he was far and away a 360 guy over PS3. Brandogg's a lot of (terrible) things, but he's no Sony fanboy.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: December 20, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »
Thanks?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: December 20, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »
I never really considered it, but you're probably right about the lack of backward-compatibility being a big influence on people being so willing to switch brands. Makes sense, may have even subconsciously taken that into account, since I had a bunch of XBox 360 games but hardly any PS3 games. Being a 360 guy may have also been due to me getting one at launch and not getting a PS3 until late 2009 or 2010.

But to be honest I've hardly played my PS4 (mainly since the semester just ended). A big part of the reason I got it when I did was just because they were in stock and I knew I would get one soon but didn't want to have to keep checking stores all the time.

I'm actually a little shocked that the XBox One rush seems to have stopped (at least around here). This idiot that works next to my shop went out and bought 10 Xbox Ones hoping to flip them...good luck with that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:37:48 PM by Brandogg »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: December 20, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »
As far as switching from Sony to MS or vice versa, with the new consoles not including backwards compatibility there's very little holding people back from changing their alliances.

Actually Xbox LIVE is a HUGE reason for lots of people to stick with the Xbox no matter what.
They are invested. They probably still have 6 months on the service left and all their friends are on it, which is why they each bought it, so they could play/chat w/  their friends.
Big reason why Sony started the PSNetwork and why Nintendo needs to get their **** together with the Club Nintendo/NNetwork.

Nintendo is soooooo damn lucky we are a bunch of ignorant die hard fans that seeming stick by their side regardless of not getting what we want.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: December 20, 2013, 11:42:25 PM »
...but while we're at it...every GameStop (and holy fucking **** there are a lot of GameStops!) has within 80 miles (got tired of clicking the "8 more stores" button) has Xbox One in stock too (and online)

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/StoreSearch.aspx?sku=020410&return=%2fdefault.aspx%3fnav%3d28-xu0%2c13ffff2412-1e0

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: December 21, 2013, 12:20:49 AM »
So this girl I know who just split up with her husband was hoping to get an Xbox for her kid.

She didn't know if she should get the Xbox, 360 or the One. Yes the OG Xbox was in consideration because all she was interested in was that her kid was able to Xbox LIVE with her dad.

I took OG Xbox off the table immediately and suggested she would have to buy a brand new 360 and not a refurnished one because of old problems, but she should get a One if she wanted her son to be happy for years to come, instead of just happy now because by this time next year, new games may be a little hard to find, which would mean that they would have to spring for the One in a year or 2 anyway, so might at well invest in it now while she didn't have to put anything towards it (soon to be ex-hubby is buying)

So she talked to the hubby and they decided to get him 2 Xbox360's because 2 XboxOne's would cost too much.

WTF!!!?

I asked, "WHY THE **** does this kid need 2 Xbox360 consoles!?"
she said " I don't want to unhook it everytime he needs to move it and then connect it at my house too, so we just got him Xbox360's...."

I badgered her saying that was lazy and greedy on her part, because she wanted to keep one at her house and didn't want to be bothered to have to move it back and forth. Then explained how she wouldn't settle for some crap like that if it came to her, and it's not like she is paying for it, so you better future proof now. Then I suggested that they get an extra HDMI cable and power cord so that it's kinda plug and play and no fumbling with wires behind the TV...

long story short, they are taking back the 2 Xbox 360, with 4 games for each system (didn't ask if they were the same 4 games for each, but that would be even stupider and lazier than getting the kid 2 of the same system) and getting him a single XboxOne.

Oh, they were also contemplating a Wii U for their son... but honestly, I couldn't really recommend that over quality online (game) time with a family member, which the Wii U doesn't really provide.

So you are welcome MS, +1 to your next gen console count and -1 to your console availability.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: December 21, 2013, 09:03:50 AM »
Honestly I would have gone with the two Xbox 360s. I can't imagine an Xbox One power supply (remember it has an external power supply) being easy to find any time soon and at a decent price. Sure support for the console will drop soon (probably not that soon, it took YEARS to kill the PS2's new game situation), but it's got a great library that can be acquired pretty cheaply.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:21 AM »
She didn't know if she should get the Xbox, 360 or the One. Yes the OG Xbox was in consideration because all she was interested in was that her kid was able to Xbox LIVE with her dad.
I thought Xbox Live was discontinued on the original Xbox. That should have been off the table for being impossible.
I badgered her saying that was lazy and greedy on her part, because she wanted to keep one at her house and didn't want to be bothered to have to move it back and forth.
Lazy, sure, but if the console wouldn't have been for her, wouldn't that make her generous, not greedy? Or perhaps a frivolous spender?

I presume the father doesn't have an Xbox 360 because if he did, there would be no reason for the kid to get two. If your friend just wanted her son to be able to play with his father online, there would have to be two consoles between the parents' homes. I can see why getting two Xbox 360s makes sense in that instance. They could each buy an Xbox 360 for their respective houses. That way the son could play online with his father when he's at his mother's then when he visits his father, there would already be an Xbox 360 at that house.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: December 21, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »
Up until 3 weeks ago, I had two Xbox 360 consoles btw. I still have two PS3s.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: December 21, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
Her dad, the kids g-pa plays on LIVE. Her and the husband split, and now have 2 households. Husband wanted to get a XboxOne for his son, but she wanted him to pay for whatever he gets the kid to also be at her house so that she didn't have to cart the system back and forth.
Since 2 XboxOnes cost over $1k, he was going to just get 2 Xbox360's instead... w/ 4 games for each house.

So basically her laziness (not wanting to move it) & greed (also wanting one for her house and she wasn't even paying for it) was gonna get the kid the older system, which isn't a bad deal for a little kid, but if MS drops support for the 360 like they did the OGbox (which I don't think they'll do, but who knows), then by this time next year, new new games could be harder to find, and then they will end up springing for the Xbox One anyway, so I told her to get the new system since she isn't paying for it anyway. and new games will look good on the 60" big screens they both got for Black Friday.
Besides, who wants to go back to school next year and brag about getting a 360 finally when everyone else in your class is already talking about that new ****. If you're gonna spoil the kid, do it right.

The kid can thank me later, not that I really had any stake in what he got for Xmas, but he would be much more excited about having the launch console than the the one he's been playing at his grandpas for ever and a day now.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:39:45 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: January 08, 2014, 10:14:43 PM »
Titanfall, Xbox One's killer app will have a massive online multiplayer mode consisting of up to...12 players
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/420731507842351104

Battlefield 4 has 64 players on PS4 and Xbone, how does this max out at 12?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: January 08, 2014, 11:58:08 PM »
I can enjoy a tight multiplayer experience, but for as much as this Titanfall thing has been hyped as an epic experience, you would think they would have went larger.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: January 09, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
MWO is 12v12.  I haven't played it 12v12 because that patch came out after I stopped playing regularly but 8v8 had its moments especially with hit dedication.  I can see why they stop at that especially since its 12v12 with the potentially of having 24v24 things shooting at each other that everyone would need to know about and they talk about having NPCs as well.