Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791190 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2375 on: September 04, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: September 04, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »
Sounds like Microsoft wasn't ready for the PS4 specs which seem sort of silly.  They don't sound that different but testing must have proven otherwise.  So PS4 the 15th and XBOX One the 22  Its Wii and PS3 all over again.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: September 04, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
Think i'm going to go with the PS4 at launch. While i'm an xbox guy (probably doesn't need to be said) Sony just seems to have ther **** together far more than Microsoft does. I don't really want to get burned with a repeat of the RROD with MS rushing to get to production.

Added the amount of indie games sony is getting is building a very steam like status around the whole playstation ecosystem and I kind of want to be in the know when big indies come out. Plus those will fill the gaps between big releases pretty nicely and PS+ is a good ass service.

Finally the pricing is a big factor. For the $400 I get a Playstation 4 and a 2 week trail of PS+ that nets you Resogun as well Drive Club in the first month. For the Nearly $600 for a PS4 and two games I can have a PS4, a Vita, and six games between the both of them.

Still going to grab an X1 next year in hopes of a price cut. So I'll probably be trying to get a PS4 at launch, failing i'm grabbing a Wii U zelda bundle. Than next spring I'll grab the sony/nintendo system I didn't get and next fall when Quantum Break and Halo hit i'll go with the Xbox One.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »
Sounds like Microsoft wasn't ready for the PS4 specs which seem sort of silly.  They don't sound that different but testing must have proven otherwise.  So PS4 the 15th and XBOX One the 22  Its Wii and PS3 all over again.

But the difference is the Wii launch (at least hardware wise) was much better than the PS3 launch, as far as sales (to actual customers) is concerned. I still remember being able to count hundreds of PS3s at Best Buy without a single Wii in sight.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: September 04, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
The Wii was also something completly different and at the time we didn't know of Nintendo's online or lack there of. We just knew they has a revolution for controls and that you could download old games. 

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: September 04, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
that's not entirely true, we knew they were talking about Wii online before launch they even showed off the Mii plaza stuff right before too. Their unwillingness to devote proper resources to online could have been seen a mile away when you look at their lack of effort on GameCube and their funky weird DS online up to that point.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2381 on: September 04, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »
Think Yoshida said it on his twitter account.
You back up through cloud.

Xbox One production has just went into full swing and the CPU has been upclocked as well.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/xbox-one-production-cpu-boost/

There's that good news we were looking for.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2382 on: September 04, 2013, 09:53:32 PM »
Didn't they underclock the thing for a reason?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: September 04, 2013, 09:56:13 PM »
Yes, so they could "upclock" it later and people would be like "oh, wow!"

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2384 on: September 04, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »
Maybe the prototypes were bursting into flames and they finally fixed it?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2385 on: September 04, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »
I'm not saying it was red rings...

...but it was red rings.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 06, 2013, 01:12:12 PM »
Finally getting more about the OS and the Xbox Version of Smartglass.

Xbox Wire: What is SmartGlass?Ron Pessner: Fundamentally, it’s a free downloadable companion application that extends your Xbox game and entertainment experiences to your smart devices. With SmartGlass for Xbox One you can use your phone, laptop or tablet as a remote to easily navigate the web on your console, turn up the volume on your TV, and select a video, music or game to play. SmartGlass is more than just controlling your TV content though. We are working with all of our game and entertainment partners to build really cool experiences that take advantage of the fact that you have smart devices connected to your Xbox One.[/color]XW: How do you get Xbox One SmartGlass?RP: The free Xbox One SmartGlass app is separate from the Xbox 360 app. The Xbox One SmartGlass app will be available for download this holiday on Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, iOS and Android devices.
[/color]
[/color]XW: What can gamers expect from SmartGlass for Xbox One?RP: SmartGlass is maturing with the evolution of Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Xbox One was designed from the ground up with SmartGlass in mind, and an immediately noticeable difference with Xbox One SmartGlass compared to Xbox 360 SmartGlass is the connection speed and performance. On average it only takes about four seconds for SmartGlass to recognize your Xbox One and create an instant connection. Of course, this is based on the speed of your wireless connection, but generally SmartGlass is about three-and-a-half times faster on Xbox One than its Xbox 360 predecessor. And that’s just for your first connection, once you’re synced up, re-connecting will happen even faster.A core feature that was super important for us is that gamers can use SmartGlass for matchmaking on Xbox One. If you’re in the middle of game on your console, you can begin matchmaking for a multiplayer session through SmartGlass and you won’t interrupt your action on the big screen.We’ve also expanded the number of devices that you can connect simultaneously to Xbox One. You can now have up to 16 SmartGlass devices working with an Xbox One so there are more people connecting to a game experience—that’s four times as many as Xbox 360. An interesting implementation of this would be playing poker with friends or maybe an MMORPG where there can be lots of hands in the pot. We’re excited to see where developers will take this and the new gaming experiences they’ll create by tying together more devices than before.
[/color]
[/color]XW: How are you making SmartGlass faster on Xbox One than Xbox 360?RP: With Xbox 360, SmartGlass had to talk to a datacenter that could be halfway around the world, and the datacenter then relayed commands to your Xbox. That connection from your SmartGlass device to a datacenter and then to your Xbox required extra time to execute. Now, SmartGlass talks directly to your Xbox One over your Wi-Fi or LAN network.
[/color]
[/color]XW: What is Game Help and how are developers utilizing it for Xbox One games?RP: If you’re having trouble in a game, you can tap a Help button in SmartGlass that will give you contextually aware information for whatever you’re playing. We’re working closely with developers today to add game help to individual Xbox One titles. This is done by game creators making a help manual that we then host in SmartGlass. During gameplay, SmartGlass follows your progress and knows exactly where you’re at and where you’re having trouble, so that when you hit the Help button you’ll be given the tips you need. It’s a really cool additive experience to your gameplay and a way for developers to use additional screens to enhance the experience of playing games on Xbox One.
[/color]
[/color]XW: How can gamers use SmartGlass when they’re away from their Xbox One?RP: SmartGlass is your Xbox One dashboard when you’re away from your console and keeps you in touch with your Xbox One games and community. In addition to staying connected to your friends, sending and receiving messages, and checking all your Achievements, SmartGlass will show your friends’ activity and let you look at the games they’re playing. From there, you can pin those games in SmartGlass and those pins will appear on your Xbox One the next time you’re connected to Xbox Live. We’re making it easier to find new games by adding the ability to search the entire Xbox Games Store within SmartGlass. And we’re adding a promoted games section that delivers titles specific to your tastes based on your gaming history.
[/color]
[/color][/font]XW: How does SmartGlass connect you with your Xbox Live friends?RP: SmartGlass serves up game details pages that let you get competitive in a new way by showing you your friends’ progress relative to your own if you’re playing the same game. You can compare your Achievements and Challenges and other stats that developers deem relevant to their game. You can send and receive messages with your Xbox Live friends so you can talk trash or send congrats on their recent wins. You’ll also have access to Game DVR clips that you and your friends create.
[/color]
[/color]XW: How does SmartGlass interact with TV on Xbox One?RP: You can do a lot with SmartGlass when you’re watching TV on your Xbox One. You can change channels on your cable or satellite set-top box and even control the volume of your television. When you hit volume up on your SmartGlass device, for example, it tells your Xbox One console to send the volume up command through IR blasting from Kinect directly to your TV. Xbox One integrates all your entertainment into an easy to navigate OneGuide—a single destination for seeing what’s on TV, your favorite channels and even programs that you watch in your favorite streaming apps. You can either navigate the OneGuide on the TV, or you can access it on your smartphone, tablet or laptop with SmartGlass. So when you’re fighting over the remote or what to watch next, use SmartGlass to see what’s on and what to watch without interrupting what’s happening on the TV or to go ahead and change the channel if the remote is nowhere to be found.
[/color]

Its sad that this and what the others have been showing Validates Tablet companions more than anything nintendo has shown with the gamepad.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: September 06, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »
First Xbox One commerical (airing during the NFL games)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14bkbo_xboxnfl_fun

Ad's have been starting.

Despite being $100 more Microsoft's marketing for Xbox Has always been crazy good. Remember the PS3 was more expensive and had horrible marketing piled on top. I still think the PS4 will win unless microsoft cuts the price, but I could see the One still doing very well.

Also the ID@Xbox program has started sending reponses to indies.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 06, 2013, 02:12:30 PM »
"If it were any more real, it would be real."

WTF does that even MEAN:Q

I also question the usefulness of an ad for watching the NFL on your Xbone...that plays while you're watching the NFL on your TV (which you're probably perfectly happy with).  But hey! TVTVTVTVTVSPORTSSPORTSSPORTS, the Xbone's REAL purpose!  :P:
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 06, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
I might of missed it but did anyone else notice in the Smartglass discussion that no one asked the obvious question of how does it compare to the WiiU Gamepad?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 06, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »
Because it doesn't.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 06, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
It doesn't compare because beyond off screen play the gamepad is pretty shitty.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 06, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »
Which would make Smartglass by definition even shittier.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »
How was that a commercial for a game console? It looked like a commercial for a NFL TV to me.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: September 06, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
None of the three consoles are pure game consoles. They're mostly entertainment boxes.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: September 06, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
How was that a commercial for a game console? It looked like a commercial for a NFL TV to me.
but isn't that the same thing in this case?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: September 06, 2013, 07:30:30 PM »

Except for the comfortable grip, the great D-pad, built in NFC, handy weapon switching, an easy access map, and a great interface controller, YEAH IT SUCKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: September 06, 2013, 07:34:13 PM »
Alright sure they all do MORE than just games but come one there was no mention of gaming in that commercial seriously. They are selling the system on features not on games that will backfire.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: September 07, 2013, 03:30:27 AM »

I really strongly disagree with that. When it's used well, the GamePad works fantastically as a complement to what's going on off screen. I'd kill to have FIFA with GamePad functionality this year.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: September 08, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Some dude in the Xbox One beta posted this.

Holy **** the OS looks cool. I like how like the Wii u selecting a game shows full screen image before loading. ALso going back to the Homescreen the game keeps playing.

I already know i'm going to break down so **** it, im going xbox one at launch. There's a TED app at launch which is cool. It seems that it'll be easier to make non gaming apps for the Xbox One than it wil be for the PS4.