Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791025 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2150 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:15 AM »
It's been amusing the last month seeing Sony gradually forcing Microsoft to turn the Xbone into a wannabe $500 PS4.  :P: :

Jokes aside, it's a good move, though from the looks of my Twitter feed, Indie devs still aren't particularly happy with Microsoft at the moment.  I'm not sure why.

Too much pride to admit they were wrong before passing judgement. (tbf this is something that should have been out till E3 instead of trying to make a splash at Gamescom.

At this point there's no reason for indie devs to not support this system when  you look at it like this,

-despite the $100 more it will still sale through the holiday will probably get a price cut next year.
-Every system unit can be used as a full on dev kit meaning the barrier to entry will be a bit cheaper.
-Self publishing is allowed as
-Unity is supported

There isn't a reason for an indie developer to ignore this out of anything other than spite. Honestly it comes down to how the xbox sells. Despite that I could probably name a few people who won't support the system either way. Phil Fish already said he won't support the system despite his game selling like crap on steam until the steam sale last week (is that really healthly for developers?). Johnthan Blow probably won't either since he got into a conversation about it with others asking them to back up their infomation. After they did he proceeded to not repond and post about how microsoft suxor.

Still this is the same group of people who don't mind sucking ios off a cliff. (not that their is anything bad with the platform but it is a gamble supporting it these days.) Also the insestious nature of the games industry and how indies are friends with alot of press have probably warped some of the mind view of thow much indies matter currently in the overall gaming market.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2152 on: July 26, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »
Just saying that microsoft lost the publicity before it's even come out! ;D
P.S AND THIS IS NINTENDO WEBSITE NOT MICROSOFT! :@
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 26, 2013, 12:34:45 AM »
this is the general Gaming thread,  alot of people on this site are multiplatform owners, this may be a Nintendo focused site but it isn't Nintendo exclusive.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2154 on: July 26, 2013, 12:36:32 AM »
this is the general Gaming thread,  alot of people on this site are multiplatform owners, this may be a Nintendo focused site but it isn't Nintendo exclusive.
True
Made you look ****.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 26, 2013, 08:11:56 AM »
Not to be that guy but isn't these the same predictions I see raised at microsoft every year. I guess keeping saying the same thing and your bound to be right one of these days.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 26, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »
Yeah...
I'll believe it when I see it.

MS will not sell the XBox brand.  If it goes away it will have died.
MS built something, Windows XP and Office 2007, that people found good enough for what they do.  Its sort of the problem when you make something that becomes standard.  In this case w/ those two pieces of software you can say that Office and Windows had reached there maturity.

PC market in general has this problem.  I just bought the best workstation that Dell had for work.  It has USB 3.0 but only has Sata II.  SATA III has been all but standard in the hobbyist space for a while.  Especially longer than USB 3.0 but, for business its good enough for the most case.

We've reached a point a long time ago that even gaming no longer demands being on the cutting edge in the PC World.  I can run every current game I can find with a single card setup on max settings.  Why upgrade to an SLI/Crossfire setup with a Physics card?  Yeah I could post 200+FPS and really have my e-Peen up their but thats about it.

What PC Industries needs for real growth is an architecture shift but they tried that with the Itanium.  Didn't take.  Much better architecture then x86 but, to much work to get everyone on board.  Heck we don't even have IPv6 yet and we've been trying to get that going for what 13 years.

Long digression.  In the end Microsoft is a Software company.  If everyone uses iOS then they'll make software for iOS.  They have a lot of really smart people, even though upper brass seems to like to ignore them, and research divisions.  They will adapt.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: July 26, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »
MS built something, Windows XP and Office 20073, that people found good enough for what they do.
People hated 2007 at first because of ribbon interface.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: July 26, 2013, 10:28:45 AM »
on the one hand Microsoft has been pouring money into the xbox for over a decade and even with the 360's relative popularity we don't know if they actually broke even with things like the rrod and the lack of overall penetration over any region that isn't the UK or US

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2159 on: July 26, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
on the one hand Microsoft has been pouring money into the xbox for over a decade and even with the 360's relative popularity we don't know if they actually broke even with things like the rrod and the lack of overall penetration over any region that isn't the UK or US

Actually, they have made a profit with the Xbox 360, awhile ago (even factoring costs like the RRoD).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: July 26, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »
define profit,  if you mean profit in a year(most likely) then I believe it but Microsoft is known to lose money in order to make money and all things considered I doubt they have come anywhere near breaking even.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2161 on: July 26, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »
They have been profiting year to year for a long time now on the Xbox 360, so why do you think they haven't at least broke even overall by now?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 26, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »
http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

Thanks. I was trying to scrounge through Talkback to find the last thread you posted that link in.  :P:
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 26, 2013, 12:07:01 PM »
I cheated - I just dug through my old posts. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:10 PM »

Seriously, though, the site needs a better Search Engine. Using words from that original post, it was pulling topics from 2012 as the most recent posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 26, 2013, 01:53:50 PM »

Seriously, though, the site needs a better Search Engine. Using words from that original post, it was pulling topics from 2012 as the most recent posts.
That's nothing new.  I have not found a thread I new the exact title for before.  I tell ya Vudu was the only member to ever be able to find anything reliably.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 27, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »
If you want to search NWR effectively, go to Google and type "site:nintendoworldreport.com" before your search term. Works like a charm.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2168 on: July 27, 2013, 10:35:17 PM »
Phil Fish has basically ragequit the industry over being called a wanker.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 27, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »
Phil Fish has basically ragequit the industry over being called a wanker.

And I'd like to thank Phil Fish for being such a pussy that my Poison Mushroom for NFR 21 is now an easy lock.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 27, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »
Dude's a fucking Jobber. You can't play the badass criticize everyone jerky game dev and then an't take it when people critie you for being wrong or other actions.

Sucks though since he was a hell of a game developer and I was looking forward to fez II. (mostly for the soundtrack as fez's is god tier.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2171 on: July 29, 2013, 02:22:24 PM »
Microsoft has released prices for some accesories.

The Xbox One controller will be $59.99 ($10 more than the Xbox 360 wireless controller).
The Xbox One Play & Charge Kit will be $24.99 (a bundle with the Xbox One controller will be $74.99)
The Chat Headset will be $24.99

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 29, 2013, 02:49:15 PM »
Charging $60 for a controller and then $25 for rechargeable batteries is a slap in the face to customers. $75 for a bundle is a punch in the stomach.

The Wii U Pro controller has 80 hours of battery life (and that's Nintendo's typically conservative number) and it's $50.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »
Charging $60 for a controller and then $25 for rechargeable batteries is a slap in the face to customers. $75 for a bundle is a punch in the stomach.

The Wii U Pro controller has 80 hours of battery life (and that's Nintendo's typically conservative number) and it's $50.
And according to everyone here on the Board that is also a rip off.
Now how about this for simply $5 more your could get your Gamepad Replaced.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 29, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
I don't use it as my main controller, but I've only had to charge my Pro Controller one time since launch. The battery in that thing is damned impressive. I really can't believe Microsoft stuck with AAs as the default.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent