Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791066 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2425 on: September 23, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
Two new Surfaces were announced by Microsoft today.

Surface Pro 2

Surface 2

Surface Pro 2 is targeting the high end Apple like Market with its high price points and pretty great specs. The first one did pretty well and its a pretty compelling Product. The Surface 2 however is DOA despite me probably buying one as my next tablet. The white Surface model with the Blue and Purple type covers will be mine.

**** looks hawt

IGN did another AMA for Xbox One.

-No changes in how changing Gamertags works
-No adding Nickname's for friends at launch
-Smartglass multitasking/
-Two types of Patches Optional and Mandatory.

You won't be able to import Jpegs or Gamer pictures but you can pose your Avatar and have 300 Pictures to choose from. Here's what apart of the Gamer Picture/Profile will look like. You can also use real life pictures.

Puts even more fuel to the fire that Youtube/Facebook uploading isn't at launch to push Xbox Live as a social Network. Look at how it measures your time on Xbox as well as who your following and who follows you. Glad others are taking ques from Miiverse this time around. 

Microsoft is building a console for the China
Microsoft and Chinese media company BesTV New Media Co., Ltd, are partnering to bring a new gaming console and streaming device to China. According to Xinhua News, BesTV posted the news on the Shanghai Stock Exchange. The new venture, E-Home Entertainment Development, will be 51 percent owned by BesTV and 49 percent owned by Microsoft. The total investment in the joint venture is $237 million.

Other unconfirmed reports found by Polygon say the new console will be based on Xbox technology and be called the Bestpad. BesTV is China's leading IPTV provider with 18 million IPTV subscribers in China, southeast Asia and eastern Europe. The company just recently acquired the five-year, exclusive broadcast rights for the Premier League.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-09-23-microsoft-partners-to-create-chinese-game-console

A huge deal with the Chinese market still banning consoles from other contries. Not only this gets Microsoft into an emerging Market but this could get Chinese developer aboard the Xbone train.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: September 26, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »
Microsoft is prepping a Wii Fit rival called Xbox Fitness and the page for it got leaked. By the looks of it they plan to announce it soon.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4774476/microsoft-leaks-xbox-fitness-personal-training-app

Microsoft is recruiting top talent for its fitness program: Jillian Michaels of The Biggest Loser and Tony Horton of P90X fame are among the experts that will guide you through workouts and provide real-time feedback on progress. Xbox Live Gold subscribers will have unlimited access to Xbox Fitness from the launch of Xbox One through November 2014. After that, the service will convert to a premium, standalone subscription for all Xbox customers. Microsoft has yet to make any mention of Xbox Fitness, but with the cat now firmly out of the bag, we may be hearing more very soon.

Also Microsoft is working on a Gaikai rival so they can too tout having some form of BC

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4774418/microsoft-demonstrates-halo-4-streaming-from-the-cloud-to-windows-and

They showed Halo 4 running on a low end PC and a lumia 520 on a larceny of 45ms.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: September 26, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »
So 45 Larcenies per ms.  That's how they keep the gauge up.

I think thats a very American approach to fitness design there.  AKA I don't think it will work.  Its one thing to workout with non-threatening blank people.  Its another to use real toned people.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: September 26, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »
Why would China ban game consoles? They manufacture the damn things! This is one of the many reasons why companies shouldn't outsource manufacturing to China.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:46 PM »
Xbox Fitness has been officially announced
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/xbox-fitness
http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/xbox-one-xbox-fitness-unveiled

Introducing the future of fitness. Experience the world’s best workouts with instant, personalized feedback, right in your home on Xbox Fitness. Train with Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson, P90X, Insanity and more. Optimize every workout with immediate feedback on your form, power and heart rate with the all new Kinect, featuring Muscle Mapping, Power Gauge, and Pulse. Plus, feed your motivation with social challenges. Unlimited access is yours for free with an Xbox Live Gold membership for a limited time. Only on Xbox One.*

Its free until January 2015.

Muscle Mapping
Sees which muscles are most engaged by the power, force and transfer of weight in your body, and gives you tips to produce stronger results. Measures your exertion and challenges you to push harder, so you can maximize your workout.

Pulse
Detects micro-fluctuations in your skin optically to read your heart rate, absolutely touch free, from up to 10 feet away.

energy Meter
Illustrates your energy utilization, encouraging you to keep your effort up until each exercise is complete.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90vnJ_cNKf0[/youtube]

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: September 26, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »
So 45 Larcenies per ms.  That's how they keep the gauge up.

I think thats a very American approach to fitness design there.  AKA I don't think it will work.  Its one thing to workout with non-threatening blank people.  Its another to use real toned people.

Those types of things are pretty popular here and as country we obsess ourselves with the vain. But I agree while I'm a bigger fan of the Xbox Fitness way, (I'm in decent shape) I would give Wii Fit to people as a first step and to teach fitness to children.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
As a piece of software I think that being able to read muscle groups being worked, vy heat, and being able to read heart rate really gives the XBox One a clear advantage in Fitness software over well... Pretty much anything else.  I just know as a people we do better with attainable everyman trainers instead of the ultra fit.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: October 04, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
Not a lot of news this week but Microsoft showed off some smartglass stuff.

Dead Rising
Dead Rising 3” – from Josh Bridge, Executive Producer (Capcom)

When Microsoft gave us the opportunity to use Xbox SmartGlass in “Dead Rising 3,” we immediately established two simple goals: Integrate the experience into the storyline and fiction of Los Perdidos, and ensure the experience is additive, yet rewarding.

We’re now about two months from launch and I’m excited to say I think we’ve accomplished both of these goals.

In “Dead Rising 3,” SmartGlass becomes your in-game smartphone, compatible with all Windows 8, iOS and Android SmartGlass-enabled devices. As Nick Ramos, you’re trying to escape Los Perdidos and fight your way through thousands of zombies before an impending military strike wipes the city (and everyone still in it) off the map. Thankfully, Nick’s not alone. There are other survivors banding together with the same purpose.

Early in the story, Nick finds a smartphone. At this point the player can connect their SmartGlass device and turn it into a Zombie Defense and Control PDA. This is totally optional, but again, we wanted to make it a rewarding and fun experience that feels fully integrated into the game – not just tacked on.

Here are the features Nick’s ZDC PDA will support:

Exclusive Side Missions and Rewards: You will receive phone calls and text messages from in-game characters on your SmartGlass device which will activate special missions exclusive to SmartGlass users. These missions have their own story that feeds back into the fiction of "Dead Rising 3" and will reward players with exclusive weapons and additional support applications for your ZDC PDA.

Mission Tracker: Track your progress towards all your active missions without having to pause and navigate the in-game menus. SmartGlass gives you a mission checklist as well as a map for quick reference as you fight your way through the zombie hordes.

Los Perdidos News Ticker: With the news ticker, you’ll get updates and hints on where zombie outbreaks are happening around the city, giving you an edge as you plan your escape (or attack!).

Real-Time Map: Shows your location in Los Perdidos, the location of your co-op player and other points of interest in the world.

Support Applications: Use the ZDC Military Support app to request drone gun support, military grade flares to distract zombies or an air strike to decimate an infected area. You can also utilize Item Finders to locate specific weapons, vehicles and stores scattered throughout Los Perdidos, or the Backup app to call in survivors to help you fight and get Hints to help with missions or boss fights.

Project Spark
“Project Spark” – from Saxs Persson, Director Microsoft Studios (Team Dakota)

“Project Spark” is all about putting the power of creation in your hands, and we’re literally doing that with Xbox SmartGlass available on all Windows 8, iOS and Android SmartGlass-enabled devices.

What we have created is not really a “companion” app as much as a mirror of the Xbox One experience, and more. It delivers the full power and visual fidelity of Xbox One with the additional benefit of the Windows 8 touch interface and a virtual keyboard on the device connected via SmartGlass. This means that you can play, create, and share on SmartGlass devices.

Anything you can do on your Xbox One in “Project Spark,” you can do with “Project Spark” on SmartGlass. This even includes playing games built with, and designed for, touch input.

SmartGlass infinitely expands the possibilities of “Project Spark” user-created games on Xbox One. For example, someone could create a touch-only based game and, using SmartGlass, Xbox One players can play, remix, and share that game without platform limitations. Creators could even create games where there is a mix between the two – a shooter or action game where controller works best, and then puzzles that require touch input to solve.

Our goal is to open players’ imaginations and give them the tools they need to create anything they can dream up. Combining SmartGlass with Xbox One lets us deliver on that promise. Team Dakota is extremely excited to see what you can create with these powerful tools.

Xbox SmartGlass has enabled us to take the interactive party experience to the next level for "Just Dance 2014." Here at Ubisoft we have designed a range of new features that really compliment the Kinect platform. Now, anyone with a smartphone device or tablet is able to connect to the game using the SmartGlass application and instantly take control of the game… and the party.

One of the SmartGlass-enabled features in "Just Dance" is the ability to set up endless playlists during gameplay. Players can set up play lists featuring their favorite "Just Dance 2014" songs like Psy’s “Gentlemen” or One Directions “Kiss you.”  The player also has the ability to add or remove songs during gameplay allowing them to transform the soundtrack of the party instantly.

In addition, "Just Dance 2014" creates instant video recaps of a dance session in a feature called Autodance. Autodance videos feature the coolest moments of a party mixed together and presented as a music video at the end of a song. The player also has the ability to edit the videos and apply crazy and funny effects. This is where the SmartGlass functionality really shines! By using the touchscreen controls, players are able to edit these videos effortlessly in an editing suite.

Players will also have access to "Just Dance 2014’s" brand new PartyMaster game mode via SmartGlass. PartyMaster gives ultimate control to one player by letting them choose the next dance move in real-time on their smartphone or tablet and even switch tracks mid-song to become the DJ of the party.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2433 on: October 04, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »
That fitness thing looks pretty boss. If they could keep it free with Xbox Live Gold, it'd help make the service look worth while.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: October 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »
Bone NuAds. Yeah, it's stil a thing. Not now but soon™.

Forty-nine days from an Xbox One rollout that could make or break one of Microsoft's most successful brands, the key marketing executive behind the launch outlined how it also could reshape marketing in a speech to the Association of National Advertisers Masters of Marketing Conference in Phoenix Oct. 5.

Yusuf Mehdi, corporate VP-marketing and strategy for Microsoft, outlined how he expects the new system, which succeeds the eight-year-old Xbox 360 in a neck-and-neck race with Sony's Playstation 4 launch, could affect marketing. Those possibilities include ramping up consumer expectations for production values in advertising thanks to advances in Xbox imaging technology, furthering the "gamification" movement in advertising, and consolidating more attention now diffused among multiple devices for gaming, TV and web browsing onto the big screen. For example, Xbox One will make it easier to port real-time fantasy-football data to the TV screen as people watch NFL games.

But perhaps the biggest potential impact is one Mr. Mehdi only hinted at -- the possibility of making data from Xbox available for market research.

Holy grail
 "We are trying to bridge some of the world between online and offline," he said. "That's a little bit of a holy grail in terms of how you understand the consumer in that 360 degrees of their life. We have a pretty unique position at Microsoft because of what we do with digital, as well as more and more with television because of Xbox. It's early days, but we're starting to put that together in more of a unifying way, and hopefully at some point we can start to offer that to advertisers broadly."

Xbox One can essentially work like TV that watches you, bringing marketers a huge new trove of data about what's going on in living rooms, including, as one marketer put it after the speech, unprecedented information about how people engage with TV advertising.

"It could have a big impact on pricing," he said, given Xbox One's capacity for seeing whether people are paying attention or how their bodies respond to the ads, said the marketer, who wasn't authorized by his company to speak for attribution.

Biometric responses
 Given that Xbox 360 has sold more than 78 million units, if even a fraction of likely Xbox One users could be persuaded to share data, the technology could create the world's largest panel for measuring biometric responses to advertising.

The new generation of Kinect technology in Xbox One can distinguish up to six voices in a room, respond to voice commands, read skeletal movement, muscle force, whether people are looking at or away from the TV and even their heart rates, Mr. Mehdi said. The latter happens as the camera detects slight changes in skin tone related to dilation of a blood vessel in the eyeball that responds to heart rate, Mr. Mehdi said.

In a feature that was controversial among some users, Microsoft originally said that the Xbox One would have to be connected to the internet and Mircosoft's servers at least once every 24 hours to function. After consumer outcry, Microsoft backed down. It also dropped its original plan to require that Kinect technology always be on for the console to work.
The self punching continues.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 06, 2013, 11:10:35 PM »
Hahaha, man...  Sometimes it feels like there's a conspiracy in the media against MS these days because they can't seem to do anything right.  There was a story on Reddit the other day about some tour that MS were doing and they were travelling to various locations to demo the Xbone.  Except the knuckleheads driving the vehicle lost the keys to the box that carried the Xbone...  I think I'm starting to overdose on schadenfreude.

The article seems a bit short on details.  None of what Mehdi is quoted as saying is particularly offensive.  Most of the offensive stuff seems to be from the article's analysis and the quotes from the anonymous marketers.  Of course, if you read between the lines, and take into consideration everything that MS have done leading up to this point, the article's conclusions are not at all unreasonable.

Anyway, I'm not naive enough to think that Sony or any other large corporation wouldn't do this if given the chance(in many ways, they already do).  But MS just seem to have a special talent for stepping in it these days.  I've already decided to upgrade my PC, I'm just holding out until the new AMD GPUs are released and I'll probably wait for Boxing Day sales.  Stories like these make it easier to pass on the Xbone altogether.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: October 07, 2013, 01:08:22 AM »
"Sometimes it feels like there's a conspiracy in the media against MS these days because they can't seem to do anything right."

So Microsoft is the new Nintendo?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: October 07, 2013, 07:44:06 AM »

to be honest its their own darn fault

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2438 on: October 07, 2013, 08:37:21 PM »
"Sometimes it feels like there's a conspiracy in the media against MS these days because they can't seem to do anything right."

No. Nintendo always made a profit. Until that one time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: October 07, 2013, 09:41:44 PM »

No. Nintendo always made a profit. Until that one time.
At band Camp.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: October 08, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »
No conspiracy (though I'd agure some places do have a pro sony bias). Its mostly a combination of **** ups and stupidity.

Microsoft fucked up with their messaging and if were being completely honest I don't think the Xbox One was supposed to be launched till next year but, Microsoft didn't want to give sony a one year headstart and Nintendo a two year headstart.

Its stupidity because despite all the bitching about NU-ads which I've only seen the most hardcore of hardcore complain about everyone seems honkey dorey to throw all their information toward google which is honestly way more dangerous than any tailored xbox ads.

It's honestly one of the main reasons why I don't honestly care about Nu-ads or their whole Platform. It would make me a huge hypocrite when Google has done the same thing for the past 15 or so years. No one complains about Google Admob or Google Ad choices which is what nU ad's just with a degree of interactivity.

I mean the apk data for the next version of Gmail is hinting that google is adding ads to the application. (still not sure how that will work with my design).

I've used the Xbox 360 for around 6 years and Nu-ads only have shown yp during the free Video apps like Crackle that has ads anyway. Or when you click on one the ad titles which doesn't exist in the Xbox One Dashboard.

Still the Xbox Team wasn't ready and were forced due to Sony coming out this year and probable other branches of Microsoft that had their **** together. (Windows Surface, Windows Phone).

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: October 08, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »
Its all about how intrusive its is.  I mean Gmail has had text ads since day one tailored to your e-Mail.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: October 08, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
How new ads is being presented doesn't seem Intrusive to me. Until it starts actively interupting games like some mobile ones do than its a problem.

Also go read the big GAF thread about the problem most are complaining about the Data being taken which in today's society is naive and hypocritical since a lot of the same posters I see in android or iOS threads.

Lol EA throwing salt in the Wii U wound.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/games-madden-qa

I called this last year and it's exactly why the Wii U is now and forever fucked.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2443 on: October 08, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »
Fark u to, Nintendo ALWAYS makes standard games! no big ones but no flops ethier, Microsoft on the other hand has failed this console before its even come out!
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: October 08, 2013, 07:14:19 PM »
Disaster Day of Crisis has become a cult classic.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: October 08, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
Fark u to, Nintendo ALWAYS makes standard games! no big ones but no flops ethier, Microsoft on the other hand has failed this console before its even come out!

Did I say nintendo made bad games. Making good games doesn't change anything about the position that the console is in.

I'm saying Nintendo's biggest hook is being subverted by everyone supporting it on the other two consoles while either barley supporting the Wii U or not at all.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Made you look ****.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: October 08, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
http://www.vooks.net/disaster-day-of-crisis-sales-a-disaster-in-europe/

Still better than xboxone
still a better love story then twilight! ::)

Gunpei would agree with you. Dude cmon on we get from the site your on you like nintendo, but their's a difference between fondling and going bareback.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: October 08, 2013, 10:37:21 PM »
http://www.vooks.net/disaster-day-of-crisis-sales-a-disaster-in-europe/

Still better than xboxone
still a better love story then twilight! ::)

Gunpei would agree with you. Dude cmon on we get from the site your on you like nintendo, but their's a difference between fondling and edited comment that isn't family friendly.