Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791012 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2125 on: July 01, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »
Zynga is a sinking ship.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 01, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
As he said: fitting.

couldn't resist
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2127 on: July 01, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »
We have a place for those of you who can't play Farmville: It's called the Midwest.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 01, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »
Mattrick becoming the CEO of a failing digital-only company is just too appropriate. Hopefully, he'll finish that company off.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 01, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
Mattrick becoming the CEO of a failing digital-only company is just too appropriate. Hopefully, he'll finish that company off.

Likely Mattrick is either going to save Zynga (highly unlikely they would have to invest in core games), but he's probably going to run the company till it dies and is aquried by someone like Google and he's either going to join the Bigger company or Ride the Golden Parachute out of their.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: July 05, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »
well apparently Mattrick's starting salary is $19 million for the first year which is wow.

There's also rumors of J Allard or Peter Moore coming back to the Xbox fold to correct the course.

A beta for the next 360 dashboard is out and ready. I'm guessing its going to make the UI closer to what the Xbox One is and get rid of MS points.

Really want to play KI but $100 cheaper and free game ia PS+ means the one is a down the line purchase.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #2131 on: July 05, 2013, 10:44:53 AM »
How does a F2P company even have $19m in revenue to waste on a Canadian?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 05, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »
I'll admit I am more interested in the Xbox One now that Microsoft's DRM policies are gone, but I just wish the damn thing didn't cost $500. It's the PS3 all over again; poor initial sales leading to multiple price cuts.

Consoles should not cost over $400. How will gaming become accessible to wider audiences if consoles cost so much? Good thing Nintendo is around to keep gaming affordable. Even Sony seems to have learned their lessons from launching the PS3 at $600.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2133 on: July 05, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »

Stockholders.

(I'd say idiots, but then I'd be redundant.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: July 05, 2013, 09:52:59 PM »
Dat Venture Capitalist money. Honestly I'm not sure what Zynga can do but try to move toward core games which is a long term plan. They have to do something in the console space and focus on XBLA/PSN as well as IOS. Maybe become a major competitor too Gameloft.

I'll admit I am more interested in the Xbox One now that Microsoft's DRM policies are gone, but I just wish the damn thing didn't cost $500. It's the PS3 all over again; poor initial sales leading to multiple price cuts.

Consoles should not cost over $400. How will gaming become accessible to wider audiences if consoles cost so much? Good thing Nintendo is around to keep gaming affordable. Even Sony seems to have learned their lessons from launching the PS3 at $600.

Gaming is already accessible to a wider audience through PS3/360.

But yeah considering everything the PS4 is the best choice out of the three next gen consoles announced. One has to consider that the consoles really aren't $400/$500 when you need PS+ and Live at this point. for the $450 you get a free game.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #2135 on: July 06, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »

Stockholders.

Yeah I'm looking at the breakdown here.  $5m 'sign on' bonus. $1m salary, $2m bonus (tax evasion) and $12m of stock. Since Zynga isn't worth a cent more than the price of their office equipment and we all know the stockmarket is hypothetical gambling, yeah I hope this works out really badly for the chief dorky dad..
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 06, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
but i liked his jacket... :D

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 06, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »

Stockholders.

Yeah I'm looking at the breakdown here.  $5m 'sign on' bonus. $1m salary, $2m bonus (tax evasion) and $12m of stock. Since Zynga isn't worth a cent more than the price of their office equipment and we all know the stockmarket is hypothetical gambling, yeah I hope this works out really badly for the chief dorky dad..
That's  $8 Million guaranteed.  With a potential $12 Million on the table if he can sway investor opinion of Zynga.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 06, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
Eat NuAds. It is good for the environment and good for you.

Yes now you too can shout McDonald's and dance to your favorite commercials. It's not that you can, but you have to. No quite but it's damn close. Those "interactive" flash ads that show up once in a while are annoying enough with them begging for you to touch them.

Shitting the bed, repeatedly, the Microsoft experience.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »
The micro restructing is finally happening.

