Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791042 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2175 on: July 29, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
Charging $60 for a controller and then $25 for rechargeable batteries is a slap in the face to customers. $75 for a bundle is a punch in the stomach.

The Wii U Pro controller has 80 hours of battery life (and that's Nintendo's typically conservative number) and it's $50.
And according to everyone here on the Board that is also a rip off.
Now how about this for simply $5 more your could get your Gamepad Replaced.
to me its a rip off in the sense that compared to the cheaper wii remote plus few games currently support it atm

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: July 29, 2013, 05:16:57 PM »
*shrug*
Gamepad has easily made back the cost of the system for me.  Wouldn't even need a single game that used it for anything.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2177 on: July 29, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
few games currently support it atm

??

38 retail and eShop games support the Pro Controller. 65 games have been released in North America so far. That means 58% of ALL games released (retail or digital) support the Pro Controller. How is that "few games"?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: July 29, 2013, 09:29:49 PM »
Well, so "few games" have been released for Wii U....

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: July 29, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »
i swear i put something on backwards compatibility.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: July 29, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »
I actually prefer AA's to built-in since I'm the type of gamer that plays longer sessions so in the middle of the game I can easily switch out AA's vs having to deal with the USB cord hanging all over.

Plus I already over a shoe box of rechargeable AA's anyhow so it doesn't cost me extra.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 29, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »
Well I'm assuming that if the Wii U Pro Controller can get 80 hours of battery life then Microsoft could do that too, and then your play sessions would have to be pretty damn long for that to be an issue.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:23 PM »
Rumble, drains battery like you wouldn't believe and MS has dual motors to boot.  There's not much use of rumble in WII U games and it's a feature you have to actually enable but I'm guessing if a game used the rumble/motion controls heavily you'll likely be getting a lot less than 80 hours. 

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 29, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »
That pricing on the Xbone controller truly is a rip-off, at least at first.  On the one hand, you have a pretty ludicrous $75 price to get yourself set up with a controller & charging cable, whereas Sony will sell you what's generally considered in the press to be a superior self-charging controller for only $60.

The one thing I will give Microsoft on this is that within a few years you will probably have to replace that Dualshock 4 because the non-replaceable battery will die, just like the Dualshock 3's did.  At that point, you're looking at a $60 replacement controller, whereas you pay that one fee upfront with the Xbone's controller and you're set for the life of the console (provided you're willing to play with the controller always connected by the Charge & Play cable).  If you want to play wireless, there will probably be replaceable charging packs just like the 360 had that will cost less than a PS4 to replace.

So yeah, while that pricing is bad, Microsoft's route could prove to be more economical for the player in the long-term.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 29, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »
Sorry about that folks.  Must have locked this on accident.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 08, 2013, 09:23:55 PM »
yeah the always online fiasco may be over but i'm still finding some great stuff on the xbone

and on a rather disturbing note with kinect
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:27:29 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2186 on: August 08, 2013, 10:37:33 PM »
Lol... liked the jaa jaa binks reference! ;D
keep up the good work, i can't believe i just said that!
Made you look ****.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:56 AM »
Here is a real winner.

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 12, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »
Yet another 180:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor.

Now they just need to remove Kinect from the box, and drop the price by about $100 and we can talk.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 12, 2013, 06:38:24 PM »
but guys, 2 180s makes a 360 :D

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: August 12, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
That pricing on the Xbone controller truly is a rip-off, at least at first.  On the one hand, you have a pretty ludicrous $75 price to get yourself set up with a controller & charging cable, whereas Sony will sell you what's generally considered in the press to be a superior self-charging controller for only $60.

