Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791009 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:26:24 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2451 on: October 09, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
Lol
Made you look ****.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 12, 2013, 03:07:05 PM »
http://www.vooks.net/disaster-day-of-crisis-sales-a-disaster-in-europe/

Still better than xboxone
still a better love story then twilight! ::)

Gunpei would agree with you. Dude cmon on we get from the site your on you like nintendo, but their's a difference between fondling and going bareback.

Careful, I think he's a kid. Don't use that language around kids. :P
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2453 on: October 13, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »
WTFark 15 going on 16 is a kid is it?
Made you look ****.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: October 14, 2013, 05:27:04 AM »
WTFark 15 going on 16 is a kid is it?

...yes, yes it is. When you're still saying "WTFark", you're still a child.

That isn't to say that pokepal and I are not children, we definitely are. I'm still living with my mom until I save enough for my own place but I can't see that happening any time soon.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: October 14, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »
Millenials as one of the edge of the generation its terrible in the real world now as far as that goes.  I'm turning 31 this year and I'm still the youngest person in my department.  In fact I was interviewing people for a job that is actually parallel to mine and all the candidates were older than me.

Let me repeat, I'm 30 and Society at Large still considers me to be a Kid.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 15, 2013, 10:28:52 AM »
Xbox posted a blog post on how friends will work
http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-one-friends-and-multiplayer

Your New Friends App on Xbox One[/size]Designed around you and your friends, Xbox One will have plenty of room for all your favorite people in the brand new Friends system on Xbox One. Your Xbox 360 friends will automatically be added to your Friends list. With Xbox One you can have 1,000 friends, connect with people instantly by following them and have infinite followers yourself. You can also see all of your Xbox One and Xbox 360 friends and their activity in your Activity Feed.[/color]
[/size]Xbox Live has always been about building an amazing community. When we first launched the service back in 2002, our vision was to create a premium online place where friends could come together to play games. With your support we’ve created the world’s largest, most-active gaming and entertainment community and now, as we look ahead to the launch of Xbox One on Nov. 22, we want to pause for a moment to celebrate our community and tell you about what we are doing to make it even better. With that in mind throughout the upcoming days in this “Week of Xbox Live,” we will share more news and information about what is coming to Xbox Live. First, we want to thank you for choosing and for spending more time with us. In the last 12 months, we delivered more than 20 billion hours of gaming and entertainment on Xbox, over 17% growth over the previous year.  We’re proud and humbled to be the top online gaming service - according to NPD's August 2013 Online Gaming report, close to 50% more online console gamers use the Xbox 360 for playing online than the PlayStation 3.With your increasing engagement with and growing community, we’re able invest in new features and future innovations that bring more amazing experiences to you and the community on Xbox Live.Your New Friends App on Xbox OneDesigned around you and your friends, Xbox One will have plenty of room for all your favorite people in the brand new Friends system on Xbox One. Your Xbox 360 friends will automatically be added to your Friends list. With Xbox One you can have 1,000 friends, connect with people instantly by following them and have infinite followers yourself. You can also see all of your Xbox One and Xbox 360 friends and their activity in your Activity Feed.

Similar to the other social media networks, Xbox One allows you to share the latest in games and entertainment with fellow gamers, friends and family, or even celebrities and gaming personalities by following people. For example, on Xbox One you can search for me by my gamertag (Major Nelson) and follow me to see what I share publicly, such as my latest game scores and achievements.On your Xbox One, there are now more ways to connect than simply sending a friend invite. For example, the one-way follow model of Xbox One allows Xbox Live members to connect with the people they care about in an easier way than ever before.Friends and FollowersSo what’s the difference between a friend and a follower? They are all considered your friends on Xbox One, but the levels of privacy between the two are different. You can follow anyone you want and it’s completely up to them if they follow you back. You can also decide what information your followers can see about you.When you and another gamer mutually follow each other, it creates a more interactive relationship that unlocks the ability for you both to see information like when each other are online, what achievements you earn in real time and what you’re up to on Xbox One.The Friends app is also an awesome way to find out about new games and activities to take your Xbox One experience to a whole new level.“A great driver in ‘Forza Motorsport 5,’ for example, could have a huge group of thousands or even millions of followers all tracking their performance in-game,” Rob Lehew, Xbox Live Program Manager,  said. “Those followers can have this driver on their personal leaderboard so that they can constantly keep track of how they stack-up, and they can potentially connect online with the driver to get into a race with him.”
[/color]
Some gifs of the OS\

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: October 15, 2013, 10:38:51 AM »
that looks much better than my Wii U log in.

But MS's main thing is OS's and UI's, so I would expect it to excel in that area.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: October 15, 2013, 11:13:20 AM »
It's too busy with too many unnesscerey animantion and masses of wasted space. WiiU OS is better layed out, built for a touch screen. Not as "Fast" because it is a WiiU. Also **** Ads.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: October 15, 2013, 11:40:10 AM »
It's too busy with too many unnesscerey animantion and masses of wasted space. WiiU OS is better layed out, built for a touch screen. Not as "Fast" because it is a WiiU. Also **** Ads.

Its not to busy as all. The Wii U OS is a barley functional and WaraWara Plaza is the very defination of wasted space.

I one see three ad panels on the dash and its all related to content on the Xbox Store. I expect the PS4 to have something similar and wish the Wii U did as well.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: October 15, 2013, 12:15:47 PM »
*shrug*  It really considers whether the Animations are there to mask load times or if they are just there to be there.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 15, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »
What else are you going to put on the main screen that may or may not be used? The WiiU OS is perfectly functional for what it does. Plays games and launches stuff. You can pack so much more useful information and utility in WiiU OS compared to the Bone's OS, it's not funny. That said the WiiU has less information to display since you don't have useless **** like gamer score Ads, big giant thing in the middle, TV. All of which is supose to be used from 3 meters away. Where the WiiPad is right infront of you. MSOS might make more sense if it was a touch screen one on which it is based off but Metro is trash.

WiiU has 6 "Fixed" Apps + 15 per page to arrange as you like. If the WiiU ever gets to the point where it starts to get messy with too many icons, that's when we would be folders like we did on the 3DS.

Also to repeat myself. **** Ads.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 15, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »
*shrug*  It really considers whether the Animations are there to mask load times or if they are just there to be there.

I wish the Wii U was faster, but since it's not, it could definitely use some masking of the damn load times with distracting animations. I would rather ignore an animation than zone out to a static screen while I wait for something to happen.

personal preference I'm sure, but I had load times. mask them with something.

as far as ads and what not, I don't specifically care for what they have laid out, just how they have it laid out. It just looks better. more "matured" so to speak.
I wish Nintendo would allow you to lay "skins" or alternative styles to the main menu to match a users preference. maybe some user generated stuff that has to go through a submission process or something. Kinda like how you can change how the forums look, yet it still displays all the same info. I would love if when I log into my profile, my main menu was more dark, like black backgrounds, and I could make my icons take up a 2x1 space or a 2x2 space like arranging widgets on my Android phone. I have multiple screens, why not let me customize my main screen how I see fit?

I should take this to the "fixing the Wii U" thread I made....

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 15, 2013, 01:10:03 PM »
What else are you going to put on the main screen that may or may not be used? The WiiU OS is perfectly functional for what it does. Plays games and launches stuff. You can pack so much more useful information and utility in WiiU OS compared to the Bone's OS, it's not funny. That said the WiiU has less information to display since you don't have useless **** like gamer score Ads, big giant thing in the middle, TV. All of which is supose to be used from 3 meters away. Where the WiiPad is right infront of you. MSOS might make more sense if it was a touch screen one on which it is based off but Metro is trash.

WiiU has 6 "Fixed" Apps + 15 per page to arrange as you like. If the WiiU ever gets to the point where it starts to get messy with too many icons, that's when we would be folders like we did on the 3DS.

Also to repeat myself. **** Ads.

Metro is pretty great actually.

See I kind of understand where your coming from and maybe, its growing up in a post ipod tech world but I would like to see Notifications, recommendations, and the like on my home screen.

I find  this

and this

Than what Nintendo has does.

Also its impossible for the Wii U's OS to be more functional because its more limited. Hell the Xbox One hold four applications into the background for quick switching and the stores are built into the Os its self.

You do realize that the big useless tile as you called is actually the last app you used suspended into the background. So you could say suspend the game you were playing to watch a movie or browse the store and go right back to the moment you were in.

The fact I could be playing a game and get a notifcation of the ports teams i'm following makes the Xbox One infinty more functional than the Wii U.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 15, 2013, 01:38:50 PM »
You misunderstand. The WiiU plays games. That is pretty much it. I also really don't need it to do much more than that. It has a limited suspend where you can go use those 6 system apps. For a Games console it could be faster, but it does what it is designed to do well enough.

If I want more, I have a normal computer that eats the Bone for Breakfast. There is Hi-tech and there's why would I want hand off all my control and content to a console. That said, I am not the market for either PS4 or the Bone. It also doesn't help the Bone is US-centric as hell .

PS. I also hate Chris Pine and that one Star Trek Ad almost always shows up for a Triple whamy.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 15, 2013, 02:51:13 PM »
I can see your point of view now. But as a media consumer I'm not intrested in something that only plays games to be honest and I'd say its one of the reasons why the Wii U is failing.

To be fair using the whole well my PC can do this is a horrible defense since It was used when the xbox 360 first started gaining popularity as well when the ipad got big. To be frank I'd rather use dedicated apps than a web browser and both TVs in the house are bigger than my Laptop or Tablets screens. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 15, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »
My PC handles all my other media needs. It has 2 x tv tuners that can record 2 channels and play back a recording on second screen which is my TV while I game. I could go on, but if you wish to be box yourself into little zoos, that is your prerogative. (I could use DLNA, but DLNA works retarded so I don't use it.) Why is the PC not an alternative to a console? Steam sales, Humble bundles and the wider internet makes even the best on consoles like PS+ a joke when it come to value even with a PC's up front investment. Not to mention I have been playing games at 1080p for the last 5 years.

iPod for music outside/driving. If I feel some weird reason to watch something while outside, I ask why? Especially when it's going to be in a sub-optimal condition.

I am mystified by the need to be helped to consume media. Especially all the bloody time and more than you do now. I also most certainly wouldn't label myself a "Media consumer", that is marketing, hook, line and sinker.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 15, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »
If I was a bachelor I still be using my TV for everything but, in a family practical experience tells me that the TV Media center and game system is something that still doesn't work because of how complicated it is in comparison.  Which I don't understand but my 5 year old since he was 3 could navigate my PS3 to Netflix and watch TV.  While my Wife same age as me and once a Computer Science major couldn't get Hulu up on the screen with the Media PC.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 15, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »
...While my Wife same age as me and once a Computer Science major couldn't get Hulu up on the screen with the Media PC.

Seriously?  That seems... odd.  It seems really easy to lose perspective on the average user's level of competence with electronics, even today.  It seems that as technology evolves, and our hardware becomes ever more complex and capable, the end user experience becomes more streamlined, and the demands for ease of use increase even further.  It feels like any barriers between the user and the goal serve only to keep people from buying in.  So, while some of us may be willing to tinker with PCs, others have opted for the experience that removes, as much as possible, the barriers between them and their intended experience.  And, have you seen the specs for Watchdogs and CoD: Ghosts?

I find it fascinating how all of you talk about OSes, because I'm that person that has no clue what works and what doesn't until I've used it.  Really gives me insight into how much of the user experience is designed and controlled.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
Yeah, people are idiots when it comes to technology.

Everybody always says, oh those kids will have it all figured out in the future, but they've been saying that since I was a kid and I help people younger than myself with really stupid technology problems every work day.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: October 21, 2013, 12:27:52 PM »
http://videogamescene.com/xbox-one-to-run-all-windows-8-apps/

Allegedly (by Dell), Xbox will run all Windows 8 apps. If it does, then that's potentially a game changer, as long as they don't start restricting things like SNES8x.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 21, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »
http://videogamescene.com/xbox-one-to-run-all-windows-8-apps/

Allegedly (by Dell), Xbox will run all Windows 8 apps. If it does, then that's potentially a game changer, as long as they don't start restricting things like SNES8x.
That be a good move.  Especially if it allows them to connect all the ecosystems better (Phone, Console, PC).  SNES8x though would probably be very quickly banned.  Nintendo would not allow that.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 21, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
its gonna be restricted, there is no way microsoft will let something like steam run on the xbone

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2473 on: October 21, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »
But the question is...IF it can run Windows 8 Apps...how easy will it be to hack and "jailbreak"?

Once that happens there is no stopping people from running any emulators they want.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 21, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »
its gonna be restricted, there is no way microsoft will let something like steam run on the xbone

steam isn't a window 8 app so the problem fixes itself.