Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791098 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2400 on: September 08, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »
I disagree wholeheartedly with the OS looking cool. It's Windows 8 Metro UI. I guess it's cool that the game keeps playing, but that could also get really annoying.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: September 08, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »
Meh...I really can't stand that Metro interface on the Windows Phone or Windows 8, and this interface just looks like it so I'm really not a fan.

And, incidentally, the Vita does the whole "full screen image" thing when you open games, too.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:55:29 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: September 08, 2013, 05:29:54 PM »
Eh I'm a fan of metro and minimalist desgin in general. (I think IOS7 is leaps beyond that skemorpism mess than was previous incarnations).

Even if your not a fan of Metro its hard to say it doesn't look good. Probably the most functional of the three next gen OSes I've seen thus far.

I think Metro works and makes sense on a Tablet,Phone, or TV as a way of displaying infomation.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: September 08, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »
Metro is by FAR the best Phone interface.

I think it be great for the Wii U.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: September 08, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »

What are you even saying

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 08, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »

What are you even saying
Metro is a great Phone UI.

Metro would be a good UI for the Wii U because it comes with a Touch Screen which the UI is fairly good for.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: September 09, 2013, 12:15:24 AM »
Walkthrough of Fable Annversiry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_FVuXqJQko

Still no release date thus far. unless we get one next month I'm saying this is going to slip into 2014 and be a dual 360/One game with the One game coming with early acess to the Legends beta.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: September 09, 2013, 12:58:50 AM »
Is it me, or is a full half of that UI Ads?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 09, 2013, 01:19:32 AM »

I'm surprised it's only half full of ads, honestly. Give them time & they'll get that Xbone UI back to their usual 99% ads, 1% UI ratio they've established on the 360 over the years.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: September 09, 2013, 01:34:38 AM »

Nah its not you. Microsoft is doing the whole all one OS and its all ad's for stuff from the content and not like Mcdonalds. Still ad's mind you but depending on your mileage not intrusive. Simialr to the PS4 and Wii U with here's the **** you've been playing and what your buddies and a few random people have been playing.

Xbox music is coming to ios and Android today and the web app is getting free streaming. Also pictures of the Xbox One version of Xbox Music.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 18, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
Fable anniversary has been delayed until next year. I'm calling an X1 port.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a515199/fable-anniversary-delayed-until-february-2014.html

Microsoft/Activision is teaming up with retailers for a dual license digital version of Ghosts. FOr $70 you get a Digital copy of ghosts for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. alternatively if you buy a digital copy of Ghsots for 360 you can upgrade to the One version for just $10. This also marks the first 360 game that will be day and date digital with the retail game. Season Passes are now dual as well.

I'm expecting to see this for most cross gen games TBH.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 18, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
Ops. It looks like 1080p isn't a thing yet of the Bone.

The LOL train continues to roll.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: September 18, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »
Isn't drive club only at 720p at this point.

Also your statement a hard t incorrect when for a is infact 1080.  But 900p does seem like a weird Resolution.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: September 18, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »
This may sound odd, but I wish the Wii U had a front page ad. The eshop needs more promotion.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: September 18, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
This may sound odd, but I wish the Wii U had a front page ad. The eshop needs more promotion.

What do you mean by front page ad?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: September 19, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
Something in the two front pages that shows a pictures and says 'Hey kids! Mighty No. 9 is available now for $19.99'

I'm not sure where they would put it though.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 19, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
So like this.

I could have sworn people have said they didn't like it despite it allowing games to have more promotion. The Wii U has Warawara plaza and miiverse but that's mostly flawed to be honest.

Microsoft Studios, in partnership with Grounding and Land Ho! today unleashed new footage of “Crimson Dragon” for the first time at Tokyo Game Show. Created and directed by acclaimed developer Yukio Futatsugi (creator of “Panzer Dragoon”), the flight-based shooter features action-packed gameplay and a vibrant new user interface.

Launching exclusively for Xbox One for $19.99 (USD) on Nov. 22, “Crimson Dragon” enables you to harness a powerful dragon and take to the skies in this thrilling shooter where humanity has been driven to the brink of extinction on a planet ruled by dragons. It’s up to you and your friends to control the winged beasts as you battle for supremacy. Purchase and play “Crimson Dragon” before Dec. 31 and receive an exclusive dragon to help you rule the skies.

Xbox Game ahead program

Gamers can purchase a disc-less dual-license digital version of "Call of Duty: Ghosts" at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99. This version will include the Xbox 360 digital version of "Call of Duty: Ghosts," as well as the Xbox One digital version of "Call of Duty: Ghosts" – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox Live gamertag. More information on how to pre-order at participating retailers will be available in the coming weeks.

Players can also purchase a digital version of "Call of Duty: Ghosts" directly from the Xbox Live Marketplace for a suggested retail price of $59.99.  And, when ready to upgrade to Xbox One, you can purchase a digital Xbox One version of "Call of Duty: Ghosts" for a suggested retail price of just $10 on the Xbox Live Marketplace until March 31, 2014

Priced at a suggested retail price of $49.99, ÂŁ34.99, or €49.99, the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" Season Pass will upgrade from Xbox 360 to Xbox One at no additional cost.  Offer is valid until May 31, 2014.

The "Call of Duty: Ghosts" Season Pass is now available for pre-order on the Xbox Live Marketplace and at participating PC digital download retailers. The Season Pass includes access to four "Call of Duty: Ghosts" DLC Map Packs, each available first, exclusively, on Xbox and delivering a collection of fresh "Call of Duty: Ghosts" multiplayer content and more. Gamers who purchase the Season Pass will also receive the Team Leader digital content pack that includes a unique multiplayer character head, weapon camo, reticle, player patch, player card and player background.

Not sure if this is a activsion only thing but I know sony was saying they were doing something similar. This would pretty much get me to go digital even for 360 games. At the very least I expect all of Microsoft's own cross gen games to support this.

Apparently there was some big TGS roundtable with Phil Spencer and some Japanese game devs.

What the Xbone smartglass stuff looks like.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 19, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »
So like this.

Maybe not quite so big, not quite so many, and not quite so anti-game. ;)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 19, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »
Is really anti-game though?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2419 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »
THe current interface seems to advertise games as much as anything else. It's just that there's so much of everything else.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 19, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »

I understand where your coming from. I don't see it as a problem since you can customize your dashboard and for the most part

The UI for Forza 5.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2421 on: September 19, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »
The last time a game's interface was designed after the Xbox UI, it was mocking it.

Anyway, you make a good point.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: September 21, 2013, 01:14:45 PM »
The Playxbla guys are going to be doing a weekly Twitch show decidated to Xbox One games. The first one was yesterday which was a big three hour show. The first hour which was Powerstar Golf had to be thrown out due to the Audio screwing up.

The three games they showed off (Golf, Crimson Dragon, and KI) are all $20 at launch. Not a lot of Xbox news coming out of TGS obviously but we got a bit.

We now know the inital roster for KIller Insticnt

joining these five at launch is

Black Orchid

D4 from Swery was playable but not given a new trailer. He was also apart of somesort of Xone japnese developer roundtable.

Microsoft is going to show more Xbox TV shows to join Halo before the end of the year according to Phil Spencer. I'm guessing another one being a gaming tie in, some non gaming content, and a relaunch of Inside Xbox. (its the only way gaming style TV will surivie)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 21, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
*Orchid.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 23, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
Some new stuff about the OS features rolling out of TGS. You can tell this is based on Windows 8 as its doing much of the same stuff. (But what OS can't do much of this stuff at his point)

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-interface-is-clean-uncluttered-262315.phtml

Working with full production Xbox One hardware, we saw the UI running on what was essentially a final hardware unit. Content was being populated in real time from Microsoft HQ. They ran full test code in front of us, so no canned demos here.

Penella signed into the dash by just waving his hand. Actually, work went on to do so in the background before he even did that, as the Kinect was already seeing and trying to recognize everyone in the room. Waving was more of a confirmation that he was the one that wanted to sign in. From that confirmation, Xbox One pulls down all of Penella's settings, just as he had set up in Redmond, including all of his saved games, apps, and settings.

This seems to work pretty similarly to how it does in Windows 8. Just log into an account on a new Tablet/PC and it automatically brings down all of my data up to the layout of my tiles. Not really anything new since most OSes are attempting to do this these days but its convenient. I do like the idea of Xbox One being attuned to my image or Voice to log me in to my account.

Speaking of signing in, Xbox One is friendly to multiple users. The previous systems were not. Now, six users can sign in at one time. Kinect is always watching to know who is in the lead in this case. It sees who is holding the controller and recognizes your voice among others. You could be in a room with five other people logged in and call out to launch a game, and it would do so with your settings and saves intact.

The new dash is clean and simple. You have pins of your choosing, settings, and a home screen to pick from and interact with when scrolling from left to right. Gone are the second screens and guides and other nonsense. It's just one small set of simple black and green boxes that make up the dash, with everything you'd need right in front of your eyes. This is a UI for usefulness, not for flashiness. Bravo.

The home screen will populate with whatever Microsoft chooses to promote, which will usually be news for the platform as well as new store items. We did not have a chance to see how content will be navigated from this point. Here's hoping we'll see that soon

I wonder how the Xbox will be able to tell who each gamertag belongs too. But handling multiple accounts is a god send since the 360's way of handling it is awkward at best. Seems like the dashboard itself is customizable with the expectation of the Three side Tabs and the trending. As long as its ad's for content I want and not telling to join the military I'm pretty good.

The friends limit is now 1,000, up from the original 100 setting on the Xbox 360. But you can also have followers on the Xbox One, much like you would on Twitter. For this, you can have unlimited followers. This means you can follow someone's gaming activity without taking spots in your feed. You can imagine how neat it will be to follow game industry personalities or celebrities to see what they're up to.

A favorites list lets you pick your closest buddies to keep up with. They show up first, prioritizedby the system.

The Xbox One can run four apps at the same time in the background. Switching between them is not unlike how it would work on your mobile phone. It's instant. Hitting the X button on the controller takes you back to your home screen, where you'll see four boxes that represent the apps or games running. Pick from any of them to jump right in.

A move to Miiverse style followers is only welcome if there' a social networking part similar to Nintendo's service. (there seems to be it just hasn't been elaborated on yet.) Running four apps is good for a console and instant when using a controller or motion but has a ten second delay when using Voice commands. I'm more interested in how Microsoft plans to accolade resources too Multitasking. We know Xbox Music can be played in the background is that Api just for certain apps or can any app made for Xone but used in this way. Mostly because I would love to have a podcast app in the background while I play.

The apps you have loaded can be snapped to the side of the screen, keeping them visible while you do other things. Imagine having a FAQ pulled up in Internet Explorer while playing a dungeon crawler, or Xbox Music running while you check up on your friends list. For game capture, pinning will be especially handy.

Game capture is pretty slick. We saw a marble maze game get instant capture of the last 30 seconds of buffered frames from a simple voice command. Xbox One's Upload Studio had a 720p 30fps clip waiting immediately after. Users can quickly edit, save, or share this clip with further commands. Another voice command can have you back in the game just as quickly.

Penella says that these clips will only be able to be shared on Xbox Live at launch. They'll have social sites like YouTube and Facebook set up for sharing by next year.

Snaped apps are useful when on my Laptop or Tablet but I'm yet to be convinced of its merits when I'm on the TV. Game Capture sounds cool but it sucks a bit that Youtube and Facebook won't be until next year. (not that if matters to me as Twitch and Live should cover my wants). People have been complaining about that saying Microsoft isn't ready to launch but that doesn't seem to be the case. Despite being a small social network Miiverse is pretty awesome and has a dedicated fanbase and that's what Microsoft is trying to build on the outset by only having upload be related to the Live Platform. In fact I prefer it this way as my favorite social networks (Miiverse and Google+) started off pretty insular and are better for it.

The Kinect does neat things for living room connectivity. It acts as a IR blaster on steroids, sending out so many IR beams that it completely fills a room. These beams bounce off walls and other surfaces, reflecting back at any exposed device in the room. This means that your electronics on shelves, even behind glass, will be able to be controlled by the Xbox One.

IR Blaster's will never die will they?

A new Surface should be shown off today as well.