The one thing I will give Microsoft on this is that within a few years you will probably have to replace that Dualshock 4 because the non-replaceable battery will die, just like the Dualshock 3's did.  At that point, you're looking at a $60 replacement controller, whereas you pay that one fee upfront with the Xbone's controller and you're set for the life of the console (provided you're willing to play with the controller always connected by the Charge & Play cable).  If you want to play wireless, there will probably be replaceable charging packs just like the 360 had that will cost less than a PS4 to replace.

but if you are on the PC you get access to the touchpad on the ps4 controller for ui stuff

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 13, 2013, 05:19:10 AM »
broodwars, how long have you had your PS3 and has any of the controller's batteries ever die? They're making a solution from a lack of a problem to begin with.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 13, 2013, 08:16:23 AM »
broodwars, how long have you had your PS3 and has any of the controller's batteries ever die? They're making a solution from a lack of a problem to begin with.

Well, let's see...I got my original PS3 back in the summer of 2008.  Since then I've lost 2 PS3 controllers: one to being permanently bricked by Sorcery's "PS Move Controller must be Slot 1" requirement, and the other to no longer holding a charge.

These days I don't tend to even play my PS3 games wirelessly.  I just plug my Dualshock into my bedside laptop & let it leech power from there so I never have to charge it.

As for Microsoft's latest reversal, I have to start asking if Microsoft is about ANYTHING anymore, because it seems to me that they're only showing to be against THEMSELVES.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:18:11 AM by broodwars »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 13, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
I can't see how people can complain about the 180s. Just makes it a more consumer friendly console. At this rate it looks like this for me.

This Fall- Wii U
Next Spring- PS4
Next Fall- Xbox One.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 13, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
I can't see how people can complain about the 180s. Just makes it a more consumer friendly console. At this rate it looks like this for me.

This Fall- Wii U
Next Spring- PS4
Next Fall- Xbox One.

Why would I support a company that had these ideas in the first place, and can easily change it back to what it was like before down the road?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 13, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
I can't see how people can complain about the 180s. Just makes it a more consumer friendly console.

Well, it just bugs me how Microsoft seems incapable of actually having a message, a reason to own an Xbone.  So far all Microsoft has said about the Xbone has been total knee-jerk "well, it's not that thing you hated anymore!"  Microsoft has spent so much time & energy establishing why I shouldn't hate the Xbone that they've never established why I should want it.

Congrats, Microsoft: the Xbone is no longer the worst video game console ever created.  Now how about telling me why I should want the Xbone rather than why I shouldn't hate it? Right now I'm perfectly content not owning an Xbone given Microsoft's mediocre library of exclusives and terrible user base, so how are you going to change my mind, Microsoft?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:10:45 PM by broodwars »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 13, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »
When the Xbone was the worst console ever created there was no logical selling point so why would MS offer one now?  The whole original design seemed to be entirely for the benefit of MS and their partners, not the consumer.  The logic seemed to be "the idiots will buy this anyway so we can do whatever we want" like they existed in some world where videogames are as necessary as food and no other competing consoles exist (MS probably assumed Sony was going to do the same thing and maybe they were but cleverly left MS holding the bag when they saw the backlash for all the rumours).

When the Xbone was first revealed I asked "how do you sell someone on this?" and if MS thought about that they wouldn't have tried the original anti-consumer model in the first place.  There was always this hubris to the whole thing, like we would buy it simply because it exists.  So I don't expect MS to offer a reason to own it because that was never taken into account during the design.  They showed a product that no one wanted and have backtracked to turn it into something we'll tolerate.  Even if they no longer think we'll just buy it compulsively, they have a deadline to meet and "make sure they don't hate it" is mandatory and would take priority over anything else.  At this point they likely hope that Xbox 360 owners will naturally migrate to the next Xbox.  They probably don't have time to make you not hate it AND make you want it before launch.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2197 on: August 13, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
At this point I cant see why someone would buy the PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox One unless $100 upfront is that big of a deal.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 13, 2013, 05:03:36 PM »
At this point I cant see why someone would buy the Xbox One instead of the PlayStation 4 unless you consider $100 upfront for inferior hardware and a spy camera that nobody wants as worth paying for.
fixed

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2199 on: August 13, 2013, 05:13:29 PM »
You cant read, can you? The Xbox One doesnt require Kinect. Also, the games shown are the same. And almost all third party games will be the same. So same games, and the Xbox One has a superior controller.