Specifically, our teams and their leaders will be these:Operating Systems Engineering Group. Terry Myerson will lead this group, and it will span all our OS work for console, to mobile device, to PC, to back-end systems. The core cloud services for the operating system will be in this group.
Devices and Studios Engineering Group. Julie Larson-Green will lead this group and will have all hardware development and supply chain from the smallest to the largest devices we build. Julie will also take responsibility for our studios experiences including all games, music, video and other entertainment.
Applications and Services Engineering Group. Qi Lu will lead broad applications and services core technologies in productivity, communication, search and other information categories.Cloud and Enterprise Engineering Group. Satya Nadella will lead development of our back-end technologies like datacenter, database and our specific technologies for enterprise IT scenarios and development tools. He will lead datacenter development, construction and operation.
Dynamics. Kirill Tatarinov will continue to run Dynamics as is, but his product leaders will dotted line report to Qi Lu, his marketing leader will dotted line report to Tami Reller and his sales leader will dotted line report to the COO group.Advanced Strategy and Research Group. Eric Rudder will lead Research, Trustworthy Computing, teams focused on the intersection of technology and policy, and will drive our cross-company looks at key new technology trends.Marketing Group. Tami Reller will lead all marketing with the field relationship as is today. Mark Penn will take a broad view of marketing strategy and will lead with Tami the newly centralized advertising and media functions.
COO. Kevin Turner will continue leading our worldwide sales, field marketing, services, support, and stores as well as IT, licensing and commercial operations.Business Development and Evangelism Group. Tony Bates will focus on key partnerships especially our innovation partners (OEMs, silicon vendors, key developers, Yahoo, Nokia, etc.) and our broad work on evangelism and developer outreach. DPE, Corporate Strategy and the business development efforts formerly in the BGs will become part of this new group. OEM will remain in SMSG with Kevin Turner with a dotted line to Tony who will work closely with Nick Parker on key OEM relationships.Finance Group. Amy Hood will centralize all product group finance organizations. SMSG finance, which is geographically diffuse, will report to Kevin Turner with a dotted line to Amy.Legal Group. Brad Smith will continue as General Counsel with responsibility for law and corporate affairs and will map his team to the new organization.HR Group. Lisa Brummel will lead Human Resources and map her team to the new organization.
[/color]

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: July 17, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »
While advertising was "more of an afterthought" on the Xbox 360, the Xbox One "is going to have advertising in mind," according to a technical account manager StickTwiddlers talked to. "So a lot of the limitations that we have now, hopefully the release of the boundaries will be widened so the opportunities will be a lot greater.â€

http://mindofthegeek.com/2013/07/15/xbox-one-booed-evo-2013-killer-instinct/

bravo microsoft, I assumed that with the 180 you guys would be able to pull the curtains on this mess but nope. the show must go on

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 18, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »
Yeah, it's not like this wasn't expected.  While I think X1 will be more invasive, the PS4 will have advertising as well.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: July 18, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »
no, it was completely expected. i wish i found that gif before the 180 tbh it would have worked better then,

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: July 19, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »
Anybody at their Xbox one Comicon booth? Look for me, I'll be a Roman warrior advertising Ryse.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: July 19, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
Anybody at their Xbox one Comicon booth? Look for me, I'll be a Roman warrior advertising Ryse.
Did they let you play it any? Are they still PCs under their?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2145 on: July 24, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
Game Informer reports that Microsoft is reversing its stance on indie publishing. They will let indie developers publish their own games, as well as set the date and price for their games.

The company will try to speed up the time between a title being submitted and when it gets released digitally in a model similar to iTunes and its 14 day turnaround. Instead of extensive code checking, they will just check for terms of service violations and significant bugs.

In addition they will not have separate retail and debug units, all Xbox One systems will be the same and Microsoft just enable certain console ID's to be able to play pre-release code.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/24/microsoft-to-announce-indie-self-publishing-new-certification-process.aspx
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 24, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »
That's arubly even better than what sony has been doing. (In regards to the console being the dev kit like the 360 was for xna and most products expect consoles are today.)

Also from the few indie/kickstarter devs I've emailed about supporting the one they've all been pretty straight up about supporting the system even if its a late port if Microsoft went back to anyone could publish.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 24, 2013, 04:55:30 PM »

This is something that should have been announced at E3. Still pretty big news and could be a big when since apparently Microsoft polices are the same as sonys/Nintendos.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 24, 2013, 06:10:53 PM »
It's been amusing the last month seeing Sony gradually forcing Microsoft to turn the Xbone into a wannabe $500 PS4.  :P:

Jokes aside, it's a good move, though from the looks of my Twitter feed, Indie devs still aren't particularly happy with Microsoft at the moment.  I'm not sure why.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 24, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
They might not want to put too much stock in a company that seems to be routinely making drastic changes to their policies.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent